AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 04
10: Amazing... 5 7.58%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 9 13.64%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 25 37.88%
7 out of 10: Good... 13 19.70%
6 out of 10: Average... 8 12.12%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 2 3.03%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 1.52%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 1.52%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 1.52%
1 out of 10: Tortuous... 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-30, 06:57   Link #21
casval cehack

8/10. Womanizer, Ace, Team leader: Wolf stole the show. If he had woke up from the healing sleep earlier, he could have wipe-out the UE right at Nora with AGE-1 and end the show. Reminds me of Bernard Monsha; outright made a move on Miles and claimed the Gundam.

Funny that the AGE System has no Wifi to transfer combat data. But the best scene would be the Grafran "shaving" scene.
Old 2011-10-30, 07:19   Link #22
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
my take 8/10

Spoiler:
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 10:09   Link #23
tsunade666

Emily is annoying me <.< I want to see Yuurin Again

An introduction of the ace pilot Woolf. He got looks, spunk, attitude, skills and big mouth to back it up He fight for the gundam at first but UE interfere or rather UE was passing by on the place where they are doing the duel. Revelation on UE like their stealth ability against radar. By entering a zone affected by their jamming. You won't appear in the radar. Though it might back fire against them too because even if Flit and Woolf are near they can't detect them at all. Plus they have ways too block visuals too. A really advance enemy.

Aside from Emely which is super annoying. Flit too is annoying me. At first he was nice too give out the gundam but once he gets the hang of it. He claims it's his own mobile suit. His being too much aggressive and didn't think much but just attack. Thanks to Vargas advice that he got his cool head back. He really need Yurin at his side Emily could just get lost. Trying to control Flint's behavior and even making decisions for him. She is like his wife already minus she is not his wife yet. Flit had a dim future if she is his future.

Grodek has those evil smile at the end when he said he knew already what UE is. Though I certainly think that Grodek has his past stolen by UE because in the captains chamber their is the usual picture frame that wasn't been shown yet. Maybe his family is in that picture which can only mean that UE might had kill them in the past. 8/10
Old 2011-10-30, 11:58   Link #24
Appel

that was the weakest episode so far in my opinion. but at least we got some more pieces of info about the UE... theirs ships look pretty awesome^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 14:53   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well first impression of Woolf was "this idiot slept through the entire first few episodes?" Was doubtful about whether he had any skill going for him. At least he managed to prove that he can actually fight. Though can understand Flit getting frustrated with this guy just wondering around laying claim to everything.

The UE definitely have some surprising tech going on here. Heavy on stealth and able to vanish visually as well. No wonder they can appear anywhere and attack before anyone knows what is going on. Plus that ship shows they have quite the force sailing around there.

The Emily situation wasn't too bothersome. Can understand the growing worry that Flit isn't going to be able to move away from this. Instead of just making it and letting it go off into the battle he's going to be going along too and putting his life on the line. Trying to help separate him from the Gundam via the duel ends up putting him in even more danger. Now the question is where is she going to go from here? Continue trying to get him out of this or take a step herself to follow where he is going.
Old 2011-10-30, 15:18   Link #26
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Great episode. I like White Wolf already ! A womanizer, big mouth and all but he's skilled and he cared about his teamate. Without him, Flit would be dead but we can say the same about him. I like the fact that he "acknowledged" Flit's skills. A great pilote who is not too full of himself during battle. He could be a good senpai for Flit I think.

I completely undertand Emily. You can't blame her for her behavior. It's realitic and not too much. Just what it should be.

I don't think Grodek is evil but he has is own agenda too. The question is what is this agenda ? But so far, he has been a good captain. So I trust him.

9/10. Yes, I think I can say I really like this show now. The pace, the music, the character, I like everything
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 15:25   Link #27
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
that was the weakest episode so far in my opinion. but at least we got some more pieces of info about the UE... theirs ships look pretty awesome^^
This episode confirms that they are defintely not aliens since Grodeck was able to recognize the technology they were using.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 16:26   Link #28
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wolf was awesome even though he's full of himself. Lol Emily agreed to make sure Flint lost so he would stop piloting So Grodek has clue about the UE. That was one big ship the UE had.
Old 2011-10-30, 16:56   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Emily = Shakti
So true. They're both so adorable.

Woolf is indeed hilarious. Shame his death flag appeared the second he started to act cool.

Music placement was at it's best in this weeks episode. That Gundam launch theme especially.
Old 2011-10-30, 16:58   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow nobody seems to be following this anymore. This is kind of criminal, but whatever, I guess a peaceful thread to start things off isn't a bad thing either.

Woolf is great in his first episode. He's got that whole jet jockey ace pilot swagger thing going on naturally and seems pretty confident in his skills. Apparently they hold Mobile Suit races in this particular universe (peace times and what not so it makes sense kind of) and he's the champion so I'm not really surprised to find he's brimming with confidence and feels he as the commander should be able to pilot the best suit.

Kind of have to agree with the Flit/Uso and Emily/Shakti comparisons a bit, but more so Flit/Uso. Emily is kind of having to go through what Shakti did in watching her friend become gradually more warlike as he becomes adjusted to piloting the Gundam, but she's definitely far more passive-aggressive about things then Shakti ever was. She also clearly still doesn't like or trust Grodek much and he certainly acts a little sketchy again this episode. Is he having second doubts about taking over the ship or is something else bothering him?

Unlike in Gundam 0083 I was kind of surprised to see Grodek actually agree to the mock training session. Something tells me he wants Woolf in the Gundam too because it'll probably better their chances, but of course Woolf underestimated Flit and the Gundam's ability paid the price a bit in the end by getting his pride wounded. Emily's refusal to root for Flit so that he could lose the Gundam and stop acting like a soldier was pretty cute and I like the way that Flit is very slowly coming into his own as a pilot and learning through experience. Being able to hit targets without Yurin's help is some huge progress so maybe it was a good idea after all to hold this mock battle.

Wasn't really expecting the UE to show up in the middle of this and it made for some tense moments since neither the Gundam or Genoace Custom had any real weapons. Also kind of liked how Flit took control of the situation by pointing out that while Woolf is the more experienced pilot, he actually has more experience fighting the UE and thus should take point.

Also wasn't expecting a massive carrier with a cloaking field to just show up out of nowhere either. That kind of explains a little more about how the UE are able to move around unnoticed so easily. This shows writer and director are really covering their bases quite admirably and making this a respectable addition to Gundam in terms of consistency so far. Anyway Woolf and Flit make a pretty good team in the end and are able to fend off the carrier albeit with some damage to the Genoace and Grodek seems to have figured out what the deal with the UE is leading us into another interesting cliffhanger moment to end the episode.

Pretty solid, but the animation take yet another dip much to my dismay. It doesn't look horrible, but there's a few shots that aren't quite as on model and this was clearly a bit of a budget saving episode. Still it does it's job in acting as an intermediary between arcs and introducing another pilot. With Woolf that makes three Mobile Suit pilots, but I don't see that being enough if the UE actually decide to go completely all out on the Diva. They've been kind of fortunate so far to have the UE call off their skirmishes pretty easily.

Also who wants to bet Emily ends up slightly traumatized before this part in the timeline is all over?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 17:05   Link #31
monster

Well, I suppose this is the episode where Flit officially becomes the Gundam pilot. Got to get that over with somehow, and they manage to do so quite well with Woolf's character the way he is. It's a shame that Flit had to be so possessive so soon, quite the contrast from the way he acted with Largan. But again, Woolf's attitude might bring up the bad in others. So, all in all, Woolf really is the star of this episode.

Uhm, not quite sure what to think of next week's episode preview. And is it Gafuran or Gafran?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 17:20   Link #32
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Official spelling is Gafran; "Gafuran" is just the pronunciation of the katakana in its name. Same case with the Baqto--it's spelled Baqto, but the katakana in its name spell "Bakuto."
Old 2011-10-30, 17:37   Link #33
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Forgot to mention HALO/HARO computer mode. It is like a transformer, kind of neat, you don't have to carry it around, because it can walk/bounce by itself.
I don't really get why it's ok to transmit data wirelessly via HARO to the AGE system, but not from the actual Gundam itself. This seems like a needless justification to show off the evolution of everyone's favorite Gundam mascot, HARO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well first impression of Woolf was "this idiot slept through the entire first few episodes?" Was doubtful about whether he had any skill going for him. At least he managed to prove that he can actually fight. Though can understand Flit getting frustrated with this guy just wondering around laying claim to everything.
Right. But it's ok for a bunch of civilians and a crew that isn't even the Diva crew to just lay claim to everything.

On that note, it appears the entire crew of the ship has simply accepted that their bridge crew...I don't know...vanished and was replaced without a notice. I wonder how many days Grodek is planning on keeping the previous officers in that locked room, or if the story even cares?

Woolf was in a "healing" sleep. I wonder if that's just dramatization (considering his character, totally possible), or if he's really suffering from a medical condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The Emily situation wasn't too bothersome. Can understand the growing worry that Flit isn't going to be able to move away from this. Instead of just making it and letting it go off into the battle he's going to be going along too and putting his life on the line. Trying to help separate him from the Gundam via the duel ends up putting him in even more danger. Now the question is where is she going to go from here? Continue trying to get him out of this or take a step herself to follow where he is going.
Even though we joke, I think we all know she and Flit are going to have a son together, so I imagine she'll be the civilian voice that is anti-war through this first arc, but always there to show her beautiful face to him when Flit returns from the increasing horrors of war. I doubt she's going to stop being anti-war, since you know...technically Gundam tries to not be one of the simpler one-dimensional let's kick some enemy ass show.

Anyways, those training paintballs being stronger than the Genoace rifles really cracked me up. Shoot UE with Genoace rifle, not even a scratch. Shoot UE with paintball gun, shock them.

And, the DOTS rifle isn't Gundam specific, so I sure hope they boot up that AGE system to pump out more of them.

Hoping Yurin somehow re-enters the picture, but she doesn't look like she'll be a fixture in this cast. So sad. One would think there'd be a little more hooplah over a girl who seems to have precog.

Oh well, I'm not taking this show very seriously, so really, I'm just having fun over how silly it is so far.

Looks like we'll be introduced to a new child prodigy next episode. A seven year old one if the wiki is to be believed.

I'd bet a lot of money that even though this episode ended with Grodek saying he knows what UE is, he won't actually let us all know next week.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 18:09   Link #34
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
wolf is turning into something. He's a stuck up guy most of the time but when push comes to shove he can act all serious and responsible. I like him so far.

Flit also seems to be improving a bit as a pilot. I also liked Emily's screentime in this episode, got decent time showing that she cares for Flit. Strangely, I liked Yurin's appearance in the last episode a lot but Emily is making me forget all about her.

Anyways, good episode, decent fights and Woolf wins the day. And Grodek has figured out what the UE are. Maybe we'll know a bit more by November 15, which is when the UE's designation number was "supposed" to be made known.
Old 2011-10-30, 18:15   Link #35
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Excellent episode. 9/10.

I really like how Flit has some guts unlike the last few gundam leads. I also like the U.C. vibes I'm getting from the show.

I just wish Dique was drawn more........realistically. I'm ok with the char. designs of Flit/Emily (they are 14 after all....), but Dique is just terrible.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 19:14   Link #36
justavisitor

umm, I feel like Grodek is the biggest enemy to Gundam lol, not UE...why on earth would he allow 2 of the best MSes to duel it out in the middle of escaping from UE?? (not to mention that Diva seems to have only 3 MSes...)...they should be on the highest alert until they reach another location...Grodek even allows those 2 MSes to head out somewhere far so when UE crashes the party, Diva is not even in the position to help and can only pray that the "savior" gundam with a training-purpose gun can stay alive....

And once again, UE wastes another opportunity to finish the gundam off...but since we still do not understand the true purpose of UE, i guess it's ok..I just can't understand Grodek lol

so far the series is ok, but it's just that Diva and UE always do something that is a bit weird when I think about it...UE is okay because no one know their true motive, but crews from Diva...XD

P.S hmm..remember last time crews from Diva said something about "gundam is all we have right now"...all of a sudden they have this custom suit...and they don't even know there is a pilot sleeping in the Diva XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 19:17   Link #37
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
umm, I feel like Grodek is the biggest enemy to Gundam lol, not UE...why on earth would he allow 2 of the best MSes to duel it out in the middle of escaping from UE?? (not to mention that Diva seems to have only 3 MSes...)...they should be on the highest alert until they reach another location...Grodek even allow those 2 MSes to head out somewhere far so when UE crashes the party, Diva is not even in the position to help and can only pray that the "savior" gundam with a training-purpose gun can stay alive....

And once again, UE wastes another opportunity to finish the gundam off...but since we still do not understand the true purpose of UE, i guess it's ok..I just can't understand Grodek lol

so far the series is ok, but it's just that Diva and UE always do something that is a bit weird when I think about it...UE is okay because no one know their true motive, but crews from Diva...XD
I assumed they were already far away from the UE from Nora and enroute to the other colony as opposed to just after escaping from Nora.
Old 2011-10-30, 19:24   Link #38
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ok, this episode, by far my favorite. Woolf is such a egotistical narcissistic ass-hat. But he's a awesome ass-hat. The humor, had me laughing at every moment.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 19:26   Link #39
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I assumed they were already far away from the UE from Nora and enroute to the other colony as opposed to just after escaping from Nora.
but in the beginning Flit just started to upload the data to the age system, so I assume it's not too long from the Nora incident...anyway, it's just that imo crews from Diva have been always making weird decisions XD

but that custom suit looks really good in action
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 19:44   Link #40
DV04

Woolf is a cool character so far. I know that a lot of people dislike cocky characters, but I personally enjoy it sometimes. Woolf reminds me of Decartes Shaman because of the face, hair, and cocky attitude (except Decartes wasn't flamboyant about it). And Woolf's ace pilot title of the White Wolf reminds me of the Zeon ace pilot too. Overall, the episode was a great watch.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion