Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-18, 17:12   Link #9981
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post

@Nogitsune: We aren't saying our pairing is cannon. We're saying he returned the kiss she initiated and discussing what that means. Okay?
Apparently we are not allowed to do it on the right thread without getting completely irrelevant and smartasses comments about it. :/
Old 2008-11-18, 17:14   Link #9982
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
If it is sooo obvious that friends don't return kisses like Lelouch did with her, then I guess Kallen is just as stupid as me for taking this as proof that the guy didn't like her that way.

But the way I see it...that would make her really stupid.
Sure. Just because she felt something during the kiss, she should have raped Lelouch in the moment, without taking note of his emotionless face.
Everygirl should do this. THIS is intelligent.

She watched him, confused, to have an answer. And Lelouch's answer was his emotionless face (before the hidding eyes whisper Goodbye, Kallen); Kallen isn't some lovesick girl who is going to force herself on the guy she loves, according to an old interview.

Now, the line isn't talking about a "mutual chuu" Funny how you are taking only one translation, though this has been discussed; Actually, On Animesuki, we have Two translators according to say that the word used is too strong to fit to a simple kiss, which is implying something deeper. And we have too a translation in another board which is giving the same answer (taht's where I found this phrase by the way, the guy was confused by the way to line it because it couldn't fit to a simple "Chuu".

I will not try to be amenable about it; This line implies that the mutual thing wasn't only about the kiss. The shared somthing deeper, and it doesn't seems it was only their tongue.

So please, take a look on translation before to jump to the one which is fitting you more.

Old 2008-11-18, 17:17   Link #9983
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Sure. Just because she felt something during the kiss, she should have raped Lelouch in the moment, without taking note of his emotionless face.
Everygirl should do this. THIS is intelligent.

She watched him, confused, to have an answer. And Lelouch's answer was his emotionless face (before the hidding eyes whisper Goodbye, Kallen); Kallen isn't some lovesick girl who is going to force herself on the guy she loves, according to an old interview.

Now, the line isn't talking about a "mutual chuu" Funny how you are taking only one translation, though this has been discussed; Actually, On Animesuki, we have Two translators according to say that the word used is too strong to fit to a simple kiss, which is implying something deeper. And we have too a translation in another board which is giving the same answer (taht's where I found this phrase by the way, the guy was confused by the way to line it because it couldn't fit to a simple "Chuu".

I will not try to be amenable about it; This line implies that the mutual thing wasn't only about the kiss. The shared somthing deeper, and it doesn't seems it was only their tongue.

So please, take a look on translation before to jump to the one which is fitting you more.
I am proud of you mate, i honestly am.

Oh and Kallen is a lovesick girl, but that is where the sentence stops. Kallen is a lovesick girl. XD
Old 2008-11-18, 17:20   Link #9984
Eliarine

Quote:
So you responded with the exact same thing, another attempt to change the subject to Kallen's thoughts on the matter.

I'm not talking about Kallen's thoughts. Kallen's thoughts in this are completely irrelevant. I'm talking about your thoughts about Lelouch's actions.
And I'm telling you I'm having a hard time taking this NT booklet as canon especially because Lelouch returning the kiss in such an obvious manner and Kallen looking the way she does after that makes no sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Kordek View Post
but leaving my inane comments aside, Eliarine, it's quite possible that during the kiss she felt as though he was returning it, but then upon seeing his face, assumed he had been doing that just to be a jerk.
Yup, that's possible, but from what I remember from said scene I think Kallen's reaction doesn't really fit. If his feelings during the kiss had been that obvious, she would have looked a lot more surprised/hopeful; and upon realizing he was just toying with her, according to her character, I would have expected a stronger reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Kordek View Post
However, it is also possible that he returned the kiss more out of a way to say goodbye to her then because he was in lurrrve. And just because he did or did not return the kiss does not mean he showed his true emotions while doing so.
*nods*
Old 2008-11-18, 17:25   Link #9985
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Quote:
And I'm telling you I'm having a hard time taking this NT booklet as canon especially because Lelouch returning the kiss in such an obvious manner and Kallen looking the way she does after that makes no sense to me.
I understand it being a fact makes no sense to you. It doesn't fit with your original image of Lelouch's opinion of Kallen. But, see, thats why people's image of stuff can change. Just like if Taniguchi came out and said "Lelouch was the cart driver and CC and him married with a band-aid as a ring!" it would make no sense to me. I'd be angry, annoyed, but I'd change my image of the relationship of Lelouch and CC in the long run.

But, see, you're saying that your original image didn't change. And all I'd like to know, is how this fits into your image.
Old 2008-11-18, 17:28   Link #9986
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
I understand it being a fact makes no sense to you. It doesn't fit with your original image of Lelouch's opinion of Kallen. But, see, thats why people's image of stuff can change. Just like if Taniguchi came out and said "Lelouch was the cart driver and CC and him married with a band-aid as a ring!" it would make no sense to me. I'd be angry, annoyed, but I'd change my image of the relationship of Lelouch and CC in the long run.
And I'd stop taking him seriously.
I mean, Lelouch being immortal would be nice and all, but the "married" part would totally ruin it. xD
Not to mention that this revelation wouldn't even contradict anything we actually saw.
We saw Lelouch dying, yes, but not that he didn't "get up" again.

But I didn't see Kallen looking like he returned the kiss, and that's it.
Old 2008-11-18, 17:30   Link #9987
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
I am proud of you mate, i honestly am.

Oh and Kallen is a lovesick girl, but that is where the sentence stops. Kallen is a lovesick girl. XD

I agree. But a Badass lovesick girl
You can't be as proud as I am of you. You are FABULOUS

Old 2008-11-18, 17:31   Link #9988
Eliarine

Quote:

But, see, you're saying that your original image didn't change. And all I'd like to know, is how this fits into your image.
My original image could start changing if something a bit more official than a line from a magazine booklet was released. So far, all we've got is a "mutual chuu" (sic translators) from Newtype and sorry, but the way I see it that does not translate as "KALULU IS CANON REJOICE".

That said, I'm out of this thread. Again. For now at least.
Old 2008-11-18, 17:36   Link #9989
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
I agree. But a Badass lovesick girl
You can't be as proud as I am of you. You are FABULOUS
Good point. {i am such a modest person or what? "^^}

And yep, Kallen is a badass and that is why it is interesting to see those characters falling in love and being vulnerable as opposed to their usual "image".
Old 2008-11-18, 17:37   Link #9990
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
My original image could start changing if something a bit more official than a line from a magazine booklet was released. So far, all we've got is a "mutual chuu" (sic translators) from Newtype and sorry, but the way I see it that does not translate as "KALULU IS CANON REJOICE".

That said, I'm out of this thread. Again. For now at least.
it says very clearly "KALLEN IS MORE THEN A FRIEND TO LELOUCH, REJOICE"
which is the main anti-kalulu claim for a while now
Old 2008-11-18, 17:37   Link #9991
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Sigh...

I'm not asking you to say that kalulu is canon at all. I'm asking you to back up your opinion with something, anything at all. Heck, you could just use Jaime Kordek's possible reasonings. But you aren't backing it up at all.

And anyways, you already said your disagreement was not whether or not the material was canon, but the interpretation of the results of the material. Going back on that is a contradiction of your previous post.

@Nogitsune: Well thats understandable, but it's not our story. If that's what the writers say happened, then that's what happened. It's a piece of fiction after all. You don't have to like it if you don't want to. Its perfectly fine to just say you don't think that's how it should've been done.
Old 2008-11-18, 17:49   Link #9992
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Good point. {i am such a modest person or what? "^^}

And yep, Kallen is a badass and that is why it is interesting to see those characters falling in love and being vulnerable as opposed to their usual "image".
TOTALLY. That's what is awesome about them; To see this devellopment between this kind of tsundere and between this guy which are both totally ignorant about what is love; The guy needed Shirley's "Koi wa powaaa" to give a name to his feelings to Nunnally and Kallen, while an attractive young woman, never even had her first kiss and needed to wait a looong time before to realize she was in love.

They spent too much time in their complicate stories and in this war to have time to such enjoyable things (Koi wa powa ), and finally, we can see them discovering this kind of feelings through the serie.

I mean, to see Lelouch goint totally OOC because she has been captured (and Kallen's pouting while seeing him with another girl, to see her surprised and totally joyful to hear him to promise to come at her rescue...), to see Kallen's lips quivering while he is trying to kiss her, to see their conversation in a suggestive position, not even bothering to move from the other, before getting surprised by CC (I love how they were all quiet, talking in THIS position, and get all "Since where were you here !?" When they see someone else in the place So as long noone could see them, it didn't bothered them humm ? )

This and the rest...I feel the need to write a wall about them now, I'm too much into it...
Wita, I want your post !

Old 2008-11-18, 17:56   Link #9993
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
TOTALLY. That's what is awesome about them; To see this devellopment between this kind of tsundere and between this guy which are both totally ignorant about what is lov yadda yadda KALULU POINTS THAT THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS.
Small manifesto i am seeing here. XD
Old 2008-11-18, 18:01   Link #9994
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Small manifesto i am seeing here. XD
ROFL xD

A manifesto needs a wall of text to explain why and what and when We should have done like Blotty said and do this xD

But I'm going to do mine >_> I'm in the mood (and seen your mood you should do the same. It would be awesome...aww my bad...that's what you are doing since yesterday xD)

Old 2008-11-18, 18:02   Link #9995
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

no manifesto
its too early to declare the formation of the united states of kalulu
wait for more stuff
Old 2008-11-18, 18:05   Link #9996
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
ROFL xD

A manifesto needs a wall of text to explain why and what and when We should have done like Blotty said and do this xD

But I'm going to do mine >_> I'm in the mood (and seen your mood you should do the same. It would be awesome...aww my bad...that's what you are doing since yesterday xD)
Now that i think about it, Kalulu is too epic for manifesto. Kalulu is a manifesto on its own, a living legacy of romance. XD

But srsly, that topping scene is epic, one of the best CG ones.
Old 2008-11-18, 18:21   Link #9997
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
no manifesto
its too early to declare the formation of the united states of kalulu
wait for more stuff
Meeeh we have everything <3 And I love the sound of it, The United States of Kalulu \o/

Skyless : This scene was just great; The most sexy scene I saw in an anime lately , seriously, the way they talk to each other in this position, Lelouch's words and their reaction to CC ...

I only wish it could have last a longer time. :'o

That's not wrong...to write a manifesto we would need to summarize litterally all the serie ...and the after stuff...
Let's simply giving some link to R2

Old 2008-11-18, 18:24   Link #9998
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Meeeh we have everything <3 And I love the sound of it, The United States of Kalulu \o/

Skyless : This scene was just great; The most sexy scene I saw in an anime lately , seriously, the way they talk to each other in this position, Lelouch's words and their reaction to CC ...

I only wish it could have last a longer time. :'o

That's not wrong...to write a manifesto we would need to summarize litterally all the serie ...and the after stuff...
Let's simply giving some link to R2
We could just link them to our sig, those Kalulu moments alone are more than enough. XD
Old 2008-11-18, 18:24   Link #9999
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

dont count your chickens just yet
all im saying is that the race is not over yet (its techniclly over for over a month, but the judges are still out on the result)

P.S
the big scenes are not the ones you should be focusing on
its the small stuff
i'll write some stuff tomorrow
Old 2008-11-18, 18:35   Link #10000
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Apparently we are not allowed to do it on the right thread without getting completely irrelevant and smartasses comments about it. :/
oh c'mon sky, you can pull off something better than this =P are you tired?
The kiss was confirmed mutual by the staff, ok, perfect.
Is not something that has been greatly performed in the series - by the animation team/writers and everything I mean, because a lot of us has had the impression it has been a very sad kiss for Karen watching the series and I don't think that not being higly focused on the KaLulu romance makes you a less intelligent viewer - but it's far from being completely WTF-shit like, say, if the animation team said 'by the end of the series, Suzaku was madly in love with Nina'! So, fine this way.

You and other fans of the pairing are happy, someone else might be angry, some other can't give a fuck or being skepticall, but coming to this point now the discussion is becoming redundant. Let's wait for more instead of going all 'aaaw this not makes sense' or ' ooh that's illogical' or 'they hate us so they refuse to see'!

I do really appreciate your opinion that Lelouch loved both Shirley and Karen but never come to fully understand his feelings or had time to make projects about it, if you still think it was like that.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance