AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-31, 12:20   Link #4501
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gernot's translation from chapter 81st:
Think about it. If I were a youma, there would have been no reason to kill the other one
- And there would be no need to appear in this form in front of everyone
His logic is flawless . Yeah, more food that doesn't have to be shared with others and that doesn't escape from his mouth are no arguments when compared to his reasoning... Seriously, even Raki should know that youma prefer to impersonate humans so that hunting is easier. Another proof Raki isn't the brightest fellow (besides this one from the same chapter). He looked much smarter as a kind than now, Yagi could have spared us dumbing him down this much.

As for the rods, I wouldn't be surprised if they've already been destroyed or at least permanently sealed by Priscilla's arm. BTW, if an arm of Priscilla could stop these rods then maybe whole Priscilla can divide Destroyer from Clare? And maybe this process has already begun? But it's going very slowly since both Clare and Destroyer are trying to prevent that - for different reasons though. Unless "something else" isn't a Destroyer. Maybe for this kind of a discussion 113th chapter thread would be better
Old 2011-03-31, 14:24   Link #4502
evil_kenshin

even so i'd question how yagi will make an excuse to keep raki human as pulling an entire arm out of the spine where priscilla's arm struck would be fatal for a human.
Old 2011-04-20, 19:23   Link #4503
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
even so i'd question how yagi will make an excuse to keep raki human as pulling an entire arm out of the spine where priscilla's arm struck would be fatal for a human.
Well, last chapter confirmed that he is, if he wasn't he would be able to get out himself. I doubt we will get an explanation though. Meh, I'm fine with this development, no need for the author to make excuses.
Old 2011-04-20, 20:04   Link #4504
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traun View Post
Well, last chapter confirmed that he is, if he wasn't he would be able to get out himself. I doubt we will get an explanation though. Meh, I'm fine with this development, no need for the author to make excuses.
How do we know that he himself is unaware of his own strength?....
Old 2011-04-20, 20:37   Link #4505
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
How do we know that he himself is unaware of his own strength?....
Every time a character receives a power up from yoma energy (which would be Raki's case) they feel orgasmic pleasure (Awakening in the best example). And we do see him banging on the iron bars, if he did have substantial strength increase he would have damaged them.

It's also kind of strange, inconstant if I may say so, you would think that a man who can swing two-handed basterswords and slaying yoma without braking a sweat would be able to bend those bars. Hell, power wise he should be a little below Kenshiro.
Old 2011-04-20, 21:22   Link #4506
rafael1932
claymores pimp

How many of you thinks that he is going to rant near that piece of shit...ahhhh...uhhhh... clare and pris and they will come out making peace with each other? . I know this sucks but it is the normal route, I think
Old 2011-04-22, 03:36   Link #4507
evil_kenshin

Quote:
he should be a little below Kenshiro.
who? not sure you can use a character from another series to compare
Old 2011-04-22, 12:00   Link #4508
Nixl

Quote:
who?
Please tell me you are joking

It's a Hokuto no Shinken / Fist of the North Star reference.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-22, 16:03   Link #4509
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
It's also kind of strange, inconstant if I may say so, you would think that a man who can swing two-handed basterswords and slaying yoma without braking a sweat would be able to bend those bars.
How is that inconsistant? He's not superhuman and can't break steel with his bare hands...it would be inconsistant if he COULD bend those bars.

I have no idea who or what that guy was either Kenshin
Old 2011-04-22, 16:13   Link #4510
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Please tell me you are joking

It's a Hokuto no Shinken / Fist of the North Star reference.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
never seen it (or played the games)
Old 2011-04-22, 16:27   Link #4511
Gooral
Banned

@Nixl
I know who Ken is. For those who don't know him - he's basically an anime version of Chuck Norris. Hokuto no Ken is one of the manliest anime ever produced. I recommend trying it out. But you probably don't know it because it's old-school which is a mistake if you ask me. There are tons of anime from the 70's and 80's which are way better than any anime produced after year 2000.
Old 2011-04-22, 16:41   Link #4512
Nixl

Hokuto no Shinken is about a legendary martial artist in a post-apocalyptic wasteland dishing out justice. His techniques involve hitting pressure points and often result in the villain erupting into a bloody mess. Picture Mad Max and Bruce Lee blended into one. A fun read.

Spoiler for My Favorite Finisher in the series:

Gooral knows it!
Old 2011-04-23, 04:07   Link #4513
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
How is that inconsistant? He's not superhuman and can't break steel with his bare hands...it would be inconsistant if he COULD bend those bars.

I have no idea who or what that guy was either Kenshin
Exactly what part of bending steel bars is super human? Anyway, he is taking out yoma in the blink of an eye, he should very well be at the peak of human condition.

Also, shame on you guys for not knowing who Kenshiro is.

Go watch Fist of the North Star, AND after that watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes and read Phoenix (by Osamu Tezuka, they WILL have it in any library with a manga section) to redeem yourself.

If you watch Space Battleship Yamato or Galaxy Express 999 you get bonus points.

You can watch Fist of the North Star here (completely legal, this is not a pirate site or illegal stream), for Phoenix you'll have to go to the library or the store and you're on your own for Yamato and Express 999.

Last edited by Traun; 2011-04-23 at 05:47.
Old 2011-04-23, 07:08   Link #4514
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Right, he's in peak human condition, I can agree there...how does that allow him to break bars? That's only superhuman.

Forget it, you're confusing me I can't tell if you agree or disagree.

At any rate, anything can happen: Raki's case is too unique to rule out anything, so we don't know if he'll get a power up now or later. All we know, is that
he has the cells of the most powerful Awakened coursing through his body right now, so anything could happen.

Ugh, and the power-up is akin to sex, but not entirely the same...don't need more people mixing up the two and using it as more false justification for the whole "males weren't good warriors because they couldn't control their yoki blah blah blah" which all amounts to not making any sense.
Old 2011-04-23, 18:37   Link #4515
evil_kenshin

Quote:
You can watch Fist of the North Star here (completely legal, this is not a pirate site or illegal stream), for Phoenix you'll have to go to the library or the store and you're on your own for Yamato and Express 999.
while I do have a membership on crunchyroll (for fairy tail mainly though I watch bleach & naruto) unfortunatly fist of the north star isn't available for Australians
Old 2011-04-23, 21:04   Link #4516
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
while I do have a membership on crunchyroll (for fairy tail mainly though I watch bleach & naruto) unfortunatly fist of the north star isn't available for Australians
I see that once again the world conspire against Australia, a pity. But don't lose heart my friend, search on, for there are things a man must do...
Old 2011-04-23, 22:01   Link #4517
evil_kenshin

Quote:
I see that once again the world conspire against Australia, a pity. But don't lose heart my friend, search on, for there are things a man must do...
I have bigger fish to fry; I always manage to get around price gorging of australians on steam or other places by importing or buying from other d2d places that do not

if i really wanted to I could get around the thing on crunchyroll by using a vpn
Old 2011-05-02, 05:05   Link #4518
Mighty_frog
Hopeless Jean fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Mighty_frog
I honestly don't want to see Raki becoming superhuman at all. That to me would feel like a cop-out and would be too predictable. The real test of Yagi's writing skills will be to keep a fully human Raki's storyline relevant amidst all the other plot threads which atm dwarf his considerably.

Priscilla has abandoned him and he now knows he was just a means to an end for her. The MiB have apparently extracted all the useful data from him that they needed. Now one of the chibi-twins just slipped him a get out of jail free card and his story is now sorta open to go anywhere from here.

Right now the only concrete thing tying him into the story is his promise to meet up with Clare and after her encounter with Priscilla its now obvious that the promise to Raki is not really a big priority to Clare right now. This mirrors how i feel about the Clare-Raki relationship on a whole, it always seemed very one sided to me. Not in the sense that Clare has no feelings for Raki, but that Raki's feelings for her are way more intense than vice-versa.

Ever since Raki's triumphant return to the series I've actually grown to like his character after being indifferent to him all along. But right now hes been reduced back to the same old Raki except with enough strength to kill weak old regular youma which in the grand scheme of things is really not that great. Pre - 7 year time-skip the "gotta find Clare" storyline was sufficient but the stakes are so much higher now that I really cant help but think there's gotta be more to him. Hopefully Yagi comes up with something good, but doesn't he always?
Old 2011-05-02, 10:34   Link #4519
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_frog View Post
I honestly don't want to see Raki becoming superhuman at all. That to me would feel like a cop-out and would be too predictable. The real test of Yagi's writing skills will be to keep a fully human Raki's storyline relevant amidst all the other plot threads which atm dwarf his considerably.

Priscilla has abandoned him and he now knows he was just a means to an end for her. The MiB have apparently extracted all the useful data from him that they needed. Now one of the chibi-twins just slipped him a get out of jail free card and his story is now sorta open to go anywhere from here.

Right now the only concrete thing tying him into the story is his promise to meet up with Clare and after her encounter with Priscilla its now obvious that the promise to Raki is not really a big priority to Clare right now. This mirrors how i feel about the Clare-Raki relationship on a whole, it always seemed very one sided to me. Not in the sense that Clare has no feelings for Raki, but that Raki's feelings for her are way more intense than vice-versa.

Ever since Raki's triumphant return to the series I've actually grown to like his character after being indifferent to him all along. But right now hes been reduced back to the same old Raki except with enough strength to kill weak old regular youma which in the grand scheme of things is really not that great. Pre - 7 year time-skip the "gotta find Clare" storyline was sufficient but the stakes are so much higher now that I really cant help but think there's gotta be more to him. Hopefully Yagi comes up with something good, but doesn't he always?
That's pretty much everything I've said in my 'Raki rant' fic a few weeks ago. Still, feel bad for him - knowing the most important person to you doesn't care nearly as much about yourself would crush anyone's esteem so I wonder how he'll react.
Old 2011-05-03, 13:33   Link #4520
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
I about halfway agree with you. If Yagi successfully keeps Raki both human and plot relevant, I'll be impressed. However if he chooses to turn him superhuman, I won't hold it against him because I myself have no idea how could Raki make any difference if he stays human. It's a little personal policy of mine to avoid criticizing something if I can't to any better.

Quote:
To me it seemed more underdeveloped then one sided. When you think about it a little it makes sense. They didn't travel together for so long and Clare never told Raki anything about her past.
Closed Thread