AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-12-05, 06:52   Link #121
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Huge spoiler Image
Spoiler for New Mahou Shoujo in the series:
I know I'm late to post here but it seems to me that they are finally trying to tie this story into the main series and would really like tp see where this is going.
Old 2011-12-11, 02:41   Link #122
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ok, wow...read the raw. Kazumi was quite the teacher of tough love eh?

Spoiler for Spoilers for raw chapter.:

I'm so far surprised at this manga. It's done a pretty good job of adding some unique elements to what we've already seen in Oriko and Madoka, but keeps the atmosphere and overall "feel" of the anime intact. It might have some silly moments, but when you consider the revelations so far, it's actually a pretty dark story.
Old 2011-12-12, 22:30   Link #123
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yeah, the new chapter is finally translated.

As for Jyubey with the special person, I was under impression that it was Kyubey, and just a case of confusing frame use. Look at the frame where the special person was walking away...

Also aren't we forgetting that this is the same series that featured Yuri, who had a ridiculous amount of skills for a singular puella (where the TV series only implied that they're limited to at least two)?
Old 2011-12-24, 21:44   Link #124
NTFTH

Spoilers for chapter 12 are out. Not sure how accurate they are.

Spoiler for Spoilers:
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 07:41   Link #125
Shadow5YA

If that's true, I guess that would explain why Jyubey has been generally kinder than Kyubey.

As for a certain big boobed magical girl, I don't consider her appearance to be much more than a cameo.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 17:33   Link #126
Diveman

Spoiler for Theories and random stuff about ch 12:

Also im new here, nice to meet u all =)

Last edited by Diveman; 2011-12-31 at 18:09.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 22:55   Link #127
Jimmy C

The problem is, if the aim is to "get rid" of Kazumi, why not just kill her?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 12:59   Link #128
Diveman

Because they would need her to get more magical girls? as in, they need her abilities.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 23:31   Link #129
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
The problem is, if the aim is to "get rid" of Kazumi, why not just kill her?
She'd beat them in a direct fight? She, for some reason can't afford to be killed, like having to deal with the Dark Nuts?
Old 2012-01-06, 22:59   Link #130
NTFTH

Chapter 12's been translated.
Old 2012-01-07, 01:18   Link #131
Witched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
Because they would need her to get more magical girls? as in, they need her abilities.
They could always get magical girls themselves. After all, they're not THAT weak...

Then again, Satomi's probably evil.

Spoiler for Random Thought:
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 16:15   Link #132
Dark Wing

Okay I've come up with a theory as to what happened to Kazumi and why Satomi suddenly said what she said.

Now I believe everything seen in that flashback was true except they may have left out on critical piece of information that being if Kazumi had ever on the verge of becoming a which.

Think about when the Saints were waiting for Kazumi that night no one could find her. What if at the time of the great reveal Kazumi was about to go witch and Saints found her in time to remove her soul gem, put her on ice and revived her later.

This is the reason they still have not purified the other girls yet they don't know if the process is going to even work so they are waiting to see what happens with Kazumi since she's their first experiment.

As for why Satomi said they should just kill her? Look at her reaction at page 24. Well we've all seen what happens every time Kazumi has a freak out you know with the weird eyes and stuff. Well maybe Satomi is starting to think that Kazumi is turning into a failed experiment and the only why to help her now is put her down before it's too late.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:58   Link #133
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I'm really suspicious of the validity of this flashback in it's entirety. We were told that none of Kazumi's friends knew her wish, and she's telling them within the flashback as part of motivating them to contract with Jyubey.

So either A) They're all lying, and why would they do that if it's as innocuous as waking up her grandma, B) they all forgot somehow (why?) or C), the memories Kazumi is recovering right now are FAKE...which is HIGHLY LIKELY.

Hell, I can't even connect how her presented wish connects to all the weird stuff Kazumi does. How does waking up grandma let her turn bombs into toys, or detect the false Witches, or turn Witches into Puella Magi hybrid abominations?

Hell, how is waking up a comatose person "Sacrilege/Destruction"?

No, this entire story is bullshit. Umika must've fucked with her head.
Old 2012-01-10, 00:56   Link #134
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post

Hell, I can't even connect how her presented wish connects to all the weird stuff Kazumi does. How does waking up grandma let her turn bombs into toys, or detect the false Witches, or turn Witches into Puella Magi hybrid abominations?

Well the bomb can simply be explained as transformation magic after all we've seen it done in the main series before. Like Mami making a magic bat for Sayaka or Kyoko enhancing the telescope.

the others we don't know for sure but maybe her wish to restore her Grandma gave her to power to restore all things to their original state and some extent break it down?
Old 2012-01-10, 01:24   Link #135
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'm really suspicious of the validity of this flashback in it's entirety. We were told that none of Kazumi's friends knew her wish, and she's telling them within the flashback as part of motivating them to contract with Jyubey.

So either A) They're all lying, and why would they do that if it's as innocuous as waking up her grandma, B) they all forgot somehow (why?) or C), the memories Kazumi is recovering right now are FAKE...which is HIGHLY LIKELY.

I agree that we should take the story with a grain of salt, but I don't think you can always relate a magical girl's wish with their actual powers.

How does Mami's wish to survive a car accident give her muskets and ribbons?

What does Kyoko's weapon or barrier power have anything to do with her wish to get people to listen to her father?
Old 2012-01-10, 04:35   Link #136
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
I agree that we should take the story with a grain of salt, but I don't think you can always relate a magical girl's wish with their actual powers.

How does Mami's wish to survive a car accident give her muskets and ribbons?
Well, about that, supplemental materials say that Mami's wish was to "keep her connection to life", therefore ribbons.

Weapons and stuff seem to be what a Mahou prefers to fight with, otherwise how the hell can you get a weapon out of like...99% of wishes?

Quote:
What does Kyoko's weapon or barrier power have anything to do with her wish to get people to listen to her father?
Again, those seem to be standard powers. Her real power is supposed to be some illusion power, which she suppresses subconsciously because of her trauma.

Quote:
Well the bomb can simply be explained as transformation magic after all we've seen it done in the main series before. Like Mami making a magic bat for Sayaka or Kyoko enhancing the telescope.

the others we don't know for sure but maybe her wish to restore her Grandma gave her to power to restore all things to their original state and some extent break it down?
Possible, but SO MUCH ATTENTION IS BROUGHT TO IT, and she wasn't even in Mahou Shoujo form (unless I'm misremembering that bit, I honestly don't know), and, well...there's still the thing with Yuuri/Airi's witch, and the whole deal with Kazumi being MAD special and mysterious in general.

And again, I just don't see how waking someone from a coma has to do with "breaking down." Restoring to one's original state might work, but she specifically turned the bomb into a toy.
Old 2012-01-11, 14:45   Link #137
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Again, those seem to be standard powers. Her real power is supposed to be some illusion power, which she suppresses subconsciously because of her trauma.
I concede the point about Mami's ribbons, but how is Kyoko's barrier not a special power? No other magical girl has been shown to have the capability to make one.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:11   Link #138
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

All she really does is make a wall come up that's made of substances not unlike her spears. Though if you want a fanwank, you could argue that it's entirely illusory and convinces everyone involved that 'this line shall not be crossed' or something.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:22   Link #139
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I concede the point about Mami's ribbons, but how is Kyoko's barrier not a special power? No other magical girl has been shown to have the capability to make one.
Didn't Homura also make a barrier to protect Madoka in Oriko Magica?
Old 2012-01-12, 00:15   Link #140
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Yes, actually. Chapter five. That supports my idea that making barriers for protecting civilians is something all Mahou Shoujo can do.

Tags
seinen, spin-off