AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-25, 08:41   Link #221
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't express how delighted I am my favorite slice of life anime of 2011 is getting a sequel. I never expected it to happen either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Seriously? I'm honestly shocked that it managed to get another one. Were the sales that good and I completely missed it?
It sold decently; around 4~5k per volume. It didn't bomb but it wasn't a hit either.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:49   Link #222
Dop
Mmmm....

The second season is fantastic news!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 08:53   Link #223
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm very glad this is getting a sequel. This was a superb "Healing Anime" show, the best "Healing Anime" of 2011, imo.

It's sales probably turned a decent profit given that I don't think this was a particularly high budget affair (not that it needed to be, of course, it's fine the way it is).
Old 2012-03-25, 10:03   Link #224
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It sold decently; around 4~5k per volume. It didn't bomb but it wasn't a hit either.
I'm still surprised at the announcement. Maybe someone fells that the show has a lot more potential than came out of the first season and is willing to risk a second one. I for one don't mind it at all. I may have been disappointed by the first season but I thoroughly enjoyed the OVA so more Tamayura is something I can only welcome with open arms.
Old 2012-03-25, 22:05   Link #225
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm very glad this is getting a sequel. This was a superb "Healing Anime" show, the best "Healing Anime" of 2011, imo.

It's sales probably turned a decent profit given that I don't think this was a particularly high budget affair (not that it needed to be, of course, it's fine the way it is).
In some ways it was a high budget affair imo ... and that was in the exquisite and beautifully drawn backgrounds of the Seto Inland scenery and the cities - and this applies both to the OVA and the Hitotose season btw afaiac....

Quote:
I'm still surprised at the announcement. Maybe someone fells that the show has a lot more potential than came out of the first season and is willing to risk a second one. I for one don't mind it at all. I may have been disappointed by the first season but I thoroughly enjoyed the OVA so more Tamayura is something I can only welcome with open arms.
I don't mind either of course!

You know though, I am not really "surprised" ... I am delighted, yes, but somewhere inside myself I feel that this is a sort of "sequel project" to the Aria series - and as such I expected that the story would move along very, very slowly as it did in the latter, and that it would stretch over a few seasons. Admittedly this was also a hope, and it still is. If they can give a whole ... erm ... collection of series in the Tamayura "project" that will create as wonderful an effect as it did with Aria I will be one happy puppy!

And at the moment I certainly am! Wan!
Old 2012-03-26, 05:33   Link #226
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I don't mind either of course!

You know though, I am not really "surprised" ... I am delighted, yes, but somewhere inside myself I feel that this is a sort of "sequel project" to the Aria series - and as such I expected that the story would move along very, very slowly as it did in the latter, and that it would stretch over a few seasons. Admittedly this was also a hope, and it still is. If they can give a whole ... erm ... collection of series in the Tamayura "project" that will create as wonderful an effect as it did with Aria I will be one happy puppy!

And at the moment I certainly am! Wan!
I'm a big fan of Aria myself but for a very specific reason I just couldn't get as attached to Tamayura as I did to the former. It took me a while to understand what it was but when it hit me it was clear as day: in Aria the city was very much a major character and we got to know it through the eyes of Akari. On Tamayura the city is just there, it's a simple backdrop to the characters. That would be completely fine however if some of the characters weren't borderline annoying and if the overall drive of the main character hadn't been completely solved during the OVA.
Old 2012-03-26, 12:58   Link #227
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
I'm a big fan of Aria myself but for a very specific reason I just couldn't get as attached to Tamayura as I did to the former. It took me a while to understand what it was but when it hit me it was clear as day: in Aria the city was very much a major character and we got to know it through the eyes of Akari. On Tamayura the city is just there, it's a simple backdrop to the characters. That would be completely fine however if some of the characters weren't borderline annoying and if the overall drive of the main character hadn't been completely solved during the OVA.
I can see where you are coming from I think ... and it is a fair point. But for me the city (or even the planet?) was not as ... hmm ... "important" a character for me I guess. For me it was the characters themselves. So I guess there was no "absence" comparison wise for me when contrasting some aspects of Aria and Tamayura.

Of course, let's be fair. There HAS only been one season of the show thus far (and 4 15 minute OVAs, of course). Perhaps there will be more things that will be revealed. Season One really spent a lot of time world building more than anything else, after all....
Old 2012-03-31, 21:45   Link #228
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not disliking this series... actually I like it much. But yeah, in ARIA the city/planet was a key character for the main character to come to know and love.
The homage series, "Sketchbook ~Full Colors~" is also a 'must see' in my opinion because it does a fair job of capturing the spirit of the feelings evoked...

Ah well, if they make more I'll keep watching. Guess I ought to see if they licensed it for R1...
Old 2012-05-12, 13:26   Link #229
Raghe

Ep. 5'5 images

Spoiler for Pic:
Raghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 15:47   Link #230
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^Looks great. I can't wait to see it <3
Old 2012-05-16, 21:46   Link #231
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghe View Post
Ep. 5'5 images

Spoiler for Pic:
Excellent, excellent, excellent. The next release of the BD volumes is the last and the one the extra ep ships with. Was very excited already, but this is just ... excellent.
Old 2012-05-26, 12:22   Link #232
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hmm ... anyone else out there seen the tv release raw that came out?

I watched it last evening and kinda enjoyed it - although they were a few things that surprised me too.

BTW Raghe ... I like the animated avy.
Old 2012-05-28, 00:00   Link #233
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm ... anyone else out there seen the tv release raw that came out?

I watched it last evening and kinda enjoyed it - although they were a few things that surprised me too.

BTW Raghe ... I like the animated avy.
Haven't seen it.... just waiting for the subs
Old 2012-07-03, 14:53   Link #234
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

5.5 is finally subbed. Very sweet episode by the way.
Old 2012-07-03, 15:45   Link #235
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
From this show? That's hard to believe!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 21:15   Link #236
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Just saw it myself and it truly is a great episode. It was so good in fact that it ranks pretty close to being my favorite of the season even.

Of course that there is a slight issue with it and that's Norie. I just can't stand her character and every time she opens her mouth I cringe a little. On the plus side though there's no Komachi :-)
Old 2012-07-08, 21:35   Link #237
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely watch ep5.5 and every one looked so cute in there yukatas

now the long wait for season 2
Old 2015-08-13, 01:55   Link #238
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Just stumbled across this now long delayed bit of news.

Nozomi Entertainment is going to be releasing a DVD release of season 1 of Tamayura Hitotose, including the special episode 5.5 here in North America.

AND

It also looks like it will include the 4 OVAs that were the beginning of the Tamayura franchise.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...lection/.90254

About time the series was distributed by someone in this part of the world! ^^

Coming in October 2015, it seems.

I guess that makes season 1 and the OVAs officially licensed now.
Old 2015-08-13, 02:34   Link #239
Dextro
He Without a Title

Great news! Now I just hope someone releases them in the UK so I don't have to do the same thing I had to do for Aria (import and bypass the region lock)
Old 2015-08-13, 02:46   Link #240
Dop
Mmmm....

Excellent! Between this and what I've read on the 'Sketchbook' thread that's two must buy shows.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life