AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 04:50   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Character Discussion - Noe

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Noe related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all true tears fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:47   Link #2
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
finally... a character discussion thread...
yay first post...

character design wise noe's is simple yet very pleasing to the eyes...
and i just love her shoes/boots as it adds to her cuteness factor...

though she has a simple character design her character isn't all that simple...
there's a shroud of mystery covering her and that really makes me want to know about her and her past...

her eccentric behavior makes her seem weird but that just adds more to her mystery...
also the way she stares a shin for periods of time really are cute and meaningful at the same time... it's like she's talking to shin from her heart through those stares... i for one want to be stared at by noe too...

one last thing...

noe really is
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 11:45   Link #3
EXEs
Hallelujah...

She's like Haruhi, only cuter, much more.

She seems so much like a "imouto" type of character, with her childlike behaviour, and cutesy charm. Lucky bastard, Shin'ichiro.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 15:55   Link #4
Aegelward

I have to admit, Noe is possibly my favorite.

She seems to come clean to shin in episode 4, though there could be more behind this i don't know... but can't she just behave like she does because.. well thats how she feels like acting?

I know this is a romance/drama but not everything has to have a dark side... that said, her brother might be a bit more fond of her than he should be.
Aegelward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 16:04   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
You mean Haruhi when she was all petit, adorable and cuter.

What I like the most has to be her contribution to the show, she's a little weird, but she's so out of this love triangle that the other characters seem even more childish and silly around her. And if I'm not mistaken she's the youngest protagonist in the show.
Old 2008-01-29, 16:25   Link #6
nanaman
Musician guy

Noe sure is a cute character, but I find Aiko to be much more cute in a more mature kind of way. It will be interesting to see what role Noe will play in the future. I'm thinking that she might take a temporary role of being Shin'ichiro's girlfriend to make Hiromi react (she said she was going to help him) and partially because of her brother wishes (this may come from Shin'ichiro though), but what it leads to is another question. Along with Hiromi I see those two characters most likely to end up with Shin'ichiro in the end. The "wildcard" Aiko is not completely impossible neither, because you shouldn't really rule out the possibility because it's the least cliché and improbable.
nanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 17:29   Link #7
SnEptUne

It is obvious Noe is the main character as suggested by the title, and how her tears were taken away. I couldn't care less about who is more cute, but without Noe, this will just be another happy-go-lucky romance story. I am looking forward to the real meaning of "true tear", being a cold hearted person that I am.
SnEptUne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 17:44   Link #8
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Noe is definitely my favorite character in the series. I can definitely see the comparison with Haruhi (although I still find Haruhi cuter, IMO). She is cute, carefree, and very eccentric, but unlike Haruhi, you can tell she openly cares about people like Shin, Jun, and Raigomaru (ok.. not exactly a person). Noe in many ways has the heart of a child and yet is years mature for her age. Seeing Noe is always so refreshing. I really want to see what Noe has in store for Shin for the rest of the series.
Old 2008-01-29, 18:37   Link #9
cloudninja

Noe captured a chocobo steed in episode 3

Spoiler for episode 3:
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 18:44   Link #10
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post

She seems so much like a "imouto" type of character, with her childlike behaviour, and cutesy charm. Lucky bastard, Shin'ichiro.
Noe is just Pure cuteness! She is the cutest character in the show, but she is not romantic material. She will probably will be Shin's angel that helps him get through all the problems that are coming his way!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 20:32   Link #11
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Spoiler for episode 3:
Funny. Probably unintended, but I can definitely see it:

Spoiler for Chocobo!:
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 23:38   Link #12
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I rather love Noe Isurugi. She's very cute in a down to earth way. She's quite fun to watch. Plus I love her voice. She also interests me in terms of finding out exactly what will ultimately cause her to achieve her goals.
Old 2008-01-30, 01:18   Link #13
DanielSong39

Noe is the engine that makes this series run - without her, this is a rather mediocre show.

No matter who ends up with Shin, there will be no doubt as to who the lead girl is.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 01:43   Link #14
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Noe is no doubt the cutest character in this series for me, even though I'm going to not cast my vote on which girl I will support yet. Hiromi is absolutely more "attractive," and this series does well at differentiating the two meanings.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 01:58   Link #15
Divini
Senpai!

Noe... she's enigmatic, cheerful, and mysterious at the same time. I'm always trying to think about what's going through her head, so she's a really interesting character to watch.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 03:43   Link #16
Ecole

Could someone give me the lyrics to the "cockroach" song she keeps singing?
Ecole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 13:14   Link #17
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Noe is the engine that makes this series run - without her, this is a rather mediocre show. No matter who ends up with Shin, there will be no doubt as to who the lead girl is.
I agree with all of this except the word "mediocre," with which I disagree totally and completely. The animation, the voice-acting, the interesting characters and the way they are portrayed (Hiromi, Mother, Ai-chan, Father), the pacing, the subtle emotions. With all the mediocre anime around, you can save that word for some other show.

But Noe is the thing that is most unique and most rivetting in true tears for me. "Engine" is a great word for her. What is she going to do next? Will she ask Shin to go out with her? I doubt it, from his surprised reaction to her brother's request. Is she really going to try to help him make Hiromi his girl friend? I like Hiromi a lot, but Noe is definitely the most fascinating character here, for me.

Noe is not just "enigmatic, cheerful, and mysterious," as Divini said, she appears to be deeply sad, as well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 13:21   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
To me, she is the type to put on a fake mask to hide her sadness (completely opposite to hiromi lol ^^).

Easily the most enjoyable character so far next to ai. Noe is a weird girl but certainly not annoying. Innocent but not clueless. Kind but also sharp to the point where it can hurt.

She is going to be the next major source of drama together with hiromi (and maybe ai depending on how much development she gets).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 10:21   Link #19
darlliu

Noe is definitely my favourite charater so far, although I must say the sad-and-lives-with-you hiromi is really one stereotype that always works on me

What I enjoy most is her candor, she never hides her emotions, altough they are sometimes like little riddles.

However
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-31, 15:52   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Thank you darlliu. I like the theory in your spoiler, if only as a possible alternative to sis-con, which doesn't actually ring true to me. Despite the hints (panties, embrace, helmet), their attitude to each other actually does seem brother-sisterly, to the extent we've seen it.

The feeling of depth in the characters is great. There always seems to be another level of feeling and or fact.

I also want to mention how much I like the straightforward way Noe manhandles Shin -- or gets him to carry her. Non-romantic physical contact is still physical contact. He won't be able to help feeling closer to her, despite his misgivings.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote