AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-30, 11:36   Link #9401
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
I don't find Miku endearing either, but I am a fan of Kurumi. I think it kind of boils down to Kurumi never made the impression that she is a bitxh. She's generally nice and playful - except that small flaw of killing people.

Miku on the other hand, behaved badly to, if not outright manipulating, almost everyone. Plus the anime hasn't shown much of how she is post-capture, so when compared to Kurumi, who had numerous cute or sexy moments shown, it's easy for me to be a fan of Kurumi while still feeling unsure about Miku, even when both have flaws in personality.

I guess this is really a reflection of what happens when certain aspects are emphasised in the story/anime - we were shown that Kurumi's victims were in general a$$holes while Miku was being a bitxh to Shidou and manipulating his classmates. Consider what people would feel if the targets were reversed in the case of Kurumi and Miku: Kurumi killing some of his classmates while Miku being a bitxh to the a$$holes Kurumi killed. That would significantly change people's feelings to both.

Plus, although I haven't read the novels, the anime has sort of reveal that Kurumi kills people to harvest time and use that special bullet? I am hoping that Kurumi actually has a justifiable goal and is just sacrificing people to help the bigger majority, kind of like Kiritsugu from Fate/Zero. Even without this however, it's still easier to like Kurumi compared to Miku at this stage in the anime for the reasons stated above.
Having read the novels that's basically the point kurumi wants to use the special bullet to go back and time and kill the first spirit so she's kinda like lelouch in the fact she does evil for the greater good.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 12:02   Link #9402
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolBlade View Post
I thought someone was gonna do that instead of you? nonetheless thx for the hard work riki! and hopefully people will stop asking about vol 7 from you
Riki said he would do vol 7 if no else is doing it by the time vol 10 is done.

So, looks like all the main volumes will be completed by the time vol 11 is released.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 12:39   Link #9403
Death Usagi
Banned

Riki is god of Date A Live
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 13:27   Link #9404
Rogue66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Okay Volume 10 done! Now for Volume 7 Gaaaaahhhh!
Thank you Riki for the translation.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 13:34   Link #9405
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Okay Volume 10 done! Now for Volume 7 Gaaaaahhhh!
Looks like I caught up with this LN just in time for volume 10 to be done. Thanks Riki.
Old 2014-07-30, 14:07   Link #9406
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Here is your mission guys:

*Find a better scan ASAP.

Go!

The best i could find

Old 2014-07-30, 14:46   Link #9407
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Also Kotori Mystery and Mana Mission are out as well.
Aren't they both the summaries that were put on pastebin a while ago?
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 20:46   Link #9408
AP24

In chapter 5: “Okay then-----Let’s begin our war?”

Shouldn't it be "date" instead of "war", or "date" in smaller size on top of "war"?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 21:15   Link #9409
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
I don't find Miku endearing either, but I am a fan of Kurumi. I think it kind of boils down to Kurumi never made the impression that she is a bitxh. She's generally nice and playful - except that small flaw of killing people.

Miku on the other hand, behaved badly to, if not outright manipulating, almost everyone. Plus the anime hasn't shown much of how she is post-capture, so when compared to Kurumi, who had numerous cute or sexy moments shown, it's easy for me to be a fan of Kurumi while still feeling unsure about Miku, even when both have flaws in personality.

I guess this is really a reflection of what happens when certain aspects are emphasised in the story/anime - we were shown that Kurumi's victims were in general a$$holes while Miku was being a bitxh to Shidou and manipulating his classmates. Consider what people would feel if the targets were reversed in the case of Kurumi and Miku: Kurumi killing some of his classmates while Miku being a bitxh to the a$$holes Kurumi killed. That would significantly change people's feelings to both.

Plus, although I haven't read the novels, the anime has sort of reveal that Kurumi kills people to harvest time and use that special bullet? I am hoping that Kurumi actually has a justifiable goal and is just sacrificing people to help the bigger majority, kind of like Kiritsugu from Fate/Zero. Even without this however, it's still easier to like Kurumi compared to Miku at this stage in the anime for the reasons stated above.
I find the lack of forgiveness disturbing... Still using Miku's past actions as an excuse, eh? Her 180 degree change was considered better than expected as she's no longer being a jerk as she used to be, let along her somewhat "childish" (yet lovey-dovey) behavior to love.

Old habits die hard... (but not always)
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 22:25   Link #9410
tuckersister

If it's true that Origami obtains another form at the climax of Vol 11, I would say "told you so". Again, I and other users talked about this subject more than a year ago and it is still curious. I would use the term for the other form "the light of hope that emerges from the ashes of desipair". I believe if one can overcome their despair, some miracle will happen.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 22:55   Link #9411
Miraluka
Banned

^
You mean her obvious Inverse Form?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 03:24   Link #9412
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
^
You mean her obvious Inverse Form?
The third form I'm sure, because I had asked him a while ago.

It seems like that it's a very popular theory at the moment.

EDIT: found the FAQ.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...72#post5123972

Last edited by wm4; 2014-07-31 at 04:02.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 03:41   Link #9413
whitecloud

yeaah....thanks to shidou saving her she will become "enlightened" and proceed to her true form metatron, which i guess is what isaac is aiming for..thus why they try to plunge all the spirit into inverse, in hoping the spirit obtain great power afterwards. and explain the reason why he doesnt just take the sephira crystal from spirit if he need it so much. because it considered "sealed" havent awakened yet to its true strength, and useless to his plan.

P.S : if this is the story that means every single spirit must be inversed and then they must be able to overcome inverse form to recover their true strength and the inverse form is basically a peek of what the spirit true strength + personality dark side, (which have to be defeated)
Old 2014-07-31, 05:18   Link #9414
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
P.S : if this is the story that means every single spirit must be inversed
and then they must be able to overcome inverse form to recover their
true strength ....
Perhaps this is probably not what Rataskr wants at the first place,
they want peace, so the spirits should be neutralized (through sealing),
at some degree both DEM and Rataskr are the same.

If the spirits got ever more power in opposite (and thus became unsealable)
then it's a breach of the organization's codes, making their stances
much different.
Old 2014-07-31, 05:28   Link #9415
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
yeaah....thanks to shidou saving her she will become "enlightened" and proceed to her true form metatron, which i guess is what isaac is aiming for..thus why they try to plunge all the spirit into inverse, in hoping the spirit obtain great power afterwards. and explain the reason why he doesnt just take the sephira crystal from spirit if he need it so much. because it considered "sealed" havent awakened yet to its true strength, and useless to his plan.

P.S : if this is the story that means every single spirit must be inversed and then they must be able to overcome inverse form to recover their true strength and the inverse form is basically a peek of what the spirit true strength + personality dark side, (which have to be defeated)
...Did Tohka become Super Tohka after she turned back normal from her Inverse form? Where the heck did you get this idea.
Old 2014-07-31, 05:31   Link #9416
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
...Did Tohka become Super Tohka after she turned back normal from her Inverse form? Where the heck did you get this idea.
He got the idea from tuckersister, who speculates heavily that there's a third form to the Spirits, which would be the opposite of Inverse
Old 2014-07-31, 06:18   Link #9417
tuckersister

Yeah, it's an idea I thought of ever since "inverse" was introduce in Vol 7. I was just speculating at the time. I never knew it ended becoming a much popular topic (I was actually surprised it lasted very long). Inverse is formed from a spirit's despair, what is formed from a spirit's hope or when a spirit overcomes despair. I think Origami will be the first one to overcome her despair with Shidou's help and others.

I still think Origami will meet another entity connected to spirits other than Phantom and will be of help to her of some sort. I also wonder what her AST friends will think now that she is a spirit.

Looking forward to how Vol 11 turns out.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 06:33   Link #9418
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Yeah, it's an idea I thought of ever since "inverse" was introduce in Vol 7. I was just speculating at the time. I never knew it ended becoming a much popular topic (I was actually surprised it lasted very long). Inverse is formed from a spirit's despair, what is formed from a spirit's hope or when a spirit overcomes despair. I think Origami will be the first one to overcome her despair with Shidou's help and others.

I still think Origami will meet another entity connected to spirits other than Phantom and will be of help to her of some sort. I also wonder what her AST friends will think now that she is a spirit.

Looking forward to how Vol 11 turns out.
Do you know how stupid that sounds?
Old 2014-07-31, 06:42   Link #9419
wm4

Quote:
Do you know how stupid that sounds?
Elaborate.
Old 2014-07-31, 07:32   Link #9420
Riki
ランダム王

A.Let's start with adding an extra "God" into the story without any warning at all. (Origami meeting another Entity)
Let's move to the basics of DAL. Shidou meets spirits, make them go kyuun kyuun, kiss them, Seal, villain talking in the shadows, the end. Basically, Shidou has to the the saving, not some random entity.
If this theory was speculated from the tree then who knows, it might really happen but adding it abruptly into the story without any warning will make it sound like the author ran out of ideas and put "God" in to fix the problem he can't solve. AKA, bad story telling.

B. Super Origami in Vol 11.
I don't know what shonen manga you read to get the idea of "I just conquered despair, i am going to powerful now!" In fact, Tohka did the same thing in Vol 7 and i don't see her shooting laser out of her eyeballs. Fun fact; The term Inverse we use in translation is 反転, basically flipping the coin to the other side. So spirits have two forms, normal and inversed.
The only person i could see going "Super" is Shidou and that's in the 1% probability rate.

C. Isaac waiting to get the "true sephira crystal or whatever"
In the story it seems Isaac might have some sephira crystals in his pocket already(Not confirmed). He has the knowledge that sephira crystals can be taken back out from the Spirits, and how he came to this point is unknown. All we know about this troll is that he loves to play with Ellen, wants the Spirit to inverse, Welcomes the [Devil King](Fetish?), wants sephira crystals(Why? Dunno), and want to achieve his wish. Why he want's to let the Spirit roam around? It's because he wants to use Shidou and inverse them all in one go using him(It's in the novel twice).

Conclusion: Shidou does something in the past, Spirits fighting origami and Ellen, AST most probably will join in the fight, Shidou comes back and fix the problem, Kiss,small plot advancement with Isaac and Ellen, the end. Meaning, MC does it all!!!

Last edited by Riki; 2014-07-31 at 10:11.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy