AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2008-11-02, 18:13   Link #4321
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
This is a little old, but still relevant. Focus on the Family, an American evangelical group headed by James Dobson, issued a letter predicting what an Obama Presidency would be like. Check out the link to read it and get some LOL's.
http://focusfamaction.edgeboss.net/d...2012letter.pdf

To me it's more like a warning to the Democratic supermajority . Their only responsibility for the first 4 years is to fix the economy, that's it and nothing else. Also, the Democratic supermajority should not push new social agendas that most Americans consider radical and unashamedly leftist. Do all the above and the democrats should maintain its status for another 20+ years. If they don't, brace for republican restoration in 2010.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:24   Link #4322
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
To me it's more like a warning to the Democratic supermajority . Their only responsibility for the first 4 years is to fix the economy, that's it and nothing else. Also, the Democratic supermajority should not push new social agendas that most Americans consider radical and unashamedly leftist. Do all the above and the democrats should maintain its status for another 20+ years. If they don't, brace for republican restoration in 2010.
Most Americans? you mean all the Sarah Palin fanboys/girls? Just look at all the polls and you will find she diesn't have the support you think she does. Honestly, America has been social radical right for way to long. They cling to guns way too much and let other social matters rule their life when more important matters are at hand. Obama has started a youth movement and those who declare a party alliance at an early age tend to remain faithful, so i hope to see a much more balanced America in the future, even if he loses to racism and hate.

There was a lot more controversial post i wanted to put out, but i want to remain polite and respectful.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:31   Link #4323
solomon

Quote:
i support the democrat congress but yea the will get whats coming to them if they mess with gun laws and abortion and gay marriage when they dont need to.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:34   Link #4324
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It hasn't been *all* of America... but enough of the ones that regularly vote. Both 2000 and 2004 would have been quite different if enough of the "left-center" whiners had actually VOTED and swamped out the vote suppression and caging in Ohio.
Young people are historically *terrible* at following through with voting.

there's a gauntlet... go vote, dammit, young Americans.
Old 2008-11-02, 18:47   Link #4325
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It hasn't been *all* of America... but enough of the ones that regularly vote. Both 2000 and 2004 would have been quite different if enough of the "left-center" whiners had actually VOTED and swamped out the vote suppression and caging in Ohio.
Young people are historically *terrible* at following through with voting.

there's a gauntlet... go vote, dammit, young Americans.
If it is any consolation, if McCain does win this time, then the 'youth' cannot blame your generation (Late-Baby Boomer, early Gen-Xer) or my generation (Gen-X all the way) for their problems anymore. It will all be the Generation Y and the 00s fault .

Wait...that is not much consolation .

A Democratic controlled Government does not scare me that much. There are too many democrats that are centrist now (it is the only Democrate that can be elected in the majority of states) to really push through any truly liberal agenda. So, I doubt that any legislation involving Gay Marriage will be presented in Congress (especially since most consider the matter to be important on the state level rather than the federal level), and abortion will stay as it is, nothing more and nothing less will be added to this constitutional right. (Most of the other stuff in the article/editorial is tripe and will be generally left alone, or at least the extremist attitude projected in the article/editorial will not come to pass.)

That being said, I have always considered the "Letter from 2012" article/editorial to be one of the funniest/craziest pieces of propaganda to be released this election cycle (how can you not love (to hate) an article/editorial that more or less blames Obama for any future terrorist acts of violence as well as the extermination of the Jewish people, etc? This is some crazy shit right here). Gladly enough, no one, not even Fox News, has deigned to cover this hilarious essay.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:52   Link #4326
mg1942

Please... just stay home...

Old 2008-11-02, 18:55   Link #4327
Green²
It's bacon!

Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 19:00   Link #4328
james0246

Quote:
Please... just stay home...

On one hand, if Obama is elected, he will be elected in part by support from the under educated constantly aloof youth (not to mention an amazingly strong ethnic vote). While, if McCain gets into power, it will undoubtedly be because there is still an underpinning of Racisms that pervades throughout the American people (sadly enough, to reclaim his lost ground, this seems to be one of the only legitimate analysis of the current situation). So, which fringe group would you rather have supporting you, the idiotic stoners, or the slightly hate filled white people?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 19:09   Link #4329
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
On one hand, if Obama is elected, he will be elected in part by support from the under educated constantly aloof youth (not to mention an amazingly strong ethnic vote). While, if McCain gets into power, it will undoubtedly be because there is still an underpinning of Racisms that pervades throughout the American people (sadly enough, to reclaim his lost ground, this seems to be one of the only legitimate analysis of the current situation). So, which fringe group would you rather have supporting you, the idiotic stoners, or the slightly hate filled white people?
I think the idiots would be better to have in this situation, the last thing the US needs now is to cause more racial hate by white.

The VP will actually know what to do, when the time comes.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 19:15   Link #4330
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I always feel more comfortable with idiotic "new age" stoner butterflies than with nasty venom-spewing intolerant selfish people (like some of my relatives).

Eloi are much tastier on buttered toast anyway if times get tough
Old 2008-11-02, 19:27   Link #4331
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
So, which fringe group would you rather have supporting you, the idiotic stoners, or the slightly hate filled white people?
Better to have the idiots choose the leaders than be the leaders.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 19:37   Link #4332
mg1942

Quote:
Both should stay home. Their purpose is to clog the polling site.

Stoners are like zombies with no CPU, zombies waiting to be programmed on election cycle. The liberal far left are conting on them on Nov 4.

The (slightly) hate filled white people are just as worse as stoners. Their hate prevents them from discerning fact, opinion, statement, or even fiction informations. They are angry, and to keep it going, someone in their group must fabricate and deliver "information" (as seen in early 2008 primaries). Even though the GOP are wary of these people, the far right (including elements in the white nationalist movement online) are counting on these people.
Old 2008-11-02, 19:44   Link #4333
Luminisk

"Once there were two brothers. One ran away to sea; the other was elected vice president of the United States. And nothing was heard of either of them again." -Thomas Marshall

I don't really blame people for not knowing the VP or the Supreme court Justices by picture, because seriously how often do you hear from them? The VP office of Dick Cheney was something of a tangent but I digress. The media tend covers news that are controversial or exciting, and that is a travesty in itself because these people are making decisions that affects all of our lives one way or another and most of us have no clue what they are doing, not to mention if they are within legal power to do it. The only thing that is going to go away if we remain ignorant or choose it ignore it is our own rights and liberties.

It has been said that Roman children are required to memorize The Twelve Tables, but we have high school graduates that how many admendments make up the Bill of Rights much less name each of them; how did they managed to pass high school Civics or PoliSci 100? Remember it is really easy to take rights away from someone who don't know that they have those rights.

On that note I was laughing and tearing at the same time when I saw that video where people were petitioning to end women suffrage.

The problem now is that whoever inherit the Oval Office is not only going to inherit this huge pile of poo, a staggering national debt, but also a heavily divided nation; tough times are sure to come no matter who takes the office.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 19:50   Link #4334
solomon

As I said, read the papers. And look at sites like projectvotesmart.org and govwatch.org

Tv does a shitty job of covering what happens in legislation houses, federal or otherwise. CSPAN asisde, but not even I can sit down and really "watch" it.
Old 2008-11-02, 20:05   Link #4335
nanafan
horo fan

i am voting, i feel that i have to do something, instead of complaining about what happened, at least if i voted i have more reason to complain, if that is possible. lol liked the palin prank call, i wasn't sure if it was sarkozy, they made the accent funny..course never heard sarkozy speak in english
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 21:02   Link #4336
solomon

Wasn't Sarko, why would he be? He's got bigger fish to fry than to call a woman who is gonna be relagated to tie breaker vote in the senate if McCain wins (I don't mind Palin but I really doubt she would have much more of a job than that in a McCain administration).
Old 2008-11-02, 21:33   Link #4337
sikvod00

sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 21:56   Link #4338
solomon

I'm really tired of fringe groups calling Liberals anti american. It's the stupidest piece of propaganda I've ever heard. To me the sheer ACT of calling Liberals OR conservatives anti-american IS anti-american
Old 2008-11-02, 22:58   Link #4339
Luminisk

I checked out that website; it seems to be left leaning a bit.

So I believe the post is simply trying to point out how ludicrous things have become; The Republicans are sparking a neo-McCarthism witch hunt and it has evolved include homosexuals and... union organizers.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 03:01   Link #4340
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Liberals, anti-americans? I don't think I can sit with this BS.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debate, elections, politics, united_states