AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 69 14.32%
Lelouch x C.C. 272 56.43%
Lelouch x Karen 199 41.29%
Lelouch x Shirley 106 21.99%
Lelouch x Milly 43 8.92%
Lelouch x Viletta 10 2.07%
Suzaku x Euphemia 126 26.14%
Suzaku x Nunally 36 7.47%
Jeremiah x Viletta 23 4.77%
Cornelia X Guilford 34 7.05%
Nina x Euphemia 25 5.19%
Zero x Karen 123 25.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-12, 09:45   Link #81
Deario

I want Viletta in a shorter Knight Order Skirt!!!!
Old 2007-01-12, 14:17   Link #82
Plan 36
Non-junior Member?

Whoopie, I'm the 100th voter

My favorite pairing in this show is without a doubt Lelouch x Karen (or Zero x Karen, why does the OP split this choice anyways?). But if for some reasons she dies (no!!), then I'm fine with him x Milly, just for her sheer awesomeness. If they both die... then Villeta is good too *cough*, but lets not go that far .

My other pairing is Cornelia x Guilford, she is a hot blooded (and cold hearted) b!@#$ (*), and he is an intelligent and obedient dog. Nice?

(*) Not really, but I have to go with the joke here.

I think C.C is the equivalent of the wise old wizard guy in other shows/fantasy books, rather than a potential love interest of Lelouch, so I didn't vote for her. Besides, if my guess is correct then she will probably die anyways, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 2007-01-12, 14:51   Link #83
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan 36 View Post
Whoopie, I'm the 100th voter

My favorite pairing in this show is without a doubt Lelouch x Karen (or Zero x Karen, why does the OP split this choice anyways?). But if for some reasons she dies (no!!), then I'm fine with him x Milly, just for her sheer awesomeness. If they both die... then Villeta is good too *cough*, but lets not go that far .

My other pairing is Cornelia x Guilford, she is a hot blooded (and cold hearted) b!@#$ (*), and he is an intelligent and obedient dog. Nice?

(*) Not really, but I have to go with the joke here.

I think C.C is the equivalent of the wise old wizard guy in other shows/fantasy books, rather than a potential love interest of Lelouch, so I didn't vote for her. Besides, if my guess is correct then she will probably die anyways, so it doesn't really matter.
The reason they split KalenxLulu and KalenxZero is because the nature of relationship is not the same. KalenxZero's relationship is similar to GilfordxCornalia one (dog x master). While KalenxLulu indicates more fighting type relationship.

The poll clearly indicates that not all Kalenxlulu fan loves the current KalenxZero, dog x master (since the vote are not equal even though you can vote for both). So they make it separate.

I am not a big fan of dog x master relationship. Some people might love fantasying over it, but I don't think it will work well. so Kalen x Zero is a nono for me. Also Kalen x Lulu can not even call a romance at all (currently).

Things might start to becomes interesting if Kalen learn who Zero is. However my guess would be she will just help Lulu cover up his secret and treat lulu like Zero now (still dog x master...).

Milley sure does have cool personality and her family supports Lulu and everything. But I kinda feel sorry for poor Rival on having a crush on her. Also Lulu x Milley so far in the story is not happening.

The highest potential romance couple, although many people would hate this, is indeed CC. She must be hated by all female fan for bossing Lulu around and hated by all Kalen's fan in getting in her way, but she is by far the most interesting character I find in the story. Her relationship to Lulu rightnow is similar to an old friend (side kicks) who he can talk to about anything and she will helps him when he is in trouble. It is also quite clear the Lulu have some special attachment to her.

She is not just some old witch character who is just there to help Lulu achieve his goal and fly off laughing in the end. Otherwise we wouldn't get all those name censor episodes and the pizza hut!~. She is potentially the key character who can move us out of the current frame in this anime, which stated in the producer interview: "The other side of the story, where the power lies not in technology advance but close to the source of life.". I am looking forward to those, after all this shows is called "CODE GEASS", she is the person who holds the geass link together
Old 2007-01-12, 15:10   Link #84
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
calling it a master x dog relationship is soo harsh >.<
imo i think its more of a one sided love with kallen showing feelings for zero (lulu) but not the other way round as he already has his eyes fixed on CC ~ but if kallen does indeed pounce on him the chances are that he will have trouble deciding who to pick cause at the end of the day its not like he totally doesnt care for kallen (okey besides using her as a queen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
The highest potential romance couple, although many people would hate this, is indeed CC. She must be hated by all female fan for bossing Lulu around and hated by all Kalen's fan in getting in her way, but she is by far the most interesting character I find in the story.
and being a guy i find that bossiness quite a nice change to the whole "mysterious" girl archtype...normally i would expect those types to be giving and somewat more gentle...but CC is hot dynamite here in terms of personality

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-12, 15:31   Link #85
Plan 36
Non-junior Member?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
The reason they split KalenxLulu and KalenxZero is because the nature of relationship is not the same. KalenxZero's relationship is similar to GilfordxCornalia one (dog x master). While KalenxLulu indicates more fighting type relationship.

The poll clearly indicates that not all Kalenxlulu fan loves the current KalenxZero, dog x master (since the vote are not equal even though you can vote for both). So they make it separate.

I am not a big fan of dog x master relationship. Some people might love fantasying over it, but I don't think it will work well. so Kalen x Zero is a nono for me. Also Kalen x Lulu can not even call a romance at all (currently).

Things might start to becomes interesting if Kalen learn who Zero is. However my guess would be she will just help Lulu cover up his secret and treat lulu like Zero now (still dog x master...).
Eh not all one-side love are dog x master relationship you know. Anyways I love Karen because she kick ass, not because she is a lovey-dovey that she is now.
Old 2007-01-12, 22:18   Link #86
ani_d

Heh, a code geass romantic thread, how...I dunno lol All I know is Lelouch beats that jerk Light in the women department.

Lesse...It's definitely gonna be CC or Karen.

C.CxLelouch=I think anyone with a brain would know that C.C is the most probable girl for Lelouch given their contract. They ARE tied together, and their relationship could only grow from there. In fact, I really did like CC at first, then I liked Shirley, then I started liking Karen, then C.C, then Karen again. It's like a ping-pong phenomena, but even if C.C has the advantage over Lelouch, I still can't help liking Karen the most. It's just interesting to see if there's going to be a twist since CCxLelouch pairing is more solid than they look as of now. Not to mention, CC isn't a conventional character that is meek or ditzy or blushes every nanosecond. (>.< hate those type with passion) Her bossy attitude and her love for pizza is actually very interesting.

KarenxLelouch/Zero=With or without mask, their two-faced relationship is still interesting and it makes you want to anticipate Karen's reaction once she finds out the Zero's true identity. Lelouch and Karen were heavily implied in the earlier episodes, and they're both fun to watch together whenever they're at school. ^.^ I agree with what the others are saying though. For this pairing to happen, Karen NEEDS to break that wall. So far, Lelouch knows more about Karen than he does her, so it's hard to reach out to him. -_- Another thing that I like about Karen is she's strong, deep, and has reasons she's fighting for. Karen is probably the only one who genuinely supports Zero's ideals the most, so I think she deserves some love. Those writers better not disappoint her fans. She's a great character!

ShirleyxLulu? Meh...A love triangle is enough.

Have I babbled enough? With all that said, if KarenXLulu doesn't happen, then I don't have a problem with C.C too. ^__^ If they did it right. >|
Old 2007-01-13, 00:00   Link #87
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Heh, a code geass romantic thread, how...I dunno lol All I know is Lelouch beats that jerk Light in the women department.

KarenxLelouch/Zero=With or without mask, their two-faced relationship is still interesting and it makes you want to anticipate Karen's reaction once she finds out the Zero's true identity. Lelouch and Karen were heavily implied in the earlier episodes, and they're both fun to watch together whenever they're at school. ^.^ I agree with what the others are saying though. For this pairing to happen, Karen NEEDS to break that wall. So far, Lelouch knows more about Karen than he does her, so it's hard to reach out to him. -_- Another thing that I like about Karen is she's strong, deep, and has reasons she's fighting for. Karen is probably the only one who genuinely supports Zero's ideals the most, so I think she deserves some love. Those writers better not disappoint her fans. She's a great character!
Exactly, that is what I want to know as well as many other people. It can be summed up as saying that Karen is Lelouch's strength, while C.C. is his support. I actually think it's Lelouch who needs to just come clean with Karen. If he explains his past to her, she will understand since she lost her brother.
Old 2007-01-13, 07:04   Link #88
bond4154

I actually wouldn't mind the Jeremiah/Viletta pairing. Viletta is furiously loyal to Jeremiah, but unlike the Zero/Kallen pairing, Viletta isn't Jeremiah's dog (and, just to clarify things, Guilford is NOT Cornelia's dog, more like a kind and overprotective to a spoiled little sister). Viletta has been seeing following Jeremiah and covering him under her own free will. When Jeremiah charged into battle in the Battle of Narita, against orders, Viletta decided to screw protocol and stay on Jeremiah's six. She has constantly covered Jeremiah's ass and supported him, no matter how bad things got. She's the calm in Jeremiah's passion. Best yet, she doesn't go all emo when Jeremiah supposedly "dies".

Jeremiah himself isn't a bad character either. Despite the "Orange-kun" pun, he's actually quite competent; the fates just haven't been very fair to him. You've seen earlier that he was quite a competent soldier and leader, doing well in the first episode until he was ambushed, seizing control of Area 11 through a smooth political move, and holding his own against three Sutherlands for a short while when he was ambushed.
Old 2007-01-13, 13:32   Link #89
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I would just like to clarify my position on the Karen/Zero side of things. I do not wish to see this so-called dog x master relationship continue right to the very end. I think at some point something will have to give. Either Karen inadvertently discovering Zero's identity, or Zero gaining enough trust and respect for Karen to move her up to his inner circle (which currently only includes C.C.). Karen needs to move up from being a chess piece in Zero's plans. That was what I was referring to in my first post about Kallen needing to break the wall, from either side.

This may not happen this season. Kallen might not even make it through this season, but she seems like a very popular character (I believe she's ranked 2nd overall at the Code Geass blog, and she was the highest ranking Code Geass female in a NewType female character poll at #4). Unfortunately if OP and ED prominence of a character accurately reflects what the writing staff thinks of a character, things don't look too well for Kallen, who was omitted from the ED and didn't really get much time in the OP.

Not much has happened on the Kallen/Lelouch since that Eleven hot-dog slap incident, which was episode... 9 or 10?

I'll also be realistic here. Right now, I think the only people Lelouch loves are his sister Nunally (I hate that romanization) and his best friend Suzaku. I would see the most probable relationship with Karen being a comrade-in-arms (without Karen being manipulated). Romance can develop from there .

Just a note: I use Karen Kouzuki to specifically denote her persona as a terrorist/revolutionary member. Kallen Stadtfeld being her Britannian persona. I also use Kallen when generally referring to her character.

EDIT: I too do not mind the Viletta/Jeremiah pairing, but I also do not actively support it. Reason being that I think other pairings are more important in terms of plot development. That's why I think Nina/Euphemia is an important pairing, since I think this could be very dangerous for Nina and/or Euphemia.
Old 2007-01-13, 14:15   Link #90
ImperialKnight

Quote:
EDIT: I too do not mind the Viletta/Jeremiah pairing, but I also do not actively support it. Reason being that I think other pairings are more important in terms of plot development. That's why I think Nina/Euphemia is an important pairing, since I think this could be very dangerous for Nina and/or Euphemia.
Good lord whatever has Euphie done to you!? She doesn't deserve that!
Old 2007-01-13, 14:15   Link #91
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deario View Post
Today's Subject!
Lelouch x Viletta
Far fetched? Maybe, but Viletta has my vote for the best looking female in Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion. But Cornelia and Millay giver her a run with personailties and bosoms.
Yep yep, Viletta looks awesome. But I doubt she'll be in a relationship anytime soon. she has that 'im doomed to die' kind of character design.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-01-13, 15:08   Link #92
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Good lord whatever has Euphie done to you!? She doesn't deserve that!
I don't like Euphemia. She reeks of Lacus Clyne in many ways, and to me that's a bad thing because I did not like the teenage pop princess who believes she knows what is right for the whole galaxy. Euphemia has the chance to be better, but I also generally dislike naive, idealistic, pampered, pacifistic princesses such as her.
But this isn't what this topic is about.

I believe Nina/Euphemia can move the plot, similar to how Shirley/Lelouch is moving the plot. Meaning a fairly insignificant character can wreak havoc in the story because of a relationship. Shirley used to be a throw away character, but now that she's tangled with this whole Zero mess, she can affect the main character greatly.

I don't really think Viletta/Jeremiah can move the plot in the same way. Actually I suppose you could say Viletta is trying to uncover this whole Zero business because of and for Jeremiah, but I also think she's doing it for herself as well.
Old 2007-01-13, 15:29   Link #93
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
[COLOR=Navy]I don't like Euphemia. She reeks of Lacus Clyne in many ways, and to me that's a bad thing because I did not like the teenage pop princess who believes she knows what is right for the whole galaxy. Euphemia has the chance to be better, but I also generally dislike naive, idealistic, pampered, pacifistic princesses such as her.
But this isn't what this topic is about.
Well to be fair she doesn't sing nor does she preach any crap nor does she see herself as some saviour (She's pretty straightfoward. Assuming she takes control of 11 which Cornelia intends to do I would expect her to rule pretty much in a decent way, similar to Clovis' but more humane). That and as Lloyd pointed out the public doesn't know her too well. Except for those who read those other magazines.....Hopefully she never does and she isn't perfect either.

Simply point, no one should link up with Nina, at ALL. That girl is messed up and as some others have pointed out, she really gets on your nerves and makes you wonder why she's even there.

Quote:
I don't really think Viletta/Jeremiah can move the plot in the same way. Actually I suppose you could say Viletta is trying to uncover this whole Zero business because of and for Jeremiah, but I also think she's doing it for herself as well.
Something big is coming up with Viletta, especially since she has her own spot in the opening.
Old 2007-01-13, 17:42   Link #94
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I realize she has her own spot and that her importance is increasing. What I am trying to make clear is that it isn't a specific pairing that she is a part of that has made her more important. Shirley became central to the plot mostly because of her relationship with Lelouch.

And yes, Nina is on the bottom of my character list. She's extremely xenophobic (that's putting it nicely), very annoying, and I bet she'll be mentally unhinged by the time this thing's over. Hm... but why is it that I enjoyed Fllay Allster's character so much more than Shirley Fenette and Nina Einstein combined? Actually Fllay remains my favourite Gundam SEED character.

Strange?
Strange.

I think we're kind of getting off topic though .
Old 2007-01-13, 23:24   Link #95
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless enigma
This may not happen this season. Kallen might not even make it through this season, but she seems like a very popular character
You sound like there's going to be a second season? :| Is there really?
Old 2007-01-13, 23:30   Link #96
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
what the hell?

Where is the lulu x Karen x CC ??!

A king can have two Queens once he gets a pawn to the other side, you know! IT'S IN THE RULES!

>_<
Old 2007-01-14, 03:33   Link #97
bond4154

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
You sound like there's going to be a second season? :| Is there really?
Apparently, the story goes that the the story of Code Geass (apparently, some people have been reading manga) cannot possibly fit into twenty-six episode with its current speed. So there's probably a second season. Maybe.

...Oh, and after watching the second OP of Code Geass, permit me to say this.

Viletta is bloody hot with her hair undone.

There.

Last edited by bond4154; 2007-01-14 at 03:55.
Old 2007-01-14, 11:28   Link #98
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond4154 View Post

Jeremiah himself isn't a bad character either. Despite the "Orange-kun" pun, he's actually quite competent; the fates just haven't been very fair to him. You've seen earlier that he was quite a competent soldier and leader, doing well in the first episode until he was ambushed, seizing control of Area 11 through a smooth political move, and holding his own against three Sutherlands for a short while when he was ambushed.
meh. Jeremiah is fine, besides that streak of Nazism in him. Which is ironic, considering he's a Brit, but then again Nazism probably doesn't exist in that world....

anyway, I agree that no matter how hot Viletta is, she has the fated death symptoms.
If not, shes destine to work alone.

:/

Oh talking about other relationships, where is the Cecilia x Lloyd pair?

Lloyd rocks, and Cecilia is fun, smart and sexy.

just right for the mad fun scientist
Old 2007-01-15, 04:41   Link #99
bond4154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
anyway, I agree that no matter how hot Viletta is, she has the fated death symptoms.
If not, shes destine to work alone.

:/
Doesn't stop her from being hot. =P

...I'm getting kind of out-of-character. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Oh talking about other relationships, where is the Cecilia x Lloyd pair?

Lloyd rocks, and Cecilia is fun, smart and sexy.

just right for the mad fun scientist
Yin-and-yang make fun combinations. ^_^
Old 2007-01-15, 12:39   Link #100
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond4154 View Post

...Oh, and after watching the second OP of Code Geass, permit me to say this.

Viletta is bloody hot with her hair undone.
The scene in the OP really disturbs me. Bad foreshadowing, bad. I didn't agree with people who were saying she looks like a doomed character, but depending on how accurate the OP/ED prophetic visions are, it could be bad (although C.C also had a scene of her falling in the first OP...)

Darn, and I was thinking Jeremiah x Viletta had a chance...
Closed Thread

Tags
romance