AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 198 45.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 20.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 70 16.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 7.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 1.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-17, 04:38   Link #121
jtrog

I dont think Shirou had the mana possibility to cast UBW. Notice how long it takes Archer to finally project them. Not to mention Archer has still got to say his 'prayer/chant' to get UBW to activate. Shirou has a long way to go before that can be.

I voted a 10. Saber was the most beautiful she has been in any show prior, nice detail to say the least when 'Avalon effect' was moving about her face and hair.

Also voted that high cause I don't watch crap.. LOL WTG type-moon.

Really, with Shirou and Sabers Determination and self value, I expected none the less than what I got. If Saber had partaken of the grail she would have been polluted and very very evil like a worthless soul.

In anycase theres only 1 other series that has this much attraction for me. Off to wait to see what happens to Say....
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 04:42   Link #122
holybell84

Had voted a 10 as well. Really really beautifully animated melancholy............ Had a lump in my throat after watching this episode.
holybell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 05:37   Link #123
DwArD
mAnIaC

Same here. Gonna give the final episode a 10. Sigh.....I won't be forgetting about Fate/Stay Night for some time. The ending is so touching and beautiful that it sort of reminds me of Shingetsutan Tsukihime. In fact, I find the ending very similar to Tsukihime. Both female characters went back to where they belong, leaving the male characters to continue on with their lives, and thinking about the woman they loved.....the final moment where Saber talks about her dream....though its touching, I still don't really like the idea of it. Putting her experience with Shirou as a dream is sort of saddening in a sense. But hey, at least she is now able to continue dreaming of the times she spent together with Shirou. And assuming she still becomes a heroic spirit, she will meet Shirou one day if you guys know what I mean

Now...for something out of topic....can someone please kindly tell me which anime is going to replace Fate/Stay Night? I need to look for something to replace Fate/Stay Night now.
Old 2006-06-17, 05:44   Link #124
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

I can't wait to watch this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
This is the last Grail War, there will be no more such Wars in the future.
There could (and would) be other Grail Wars somewhere else, what was destroyed was just the Fuyuki Holy Grail, right?

You can ruin a ritual, but you can't destroy magic...
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 05:45   Link #125
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

I was thinking of Utawarerumono.

I've already DL'ed every subbed episodes from Yesy and I'm willing to start very soon.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 05:55   Link #126
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeayeah
I can't wait to watch this!

There could (and would) be other Grail Wars somewhere else, what was destroyed was just the Fuyuki Holy Grail, right?

You can ruin a ritual, but you can't destroy magic...
Pretty much.

The Grail War involving Servants are gone, but Grail Wars still continue.
Old 2006-06-17, 06:21   Link #127
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
expect massive 10 and 9 in this thread .. the ending is much more better than other anime that end recently such as Mai Otome, etc.. quite nice to see Saber de-active her armor to concentrate 100% mana to delivery the final blow...she looks soo cute that way

I guess Fate crew and TYPE-MOON recieved an earful of complaints from Tsukihime's fan about screwing up and how much different is the anime vs the game so this time they follow the game plot quite faithfully . I'll definitely buy it once the DVD is released and hopefully Fate and type-moon crew get a nice profit hopefully we will have Fate/hollow next year or so

Now patiently wait for the OST T_T..definitely fate/stay night will be very memorable for me and i'll miss this anime alot T_T...what should I watch now :cry:. After fate/stay night maybe I should follow the board trend and go watch Hauhi (board trend = gundam seed -> shuffle ->mai otome -> Fate/stay night -> haruhi I guess , resistance to Haruhi-ism is futile after all.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 06:37   Link #128
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
Now patiently wait for the OST T_T..definitely fate/stay night will be very memorable for me and i'll miss this anime alot T_T...what should I watch now :cry:. After fate/stay night maybe I should follow the board trend and go watch Hauhi (board trend = gundam seed -> shuffle ->mai otome -> Fate/stay night -> haruhi I guess , resistance to Haruhi-ism is futile after all.
I still resist. And intend to so long as I have something else to watch... or not.
Old 2006-06-17, 07:13   Link #129
DwArD
mAnIaC

The grail war will definitely continue. Didn't Kotomine mentioned something about the ritual for summoning the holy grail? That means any magician cannot summon the grail as long as they know the secret to summoning it. The war will never end as long as someone still crave for the grail's power. That's one of the reason why I said we should believe that Saber will get to see Shirou one day again. Just think of an infinite loop. Saber dies....she became a heroic spirit...then appear again later in the future as Shirou's servent....Some of you can argue about that possibility but there's more than one way for Saber to see Shirou again you know. For example, she may end up fighting against Shirou in another grail war (you know what I mean).
Old 2006-06-17, 07:23   Link #130
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
.the final moment where Saber talks about her dream....though its touching, I still don't really like the idea of it. Putting her experience with Shirou as a dream is sort of saddening in a sense. But hey, at least she is now able to continue dreaming of the times she spent together with Shirou. And assuming she still becomes a heroic spirit, she will meet Shirou one day if you guys know what I mean

Now...for something out of topic....can someone please kindly tell me which anime is going to replace Fate/Stay Night? I need to look for something to replace Fate/Stay Night now.
I agree like I said before she just remembers it as a dream which is why it's so sad
I think the anime that will replace Fate was announced in the topic here but I'm not sure lol
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 07:28   Link #131
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
The grail war will definitely continue. Didn't Kotomine mentioned something about the ritual for summoning the holy grail? That means any magician cannot summon the grail as long as they know the secret to summoning it. The war will never end as long as someone still crave for the grail's power. That's one of the reason why I said we should believe that Saber will get to see Shirou one day again. Just think of an infinite loop. Saber dies....she became a heroic spirit...then appear again later in the future as Shirou's servent....Some of you can argue about that possibility but there's more than one way for Saber to see Shirou again you know. For example, she may end up fighting against Shirou in another grail war (you know what I mean).
It may be true but we will have to wait and see and Saber coming back I'm doubtful even though I wish for it but not in the situation you mentioned Shirou vs Saber
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 07:35   Link #132
Tabris

Is it me, or does everyone just like better in F/SN with their hair down?

I don't know why, but the more I think of it. The fate ending really is a nice ending, despite my preference to something more like UBW or F/HA. Speaking of which, a F/HA OAV would be sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
Rating of 1. Already stated my reasons in earlier episode posts. Last 10 episodes were a complete waste of time for me. *goes back to watching Tsubasa Chroncles*
O__O;; Tsubasa second series?! I didn't even notice it was out.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 07:37   Link #133
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
The Greater Grail was destroyed, which means the end of the Servant system and summonings.

Unless some people like the trio Einzbern/Tohsaka/Makuri recreate it from scratch which I really doubt.

Quote:
I agree like I said before she just remembers it as a dream which is why it's so sad
I think the anime that will replace Fate was announced in the topic here but I'm not sure lol
It's not that she remembers it only as a dream. She's actually trying to reach this dream again when she closes her eyes for good, which leaves a possibility for them to meet again since dream is all about Shirou.
Old 2006-06-17, 07:43   Link #134
Senigata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
Is it me, or does everyone just like better in F/SN with their hair down?

I don't know why, but the more I think of it. The fate ending really is a nice ending, despite my preference to something more like UBW or F/HA. Speaking of which, a F/HA OAV would be sublime
For Fate/Hollow Ataraxia they would have to do Heaven's Feel first since F/HA is based on that storyline

Ah well That's why I write stories only about the game, there you can choose the storyline you like most ;D
Old 2006-06-17, 07:46   Link #135
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What is this - a talk about episode 24, or what anime to watch instead?

Anyway, i've got comments on the final episode - but i shall wait untill i've rewatched it a few more times today before i say anything. ^^
Old 2006-06-17, 07:58   Link #136
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
goddammit its so hard to resist watching the raw...i need the sub to fully appreciate the ending first time over...grrr...temptation is a really bad thing

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 08:29   Link #137
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

This is the LAST and FINAL Grail War where Servants are used. Granted, the Grail Wars go on, but these wars involve no Servants at all.

The only reason for Heroic Servants to intervene in a Grail War, now, would be to act as Counter Guardians - which is totally opposite the purpose of what Servants have.
Old 2006-06-17, 08:30   Link #138
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The Grail War.. CHESS VERSION!

Now thats what i'm talking about.
Old 2006-06-17, 08:30   Link #139
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

"The best way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. Resist it and your soul grows sick with longing for the thing it has forbidden to itself."

Oscar Wilde
Old 2006-06-17, 09:05   Link #140
Ryoza
Woah ~~ !

this was a very painful episode to see indeed . Great animations and music ... i almost had to cry.
Ryoza is offline   Reply With Quote