AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-07, 17:46   Link #21
m8-

I pretty much believe myself that Winry will die or something critical will happen.

After all, the new ending indicates a new arc or something.

Btw, they could get Winry close to Ed, too much close. So if Winry dies, Ed will surely get the Philosophers Stone and bring her back to life, so as bringing his arm and Al's body as well. I'm not very positive by that, but I'm sort of sure that Ed will think like that.
Old 2004-04-07, 18:21   Link #22
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

I agree Hawkeye is too hot to die....logic demands it.I think a certain sensei is dead......
Old 2004-04-07, 18:53   Link #23
avmoghe

All I'll say is that she is taking a grave risk by staying loyal to Mustang.

The 'bad guys' in this show seem basically unstoppable and indestructable... I doubt even Mustang can stand a chance against them. So she won't have anyone to protect her from them.

I agree that she is hot though and it would be quite a painful to see either her or Mustang get eaten by Gluttony for instance as they scream
Old 2004-04-07, 21:27   Link #24
GreyRose

Nice to see that guys find someone hot even when they're not in slutty clothes. :P
Old 2004-04-07, 22:11   Link #25
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Lots of people feel Armstrong will die, but that guy looks like he'd be pretty tough to beat. I haven't seen another Alchemist I think can beat him, and he only lost to Scar because he found that he was from Ishbal. Not saying Scar couldn't beat him, but we haven't seen what this guy can do.
Old 2004-04-07, 22:21   Link #26
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Scar technically won, he made the roof collapse on him. Being from Ishbal was irrelevant to the outcome really, but Armstrong has shown himself able to beat Alphonse, and that means he can definately beat Edward as well. He's around Scar's equal I would say... And that also means Gluttony could kill him in such a case.

Last edited by Zauren; 2004-04-07 at 22:57.
Old 2004-04-07, 23:11   Link #27
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Don't foget that Scar was wounded when he fought Gluttony.
Old 2004-04-08, 01:05   Link #28
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca
Don't foget that Scar was wounded when he fought Gluttony.
I think you got something wrong there. The reason why Scar got hurt so badly was because of the fight with Gluttony.
Old 2004-04-08, 02:52   Link #29
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

The first fight with Gluttony, Scar deflected his attack and blew up his head. Gluttony then struck him in the chest, badly wounding him, then Scar blew off Gluttony's arm. After a skirmish, Scar was forced to flee. The second battle with Gluttony, Scar was knocked through a wall and fell into Greed's old prison. Gluttony was clearly superior in that fight - but yeah, Scar was still wounded in it from his first fight with Gluttony. Last we saw, Scar is still recovering from his wounds.

I would say that Scar's faster, but not by a whole lot. Gluttony's obviously far more durable, though, and stronger.

As for who dies, I'm pretty sure it will not be Mustang/Hawkeye. He seems to be purposefully ignoring the situation, in order to become Fuhrer and change the world. If Armstrong is legitimate, then he is likely to become the next victim; Or the booklady, who the Sins have to know worked for Hughes. The idea of Winry being killed so the Philosopher's Stone would undoubtedly be used to resurrect her is very interesting, but I couldn't see it being done until the mid-40's+ in this series...

Last edited by Zauren; 2004-04-08 at 02:55. Reason: Recap
Old 2004-04-08, 03:22   Link #30
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Ed will die for his brother.... (Speculation)
Old 2004-04-08, 03:27   Link #31
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
Ed will die for his brother.... (Speculation)
Before that happens; lets just hope that he manages to restore his body parts - a growth spurt, and score with Winry first. And then he may die at the end
Old 2004-04-08, 03:37   Link #32
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Before that happens; lets just hope that he manages to restore his body parts - a growth spurt, and score with Winry first. And then he may die at the end
LOL.... awe man.... that was funny... gosh I missed these forums... shouldn't have been away for so long... anyway.... welll... scoring with winry... hmmm..... define your scoring... all the way? or just a pash? anyway.... growth spurt will never happen i think... or at least I'm not wishing for it because the chibi part is really the best part of him... about restoring body parts... that's why I say he'll die bcos he'll be dying to restore his brother's body...

another off topic statement... i miss melbourne
Old 2004-04-08, 03:55   Link #33
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
LOL.... awe man.... that was funny... gosh I missed these forums... shouldn't have been away for so long... anyway.... welll... scoring with winry... hmmm..... define your scoring... all the way? or just a pash? anyway.... growth spurt will never happen i think... or at least I'm not wishing for it because the chibi part is really the best part of him... about restoring body parts... that's why I say he'll die bcos he'll be dying to restore his brother's body...

another off topic statement... i miss melbourne
haha yea. what I meant is that hopefully there will be shounen or at least hinted romance happening. Like I've poined out in other threads; from what we'eve seen in FMA is it isnt like many other series that are too common. FMA and the creator himself gave us alot of unexpected stuff we didn't see coming (ie. death of Nina, Hughes, all the serious murderings, big emphasis of alchemy, etc). Other people claim that nowadays most shounen series they watch tend to go down a similiar fashion - the romance factor for example - is only vaguely hinted & it eventually doesnt happen. But if you look at some other series like Love Hina or Gatekeepers - the romance in those shounen/shoujo series ended happily. Full Metal Panic may as well go down that line also should Season 3 air soon. So therefore the idea of an Ed x Winry in the series is valid, if the creator decides to surprise us more.

PS. check out the Ed x Winry thread in the fanarts forum if you're interested
And yea, Melbourne rocks
Old 2004-04-08, 09:52   Link #34
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi

Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Spoiler:
Agreed! In fact that's kind of the forboding feeling I've had since around episode five I just thought...

Spoiler:

Which does suck, but I think it's realistic, unfortunately. v_v
Old 2004-04-08, 10:16   Link #35
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Speculation, no manga comments, based on the post above...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-08, 10:34   Link #36
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

hmm

Armstrong can't die cuz

huge manga spoiler i think (cuz i don't read the manga i just got this from one thread where they show wrath in action)

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-08, 17:46   Link #37
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
hmmm....I don't know....I just hope that they don't kill Armstrong any time soon....cuz I was really pissed when Huges died =_= (I was pissed 2 times....when I saw him die in the manga, and once again in the anime =_= )
Old 2004-04-08, 20:36   Link #38
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
As for who dies, I'm pretty sure it will not be Mustang/Hawkeye. He seems to be purposefully ignoring the situation, in order to become Fuhrer and change the world.
No, that's just what he's saying. There's no doubt in my mind he'll investigate the matter privately or through the Elric Brothers.
Old 2004-04-08, 21:54   Link #39
Joe Dalton

I think there wont be a dramatic death all 2 soon.
I think the whole they die 2 kill the sins is a bit of a weak storyline and dont think fma will go down that road.
I am kinda hoping that they will at least come 2 terms with their lives since I kinda want them 2 be happy lol... they may be only animated but uts still just sad
Anyway it was said in annother thrread that because only al is speaking at the end he'll be the soul survivor... I hope its not true but it would be a terrific ending
Old 2004-04-08, 23:38   Link #40
kamij0

now you're all talking HOW they will die .. instead of who will be dying instead...
howcome in this latest opening, i never see gluttony sloth wrath and lust ?
and ++ ... no 1 really speculate that a sin might die..
Closed Thread