AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-26, 16:34   Link #41
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Main character always gets his/her love in most shounen manga's...

Hope Ayame doesn't end up with Wa-san. It's too common of a scenario and predictable.

Mangaka's should avoid modifying other mangaka's storyline plot pairings.
Old 2009-01-26, 17:08   Link #42
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think it too...but considering that strong male protagonists usally choses the most violent girl...
I think it would be good if she(Ayame) even ends up with Washizu but it could be surprising(and that's why maybe better) if she ends up with the Samurai.
I don't know why but i think the mangaka characterises Ayame as the most beutiful character(in sense that she is the most eye catching for the characters...even compared to Angelina. She almost always shown in attractive poses at least once at every chapter...). Maybe that way and if she realy true to her feelings can get the Samurai(or even get Wa-san to fall for her at the same time...restarting somehow the "rivary" beetween Washiz and Yoichi).
Old 2009-01-26, 17:19   Link #43
Sinta

I think that's unlikely that the Samurai will end up with anyone.
Old 2009-01-26, 17:27   Link #44
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Main character always gets his/her love in most shounen manga's...

Hope Ayame doesn't end up with Wa-san. It's too common of a scenario and predictable.
This and I don't like Wa-san.
Old 2009-01-26, 17:37   Link #45
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I think that's unlikely that the Samurai will end up with anyone.
I think its somewhat likely, because the girls feelings around him starts to grow and someday it's starts to burst out...and a naive/honorbound boy like Yoichi must be straight...that's why i think he ends up with someone...Most likely the parents aim that Yoichi must stay with the sisters must because they tought of marriage...most probably no specific person just one of the sisters(exept the smallest sister, Kagome of course).
Old 2009-01-26, 17:49   Link #46
kujoe
from head to heel

Even if it will be somewhat open-ended, I think there will still be a bias of sorts that will drive home a specific conclusion that will inevitably happen in the future, or show the stance of the story regarding certain matters.

Again, I'll bring up Ranma1/2. At the end of the manga, everyone crashes the wedding of Ranma and Akane, thereby delaying what seems to be the inevitable. The author shows that the story and the hijinks "go on", but at that point there's no doubt what the outcome will be. There's no need for a such a conclusion when the main part has already been dealt with. They have their future, and the rest is just for comedy's sake.

A more open scenario can be found in Kimiaru. Sets of episodes deal with one girl, focusing on her, but the final episodes are reserved for the most pivotal of them all: the main girl. At the end of the series, the protagonist Ren really hasn't yet chosen whom he wants to serve or be with (he's a butler), so it's left seemingly open. He does care for all of them in different ways, but it has also been shown where his feelings lie, not to mention that the last arc has the most dramatic development compared to the rest.

I think Asu no Yoichi has a good chance of turning out to be like either one by the end, if it will go towards the open-ended route.
Old 2009-01-26, 18:09   Link #47
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
This and I don't like Wa-san.
I like his design since he reminds me of Kittan from TTGL, but that is one reason why I also don't like him... XD
Old 2009-01-26, 18:59   Link #48
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Kittan in regards of face and ego is a right...they're realy similar.
And to the open end: I don't mind but there will be surely one girl who has clearly the upper hand...so somehow he ends up with one of the girls that way...
Old 2009-01-26, 19:05   Link #49
GDB

The sad part is, if one of them actually confessed to him (in a real, heartfelt way, with no confusing words that could be taken another way), they'd probably instantly have him.
Old 2009-01-26, 19:25   Link #50
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Yeah i think so too...or we see a Samurai with realy troubled face
Maybe he rejects that because he saying he isn't ready to marry...until he can't complete his misson(completing his martial arts training) he can't be lazy. Or something like that. Perhaps he can say that he'll consider her offer and when the time comes he give a straight answer.

Something like that...i think it's a possible way for the outor to get out of that kind of problems...a "typical samurai" can speak like that.
Old 2009-01-26, 19:33   Link #51
kujoe
from head to heel

The comparison with Ranma seems apt after all. Skimming all the way to volume 8, I noticed that there are a lot of characters now, all pursuing their own interests. Love polygons, new foes to befriend and all that, among other things.

Spoiler for manga raws:
Old 2009-01-26, 20:02   Link #52
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

arg!!! groups need to get scanlating on this again!! lol
Old 2009-01-28, 04:57   Link #53
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I am hoping that the focus on Ayame is not just concidence...Not just a momentary focus to get the feeling like Ayame is on equal footing with Ibuki for Yoichi. I hope at least that mens she have a real chance...
I am one of the few ppl who thinks that Washizu and Ibuki would look good...even better maybe than the Samurai and Ibuki. But it must take at least 30 more chapters at least to even he have a chance with Ibuki(if the next 30 chapters aims that way), then we got the "impossible"(in sense of classic harem-manga). But this is only a mere hope...i don't think the manga's plot would be that original...
Old 2009-01-28, 05:59   Link #54
kujoe
from head to heel

Despite whatever has developed for Ayame, it is only from her end and only about her as a character. Little by little, she is learning to open up, and indeed this could possibly be a start. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

She has risen in significance somewhat, but you don't always feel it. It feels short-lived when the next arc starts up. In other words, the status quo has not changed... not one bit. Washizu is on the same boat as Ayame, and even less focus is given to him.

So far, the manga is just adding up new characters and new situations.
Old 2009-01-28, 06:56   Link #55
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I noticed...and i think it too...just hoping...just seeing how protective she is to the Samurai. If i were in his shoes...i would never chose someone as violent and impulsive as Ibuki(no matter the three sizes and the good personality). Almost all of the people who supports the Ibuki x Yoichi sees it as a Souseke X Kaname relationship(i think it's not exactly like that...)

And the from last(non-omake) chapter scan(19):
Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-28, 07:07   Link #56
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I noticed...and i think it too...just hoping...just seeing how protective she is to the Samurai. If i were in his shoes...i would never chose someone as violent and impulsive as Ibuki(no matter the three sizes and the good personality). Almost all of the people who supports the Ibuki x Yoichi sees it as a Souseke X Kaname relationship(i think it's not exactly like that...)
That's actually not a problem for Yoichi. He actually understands her and admires her strict nature. And you're right, they're not the same as Sousuke and Kaname. They're just being compared to those two with regard to the comedic side. For me, it's a cross between typical Love Hina antics with a touch of FMP.

Chapter 31 is pretty telling for me that nothing is really moving. It's an Angie arc of sorts, but it also shows that Ibuki is still the "closest" to Yoichi because of the way she understands him, something that even Ayame couldn't help but realize.
Old 2009-01-28, 07:20   Link #57
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

That's natural: A Yangire character undersands the guy she loves more than a tsundere...what's your opinion about my finding in the 19th chapter.
Old 2009-01-28, 07:27   Link #58
kujoe
from head to heel

Seems pretty normal to me.

Spoiler for ch 19:

Ibuki isn't really that yandere at all. Maybe, just a bit but she's more of a caring big sister character. The fact is, Ibuki is still the girl to beat when it comes to Yoichi.
Old 2009-01-28, 07:31   Link #59
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I know...he has almost no real enemy...but i mentioned her speed...she was farther than Yoichi and even with that she able to pull that stunt before Yoichi takes out his sword...most likely just some mistake by the mangaka, but you know what i mean.^^
Old 2009-01-28, 07:35   Link #60
kujoe
from head to heel

I wouldn't think too much of it. That's just the way the scene plays out.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, shounen