AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-06, 20:57   Link #61
Gankutsuou

I was not impressed with the first episode but i'll give the second episode a try since i'm a huge fan of Yuu Higuri. She's an amazing artist. And i wonder if she's going to be drawing the manga version of this as well. If that happens, then we might be able to see some BL in it. Or at least some hints of them.
Old 2006-08-06, 23:23   Link #62
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Yeah... everyone will jump right on the incest. >>;;
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2006-08-06, 23:31   Link #63
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

I have been calling it "psychicest"... >_>
Old 2006-08-07, 00:41   Link #64
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Just watched Ep02. Kinda early for recaps... but overall, it has been looking good so far.
Old 2006-08-07, 02:38   Link #65
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

NHG 01 aired on the GyaO internert broadcast stream a month ago, then 1+2 dual aired last week. Our project staff theorized 02 had a little recap for people who watched it a motnh ago on the web, then tuned in just for ep 2 on the premiere night on BS-N.

That or the production staff is lazy. X)
Old 2006-08-07, 10:08   Link #66
chiimack

does anyone know what the minus force is all about?
Old 2006-08-07, 12:09   Link #67
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

No idea,I suspect it's related to the girl who disapeared in the first ep.
I didn't like the ep2 for several reasons.
I was shocked by the "flashbacks" of ep 1.There was 1 min like this, for a second ep that's problematic.
And the incident in the Stinger was really weird.The older brother definitely has a problem understanding the word "low-profile".

Last edited by ZeusIrae; 2006-08-07 at 12:24.
Old 2006-08-07, 12:22   Link #68
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
No idea,I suspect it's related to the girl who disapeared in the first ep.
I didn't like the ep2 for several reasons.
I was shocked by the "flashbacks" of ep 1.There was 30sec like this, for a second ep that's problematic.
And the incident in the Stinger was really weird.The older brother definitely has a problem understandng the word "low-profile".
He hasn't really had the chance to learn how to stay low-profile. All his life, the people around him could not bring themselves to accept him as he really is, an ESPer. If I am not mistaken in my interpretations, he wants to make people accept his existence. Hence the cutlery demostrations.

Notice how it is the denouncements of their abilities that triggers his rage. The frustration of not having people believe, and not accepting what he is trying to show them. I hope it will not happen in the future episodes... too much, but I would not be surprised if they flashback to his parting scene with his mother again( and again), since that is a succinct summary of my take on this. A child that not even his own mother could fully accept.

Cheers.
Old 2006-08-07, 15:41   Link #69
chiimack

What bothers me about this is that the field that prevented them from leaving is now down cuz the guy that powered it is dead. If it's powered by another guy that has powers, then why weren't the two boys taught to control their powers so that they weren't fueled by their emotions and the younger one would be able to atleast somewhat block the images that he gets so they could function in main society? It seems that nothing has progressed to power control and emotions since they got there. That's not to say that they haven't finetuned some aspects of it like the older boy being able to focus his power to bend just a spoon and not affect anything else around him while he's doing it.
Old 2006-08-07, 16:56   Link #70
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Yeah,it's weird.And where did they learn to drive?Where did they found the car?Their clothes are really stylish for lab rats,isn't it?And what's the point of guarding them for 15 years like this if it's to let them escape so easily?If I was in control,I would fire the guy in charge of the facility.

I want to like this show,but I really hope they have a good explanation for all this.
Old 2006-08-07, 18:39   Link #71
onigiri
....always have hope =)..

Haha wow. I don't even remember when was the last time I had posted up a comment on this forum. I guess this anime really got me thinking hahaha.

From a few posts earlier, I noticed how people didn't like the first episode and some people liked the second epi more. Haha I'm the total opposite.

The first episode really caught my eye....which is....different....since I'm usually the person who watches happy happy joy joy stuff like Ouran or fantasy stuff like Tsubasa..but I guess I was driven by my hidden interest in mysterious stuff =p. I absolutely love the music....it seem to fit perfectly in all of the scenes . Haha I also had that random question, "where did Naoto learn how to drive?" ....but I guess I let things like that sliiiide because of the character design and all =D.

I was quite dissapointed with the 2nd episode though since the first half consisted of flashbacks =_=....also found that the whole rant from that dude pretty annoying and........odd. I mean, from all of the times he's at the bar....he gives that rant when there are people with powers in the bar =p (what a coincidence). The 2nd half of it was ok though....when things started to go crazy with Naoto and Naoya =3.

Despite the fact that have a fear of ghosts (yea, I know childish of me ><)...I can't wait until I see the next episode~ I'll.........just remember to not watch it at night ~
Old 2006-08-08, 01:55   Link #72
indicatoto101

Watched 3 episodes so far and while they were not great, I found them entertaining in a dark way. Based on the animation and plot, the budget looks low and for some reason it remids of E's Otherwise, but what's really driving me watch future episodes... is the brotherly love goodnes. I think I might be the only male who wants to see more yaoi undertones from the anime.
Old 2006-08-08, 09:44   Link #73
DaFool
Resident devil

Watched 2 eps so far, and the writing just sucks. Really bad. And I was all hyped up for a deep sci-fi action-drama too. And what we get..

"Oh! The Angst!"

Also when they paid that dude 30,000 yen to fix their flat, I mean, I expected that guy to just drive off with their car! In such an abusive world-view where you can't trust people, those brothers are so un-streetsmart it's pathetic.

I don't know, I just don't like entire episodes featured inside a bar filled with whiny gangsters.

The snow backgrounds in ep 1 were nicely done, though, so give them credit.

I will still watch this because I like the psychic girl.
Old 2006-08-08, 10:14   Link #74
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
~
Also when they paid that dude 30,000 yen to fix their flat, I mean, I expected that guy to just drive off with their car! In such an abusive world-view where you can't trust people, those brothers are so un-streetsmart it's pathetic.
~
I was expecting that too, so I was pleasantly surprised that it did not happen. As for their lack of 'streetsmarts', they can hardly be blamed.

One needs to remember that they have been isolated from the outside world for years, ever since they were kids. They had no opportunity to develop streetsmarts. Whatever they know, whatever they have learnt, has been mostly within the confines of their forest 'prison'.

They are not, and have never been portrayed as such, tough men. They are just brothers who happen to have supernatural powers, and just recently broke out of a detention center.

As for the bar scene, I posted my speculation on the possible significance of it in an earlier post.

Cheers.
Old 2006-08-08, 10:34   Link #75
ImClueless
Rawr

For people who just escaped from a prison, they have an awful lot of cash lining their pocket. Also, who the hell taught them how to drive?
Old 2006-08-08, 10:42   Link #76
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless
For people who just escaped from a prison, they have an awful lot of cash lining their pocket. Also, who the hell taught them how to drive?
For the former, it might be because they mugged a couple of scientists before making their escape.

For the latter, your guess is as good as mine.

Still... it is only the second episode thus far. There is still opportunity to find out what actually went on during their stay in the detention center; somewhat like Gungrave, where the audience is thrown into the middle of the plot during the first episode, than led through the past, before catching up with the present.
Old 2006-08-08, 21:07   Link #77
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
first 2 episodes have peaked my intrest. However i can see the downfall of the series in advance i dont feel it has a very strong story line for it to continue past maybe 15 episodes. But we have all seen series that start off that way but get stronger as the story develops. so ill just ride it out for a bit,

Ok did anyone else think the chick in the red dress was a total whore i mean was there anyone in that bar she didnt sleep with. IF i were the younger brother i be more worried about what kind of STD i might have gotten from instead of worried about her mind.
Old 2006-08-08, 21:16   Link #78
Sakuya
*Artist

What I don't get is how reading minds can cause pain for the little brother. And it seems to appear that whatever Naoya sees in his vision, other people can see it too?
Old 2006-08-08, 21:32   Link #79
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
What I don't get is how reading minds can cause pain for the little brother. And it seems to appear that whatever Naoya sees in his vision, other people can see it too?
I believe it is not so much as physical pain, but mental anguish. Think Asuka after she got mind-raped by an Angel in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

As for the sharing of vision, the elder brother explained it. Their brainwaves synchronised, enabling the others to see what the younger brother can see. Judging from the circumstantial evidence, the younger brother cannot control his power. Think Rogue, from X-Men.
Old 2006-08-09, 08:05   Link #80
DracolichWitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
I believe it is not so much as physical pain, but mental anguish. Think Asuka after she got mind-raped by an Angel in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

As for the sharing of vision, the elder brother explained it. Their brainwaves synchronised, enabling the others to see what the younger brother can see. Judging from the circumstantial evidence, the younger brother cannot control his power. Think Rogue, from X-Men.
This series really does remind me of Evangelion. A friend of mine didn't get it, but it just has a smilar 'FEEL' to it. It's definately darker. Jury is still out on it for me.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, supernatural