AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-01-14, 12:33   Link #501
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

yes indeed,his majesty Kira Yamato returned to his throne and GSD got the 2nd place with Seed in the 3rd place...Suzumiya Haruhi is in the 4th place...

i'll post the whole thing later.
Old 2007-01-14, 13:01   Link #502
X207
Gamyūsa

nice, haruhi is still up there, oh and gundam too
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 15:16   Link #503
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
yes indeed,his majesty Kira Yamato returned to his throne and GSD got the 2nd place with Seed in the 3rd .
ah damn, GSD should be behind GS
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 16:58   Link #504
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Nice to see Kira and Lacus dominating the Harushit leads again. Go SEED.
Old 2007-01-14, 18:05   Link #505
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
*sigh* As much as we knew it was going to happen because of the shallow tastes of Japanese fans these days, it's still hard to see such overrated characters at the top again. Especially when you think of how sad it is that a Gundam title equals an almost automatic Number 1 status regardless of its quality these days.
Old 2007-01-14, 19:50   Link #506
tetsuo69

thats good kira back at no,1
Old 2007-01-14, 20:43   Link #507
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
as long as Haruhi in the top 5 , i wont complain
but kira and lacus are always in top 3 .. how many times actually?
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 04:38   Link #508
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Ahhh! Why are Kira and his alter ego Suzaku counted separately?!!!!!!!!!!!! Kira should be Number #1 cuz those votes added up should beat Lulu!!!!111
Oh please, Kira >>>>> Suzaku aka the T$*)%# idiot any day.
Old 2007-01-15, 04:44   Link #509
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1 View Post
um... further proof of how shallow japanese fans are?

I'm surprised Haruhi stuck around the top though.
Ok, this lulu kid turned out fairly ok. But his childhood friend is becoming my obsessive hate target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
I prefer rocker girls like Suzumiya Haruhi than pop princesses like lacus.

I was shocked when black lagoon is one position higher than deathnote.I thought deathnote is supposed to be popular here.

The fact that Code geass and SHNY are the top 2 animes in Japan is good.
Well Lacus really isn't a pop princess, just a goddess princess who acts fairly elegantly in certain situations. It is the best moments, and the very inane moments, that define a character, so I dont really care about her deficiencies in GSD since they weren't so bad.

Ah yea black lagoon, another series plagued by teh "parallel world physics" of anime. Needlessly to say the series can be better with more attention paid to characters rather than action sequences, and someone please fix the logic processors in these people for inconsistency.

Code Geass is promising, but really, slow down and develop everything more before moving onto the next event please.

All of the above are just rants.
Old 2007-01-15, 20:28   Link #510
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
Oh please, Kira >>>>> Suzaku aka the T$*)%# idiot any day.
yes kira--->>>suzaku any day
Old 2007-01-17, 02:20   Link #511
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Suzaku is on crack with all that idealistic tripe he spews without understanding anything. He's one of the weakest characters I've ever encountered in an anime, just blindly righteous. I never understood why people compare him to Kira at all.

Well I guess the polls just confirm one thing, other anime characters' popularity fluctuate based on what's hot at the time or the mood of the time, but the SEED characters just have staying power.
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 10:58   Link #512
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
Ok, this lulu kid turned out fairly ok. But his childhood friend is becoming my obsessive hate target.

Well Lacus really isn't a pop princess, just a goddess princess who acts fairly elegantly in certain situations. It is the best moments, and the very inane moments, that define a character, so I dont really care about her deficiencies in GSD since they weren't so bad.

Code Geass is promising, but really, slow down and develop everything more before moving onto the next event please.

All of the above are just rants.
Currently I find lacus is too much of a perfect princess,and if you said that lacus is a goddess princess,then Haruhi is god accoding to haruhists.

There is a thing call character development that might change your opinions on Suzaku in the later episodes of geass.
Old 2007-01-20, 11:07   Link #513
anselfir
Style Über Alles

well I kinda pay attention to only a small part of what Lacus does, and I dont find her lame most of the time, so I can enjoy her character. I dont think I have seen many anime characters like her though.
Old 2008-03-24, 02:58   Link #514
boredandsleepy

Smile

April 2008 Animage Character Best Ranking

No. 1 = Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
No. 2 = Setsuna F Seiei (MS Gundam 00)
No. 3 = Tieria Erde (MS Gundam 00)
No. 4 = Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
No. 5 = Kira Yamato (MS Gundam Seed)
No. 6 = Allelujah/Hallelujah Haptism (MS Gundam 00)
No. 7 = Graham Aker (MS Gundam 00)
No. 8 = Lockon Stratos (MS Gundam 00)
No. 9 = Toushiro Hitsugaya (Bleach)
No. 10 = Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
No. 11 = Kyoya Hibari (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
No.12 = Athrun Zala (MS Gundam Seed)
No. 13 = Takaya Abe (Okiku Furikabutte)
No. 14 = Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate the Combat Butler!)
No. 15 = Sougo Okita (Gintama)
No. 16 = Tamaki Kawazoe (Bamboo Blade)
No. 17 = Izumi Konata (Lucky Star)
No. 18 = C.C. (Code Geass)
No. 19 = Kanda Yuu (D. Gray-man)
No. 20 = Nagisa Furukawa (Clannad)
No. 21 = Cagalli Yula Atha (MS Gundam Seed)
No. 22 = Nagi Sanzen'in (Hayate the Combat Butler!)
No. 23 = Lacus Clyne (MS Gundam Seed)
No. 24 = Fate T. Harlaown (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikeS)
No. 25 = Neuro Nogami (Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro)
No. 26 = Hayate Ayasaki (Hayate the Combat Butler!)
No. 27 = Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
No. 28 = Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
No. 29 = Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
No. 30 = Chiaki Minami (Minamike Okawari)

Enjoy!
boredandsleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 03:46   Link #515
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

is it official ? do you have any link for it?

hahahahaha glad to see all my favourite character in gundam 00 in there - however come on I thought lock on would take the 4th or 3th place at least
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 03:51   Link #516
tetsuo69

what about the newtype polls? what ever happen to all those polls that were always posted around the time Gundam Seed Destiny air?

btw its just Wow , is it me or Gundam 00 fell short against code geass LOL xD this would had never happen if we had a 3rd Seed series xD but its to be expected from a boring anime XD only the last few ep have been Good.
Old 2008-03-24, 04:22   Link #517
boredandsleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
is it official ? do you have any link for it?

hahahahaha glad to see all my favourite character in gundam 00 in there - however come on I thought lock on would take the 4th or 3th place at least
Yes, they are official. I actually obtained that information directly from my April 2008 Animage magazine.

I don't have March 2008 Animage magazine but I have the link to ranking from Animage official website. Here is the link for March 2008 (one month old) ranking only.
http://www.tokuma.co.jp/animage/chara/chara_new.html

Note: In March 2008, Kira Yamato was in 4th place while Athrun Zala was in 19th tied with Kanda Yuu (D. Gray-man). Now in April 2008, Kira Yamato is in 5th place and Athrun Zala is in 12th place.
Old 2008-03-24, 04:26   Link #518
boredandsleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
what about the newtype polls? what ever happen to all those polls that were always posted around the time Gundam Seed Destiny air?.
I don't have the ranking from NewType as of now. I have stopped subscribing to Newtype for a while. I may subscribe to it later once I hear more news. I bought the April 2008 Animage just to confirm the news about Morosawa interview posted by Gunota. Here is the translation and it matched with Gunota's posting.

From Morosawa in April 2008 Animage:
"I had completed the plot for a while. However, after GSD was finished, my phyical condition became worse and constantly needs examination and now is in outpatient treatment, and that's all due to my neck problem. It's really inexcusable to ask everyone to wait. It was just being delayed and not that I was planning this or I had no energy. Please wait a little more. Excuse me. In my head, Kira, Athrun, Shin and everyone are healthy. I will do my best to deliver the best creation."

From Gunota:
Reports from Japanese sites, such as Ayano☆Diary, say the most recent issue of Animage gives a long-awaited update on the situation surrounding the Gundam SEED movie, originally announced back in May of 2006. Chiaki Morosawa, who was the subject of an interview, says the plot has been done for some time now but that following the end of SEED Destiny, she fell ill, underwent examinations, and currently goes to the hospital for treatment. Apologizing more than once, she states the delay was simply due to that and though there isn't a plan in place, she has no lack of energy so she asks fans to please wait a little longer.
Old 2008-03-24, 05:11   Link #519
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandsleepy View Post
Yes, they are official. I actually obtained that information directly from my April 2008 Animage magazine.

I don't have March 2008 Animage magazine but I have the link to ranking from Animage official website. Here is the link for March 2008 (one month old) ranking only.
http://www.tokuma.co.jp/animage/chara/chara_new.html

Note: In March 2008, Kira Yamato was in 4th place while Athrun Zala was in 19th tied with Kanda Yuu (D. Gray-man). Now in April 2008, Kira Yamato is in 5th place and Athrun Zala is in 12th place.
ah thanx for the information

Quote:
btw its just Wow , is it me or Gundam 00 fell short against code geass LOL xD this would had never happen if we had a 3rd Seed series xD but its to be expected from a boring anime XD only the last few ep have been Good.
boring anime huh? well not according to me and MANY other people plus the other that buying the gunpla like crazies (me too) according to gunota, 00 outsales destiny by 120% this news were like months ago (december if I'm not mistaken)

- ah well whatever I guess the only gundam show you ever saw are seed -
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:29   Link #520
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
A third series? Are you serious?

Anyway, I'm surprised Tiera even made it to the top ten; most people I know hate his girly ass. XD But I guess he deserves it, he almost owned the Trinity at one time, after all.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote