AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-11, 07:54   Link #481
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
hey tiger what exactly is this christmas present end that you are talking about?
Spoiler for christmas end, "good" ending:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-07-11 at 08:15. Reason: link added
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 08:05   Link #482
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^
Spoiler for christmas end, "good" ending:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 08:42   Link #483
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I would laugh if just to screw with everyone's ideas of a bad ending they'll make it unexpectly happy..
Like i've been saying, the chance that a anime original ending happens is pretty high.
Old 2007-07-11, 11:14   Link #484
TigerII
Pilot in Training

What they said^^

^And I too can see an original. To set its self from the games, it might do it. But if not a new one...

Spoiler for ED:
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 11:27   Link #485
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Though I don't watch School Days, I've gleaned enough info from various blogs to learn that this Makoto is "the most pathetic adult game protagonist", ever. And I can see why.

Having seen some of the infamous endings somewhere (search for it yourself), I have a suggestion for a solution which I made in another blog that can appease the Makoto haters appeal for his death:

Simply format the series like that of South Park, have Makoto killed in all sorts of gruesome ways at the end of each episode, and have him resurrected at the start of the next for everyone's pleasure.

Kotonoha: OMG! They killed Makoto!
Sekai: You bastard!
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 11:31   Link #486
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
What they said^^

^And I too can see an original. To set its self from the games, it might do it. But if not a new one...

Spoiler for ED:
I don't see them going for an original end. There are 21 endings to pick from Not like they are short on options, be they "good" or "bad". As for the "bad ends" ...

Spoiler for heavy end game spoilers:
Old 2007-07-11, 11:32   Link #487
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Though I don't watch School Days, I've gleaned enough info from various blogs to learn that this Makoto is "the most pathetic adult game protagonist", ever. And I can see why.
Makoto is hated for those endings, that is the truth. Though its not 100% fact that they shall appear the anime, and at the second episode, hate for Makoto is just starting. Then again, it does depend on how you look at the series.

So yeah, the hate you're talking about isn't in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I don't see them going for an original end. There are 21 endings to pick from Not like they are short on options, be they "good" or "bad". As for the "bad ends" ...
Just because they have plenty of ending material to choose from doesn't mean they won't make anything new. Choosing just one end out of so many is going to upset a lot of fans, and they know it. Sure a original ending can do the same, but in a completely different way. For me it'll be more of an anime ending.
Old 2007-07-11, 13:50   Link #488
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:

Having seen some of the infamous endings somewhere (search for it yourself), I have a suggestion for a solution which I made in another blog that can appease the Makoto haters appeal for his death:

Simply format the series like that of South Park, have Makoto killed in all sorts of gruesome ways at the end of each episode, and have him resurrected at the start of the next for everyone's pleasure.

Have you been watching Higurashi? Been there, Done that, and it was way to gruesome to keep seeing it over and over again.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 15:08   Link #489
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just because they have plenty of ending material to choose from doesn't mean they won't make anything new. Choosing just one end out of so many is going to upset a lot of fans, and they know it. Sure a original ending can do the same, but in a completely different way. For me it'll be more of an anime ending.
I have no problems with them choosing to do an anime original end, but i believe the chances of them doing that (inventing something notably different from any of the game endings) are close to zero. Is there a need for them to do so?

"Upsetting" certain fans happens either way - one girl gets chosen anyway -> the fans of the "loser" are "upset." Creating a "new" ending doesn't change this in any way. In fact i could imagine some game purists crying for blood if they didn't go with an already established end. But remember that we are talking about something that has 21 endings. I can not imagine why they would feel the need to come up with something "original." (To what degree altered ending we would consider an "original" anyways?). I don't care either way, but i just can't see where this conviction of them planning on original end comes from. It certainly isn't out of the scope of possibilities, but i don't see why would the ending be something new. And i certainly didn't see anything in the first episode that would make me think otherwise
Old 2007-07-11, 16:42   Link #490
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:

If only the show is a comedy

Going to watch ep 2 now!
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 16:46   Link #491
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well got to see the first episode subbed. Obviously heard a ton of hate going through the majority of this thread for the main guy. At the moment I don't have a ton of reasons to hate him, though I really didn't like the stunt of shoving Sekai like that. Sure I get the whole not wanting everyone to know your crush but come on that was going way too far. Can only wonder just what kinds of stunts he'll pull in the future if he can lose control like that.

I do understand Sekai in what she was trying to do. If the person you like doesn't like you at least you want to see them happy. Helping him out with being happy sounds nice. Though from that kiss at the end and getting on the train you may be seeing some negative sides of that plan. You still care about the person and seeing them with someone else even if you helped it to happen would be tough.

Moved quickly to get that triangle started and things should get interesting. With so many endings have to wonder what they'll go with. I'm not out for blood since I've never overly liked sad endings. But if this guy lives up to his reputation I could make an exception. But looking at the odds we could get a more happy ending. Will keep watching to see where the story goes.
Old 2007-07-11, 16:56   Link #492
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I have a chance to look at first episode(btw, we should have a sub-forums to this IMO). Well I am impressed about it. While looking at it, I have a question about it
Spoiler:

But all of all, it was a good eps, cant wait to see more of it

Last edited by Neki Ecko; 2007-07-11 at 16:59. Reason: Couldnt see the spoiler
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 16:57   Link #493
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeplesCuttino View Post
I have a chance to look at first episode(btw, we should have a sub-forums to this IMO). Well I am impressed about it. While looking at it, I have a question about it

But all of all, it was a good eps, cant wait to see more of it
damn right about the sub forum for this show~

Answer to your Q:
Spoiler for Sekai~:
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 17:05   Link #494
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
isnt that higurashi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well got to see the first episode subbed. Obviously heard a ton of hate going through the majority of this thread for the main guy. At the moment I don't have a ton of reasons to hate him, though I really didn't like the stunt of shoving Sekai like that.
they thing here is that even i was only shifting eyebrows during ep 1 whereas ep 2 completely changed me into thinking that he is an ass (without going on the words of others this is what i am seeing unfold in front of me) ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-07-11, 17:07   Link #495
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I guess that is a good question about why Sekai did that. Personally I think she couldn't help it. Clearly she liked him even though she was trying to help him be happy with someone else.

With the guy thanking her a lot and saying he'd pay her back for her help. Maybe she couldn't resist what she wanted. Even knowing she probably shouldn't maybe it was just giving into a temptation.
Old 2007-07-11, 17:08   Link #496
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Why did Sekai kiss him before she boarded on the train? I know that she want to help him out but why she did that for
There are probably various reasons she would do it, here is my opinion (and since it is basically a known fact, there is no need to put it in spoilers) :

1) the offer of "anything" probably was a factor in her decision
2) since Makoto is going to date kotonoha, it was also her only chance, since waiting any longer can be much more complicated
3) after all she has done, it has probably make her realize that praying won't do anything, just like she said for Makoto and Kotonoha.

wild guesses here, but there isn't a lot of possible reasons of this.

After some clips i could watch, i must say... school days has a lot of... insane twists... KGNE sounds sometimes "lovey dovey" compared to it.
Spoiler for 肉欲 (carnal desire) followed by 妻です(i'm the wife) ? this is an ending anyway:

thus... i think the end is quite secondary... the main story shall most likely be more painful to watch, and i'm wondering if the characters will act just like i have seen in the above end X_X

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-07-11 at 17:27.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 17:26   Link #497
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Klashkari, thanks for that information i think I came up with the same opinions about and I didnt know if the game explains why that happen and I wondering what part Setsuna will play in this. I know that she got a thing for Makoto but the question is

Spoiler for :

I hope not, I am slowly becoming a Setsuna fan.
Old 2007-07-11, 17:29   Link #498
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Klashkari, thanks for that information i think I came up with the same opinions about and I didnt know if the game explains why that happen and I wondering what part Setsuna will play in this. I know that she got a thing for Makoto but the question is

Spoiler for :

I hope not, I am slowly becoming a Setsuna fan.
Spoiler for game spoiler:
Old 2007-07-11, 17:54   Link #499
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I guess that is a good question about why Sekai did that. Personally I think she couldn't help it. Clearly she liked him even though she was trying to help him be happy with someone else.

With the guy thanking her a lot and saying he'd pay her back for her help. Maybe she couldn't resist what she wanted. Even knowing she probably shouldn't maybe it was just giving into a temptation.
i guess basically it was the only way for sekai to come off as a natural friend to makoto ~ i suspect she had already taken an interest in him at first sight and seeing the phone charm thing was just the ticket she needed to get talking (or writing) with makoto ~ and to get even closer to him she decided than to rather express her love for him she would play cupid instead...a really bad move to complicate things as they are already complex ~ sekai literally turned the whole thing into a love triangle with her very own hands while the common logical approach would be to "just go for it" herself! ~ perhaps she favored immediate contact with makoto rather than a gradual friendship trend *sigh*

it just pains me to see why losers like him has girls flocking around him...if only that happened in real life

Old 2007-07-11, 17:55   Link #500
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for game spoiler:
That is so messed up, but that would be a good idea to make a list about that, the girls that Makoto didnt sleep with

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere