AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 22:07   Link #1881
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Lindy is kissing Yuuno? XD
The joke is with the VA, all played by Nakata George. And no Lindy is kissing a red colored alien frog and they both called Chrono son. Imagine your dad as a frog, a walking, talking frog.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 22:10   Link #1882
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
What's wrong with ChronoxYuuno? Not going to happen, but still. Wish that this game came out here though, it definitely sounds like a lot of fun to me. It's a shame Nanoha didn't catch on much in the US, hurts the chances of it ever coming out here.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 22:12   Link #1883
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Me: GUAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *doesn't want to imagine it cause it's scary*
Old 2012-01-12, 22:18   Link #1884
rxrx

Chrono: Don't you misunderstand me, I'm not screwing with you because I miss you and feel lonely because you have not been coming out with me!

Cheers you if you get the joke and hope you prepare some brain bleach.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:23   Link #1885
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
What's wrong with ChronoxYuuno? Not going to happen, but still. Wish that this game came out here though, it definitely sounds like a lot of fun to me. It's a shame Nanoha didn't catch on much in the US, hurts the chances of it ever coming out here.
You can import it very easily since the PSP is region free. Most of the menus are in english and all the dialouge is spoken so if you're like me and you've watched enough anime to understand enough of the language you can follow it just fine.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:42   Link #1886
Mirron

Sadly don't. Do watch a lot of anime, but not enough to really understand Japanese. But it is good to hear they did leave in some English, means they do know they have an English fanbase. Or just because it looks nice to them possibly, but hope for the more positive one.

And Chrono is tsundere? I think that's what it's meant to depict? Not sure I get it.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:44   Link #1887
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Or the English menu looks cool XD.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:44   Link #1888
rxrx

Quote:
Sadly don't. Do watch a lot of anime, but not enough to really understand Japanese. But it is good to hear they did leave in some English, means they do know they have an English fanbase. Or just because it looks nice to them possibly, but hope for the more positive one.

And Chrono is tsundere? I think that's what it's meant to depict? Not sure I get it.
Yep. You get the joke, congrats! Well, I think it is hard for people in US to like anime as the stories are usually not very dark and that the cute girls usually put them off I think.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:51   Link #1889
Mirron

Tsundere Chrono for Yuuno sounds nice. :P And plenty anime have darker stories than conventional cartoons, and in general have story. I think the general issue is that the cultures are different, US cartoons rarely have any level of a story.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:53   Link #1890
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

@Mirron: there are still some Nanoha fans in the US (just that it's smaller)
Old 2012-01-12, 22:58   Link #1891
Mirron

I... know that? Not sure I get what you meant. I just meant I'm glad that Tsuzuki (or marketing, or whatever) is noticing them, hopefully. But yeah, it's got a pretty big fanbase for an anime, as evidenced by this right here. Not necessarily F/SN level, or any of the more serialized anime, but still.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:58   Link #1892
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:

Even then you don't need to know Japanese to beat the crap out of the other character.

Also, Chrono is a kuudere, not a tsundere.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:04   Link #1893
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Also, Chrono is a kuudere, not a tsundere.
Yeah, that was just to meant as a poke at the Chrono X Yunno idea.

Surprise that no girls expect Amy are attracted to him as seriously, Chrono is a good catch.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:06   Link #1894
Lycodrake

My mileage varies greatly with this entire "Chrono x Yuuno" idea...what in the world sparked this?
Or do I even want to know? ^^;
Old 2012-01-12, 23:15   Link #1895
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Surprise that no girls expect Amy are attracted to him as seriously, Chrono is a good catch.
Chrono's a busy guy who worked in the "normal" military world before it turned into a Pink Bishoujo Ghetto.

That is, there were fewer girls his own age around him, and he had no time for them.

And since Amy WAS so seriously interested in him, she probably made her claim clear and ran interference. Lindy might have also contributed.

Heck, the Lieze twins might have contributed. They never interact with Amy in the series or side stuff (IIRC), but maybe they thought she was good for him.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:17   Link #1896
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There is only one direct social interaction between Amy and the Lieze twins in A's, in the same scene Chrono meets them again. They got along pretty well.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:19   Link #1897
rxrx

I see. No wonder in the Japanese fanfics they like to pair Chrono with the Aces. I remember reading one which is like Material Days, but it is even more light-hearted with no serious plot. The main character is Chrono, where Stern and Levi work as his right and left hand girls and Diarche stays in the kitchen, grumbling about it yet loving what she does at the same time.

Wonder why it seems only females have such powerful magic and linker core though.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:20   Link #1898
Mirron

YuunoxChrono is something someone brought up, and I'm prolonging? :P And I think it's more because... well... barring the main cast, Amy is the only female he ever really interacts with he could date. And Nanoha/Fate/Hayate went on to do other things, and they wouldn't be paired up as it is.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:21   Link #1899
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
I see. No wonder in the Japanese fanfics they like to pair Chrono with the Aces. I remember reading one which is like Material Days, but it is even more light-hearted with no serious plot. The main character is Chrono, where Stern and Levi work as his right and left hand girls and Diarche stays in the kitchen, grumbling about it yet loving what she does at the same time.

Wonder why it seems only females have such powerful magic and linker core though.
To quote, or at least use the same term/phrase as, Sunder: "Pink Bishoujo Ghetto".

@Mirron: Like I said, my mileage varies greatly with the entire "pairing". ^^;
Spoiler for ...:

Of course, when these games are involved, I tend to go with YuunoxMaterial-S/Stern/"Seikou"...
Which I think other people probably have mileage variation for, too...
Old 2012-01-12, 23:26   Link #1900
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

I'd like that pairing