5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 6.19%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-25, 21:30   Link #61
Explosion of Youth

Wow amazed at how much complaining there is about the animation. Yes its not as good as the naruto vs sasuke fight, but overall it was decent.

You see there is a thing called a BUDGET when producing these kind of things. Im sure if the animation quality was at its best every single time they would go broke. I don't quite think they just make the animation shitty at one point and fantastic at the other just for a laugh. They have to pick and choose their spots for the great animated fights.
Explosion of Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 22:01   Link #62
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosion of Youth View Post

You see there is a thing called a BUDGET when producing these kind of things. Im sure if the animation quality was at its best every single time they would go broke. I don't quite think they just make the animation shitty at one point and fantastic at the other just for a laugh. They have to pick and choose their spots for the great animated fights.
And the 2 years of fillers wasn't part of the budget saving? because it looks to me kinda .. .. Budget
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 22:37   Link #63
0200461b
The Last Vaizard

Now that the ep is out, i think its safe to compare it to the manga. I have 2 major gripes about this ep. Firstly, the oodama rasengan was PUNY, not what you would call a giant ball. And secondly, why did the animators have to play down asa kujaku to such a great extent? It was meant to be Gai's showpiece jutsu thus far in the storyline! Anyway all the fight scenes seemed rushed, instead focusing on the boring flashbacks. Does anybody feel the same way?
0200461b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 23:11   Link #64
Explosion of Youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0200461b View Post
Now that the ep is out, i think its safe to compare it to the manga. I have 2 major gripes about this ep. Firstly, the oodama rasengan was PUNY, not what you would call a giant ball. And secondly, why did the animators have to play down asa kujaku to such a great extent? It was meant to be Gai's showpiece jutsu thus far in the storyline! Anyway all the fight scenes seemed rushed, instead focusing on the boring flashbacks. Does anybody feel the same way?
yea okay while the oodama rasengan chakra BALL did not look that big, look at the size of the impact it makes compared to rasengan.

Gai's move downplayed? Jeez man he kisami was soo hot he evapourated an entire lake.

Azure King:

dude the fillers were made to give time for the anime to catch up to the manga. there was no point in pumping huge $$$ into those episodes as all they were designed to do as the title implies, fill time. If they had been filled with flashy animations every ep they would go broke, which made sense because their was no point to them.
Explosion of Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 00:20   Link #65
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosion of Youth View Post

Azure King:

dude the fillers were made to give time for the anime to catch up to the manga. there was no point in pumping huge $$$ into those episodes as all they were designed to do as the title implies, fill time. If they had been filled with flashy animations every ep they would go broke, which made sense because their was no point to them.

Dude i think you just answer my question

- The 2 year fillers was on a budget and now they still don't have enough money for the frist arc on shippuden? lol

Last edited by Azure King; 2007-05-26 at 00:57.
Old 2007-05-26, 00:42   Link #66
gibits
Endless

If viewed on its own I guess this was a decent episode...........All the name calling in the genjutsu was very tiresome, but the action and the animation were pretty good despite what everyone else says about them.

But i have been spoiled and I must say this episode was not very faithful to the original work, maybe the animation team felt that Itachi got beat too fast in the mange (though they feel this way about everything Naruto) and lengthened the fight, but I preferred the quick pwnage that Kakashi and Naruto did on Itachi in the manga instead. It really showed that Kakashi and Naruto had improved alot to easily beat Itachi.

Also the mist technique was effective against Kakashi in the Wave country arc, yet Itachi says it is useless against the Sharingan. Retcon anyone?
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 00:48   Link #67
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Also the mist technique was effective against Kakashi in the Wave country arc, yet Itachi says it is useless against the Sharingan. Retcon anyone?
Yep, and Sasuke told Sharingan could see who were the bunshins against Naruto at the VOTE while Itachi obviously can not.
There are only blunders by the anime staff.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 01:19   Link #68
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Good ep. Naruto's new resengan is pretty fricken destructive! Looks like he could take out anyone with that beast.

Sakura and the old hag are as lame as ever. Yeah, just sit there while the boys ruff-it-up why don't ya!

Kakashi, once again is the man! He absolutely out-smarted/manoeuvred, Itachi on this occasion, even though it does look like it was just a powered-up bunshin he was fighting. Still fucked him up though, Konoha style!

Gai... What can I say? Tell me who could stop him in that form? (Apart from Orochimaru, because I know he is the ultimate!) Anyone else? Naaah…
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 08:18   Link #69
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I'd like to make comment on what Jiraiya said. I cant believe he said that.

Naruto asked what to do if disspelling the jutsu doesnt work. Jiraiya said give up wtf!! This guy trained the freaking 4th Hokage and was trained by a perious Hokage. And Jiraiya used the words "give up"??

Doesnt make sense at all...that small scene was for me already a reason to reduce the rating of it.
Old 2007-05-26, 08:50   Link #70
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

well.. you should also consider its Naruto we talking here
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 09:03   Link #71
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Did Jiraiya say give up !? LOL XD
But on the other hand, those little 'fillers' are quite interesting ^^
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 09:53   Link #72
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

These two fights have been one long, big anticlimax. In the manga these were high-octane fights aka AWESOME. I canīt believe they actually managed to ruin the fights the way they did. This is not good in any way, Iīm so glad today that I started reading the manga when the fillers were at their worst.

So slooooooow, so boring. Thereīs not any tension left in the show. Letīs pray that the coming fights will be handled atleast 100% better.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 10:38   Link #73
Nvenya

I'll say it again. I would rather wait 1 to 2 years for greatness than to be given this crap NOW just so they don't catch up to the manga. Too bad a majority don't see it this way.
Nvenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 10:44   Link #74
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Seeing Itachi toying with those n00bs was fun to watch.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 11:50   Link #75
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Seeing Itachi toying with those n00bs was fun to watch.
In the manga your precious Itachi was owned in 3 moves, this episode was loaded with filler, which is why many ppl here gave it a low rating.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 12:37   Link #76
Azure King
Snr Spammer

i think the rating system here is alittle off, i reakon it should look like this, because having good as 7/10 is looks high and most ppl rate naruto on good to average and not the number rating and thats why naruto is getting a high rating then it should get

10 - Perfect
9 - Excellent
8 - Superb
7 - Very good
6 - Good
5 - Average
4 - Below Average
3 - Poor
2 - Bad
1 - Painful
Old 2007-05-26, 12:59   Link #77
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvenya View Post
I'll say it again. I would rather wait 1 to 2 years for greatness than to be given this crap NOW just so they don't catch up to the manga. Too bad a majority don't see it this way.
They already did wait 2 years while they were doing the filler. This has nothing to do with catching up to the manga and everything to do with milking the series for more episodes.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 17:27   Link #78
Rock Lee X
Rock Lee Junkie

how did kakashi now tat naruto had a jutsu powerfull enuf 2 even affect itachi...i mean i dont think his normal rasengan would have done much
Rock Lee X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 18:02   Link #79
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
So slooooooow, so boring. Thereīs not any tension left in the show. Letīs pray that the coming fights will be handled atleast 100% better.
*rolls eyes*- that's partly or completely because you already know what's coming. It's FULL of suspense and tension for those of us that don't know what's coming.
Old 2007-05-26, 18:06   Link #80
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Yep, and Sasuke told Sharingan could see who were the bunshins against Naruto at the VOTE while Itachi obviously can not.
There are only blunders by the anime staff.

Sasuke told Sharingan could see who were the bunshins against Naruto.

What the hell. Where did u get that from? In the Chuunin exam, Sasuke said he dont even know who is the original one even its a bunshin.

And, Azure King. You really hate Shippuden aint u? All I can see from u, its a disapointment. No positive comments.

Yah...you guys complaint too much. Give me a break. Someone said that im ignorant and I dont understand their opinions. That makes me laugh, I always read every comments, I understand why Shippuden is a little bit let down. But...each times im going in this thread. There's ton of people that are complaining about this show. This makes me sick of it. >.>