AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-21, 18:14   Link #4501
Miraluka
Banned

They are doing the the daily affairs but Aleister is pulling the strings behind the scenary.
Old 2010-09-21, 21:36   Link #4502
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Volume 1 Chapter 1, 15%, it's rather long

Volume 13 Epilogue, 78%.
Old 2010-09-22, 03:41   Link #4503
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The main reason of the Vol.15 was to kill Aleister and take his place as the General Superintendant.
and look at how it ended...

seriously, unless Aleister shared his secrets about the book of the law, Aiwass, the artificial angels and such with the board of directors, i just don't see anyone else being able to run the city. Or rather, they could run it, until the roman catholic churc or some other major magic organization decides to crush them....just look at volume 13...
Old 2010-09-22, 06:35   Link #4504
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The main reason of the Vol.15 was to kill Aleister and take his place as the General Superintendant.

IMHO, if Accelerator grows enough as a person even he should be able to replace Aleister and then be able to change the politics of A.C which always are messing with the people he cares.
I swear an Accelerator run city is going to be a charnel house....no way will that be better than Academy as it currently is.

Quote:
seriously, unless Aleister shared his secrets about the book of the law, Aiwass, the artificial angels and such with the board of directors, i just don't see anyone else being able to run the city. Or rather, they could run it, until the roman catholic churc or some other major magic organization decides to crush them....just look at volume 13...
True that.....the only person in power who knows anything about AIM in full detail and capable of standing up to the Magic Side is Aleister.
Old 2010-09-22, 17:27   Link #4505
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Anybody and run the day to day affairs, but how many people can stand up to super powers like the Roman Catholic Church? And I have a feeling most of the advance technology that Academy city now enjoy is thank to Aleister. He may be a bastard, but he takes care of his city.
Old 2010-09-22, 17:28   Link #4506
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Poor Accelerator. In the one day he gets out from the hospital and has a chance of living normally with Last Order, LO gets kidnapped, he's attacked, he's beat up by Kihara, got chased around by Hound Dogs while searching around the city to find LO, got beat up by Kihara even more, almost died, and now at 0% power he has no choice but to agree to work for Gakuen Toshi and pay off an 8 trillion yen debt for damage done to the city which wouldn't have happened if they hadn't attacked him in the first place. Kamachi, how much more are you going to make him suffer?!

The sad thing is that if Index had called for help on the phone and stayed with Accelerator instead of leaving him then there might have been a chance that the power suits wouldn't have approached him at that moment. He would have met Touma again (and then try to kill him again upon seeing him ) who probably would have helped Accel (after hearing everything out) not fall even more into the darkness like he did here.

...well, since GROUP is awesome, I'll forgive the author this time.
Old 2010-09-23, 01:47   Link #4507
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So I've read all this spoilers here in this thread...and I must say, OMG !? The plot are getting better and better ! o.o; Really, this is one of the reasons why I want to see to aru series again. I began to get bored easily with all this..Railgun stuffs that keep spawning for a while And I must say thank you to the one who summarized the story...it gives me some inspiration and..let's just say, the enthusiasm to rewatch all this thing again lol

btw, how's the novel translation going ? It's...still going steady, right ?

Old 2010-09-23, 06:36   Link #4508
tsunade666

teh_ping bro is doing it and it's fast! Monsterly fast!

can I ask a question on name. Is their a possible name that could be use for "a light inside darkness" or light in the middle of darkness" or " the light that illuminates the darkness" like for example the name touma which had a hidden meaning to it.

Light + peace in kanji = to what name? or is it impossible to turn into a name?

toaruverse is really interesting in it's naming sense and it's hidden meanings.

Other question aside for a name which is also another name.

a name which soothes your worries or a name which represents calm as the green fields or a name which means at first look their is no problem but inside is different.... hmm to to explain this it's like what's in the outside isn't the same as the inside. Is their a name fits on it's meaning? I prefer romanji and also can be use for a girl.

I'm using it on a little project of mine.
Old 2010-09-23, 07:41   Link #4509
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

灯和子 -> kanji for light and peace combined to form "Tonako".

光中 闇 -> Mitsunaka Yami; oh wait, it kinda means "darkness in the middle of light"
闇内 光 -> Andai Hikari; "light amidst darkness"
闇照 明 -> Anshou Mei; "light that illuminates the darkness"

緑原 凪 -> Midorihara Nagi; midorihara no nagi means "calm of the green fields"

By the way, the last one is kinda hard because I dunno what is "outside" and what is "inside".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-09-23 at 07:51.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:05   Link #4510
tsunade666

Tonako sounds bad but andai hikari looks good but still needs other suggestions on heroines name.

the second season is looking good and the translation for vol 7-13 is almost complete.

But I'm having a mix feeling of disappointment or happy. I enjoy much season one with no knowledge on the novels but now that I do..... I wonder how would I see the 2nd season.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:24   Link #4511
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

...Are you blaming me for that now?

Ok, joking aside, I should be able to finish up Vol 11 by November.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:41   Link #4512
tsunade666

No and Yes

No because I get to read another chapter

and

Yes because I need to check baka-tsuki everyday to see an update on your translation

GO! TEH_PING! BRO!!!! Awesome translation as always.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:54   Link #4513
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Basically, here's what available on B-T.

Volume 1: Prologue, Chapter 1 (15%), Chapter 4 (3%)
Volume 3: Prologue, Chapter 1
Volume 4: Prologue, Chapter 1 (5%)
Volume 5: Prologue, Chapter 2
Volume 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 completed
Volume 11: Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2 (30%)
Volume 13: Everything except for Epilogue (78%)
SS 1: Prologue and Chapter 1 (35%)
Volume 15: Chapter 5
Volume 17: Prologue, Chapter 1
Volume 19: Prologue
Volume 20: Declaration of War, Chapter 3 (1/10), Chapter 4 (1/7)
Volume 21: War Report.

So at least there's a lot more than what we have before.

Will finish up Part 3 of Chapter 2 later. It's a Kaizo Trap (Or maybe I should call the incident an apple that falls up...).
Old 2010-09-23, 16:08   Link #4514
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
So I've read all this spoilers here in this thread...and I must say, OMG !? The plot are getting better and better ! o.o; Really, this is one of the reasons why I want to see to aru series again. I began to get bored easily with all this..Railgun stuffs that keep spawning for a while And I must say thank you to the one who summarized the story...it gives me some inspiration and..let's just say, the enthusiasm to rewatch all this thing again lol

I remember reading the what little translations baka-tsuki had at the time right after finishing season one (which I loved from the get-go), finding this animesuki Index forum, lurking on this very thread to read spoilers because the plot was so awesome, and thinking to myself "...I NEED TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT!" and that's how I got here.

Railgun is okay for me (except I don't like Misaka). I like the Judgment cases, they're always cool.

The novel translation is still going. Teh_Ping is awesome, as always, and Joay is almost finished with volume 13 (although he/she disappears for some long spans of time sometimes, so I'm not sure when it'll update). Currently, volume 11 is being translated.

Quote:
But I'm having a mix feeling of disappointment or happy. I enjoy much season one with no knowledge on the novels but now that I do..... I wonder how would I see the 2nd season.
True. I will now notice every single detail that deviates from the original and complain now. It's not Teh_Ping's fault though.
Old 2010-09-23, 16:46   Link #4515
Miraluka
Banned

Indeed is the curiosity which make us guilty of this pleasure XD.

I started to watch the series just when streaming was on the episode 9.
Old 2010-09-23, 21:18   Link #4516
tsunade666

Just finished reading the updates on the novels.

Great a double trap door. Who would have think that both doors are trap. Usually in RPG the one is right and the other one is trap. Good thinking touma but logical doesn't apply to them.
Old 2010-09-23, 21:51   Link #4517
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Logic escape Ursula, also is somehow feeting that touma is suprised as logic dictates japanese houses are small and 1 bathroom at most.
Old 2010-09-23, 21:56   Link #4518
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Just finished reading the updates on the novels.

Great a double trap door. Who would have think that both doors are trap. Usually in RPG the one is right and the other one is trap. Good thinking touma but logical doesn't apply to them.
Touma didn't learn the lesson from Hunter X Hunter.
Old 2010-09-23, 22:37   Link #4519
tsunade666

HxH uses a trial of 2 doors but Gon pick the trap door and bang the way into the right door but that doesn't apply on touma's case because both are TRAPS.

I bet even kami-nii would get into trouble with double layer trap.

EDIT:

Question on vol 21.

Does Mikoto ever saw Gabriel or the higher ranking characters fight? she's around corner right? did she saw the fight of hyoka, accelerator vs misha?

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-09-24 at 01:04.
Old 2010-09-24, 03:03   Link #4520
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Did a poll in the Toaru Majutsu no Index Wiki with this question: Which one of them do you like most?
This is the current turnout.
Spoiler for !:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen