AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-29, 05:41   Link #341
tsunade666

they usually use the whole name. I find it surprising that they are not calling him with kamijou-san which show respect and show that your not too friendly with that person. It's more like they treat touma like a total friend already and no need for formality.
Old 2010-03-29, 11:25   Link #342
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
they usually use the whole name. I find it surprising that they are not calling him with kamijou-san which show respect and show that your not too friendly with that person. It's more like they treat touma like a total friend already and no need for formality.
Exactly. If the girls think they're close enough to get rid of the formalities, then why doesn't Touma? It's because Touma doesn't think he's that close to them, despite the fact that Touma's been living with Index for quite some time now, and he's been through some deep things with Mikoto that she would never tell anyone about.
Old 2010-03-29, 13:31   Link #343
tsunade666

Maybe its also due to memory lost. Being insecure on yourself. Having self doubts or question. I'm not good with this type that's related to one's own mentallity of thinking. But if you ask me. When I don't have any memory or what so ever clue of my past. I will try to make a "space" on the others. Some self defence mechanism. WHen he first saw his father after memory lost. His also at lost on what to do. And when his meeting people of his past. His also at lost and thinking on a way on how to approach. When he first met someone he knew from the past. Which turn out to be styl. His first approach is to show respect but back fired with a fire sword . Then he tried to be friendly with Misha that also backfired with a chainsaw on his neck. Then after that he just tried to create a space between himself and people around him. Specially to those his close with or seem to be familiar with but still his not showing off guard or something. Hard to explain it.
Old 2010-03-30, 10:16   Link #344
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Maybe its also due to memory lost. Being insecure on yourself. Having self doubts or question. I'm not good with this type that's related to one's own mentallity of thinking. But if you ask me. When I don't have any memory or what so ever clue of my past. I will try to make a "space" on the others. Some self defence mechanism. WHen he first saw his father after memory lost. His also at lost on what to do. And when his meeting people of his past. His also at lost and thinking on a way on how to approach. When he first met someone he knew from the past. Which turn out to be styl. His first approach is to show respect but back fired with a fire sword . Then he tried to be friendly with Misha that also backfired with a chainsaw on his neck. Then after that he just tried to create a space between himself and people around him. Specially to those his close with or seem to be familiar with but still his not showing off guard or something. Hard to explain it.
Yes, I understand that he would be overly cautious because of his memory loss. That's why he was hesistant on getting in bed with Index, despite it being his bed and Index leaving enough space for him. However, that insecurity should dissipate as time passes, and Touma's hasn't.
Old 2010-03-30, 10:21   Link #345
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yes, I understand that he would be overly cautious because of his memory loss. That's why he was hesistant on getting in bed with Index, despite it being his bed and Index leaving enough space for him. However, that insecurity should dissipate as time passes, and Touma's hasn't.

This could be a mater of time. If what I've read is right, even by Vol.20, it has only been about 2 1/2 months.

And most of the people he meets is after that.

Misaka is half way through Aug

His class mates in September.
Old 2010-03-30, 10:40   Link #346
tsunade666

but even so. What about the case of the others towards him? his the one who is overly cautious of himself.
Old 2010-04-02, 19:36   Link #347
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Technically, Index and Mikoto should be more formal towards Touma than he towards them. How often have we heard Index or Mikoto call Touma "Kamijou-san"? What I'm saying is that if the girls can be so casual towards him, then Touma can as well.
Well my opinion is this. Index is a westerner, meaning she doesn't know Japanese custom very well. Have you notice that she calls everyone by their first name? Touma, Aisa, Hyouka... Like most of us, she doesn't use family names probably because she doesn't see the need to separate.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:13   Link #348
Shadow5YA

Then what about Mikoto?
Old 2010-04-02, 23:21   Link #349
tsunade666

Quote:
Then what about Mikoto?
One answer................................" tsundere "
Old 2010-04-02, 23:24   Link #350
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
One answer................................" tsundere "

i believed the correct term is Thundere
Old 2010-04-02, 23:46   Link #351
Miraluka
Banned

All of this is totally going off topic.
Old 2010-04-02, 23:54   Link #352
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i believed the correct term is Thundere
In reference to the deafening shockwaves left by her attempts to get past Touma's guard just once?

And yeah, just as well to stop this here.
Old 2010-04-03, 01:32   Link #353
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
In a way, I'd suggest that Touma is somehow selfish towards people he knows because from the way his personality is being explained he doesn't want to have people he cares to worry about every single damn thing... and then proceed further to worry about said things himself. Thus causing a chain reaction of making these very people worry about him.

We have seen a couple of instances he came barging in just in time for rescuing people, but usually he does it with very little regard to the fact that he might get killed even if he has his Imagine Breaker as a shield.

... For some reason I want to see Touma getting a lethal hit much to the shock and awe of everyone (especially his harem! BWAHAHAHA), but later surivied and while he's still warded in the hospital (much to the shock of Dr. Frogface himself), his state left everyone in angst contemplating to what extent was he so determined on helping them out (again, his harem, I expect waterworks to be flowing around), in which later when he does later return to action all fine and healthy to save everyone like he used to, much that tears of joy were shed (again, I'm expecting waterworks from his harem).

But that sounds so cliched and cheesy, isn't it...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-04-03, 02:06   Link #354
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

It's call Volume 16.
Old 2010-04-03, 05:51   Link #355
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^

It's call Volume 16.
The scale of that occurence... is still too small for me.

But well that will have to do for now.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-04-03, 05:57   Link #356
tsunade666

Nope its not cheesy. Its called being ubber GAR.
Old 2010-04-03, 10:09   Link #357
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Sounds like Misaka Vision.
Old 2010-04-03, 10:57   Link #358
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Sounds like Misaka Vision.
reading your previous post, I guess you wanted Misaka in the group from vol.16.
Old 2010-04-03, 13:08   Link #359
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
All of this is totally going off topic.
isn't that normal?
Old 2010-04-03, 13:30   Link #360
Ashaman

yep, it is
Closed Thread