AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-21, 18:55   Link #201
lightbringer
M9000

The animation is not as bad as you guys make it out to be. The whole Mustafa thing is annoying and the main Raginei-plot is pretty boring for me, but otherwise it's a rather decent show.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 22:26   Link #202
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
I was a bit bothered by some of her actions during the first arc, but over all my opinion of her is quite positive. Especially later in the series. As of current, I'm up to episode 18. Yeah, I decided that now would be a good time to catch up. In some ways, the first arc actually feels a bit out of place now.
To me, the first arc now feels like an introduction to the characters. We got to see how bold and innocent Kajika was in going to Eugene's place, and what she did for him. She is similar to him in that they both are (or were) a bit like wild animals.

I think it's fairly significant that they changed directors at episode 24, which is an important episode for starting the final third or so -- maybe the "final arc" -- of the show. Kon Chiaki left, and is now about to bring us the final series of Nodame Cantabile. The person who took over is Kamegaki Hajime, who did Fushigi Yuugi in the mid-90s, and has done two Naruto Shippuuden movies and Lupin III vs. Detective Conan. I'm not sure about the rest of the staff, but there is a slight difference to the look, it seems to me. The OP and ED songs remain the same, but the animations have been changed, although not completely. Ikeda Mamiko remains the lead writer.

The animation here can slip off-model. I think there's quite a bit of outsourcing going on. But in general it pleases me. The budget is clearly not very big. There are plenty of still figures when someone else is talking. But it works for me.

I loved episode 34.
Spoiler for ep34:
Episode 34 aired on Sunday, but episode 35 won't appear until 17 January. meanwhile, there will be "world of" specials on 27 December and 10 January.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 07:58   Link #203
Chie_Lamperouge
Ningen nanka kyomi nai~

Send a message via Yahoo to Chie_Lamperouge
kyaa~~n epi 34~~
Spoiler for hana-sei:

agree with kaoru-san, everyone revealed their true color in this episode,,

Spoiler for carl:
Chie_Lamperouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 21:57   Link #204
Luthien

Why is this thread in the older series section? The anime hasn't even finished yet!!! (it finishes at episode 39 apparently)

Anyway episode 34 was really good! Now I'm craving for episode 35!
Luthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 20:04   Link #205
rio

I also think so
Hope it would move to the current series section.
How should we do?
Old 2010-01-09, 16:19   Link #206
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Why is this thread in the older series section? The anime hasn't even finished yet!!! (it finishes at episode 39 apparently)
From the Anime Discussion forum reorganization announcement
Quote:
If you think a series discussion thread is in the wrong forum then you may make use of the Report button to inform us of the mistake
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 19:47   Link #207
rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Thank you it seems you've moved this thread to Current Series section .
I've asked GHDpro yesterday, but it seems a bit earlier that you've done than he'd be online and let this thread move

Thank you both of you, xris, and GHDpro
Old 2010-01-17, 16:16   Link #208
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It's back! I really enjoyed episode 35. Perfect evolution of events and people. I'm not sure what they can do with four more episodes, but I know it will be fun.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-02-14, 15:19   Link #209
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've just watched the final episode, ep39, and I have to say this was a very good series with a good ending. Kajika is one of my all-time favorite characters now, I think. Bold, smart, innocent, romantic. And I thought the four main guys were all done well. If I told you who I liked best, it would be giving things away, lol.

The voice-acting seemed excellent throughout, to me. Of course, I always love Koyasu Takehito, so Quinza was a highlight. But Endou Aya gave one of the best female seiyuu performances of 2009 as Kajika. And Morikawa Toshiyuki, Ono Daisuke, Namikawa Daisuke, and Fukuyama Jun all did good jobs.

The series had some faults. The drawing was inconsistent. And in this ep, there was a looong scene of the final couple rushing toward each other surrounded by sparklies that was a bit much. As for the story, there were some down episodes earlier on, but it really picked up steam. In general, however, I think Ikeda Mamiko did a good job with the adaptation, and both directors did well -- although I preferred the work of Kamegaki Hajime, from ep24 on.

There are some interesting comments on 2channel. One poster says they thought Quinza was the real hero. I won't go into detail, but that's not as unreasonable a thought as it sounds.

Another poster said that this show hearkens back to an older type of shoujo anime, and they think newer style shows like Host Club, Kimi ni Todoke, and Skip Beat are better done. Maybe because I'm following the manga for both Skip Beat and Kimi ni Todoke, I've been rather disappointed with both anime. And this show seems to me a cut above shows like the Angelique shows and Hakushaku to Yousei. I even liked it more than Corda D'Oro, which I enjoyed. But certainly, this seems more old-fashioned than some recent shoujo shows.

I agree completely with another 2channel poster: now that it's over, I feel a bit bereft.
Old 2010-02-14, 23:45   Link #210
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've just watched the final episode, ep39, and I have to say this was a very good series with a good ending. Kajika is one of my all-time favorite characters now, I think. Bold, smart, innocent, romantic. And I thought the four main guys were all done well. If I told you who I liked best, it would be giving things away, lol.

The voice-acting seemed excellent throughout, to me. Of course, I always love Koyasu Takehito, so Quinza was a highlight. But Endou Aya gave one of the best female seiyuu performances of 2009 as Kajika. And Morikawa Toshiyuki, Ono Daisuke, Namikawa Daisuke, and Fukuyama Jun all did good jobs.

The series had some faults. The drawing was inconsistent. And in this ep, there was a looong scene of the final couple rushing toward each other surrounded by sparklies that was a bit much. As for the story, there were some down episodes earlier on, but it really picked up steam. In general, however, I think Ikeda Mamiko did a good job with the adaptation, and both directors did well -- although I preferred the work of Kamegaki Hajime, from ep24 on.

There are some interesting comments on 2channel. One poster says they thought Quinza was the real hero. I won't go into detail, but that's not as unreasonable a thought as it sounds.

Another poster said that this show hearkens back to an older type of shoujo anime, and they think newer style shows like Host Club, Kimi ni Todoke, and Skip Beat are better done. Maybe because I'm following the manga for both Skip Beat and Kimi ni Todoke, I've been rather disappointed with both anime. And this show seems to me a cut above shows like the Angelique shows and Hakushaku to Yousei. I even liked it more than Corda D'Oro, which I enjoyed. But certainly, this seems more old-fashioned than some recent shoujo shows.

I agree completely with another 2channel poster: now that it's over, I feel a bit bereft.

I want to ask, for the ending, did they use the recently released anthology that features what happen to the major characters after the main story. I really hope they did, because i couldn't find the magazine
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 17:32   Link #211
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Hanasakeru Seishounen is an older type of shoujo. The Manga starts in the 80s and end in the early 90s. Back in the days shoujo tend to be more serious and epic (think Rose of Versailles/basara) while newer type of shoujo are much lighter. I guess this older type of shoujo feels like a fresh breeze when so many new style had been around for the last couple years.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 22:17   Link #212
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I like this one a lot and it's also the only series I finished watching for a while. (I no longer watch anime like before and recently I found myself following this one anime every week. I bailed out on Kimi something something because it was getting too draggy and repetitive.)

Hanasakeru has some very appealing characters. I even felt sad that Quinza came to his end. Li Ren and Kajika look hot together. I think the ending was really good and I wouldn't mind more scenes of Li Ren and Kajika all rabu rabu. (I know they kind of dragged stuff out a bit because the manga didn't have those scenes but the longer the merrier. )

Anyways, I like this kind of shoujo. Who knows when I'll find another one I like.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 15:08   Link #213
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

I've fallen in love with this anime.

I like the different kinds of "love" that are portrayed, and how they are all shown to be important. My biggest fear in the beginning was that friendhip would become less and less important as the anime progressed, but pretty much the opposite happened, and I soon stopped being paranoid about it. The reincarnation thing threw me off a bit for two episodes or so, but in retrospect, it was a very nice touch. Master and pet~

The shoujo- and shounen-ai elements here and there also made me happy, and they make me wonder... *glances at Carl*

I totally saw the final outcome coming, but I suppose the details need a spoiler warning. Let's see...

Spoiler:

I'm actually not very big on romance, but I didn't only squeal for the friendship moments while watching Hanasakeru Seishounen. Not at all.

Last edited by Nogitsune; 2010-04-21 at 15:27.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shoujo