AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-03-09, 07:50   Link #121
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.valvrave.com

Update:
- New key visual
- More staff announcements
- Akira Senju (FMA Brotherhood) is composing the music
- PV2

The mecha action looks kinda slow to me, and the CG isn't that great, but it looks like they are doing 2D animation for the close ups and detailing, like Yamato 2199. Those parts look nice.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 08:14   Link #122
Jetzero Infinity

Yep that new key visual just makes it look even more like a Gundam show...

New PV was pretty nice. Personally I thought the mecha CG I've seen so far for this looks fine, but then I've never really been all that bothered by CG mechs so I don't know if it means much. 2D animation looks superb of course. Looking forward to checking it out.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 08:19   Link #123
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I like effective CG, it's just rather weird in the PV. Maybe there's a reason for it in the show though. I'm just not used to seeing mecha move in such an awkward and slow way when dodging missiles in space. It's definitely unique looking, just not very pleasant on the first impression.

I looooove the 2D detailing though:

Images
Old 2013-03-09, 08:55   Link #124
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Just watched the newest PV, and I have to say I love it a lot. Too bad the air date take place one week later than I expected, but I'll still watch it. More new characters are always nice, and I even want to hug Vier so much ! The music composer turn out to be different than expected, but Haruto's scream at the beginning was nice and has epic attire to it. Seems like I'll watch two mecha shows (this and Gargantia) in one season (= spring) !

Also, Full staff revealed :
Director : Ko Matsuo
Series Composition : Ichiro Okouchi
Sub Series Composition : Kazuma Miki, Takeshi Kuma
Original Character Design : Katsura Hoshino
Character Design : Tatsuya Suzuki
Mechanical Design : Makoto Ishiwata, Kunio Okawara, Naohiro Washio, Kenji Teraoka, Takashi Miyamoto, Noriyuki Yanase
Mechanical Animation Design : Takuya Suzuki
Production Design : Masatoshi Kai
Art Director : Masahiro Kubota
CGI Director : Shuji Shinoda
CGI Model Supervisor : Tadao Kodaka
Color Design : Hiromi Ikeda
Color Coordinator : Keiko Kai
Cinematographer : Yui Tanaka
Mechanical Coordinator : Ryoji Sekinishi
SF Study : Kiyomune Miwa
Sound Director : Masafumi Mima
Music : Akira Senju
Animation Production : Sunrise
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2013-03-09 at 09:17.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 10:13   Link #125
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Is there any info which of Sunrise studios is making it?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 10:34   Link #126
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Is there any info which of Sunrise studios is making it?
Not publicly as far as I have read anyway. Maybe there's something in one of the magazine interviews? But if I were to guess, I'll say Studio 11 is a strong possibility. The CG director and CG Modeling Supervisor are both Sunrise staff who worked on the SD Gundam Sangoku stuff. I guess we'll find out when the show airs and there are more producer and animator credits.
Old 2013-03-09, 15:00   Link #127
Folenfant
Banned

Wow work for Senju Akira. Absolutely by none my favorite Japanese composer and yet severely unknown in the anime community cause he doesn't get a whole lot of work in anime and is more a mainstream drama and theater composer. This guy is arguably world class so its something that really excites me.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 17:41   Link #128
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Wow work for Senju Akira. Absolutely by none my favorite Japanese composer and yet severely unknown in the anime community cause he doesn't get a whole lot of work in anime and is more a mainstream drama and theater composer. This guy is arguably world class so its something that really excites me.
Didn't help that lots of people always compared his Brotherhood work unfavorably to the O.G FMA score as well

But yeah first anime works from him since 09 when he did FMA and ToV First Strike.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 21:33   Link #129
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Didn't help that lots of people always compared his Brotherhood work unfavorably to the O.G FMA score as well

But yeah first anime works from him since 09 when he did FMA and ToV First Strike.
I always figured that was more an expectation of continuity (Michiru Oshima is a good composer in her own right and her work on Blast of Tempest is a real gem) than actual criticism of his work. I heard a lot of positive talk about the OST for Brotherhood but not by name specifically. Hes just not that well known,,but when you only do an Anime OST what seems like every 5 years (if I'm not mistaken you have to go back to 2004s Tetsujin 28th to find his last work though maybe Red Garden came after) that's to be expected by all but ardent fans. Really though the only composers I consistently see name dropped anyway are Kanno and Kajiura. Kind of sad there aren't more well known composers in anime.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 22:01   Link #130
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://www.valvrave.com

Update:
- New key visual
- More staff announcements
- Akira Senju (FMA Brotherhood) is composing the music
- PV2

The mecha action looks kinda slow to me, and the CG isn't that great, but it looks like they are doing 2D animation for the close ups and detailing, like Yamato 2199. Those parts look nice.

Images
either that is caused by the effect of Haruto's pilot suit design or he has some nice child bearing hips
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 05:51   Link #131
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I noticed that no one in this thread had mentioned something on the main site:

This is a Dyson sphere. Of our sun.

I need to explain. In this anime humanity had 70% of the population move into Space. This is an interesting numbers, as it likely means we have conquered Space colonisation but likely haven't left the Solar System in any significant way.

There are still multiple governments, but they have formed mutual defence pacts, WW1 style, into two mega nations.

Here is the worrying bit; the Dyson sphere is a structure that encases a star, and captures its heat and light as directly as possible. Essentially turning the sun into a fusion reactor for our own use. It is a fabulous dream far beyond a mere Space Elevator.

But it has the frighting issue of turning the sun into a commodity.

Imagine if you had to pay for the energy you get in solar panels? What if poor people no longer have access to sunlight?

And how do we share ownership of our sun? We have two political powers at odds with one another. Who is running the power supply of the solar system? Who is responsible? Who pays the construction costs? Does someone own it?

The idea that I might lose the right to have a sun, frightens me. When sunlight becomes a privilege, what then?

My suspicion is that the MC's robot holds clues to FTL travel. Because humanity must be stuck in the solar system too long if they can build a Dyson sphere. Time to find new stars.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2013-03-10 at 06:11.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 06:05   Link #132
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I noticed that no one in this thread had mentioned something on the main site:

This is a Dyson sphere. Of our sun.

I need to explain. In this anime humanity had 70% of the population move into Space. This is an interesting numbers, as it likely means we have conquered Space colonisation but likely haven't left the Solar System in any significant way.

There are still multiple governments, but they have formed mutual defence pacts, WW1 style, into two mega nations.

Here is the worrying bit; the Dyson sphere is a structure that encases a star, and captures its heat and light as directly as possible. Essentially turning the sun into a fusion reactor for our own use. It is a fabulous dream far beyond a mere Space Elevator.

But it has the frighting issue of turning the sun into a commodity.

Imagine if you had to pay for the energy you get in solar panels? What if poor people no longer have access to sunlight?

And how do we share ownership of our sun? We have two political powers at odds with one another. Who is running the power supply of the solar system? Who is responsible? Who pays the construction costs? Does someone own it?

The idea that I might lose the right to [B]have [/B a]sun, frightens me. When sunlight becomes a privilege, what then?
This sounds like a interesting world build-up for the show's premise (I'm expecting for something down to earth like the countryside). I really need to dive to the more intricate details when the show premieres.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 09:47   Link #133
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

wait, if our sun is FREAKING all covered up by the sphere, wouldn't that you know, effect our solar system's balance?, along with the conditions of our planet?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2013-03-10, 10:12   Link #134
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
wait, if our sun is FREAKING all covered up by the sphere, wouldn't that you know, effect our solar system's balance?, along with the conditions of our planet?
Desperate times. You don't do this unless you feel you had to. 70% of humanity have already move to space colonies, so they probably feel the remaining 30% getting screwed is okay. Or maybe they will keep a hole pointing toward Earth.
Old 2013-03-11, 04:51   Link #135
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Just few more weeks to go. It has been quite a while since last decent mecha anime series
Old 2013-03-12, 21:22   Link #136
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So it's a step up from like, almost anything Gundam ever had. Multi-kilometer colony? Hundred of them? Bah, pansy.

(I wonder what would happen when solar flare ensues though, and from what I could tell, it's semi transparent)
Old 2013-03-12, 21:30   Link #137
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Is Valrave the only mecha in the show?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 00:15   Link #138
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Is Valrave the only mecha in the show?
well knowing that Bandai likes to milk out of something, there could be some Zaku wannabes, Valverave MK-II, Zeta Valverave, ZZ Valverave, Psycho Valverave, & heck even the mass production models such as the VM's (Valverave mass production types) or even the sidestories (Valverave Astray?)
Old 2013-03-13, 07:14   Link #139
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
well knowing that Bandai likes to milk out of something, there could be some Zaku wannabes, Valverave MK-II, Zeta Valverave, ZZ Valverave, Psycho Valverave, & heck even the mass production models such as the VM's (Valverave mass production types) or even the sidestories (Valverave Astray?)
Valverave is Aniplex though, Sunrise can get hired by other production companies even if they are owned by Bandai. Gintama for example is another Aniplex produced Sunrise series, though of course this doesn't stop Bandai from sponsoring or making kits or whatever, I guess depending on the contracts.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 09:21   Link #140
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Valverave is Aniplex though, Sunrise can get hired by other production companies even if they are owned by Bandai. Gintama for example is another Aniplex produced Sunrise series, though of course this doesn't stop Bandai from sponsoring or making kits or whatever, I guess depending on the contracts.
yes i know this series is Aniplex, its the guys who's incharge of the following merchandise such as toys that i am talking about

its just that the teasers never show other mechas in action yet aside from some several shots of the battleships (& combat vehicles?), which makes it look like the Valverave is the only giant robot in existance in this show, you know it could be lame for a show about a single kung-fu-karate giant robot going godzilla pawning all of those helpless conventional combat vehicles such as tanks & fighter jets, its like Gundam's One Year War era but backwards

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire