AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 51 Rating
Perfect 10 13 9.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 9.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 8.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.73%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 17.91%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-01, 21:39   Link #61
Zek
Eyebrows...

I'm a little surprised Maka's mom never showed up, what is she doing that the final battle against the Kishin isn't important enough to make a trip home?
Old 2009-04-02, 13:24   Link #62
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Decent ending but i expected the final showdown to have a little more umph behind it. It felt like after the Kid, Blackstar fight Maka's fight just fizzled. I understand the message they were portraying but still i just was not feeling it. It was nice to see everything worked out in the end.

It was obvious why Maka was a weapon when she was knocked out. Look at her father is and then there is her mother the best Meister EVER its not surprise. But I would love to see her control it and learn how to use that power. After a few years her blackstar and kid would be Deathsycthes and kid would take over for his dad eventually.

I didnt like how the other students just got no more screen time even after they were shown in the ending. I loved watching those 3 fight and that Aphex Twin attack was SICK.

I liked the series it was a fun ride just fizzled out for me in the end.
Old 2009-04-02, 14:51   Link #63
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
i cried....because it was horrible.Through all the series Black Star and Kid had way more courage.
Old 2009-04-02, 15:22   Link #64
Iloxus

Okay, I didn´t like the last 5-10 episodes, but the very last of them were kinda good. This ending didn´t show us an epic battle, but perfectly shows the insanity and how special this anime is. I mean courage, just like madness, is within everybody. It is the total opposite and the only way to encounter madness. The villian neither killed by some special abilities nor bonds between friends forming an ultra special move, but courage to face fear, which is the source of madness. Kishin irritated by her determination, not understanding, not being able to grasp the meaning and also shattered through his own insanity. And in the end, is is not something special....everyone has it. Courage.

Now the whole series wasn´t perfect, but those last episodes did make up for it. An truly epic battle would be awesome and something are not explained, but this is a loveable and touching ending, atleast for me. Oh one more thing. Did you guys checked the OneManga-Rank of Soul Eater? I don´t know which rank it exactly was, but it went from something like over 100 to 15. That means, this series has its fans. Show your respect to it my friends. May the Otaku spirit be with you.
Old 2009-04-02, 16:06   Link #65
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
i cried....because it was horrible.Through all the series Black Star and Kid had way more courage.
Depends on how one defines courage. Black Star simply didn't believe he could be defeated, and Kid had justification for thinking he's stronger than most; he is. Maka, on the other hand, frequently had the odds stacked against her, was afraid, and came through.
Old 2009-04-02, 17:17   Link #66
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have barely said a word since the first few episodes .... but then I didn't think there was much to say or analyze. The series was pretty clear in its execution, had some of the "usual shonen weaknesses" but overall was more more enjoyable than the average action series for me. Loved the animation and color palettes, the "wacky but serious" characterizations.

Extra points for not being "endless" but having a specific complete storyline.

I used the first episode in my conversational Japanese class as part of a presentation of just how much variety there is in anime (also served as a "how much of the conversation can you follow?" -- "Itadakimasu" to Jack the Ripper got quite a laugh)

Yeah, I'll be buying this one if/when it hits R1.
Old 2009-04-02, 22:42   Link #67
Ida Leter

The first half was absolutely awesome. It was breath-taking. It was just planely incredible. Kishin's speach of "you are nothing, you are beneath me, those who are better than you have tried and failed to defeat me"... My heart just leaped as he said that. His voice was awesome, too.
When I saw Maka turn into a weapon... I practically pissed myself. There is one fanfic that I'm reading, and couple of weeks ago the author had similar plot. So, it was a total win for me.

The second half... meh. I jsut wanted to bang my head into the wall. "Wait, seriously?" - was my constant reaction. I mean, what is the point of everything that they were doing so far? I like Maka, I honestly do, but I just wanted her to die at that moment.
The only funny moment in the second half was the part when Crona was describing Maka and said that "The best of Maka is in here". I stared at the screen for a second and then thought - "Sooo... Are pregnant, then? Um... Is there anything you want to tell us?"
Old 2009-04-03, 01:06   Link #68
Evangelion332
Inactive Member

I really enjoyed this series, great action, great animation, good characters, and even greater humor. Adult themes were mixed it to form a perfect medium.

I haven't read the manga yet, but since the story so longer, I will be picking it up =).

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Overall the series was great, just wished there was more credit given out to the rest of the crew besides Maka.
Old 2009-04-03, 05:44   Link #69
sbk

what a TERRIBLE ending to a FANTASTIC show ;_; I wish the fight between Maka and Kishin would be fast paced and awesome, like the fight in the first episode, instead of this cheesy COURAGE rubbish.
Old 2009-04-03, 08:21   Link #70
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Rather weak ending... Love the series but I wish there was more character development. Crona who is technically a side character had the most growth and development.

Is this an anime only ending?
Old 2009-04-03, 14:22   Link #71
Maikeru-
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for how?!?#:
Old 2009-04-03, 14:58   Link #72
lmd_84

@HayashiTakara - Absolutely an anime ending. The manga does things very differently, and doesn't appear close to finishing.
Old 2009-04-03, 16:26   Link #73
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

What was this shit ? Rather good shounen and this... this.... ending ? Absolutely horrible.

4 of 10. Bones, I'm dissapointed in you.

In overall, of course, Soul Eater deserves 8 of 10. But this ending and manga differences spoiled everything.

Last edited by Littm; 2009-04-03 at 16:49.
Old 2009-04-03, 22:09   Link #74
Nosauz

well the ending really didn't resolve much and basically you get stein and mary all rabu rabu which was boring. Seriously the fight could have culminated into more than just a punch, very typical shounenesque ending. The anime only writing reallly suffered and carried none of the charm FMA had.
Old 2009-04-04, 02:55   Link #75
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Not bad, but I was expecting the Kishin to be a little bit more... what's the word? Oh. That's right. SCARY. I don't know what it was, but I kept thinking, "LAME..." whenever I saw Asura. Seriously now, he had a few powerups, yes, but I just didn't find him to be all that threatening given that this guy was supposedly able to overcome the Shinigami. I dunno, maybe my expectations were too high...

The lack of an epilogue also bugged me. I was hoping to see Maka's mom or something, but she never showed up.

Despite my apparent railing on this episode, I still liked it and thoguht it an appropriate enough way to end the series. 8/10
Old 2009-04-04, 20:47   Link #76
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anyone else rooting for Asura there at the end?
Old 2009-04-04, 23:32   Link #77
Edo

Just came in to post that the ending was going great until the talking and the damn punch.

My god, that is just utterly stupid and horrible, and ruined the series for me. I'll have to give the manga a read to see how that ending was done but this ending left a sour taste in my mouth.

Asura went from total evil bad guy into a bumbling comical fool in a span of a few minutes.
Old 2009-04-05, 00:54   Link #78
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Mm though I would've rather have preferred an epic battle, I think this ending was rather ok, since it was more psychological win than a physical battle. I mean, Maka would've had absolutely no chance of winning, and if she had pulled off like a super saiyan mode or something, I would've been very angry. At least this way, her win seemed a little more believable, considering kisshin's nature.
Old 2009-04-05, 01:38   Link #79
Haladflire65
*Artist

I think I wanted something like a war where everyone gets to do something. I mean, it just really pissed me off how all my favourite characters (Stein, Crona, Shinigami, Spirit, Marie) had nothing to do, just watch and make the occasional comment. It really made me want to cry. Sheesh.
Old 2009-04-05, 04:41   Link #80
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't get it. I don't understand the ending, or why did they make it to be so.

It's madness.