Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-23, 11:00   Link #261
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
If you guys remember the first Hidamarble release (marble's concept album for x365, including their version of "Sketch Switch"), a second Hidamarble album was confirmed a while ago.
Damn your eyes... (reaches for credit card and online shopping site...)

The first Hidamarble album was fantastic, and the slow piano-backed version of Mebae Drive was achingly beautiful.
Going on my 'must buy' list.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 13:33   Link #262
kamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Kokonoka, who's apparently an illustrator for a few light novel series. I can't say much beyond that.
Okay, thanks! ^^
Old 2010-03-25, 23:44   Link #263
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

And so another season ends. 9/10, for being the usual it... Except maybe Shaft's art performance.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 19:44   Link #264
Midonin
Last Engage

Got around to seeing the last episode of Hoshimittsu. This episode managed to make me hungry. Which is quite a feat considering I was eating at the time. A pizza no less. Some nice appearances from everybody, and the final scene with the evening star closing off the season's motif was visually and emotionally appealing. As for overall impressions of Hoshimittsu, I liked it for several reasons. The vivid and very nicely done OP and ED, the unusual title, the changing of dynamics with Nori and Nazuna, and the brief look into the past. Miyako continues to get the best lines, something I never expect to change, though Nori quickly gains a place as my favorite (Viva computer geeks!). Plus, it was the first Hidamari season to air in widescreen since TBS changed its airing plan, and for that I am thankful. Nice work, Shaft and Shinbo.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 20:50   Link #265
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Just watched the final TV episode.

Hidamari Sketch is the first series I can remember where each season it only gets substantially better and better. You can actually see the character an their interactions evolving and getter better over time. Not only that, but the production team, everyone from the VA's to the sound directors and script writers feel like they have grown to like and love their work here. Hidamari will always be a series I can watch, and rewatch, and rewatch. I wouldn't be exaggerating if I called it my favorite school-setting based series.

And I'll be eagerly waiting for the DVD specials and a hopefully upcoming 4th series.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 21:52   Link #266
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

The last TV episode reminds me of the old cartoon "Attack of the killer tomatoes"... sure tomatoes are great, but after a full course of tomato dishes.. I might end up having enough of it. The last episode of the TV show shows Hiro exercising with them, but not totally in sync, maybe the special episode would show them exercising in sync.
Old 2010-03-29, 06:42   Link #267
Tsuchi

Quote:
And I'll be eagerly waiting for the DVD specials and a hopefully upcoming 4th series.
I've just discovered this was the third season of this series, and not the second, as I was thinking all this time.

Brb, laughing hard at myself.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 09:34   Link #268
macloud
what you mean only 12 eps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
I've just discovered this was the third season of this series, and not the second, as I was thinking all this time.

your probably thinking of full metal panic - very easy to confuse the two

....oh wait
macloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 15:55   Link #269
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post

See the bright side: You got a full 13 episodes to watch now. It's like getting a 3rd season all over again!
Old 2010-03-29, 16:30   Link #270
Tsuchi

Quote:
See the bright side: You got a full 13 episodes to watch now. It's like getting a 3rd season all over again!
Yeah! That's true, and I've already started with it.

I feel like first eating the cookie and then the cream of an Oreo biscuit.

Anyway, enjoying it like hell.

Damn, I know Hidamari is a "no plot" series by watching the seasons in 1-3-2 order and not feeling something missing. I watched the first one last year, then noticed the third one a while ago; it introduced new characters and all that stuff. It felt like a second season.

Heh.
Old 2010-03-29, 20:30   Link #271
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Finally caught up with the last two episodes. Might as well post more screencaps...

Damn you Internets!!

o_o;;

I'm not sure why I found this particularly cute. Yay pizza.

*sigh* Yeah... couldn't help it.

Girls are bonding...

( ¯‿¯)

[Insert "Miyako has some nice tomatoes" joke here]

Attempting the same "swing bag to move faster" trick Miyako came up with?

The o_o is spreading!

Yay for stitches.
Old 2010-03-30, 00:13   Link #272
billborden

Once again, a beautiful job. Now, another long 18-24 months until we get another season...Sigh
Old 2010-03-30, 05:08   Link #273
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
Once again, a beautiful job. Now, another long 18-24 months until we get another season...Sigh
I'm sure we'll at least get some DVD exclusives and TV specials.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 15:08   Link #274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

The o_o is spreading!
Haha, I loved that scene ! Didn't expect Nori to get so nervous when speaking to the landlady. Nori and Nazuna are such a great addition to the series, I ended up loving those two and can't wait to see more of them !

Their seiyuus also turned out to be a nice suprise for me, I had never heard Omigawa Chiaki's girly/normal voice yet, and I must say I enjoy it a lot. I didn't know Harada Hitomi at all prior to her role as Nori, and she's already impressed me quite a bit this season, I would have never guessed she also voices Himeji in BakaTest if I hadn't looked it up. That's quite a range she has... I look forward to hearing more of her.
Old 2010-03-30, 15:11   Link #275
Midonin
Last Engage

She was also Tomoe in Sasameki Koto. Comparing Tomoe to Nori to Mizuki, it'd be tough at first glance to figure out they were all the same person. And, with her role as Jun last year, Nazuna now and P-ko in Arakawa, Omigawa is now officially part of Shaft's VA posse.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 15:52   Link #276
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

Yay for stitches.
This season made yet again shows that Hiro has the best fashion sense out of all the girls. <3
Old 2010-04-06, 13:28   Link #277
Yaku-Pai
フリテン

I can't believe it's over. Somehow I got this feeling that there won't be 4th season, no matter how hard I wished for it... Well, atleast the show has a lot of rewatch value!
Yaku-Pai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:41   Link #278
Tsuchi

Quote:
Somehow I got this feeling that there won't be 4th season, no matter how hard I wished for it... Well, atleast the show has a lot of rewatch value!
Hmmmm, isn't the manga still ongoing? I don't know how much have they used up for the anime series already, but why not? If there were 3 there can be a 4th one.

That depends on the success of the series in Japan, as always, anyway.

And... yes, surprisingly enough for this kind of series, it has a pretty high rewatch value. At least for me; it's by far my favorite "no plot" anime series.
Old 2010-04-07, 07:59   Link #279
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaku-Pai View Post
I can't believe it's over. Somehow I got this feeling that there won't be 4th season, no matter how hard I wished for it... Well, atleast the show has a lot of rewatch value!
Well despite what western people sees, Hidamari is somewhat popular in Japan and also there are more than enough material for a 4th season.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 12:53   Link #280
Proto

Really? Last time I asked they told me in this thread that the 3rd season practically used up all existing material...

Tags
comedy, seinen, shaft, slice of life