AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 61 37.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 26.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 17.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 9.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.85%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-25, 02:00   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Episode 26 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 26.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

ADDITIONAL RULES FOR Higurashi no Naku Koroni
  • Make sure you read the English wikipedia article for Higurashi no Naku Koroni before you ask questions!!!
  • Feel free to utilize the info on the TIPS section as a complement to this series.
  • Feel free to share your theories and speculations. In fact, I encourage you to do so as this is what makes this series interesting.
  • I am designating Sushi-Y and Freakman to lead the discussion in the correct path without spoilers as they have played the game in advance. I put confidence in them that they will recognize a member has spilled the beans too far if any other members has begun to play the game.
  • SPOILERS FAR ADVANCED THAN THE CURRENT AIRED ANIME EPISODE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS INCLUDES THOSE IN SPOILER TAGS!!!. People tend to peek at spoiler tags; especially when they do not know such tag is meant for the episode, only to find it spilling the beans too far advanced in the game storyline.
Old 2006-09-26, 01:41   Link #2
USCPharmacist

I voted cuz Rika told me it would be a good episode. She also told me the lottery number so wish me luck...althought there is a mud slide at the main road, so I have to spend a night at the village...
Old 2006-09-26, 14:08   Link #3
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I hear there's a nice little VW microbus in the junkyard that's generally fairly
dry and quaint although watch out for parasites.
Old 2006-09-26, 14:09   Link #4
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Reading reviews on 2chan, it looks like it failed. Sigh. Oh well, I'd better consider making a thread of Minagoroshi/Matsuribayashi-hen next week.
Old 2006-09-26, 14:27   Link #5
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Reading reviews on 2chan, it looks like it failed. Sigh. Oh well, I'd better consider making a thread of Minagoroshi/Matsuribayashi-hen next week.
えっ、罪が滅べなかった?

I think I'll skip reading the latter half of Watanagashi-hen, since it's pretty much bs >.> and hop over to Tatarigoroshi. Moe Moe Satoko? Yes please.
Old 2006-09-26, 14:31   Link #6
Paracelsus

If they failed, they'd better re-animate the last episode, otherwise I shall go postal on them all

<|>_<|>
Old 2006-09-26, 14:37   Link #7
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Failed?

What do you mean ?
They didn't follow the game on the 26th episode, as they did for 25 episodes?
(I know, there is the details, but the plot of the game was kept I believe)
Or they just did it poorly, like in meakashi?
Old 2006-09-26, 15:36   Link #8
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Oh DEEN... how could you

Is there ANY hint at a continuation or remake? I'm really hoping DEEN's budget was cut drastically because of ratings/violence with young girls or something because this is probably one of the best anime series to come out recently and if it was animated better and stretched longer, this would've been one of the best series ever, at least in my book.

Edit:: The episode really wasn't bad at all. I would really like to know what Rika said in Oishii's car though.

Last edited by Shuin4; 2006-09-26 at 18:50.
Old 2006-09-26, 15:40   Link #9
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
seriously they screwed it up? storywise?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-26, 15:47   Link #10
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Close, but it seems the final plot twist at the end might've finished a bit confusing for some people...I'll probably have to write that for the TIPS for Ep. 26 (It was a TIPS in either case, but I would've hoped they would at least put that in so it would've given the same shock value).

But by the looks of it, they did have Rika's great quote and the dramatic scene at the rooftop. However, I still have this feeling that it wasn't as articulately portrayed in the original game...I shall see tomorrow.
Old 2006-09-26, 17:05   Link #11
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

I watched it without reading any spoilers or TIPS and this episode had some pretty amazing parts.

Rooftop scene seemed kind of rushed and oh god I wish STUDIO DEEN had more money to spend on animation.

Interesting ending though with Rika.

9/10
Old 2006-09-26, 17:15   Link #12
Sinless Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Sinless Idiot
In ways better, in ways worse than I thought it would be.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 17:24   Link #13
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

Episode 26 Screen Captures

At least the battle that I'd hoped to see occurred. ^_^
If only the other arcs could've been animated... But then again, given what Studio DEEN is producing in terms of animation quality, it's probably for the better.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-09-28 at 23:12.
Old 2006-09-26, 17:26   Link #14
MarthX

Quote:
Expectations were too high. I just saw the RAW, I thought it was great.
Old 2006-09-26, 17:32   Link #15
Sinless Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Sinless Idiot
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 17:41   Link #16
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

I also saw the raw; the first part of the episode was handled really well, but the legendary "Heaven or Hell" fight...meh, it was pretty bad. Inappropriate music, Deen's signature "distorted" character designs and pretty choppy animation to boot. To top that, there wasn't enough fighting.

In the last episode, I didn't think Keiichi's dialogue was "cheesy"; it sounded a bit weird since Souichirou Hoshi's expressions of pathos were more inclined toward "exhaustion" rather than emotion. However, stopping a certain timer at the last moment was pretty cliché.

Now, here's a question for all you game players. I can't speak Japanese, but here's what I think the "twist" was as interpreted from the final episode:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2006-09-26 at 17:51.
Old 2006-09-26, 18:24   Link #17
Varisha
zero no dai fan

wait, so does that ending mean that even though Keiichi stopped the clock & stopped Rena, the summer 'reset' anyway? So they all died anyway, or is there another trigger for the reset....? I might just have missed some of the Japanese if they explained this.

At least Rika seems to have figured out that who Ooishi picks to ask about Tomitake & Takano is a trigger for driving people crazy.
Old 2006-09-26, 18:27   Link #18
ayyo

http://www.makenaidesuwayo.com/2006/...ku-koro-ni-26/

Ignore the original script and ignore the somewhat bad animation and it is pretty good.
Old 2006-09-26, 19:14   Link #19
Garet Linegod

Wow... I actually made it. I managed to finish the chapter in the original game before they aired the final episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
Now, here's a question for all you game players. I can't speak Japanese, but here's what I think the "twist" was as interpreted from the final episode:

Spoiler:
I have not seen the final episode yet (particularly since I don't live in Japan), but in the original game:

Spoiler for Regarding the final TIPS:

@ayyo:

About the other TIPS, I couldn't find it even after I finished the chapter. Do you know how I could unlock it?
Old 2006-09-26, 19:23   Link #20
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Linegod
Spoiler for Regarding the final TIPS:
Then what was up with the last scene in the anime?(I know you haven't seen it, this is targeted for any of the game players)
Closed Thread