AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 18 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 26.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 12.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 24.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.61%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-07, 21:31   Link #21
Dahak86
Classics never age

lol, for a moment there, it looked like Touma was just fighting a HUGE pair of boobs instead of a full-blown woman... => http://sadpanda.us/images/336786-Z4RIKG0.jpg

Lidvia got owned.
and, a certain guy upside-down in a tube is gonna take action personally? cool.

some random GIFs and pics =>
next: trip to italy? ... should I be expecting more italian language abuse?
Old 2011-01-07, 21:33   Link #22
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Seriously, my only major issue with this series in general is a lack of opportunities to see either of those two girls team up with Touma to fight magic users. If this season can deliver in that regard at least once, I'll be satisfied.
Then sorry to bring to bring the bad news but that would never happen. Seeing Touma fight together with Kuroko and Misaka against the magicians.

The author deliberately separate the two worlds with the whole secrecy of the world. Only the people who fight behind the scenes or underground or dark battles would know the magicians.

Knowing the dark side of academy city would make you knew the dark organization INSIDE academy city. But fighting the dark side of the WORLD would make you in contact with the magicians which is outside realms of normal world.
Old 2011-01-07, 21:47   Link #23
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

k saw it subbed and liked it more knowing what they are saying. damn i knew Lidvia was a bit crazy but the show made her scarier. Nice.

ep 14.
Spoiler for YES!:
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 21:50   Link #24
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Just saw the ep, I'll give it a perfect score.

The animation was great, seems like they saved up for this ep, especially the fireworks and the scene with the plane. Also the BGM with the fight and the when Laura was trolling Lidvia was awesome. Really caught the mood well.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 21:58   Link #25
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Then sorry to bring to bring the bad news but that would never happen. Seeing Touma fight together with Kuroko and Misaka against the magicians.

The author deliberately separate the two worlds with the whole secrecy of the world. Only the people who fight behind the scenes or underground or dark battles would know the magicians.

Knowing the dark side of academy city would make you knew the dark organization INSIDE academy city. But fighting the dark side of the WORLD would make you in contact with the magicians which is outside realms of normal world.
That's...pretty disappointing then IMO. I mean one of the catch-lines Touma would keep stating throughout the next ep previews has to do with the crossing of science and magic. So despite how separated these two worlds are at present, I was hoping to interpret the catch-line as somewhat of a foreshadowing of more changes to come in this regard.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-01-07 at 23:32.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 21:58   Link #26
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Dont know if anyone else saw the sub but can any japanese speakers tell me if this is what oriana said to touma

Spoiler for oriana:

well the second half was somethin else but the first part was definitely there.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 22:03   Link #27
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I sure hope the next arc will be better than this one. If it wasn't for the funny aside moments I would have dropped this series because of this arc.

Only good thing I see from the arc itself is how that "sister" with the cross got her just reward. The Anglican Archbishop is one nasty lady.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 22:22   Link #28
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Styl to Touma : Shut up!! you uber noob

noob yet uber sounds like an oxymoron

guess at the end of the day that certain noob end up being the moron

excited to see Ituwa next episode
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 22:25   Link #29
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What do you mean?
Hush, novels man, novels...

... which reminds me about something in a few particular volumes I've been contemplating about, but here's not the place to talk about it.

I feel the end of this arc was nicely done, however when people complain about it so much I don't feel it as good as I initially watched this episode anymore. I guess it would be good for me not to lurk so much...

... Oh yeah, Itsuwa and Co. next week man. Look forward, look forward. >_<

*slaps his cheeks a bit*

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 22:28   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post

I feel the end of this arc was nicely done, however when people complain about it so much I don't feel it as good as I initially watched this episode anymore. I guess it would be good for me not to lurk so much...
You'll get used to it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 22:35   Link #31
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
That's...pretty disappointing then IMO. I mean one of the catch-lines Touma would keep stating throughout the next ep previous has to do with the crossing of science and magic. So despite how separated these two worlds are at present, I was hoping to interpret the catch-line as somewhat of a foreshadowing of more changes to come in this regard.
Oh the boundary line of magic and science will break. It would break loose in the end of season 2 and it will be a blast I promise though that still wouldn't enough to ensure Mikoto and Kuroko to help because

Spoiler:

The war would break loose in season 3 if their would be but which I wish it would had.
Old 2011-01-07, 22:36   Link #32
kitten320

Ok... this arcs ending was one huge dissapointment...
How such a well planned plan could not include fireworks in their research? During festival it is the most common thing to happen! Or couldn't they just wait until fireworks will go down and continue?

Unbeatable Touma and his iron punches are starting to get on my nerves... there was a MASSIVE explosion right before his face and he still was fine?!
Oriana who was introduced as smart and powerful magician went down just like that? Like everyone elde before her? With dumb punch? Like that she is no different from many other villians so far! Seriously... and Touma used to be my fave when series just began...

Also I'm sad that we weren't shown a hospital moment between Touma and Himegami, she barely gets any screen time and animators even dared to cut out one of her happy moments -_-

The only good part was at the airplane...

Now to leave my over all opinion... why is Index always biting? Is she a dog? 0_o
The magical world starts to get boring... for some reason arcs wich include technology are much better (points at sister arc and latest one with Kuroko).
Old 2011-01-07, 22:47   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ok... this arcs ending was one huge dissapointment...
How such a well planned plan could not include fireworks in their research? During festival it is the most common thing to happen! Or couldn't they just wait until fireworks will go down and continue?
Hind sight really does make everything look better doesn't it? It's not unheard off for people to miss out small details.

I suppose she could wait, but the Night Parade would last for another 1 1/2 hours, by then it should be more than enough time to catch her, which they did apparently.

Quote:
Now to leave my over all opinion... why is Index always biting? Is she a dog? 0_o
The magical world starts to get boring... for some reason arcs wich include technology are much better (points at sister arc and latest one with Kuroko).
Because people like to have stuff they can relate to, but funny thing is the previous arc never did include any actual use of technology, so you can probably just chart it down to character favorism.
Old 2011-01-07, 22:58   Link #34
Aki-Furaba
Level 5 ESPer

so many people are disappointed with the daihasei arc. but the final half of index season II will bring anime fans all over the world bow towards its epicness.

Check out my novel project: Musei Ansatsusha! A sci-fi action comedy with a rich universe you will not be disappointed in! Support my project and "like" the facebook page!!! Thanks!
Aki-Furaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 23:06   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki-Furaba View Post
so many people are disappointed with the daihasei arc. but the final half of index season II will bring anime fans all over the world bow towards its epicness.
Last I've checked, some people said the same thing about Daihaiseisai, so it's better to not make too many promises like that.

Too much of an expectation would only lead to disappointments Just take the show as it is.
Old 2011-01-07, 23:15   Link #36
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well next arc migth be a drag, depending on how they make it, but i really think the last one will be this season strong point.
Old 2011-01-07, 23:17   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well next arc migth be a drag, depending on how they make it, but i really think the last one will be this season strong point.
It's three episodes only, no matter what it becomes, you certainly can't call it a drag
Old 2011-01-07, 23:34   Link #38
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Oh the boundary line of magic and science will break. It would break loose in the end of season 2 and it will be a blast I promise though that still wouldn't enough to ensure Mikoto and Kuroko to help because

Spoiler:

The war would break loose in season 3 if their would be but which I wish it would had.
I appreciate the informative replies.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 23:34   Link #39
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hind sight really does make everything look better doesn't it? It's not unheard off for people to miss out small details.

I suppose she could wait, but the Night Parade would last for another 1 1/2 hours, by then it should be more than enough time to catch her, which they did apparently.

Because people like to have stuff they can relate to, but funny thing is the previous arc never did include any actual use of technology, so you can probably just chart it down to character favorism.
I can understand them missing some other details... but missing background information on the most crucial part of their plan and to something so obviouse? That's too much...

Relate to? Are you biting someone on ocasional basis?
It might not have included technology that much but somehow their arcs always happen to be more epic and exciting. And I'm not basing it on favorotism, Accelerator and Misaka are by far not my faves.
Old 2011-01-07, 23:43   Link #40
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Unbeatable Touma and his iron punches are starting to get on my nerves... there was a MASSIVE explosion right before his face and he still was fine?!
Oriana who was introduced as smart and powerful magician went down just like that? Like everyone elde before her? With dumb punch? Like that she is no different from many other villians so far! Seriously... and Touma used to be my fave when series just began...
You must have missed the part where Touma and Stiyl were messing each other up while rushing towards Oriana, so she couldn't read their movements because they were too messy. You must also take into account that she's been running around all day, used a lot of magic, and was punched by Touma before.

Also, read this part:

Spoiler for volume 10 those who hold out a hand:

Quote:
Also I'm sad that we weren't shown a hospital moment between Touma and Himegami, she barely gets any screen time and animators even dared to cut out one of her happy moments -_-
The meeting in the hospital between Touma and Himegami was not shown in the light novels either.

Spoiler for volume 10 those who hold out a hand: