AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-20, 22:25   Link #21
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

No problem...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=9000
Old 2004-11-20, 22:29   Link #22
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
It was released last year a wonderful series showing tokyo and sorrounding areas in the anime world.
The series had a great soundtrack and great characters.
the thing i didnt like is the mahou (magicians organization) which was silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
Has anyone seen this? I believe it's called "Someday's Dreamer(s)". Can't remember if it's Dreamer or Dreamers. Hell, can't remember if it's Somedays or Someday's.

How long ago did it air? What's everyone's general opinion of this?
(In other words, I thought that just putting up a topic entitled "Someday's Dreamer" and just adding one line "guyz iz it gud cuz i mihgt wnna watch it bt i dun no if itz gud r nt thx xoxox" would be a tad bit ... annoying.)

Accept my apologies for posting this if it's already been posted before, and just post a link to said topic and I'll be happy.
Old 2004-11-20, 22:47   Link #23
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
I've actually seen a couple fansubbed episodes a while back, and despite my utter horror at anything yaoi or bishounen, the whole dolphin-popping-out-of-her-hand magic scenes were just so unforgettable.
Old 2004-11-20, 23:14   Link #24
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
I've actually seen a couple fansubbed episodes a while back, and despite my utter horror at anything yaoi or bishounen, the whole dolphin-popping-out-of-her-hand magic scenes were just so unforgettable.
Thankfully, the show only had that 1 scene with the pair of topless male It does get better from an already great start. Also has one of the very rare few anime endings I can agree with as making sense and feeling good at the same time [Haibane Renmei is another].

I suppose the title itself is a pretty good indication of what to expect. We have a crew here with enough power to move heaven or make dreams come true, until they face something where all their gifts are impotent or not needed. Things like life and death, falling in love and the value of memories.

And I also have its ED theme on repeat "Under the Blue Sky" by the Indigo.
Old 2006-01-14, 04:26   Link #25
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto , which translated would sound as "The most important things for a magician".

I've started watching this series a couple of days ago, and now I'm up at episode 5 (out of 12). But... how wonderful it is!!
Really, I'm a huge fan of Studio Ghibli's works, and I find the main protagonist, Kikuchi Yume, being a lot alike Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Servie), Sheeta (Laputa), Shizuku (Whisper of the Heart), Naushika (Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa). This for her being so altruist so far, always putting everyone else's needs before her own needs.
I also like really much the voice acting for her, credited to Miyazaki Aoi, who was 17 at the time she dubbed Yume (17 as well as Yume herself).

And then the slow pace, and the caring for character development, they're so far always depicted in their very indepths. Even the character design is particular, so different than the usual, but still so suitable for this series.
Last mention for the Opening and Ending Themes, two little jewels, especially the ED, Under the Blue Sky.

So far, with 5 episodes seen, this series is getting five stars out of five, from me. It's a pity it seems to belong to the long list of unknown, underestimated, undervalued anime, and as usual I can't get why

Anyway, an update will follow when I have seen more episodes
Old 2008-02-22, 23:28   Link #26
Shana

How in the world can this thread be death?! I hope it's because the Licensed forum is not getting many guests.

I've started watching this series yesterday, now I'm at episode 7, downloading episode 11 (of course, not in English ). So far, I'm in love with this series. Yume is so slow-paced, what makes her to be even cuter ^^.

Sometimes the series can be hilarious, and sometimes sad. This is a Kamichu or Kino's Journey-like, I'm sure. I love these types of series where there is someone who helps people and it repeats always and gets a beautiful ending.

I'll update the post when I finish the series

EDIT: had to repost so I could revive the thread

I've finished the series. The characters are all so light-hearted. I'm impressed that Oyamada-sensei didn't try to do something to Yume . And so, I'm impressed about the little 'fanservice' (if that can be called fanservice) of Yume in episode 11; it was so... not-noticeable yet... light-hearted fanservice? pure fanservice?

Yume made me want to cry many times, with her "I'm sorry!" and "I don't know what to do..." but I think they started the 'plot' too late, it was like rushed. But it finished beautiful.

Put all your heart on it...
Old 2008-03-25, 18:28   Link #27
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

There was a report yesterday of a new Someday's Dreamers series, to run this summer. Check it out here:

http://www.moetron.com/2008/03/24/so...rs-new-series/

The formal announcement is supposed to come out tomorrow. The new series will be called Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~. I'm not sure whether it's a sequel or a remake of the original.
Old 2008-03-26, 03:42   Link #28
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Yes, and a new thread has been created for the discussion of this new series over in the Unaired forum.

Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~
Old 2008-03-26, 10:46   Link #29
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Yes, and a new thread has been created for the discussion of this new series over in the Unaired forum.

Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~
Got it. Thanks!
Closed Thread