AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 15 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 7.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-11, 20:52   Link #161
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Did they ever tell us why Kagura and Mikono were the Forbidden Lovers? Or why Fudo was such a cockblock with Amata and Mikono, and no one else?
Easy: he's Apollonius. Or he really hates the Amata/Mikono/Kagura thing? He seemed to in episode 22.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-11, 20:55   Link #162
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Easy: he's Apollonius. Or he really hates the Amata/Mikono/Kagura thing? He seemed to in episode 22.
That would make a lot of sense
Old 2012-06-11, 21:02   Link #163
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Easy: he's Apollonius.
Very interesting idea.

If true, I actually feel sorry for Fudo.
Old 2012-06-11, 21:14   Link #164
mayumi

The problem is Fudo Gen didn't seem to care about Silvia's reincarnation as much as he does Mikono's. But that might because Mikono is complete Celiane unlike Silvia who was just light half of Celiane's soul.

If Zen wants Mikono to enter enlightment then he better move his ass and take her already. Through she is far cry below Celiane from 24000 yrs ago. So I think Zen will just leave her as she is.

Zen does need to take care of Mykage though. He is the only one who can stop Touma's soul from reincarnating and continuing the cycle.

Way back in ep 5, during the hand-holding scene i said it was very likely Amata is Apollo because a similar scene happened in Genesis. So there really was no defy fate from the very beginning. Rather just continuing where Apollo-Silvia's soul left off 12000 yrs ago which is why Amata and Mikono falling in love instantly happened. They knew each other's souls and bonded instantly cause of reincarnation.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-06-11 at 21:36.
Old 2012-06-11, 21:37   Link #165
ZetaAEUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post

If Zen wants Mikono to enter enlightment then he better move his ass and take her already. Through she is far cry below Celiane from 24000 yrs ago. So I think Zen will just leave her as she is.
What does this mean? I don't quite understand.

But as far as Mikono is concerned I think she's a lost cause. I thought her angle was that she's supposed to not be worthless by the end of the serie but here we are, lol. Welp, still two episodes to go
Old 2012-06-11, 22:37   Link #166
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaAEUG View Post
What does this mean? I don't quite understand.

But as far as Mikono is concerned I think she's a lost cause. I thought her angle was that she's supposed to not be worthless by the end of the serie but here we are, lol. Welp, still two episodes to go
Basically soul reincarnates few times, you suffer each life, finally awaken your mind and free yourself from rebirth.
Old 2012-06-11, 22:50   Link #167
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Zen does need to take care of Mykage though. He is the only one who can stop Touma's soul from reincarnating and continuing the cycle.
If he's Apollonius, he needs to get a room with Mykage. That'll solve all the problems.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-12, 01:04   Link #168
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
. And we still have the mourning marriage vision to arrange.
I think it kinda is already happening, because if you think about it, the vision, was both of them in mourning clothes, and Aquarion was in the background, they have killed people already, the Alicia and Izumo, and the other soldiers, in the other mechas. I think it already has come to true in that sense
Old 2012-06-12, 03:17   Link #169
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Did they ever tell us why Kagura and Mikono were the Forbidden Lovers? Or why Fudo was such a cockblock with Amata and Mikono, and no one else?
My main guess is because of the dog factor, the second is the generic "Kagura is from the dark side" -whatever that means-, though I fully expect the writers to have forgotten that scene by now and with the way things are handled have no intention whatsoever to explain who is forbidden to love who.

Fudo being a cockblock is probably another attempt from the writers to drag and stretch a weak romance for as long as the serie would last, because they didn't had much else to stuff the episodes with -although there was room for a lot of possibilities-.
Old 2012-06-12, 03:42   Link #170
Zuul

At this point, it really looks like the message is :

Love is a nasty thing that makes you suffer/act like a retard, that you should get rid of at all cost. (The only way I can make sense of all the crap Zessica has went through when all she did was fall in love).

Maybe Kawamori went through a bitter divorce or something like that.

It's a little sad.

Kawamori's self insert is Mykage/Touma. Not Zen.

Now I'm gonna clean my frustration/butthurt with some Sakimichi no Appollon goodness.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-06-12 at 04:42.
Old 2012-06-12, 07:14   Link #171
zero7090

U Y NO USE "I am your father" joke
Old 2012-06-12, 09:42   Link #172
Sixth
Hu Tao

What a sad episode. Amata finally meet his parents, only to see his parents got killed.

Kagura, Mikono and Mykage should die.

Amata should point his middle finger at the destiny, and mold his own destiny like being Emperor of Altair and find better girlfriend.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:33   Link #173
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
At this point, it really looks like the message is :

Love is a nasty thing that makes you suffer/act like a retard, that you should get rid of at all cost. (The only way I can make sense of all the crap Zessica has went through when all she did was fall in love).

Maybe Kawamori went through a bitter divorce or something like that.

It's a little sad.

Kawamori's self insert is Mykage/Touma. Not Zen.

Now I'm gonna clean my frustration/butthurt with some Sakimichi no Appollon goodness.
I'm kinda on the fence myself. Sometimes I think the show is a bit of a deconstruction. Other times I think it's just not handled well.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:13   Link #174
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I'm kinda on the fence myself. Sometimes I think the show is a bit of a deconstruction. Other times I think it's just not handled well.
Another theory is that Okada and the writting staff didn't like what Kawamori wanted to go.

For example one could think they didn't like the concept of third wheel having to suffer from unrequited love watching the main couple being all lovey dovey. So they decided to show Zessica's affection in a better light than Mikono's very vague feelings (we are supposed to gauge them on the behalf of how much more Shushu abuses Amata than the rest), and also gives her better romantic moment. Just to subtly crap on Kawamori's intentions.

And now we have Kawamori's interviews showing his butthurt about the lack of support the main couple get from the fandom.

If it's that I can understand the writters reaction. The way the main love drama is crafted is baaaaaaaaaad ( and it's probably Kawamori's doing). The writters are supposed to pull something satisfying out of it, but it's impossible. They get frustrated and finally decide to make things worse.

I cannot believe experienced writters could come up with something so underwhelming/irritating not knowing what they were doing, while they did a fairly decent job with secondary romance.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:15   Link #175
ReddyRedWolf

If indeed Fudo is a piece of Apollonius it is interesting Silvia and Mikono's impression of him.

To Silvia he is an ero-oyaji. To Mikono he is a damn know it all that infuriates her.

The way Celiane met Apollonius was on the battlefield. In episode 2 of Genesis of Aquarion Apollo being possessed by Apollonius after being bitten by Rena teases Silvia/Celiane about how she fights.

We know from Touma's lecture he considers Aquarion for intents and purposes Apollonius Wings of the Sun. This makes sense as we've seen Apollonius from the beginning guiding Apollo. What turns out he was wrong about was that Apollo was some spiritual remnant of Apollonius.

From the OVA Touma's last thought was the Aquarion embracing him. The Earth Revival Attack Mugen Punch killed him. That was enough to stop Apollo, Silvia and Reika's first attempt to revive life on Earth. Also OVA Touma was so sure Apollo was Apollonius that he used the reincarnations of Apollonius comrades for his plan to create a new species higher than Shadow Angels.

The epilogue implies the OVA Aquarion pilots just reincarnated.

Mykage isn't exactly Touma but a leftover manisfestation. He could be the very well be the anguish of Touma from both universes becoming its own being.

Mykage asked Fudo where his real body was and his current form was ugly. Remember Fudo and Touma never met face to face before.

Of the Genesis cast Fudo and Rena were the most enigmatic as their abilities and such predates the Great Incident. Not to mention they knew more than they on.
Old 2012-06-12, 12:32   Link #176
kuromitsu

Oh my god, and now we have the conspiracy theories, just like with Macross F (where they weren't true either but don't let that bother anyone). Yes, it must be the poor, oppressed staff struggling against Kawamori's evil orders! It can't be Okada Mari not being able to handle a cast this large, or just simply sucking at pacing. Naah. It must be Kawamori being evil/pathetic/unfairly biased towards his "OTP" (what?? lol)/anything that shows him in a bad light because he's not indulging some people's wishes about their favorite character.

(Never mind that there are still two episodes remaining, they can still get Zessica together with Amata just because whatever.)

I'm torn whether to read this thread purely for what seems to be developing here, or continue avoiding it so I don't feel an urge to comment...
Old 2012-06-12, 12:39   Link #177
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Another theory is that Okada and the writting staff didn't like what Kawamori wanted to go.

And now we have Kawamori's interviews showing his butthurt about the lack of support the main couple get from the fandom.
I would be *kinina------* to know what the creator has to say to its audience in defense of his "work".

"How can you not understand the beauty of puppy love? It's the one kind of love which doesn't need development! No extra work! He really was a dog all along you know? At least in MY head."
Old 2012-06-12, 12:42   Link #178
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Oh my god, and now we have the conspiracy theories, just like with Macross F (where they weren't true either but don't let that bother anyone). Yes, it must be the poor, oppressed staff struggling against Kawamori's evil orders! It can't be Okada Mari not being able to handle a cast this large, or just simply sucking at pacing. Naah. It must be Kawamori being evil/pathetic/unfairly biased towards his "OTP" (what?? lol)/anything that shows him in a bad light because he's not indulging some people's wishes about their favorite character.

(Never mind that there are still two episodes remaining, they can still get Zessica together with Amata just because whatever.)

I'm torn whether to read this thread purely for what seems to be developing here, or continue avoiding it so I don't feel an urge to comment...

It's not a question of heavy cast or pacing. The reason why Mikono and her relationship with Amata didn't get any development is that the plot structure requires her to do nothing until the very end. Now try to write a enjoyable lead/romance under those circumstances.

I hope all that dragging will at least leads to an epic end.
Old 2012-06-12, 13:09   Link #179
kuromitsu

Quote:
It's not a question of heavy cast or pacing. The reason why Mikono and her relationship with Amata didn't get any development is that the plot structure requires her to do nothing until the very end. Now try to write a enjoyable lead/romance under those circumstances.
...you do realize that Okada Mari is the head writer on this show, right? She's the script supervisor.

Also, this has so much to do with your little conspiracy theory/thinly veiled bashing up above...

OK, I think I'd better just avoid this place for the time being.
Old 2012-06-12, 13:28   Link #180
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
...you do realize that Okada Mari is the head writer on this show, right? She's the script supervisor.

Also, this has so much to do with your little conspiracy theory/thinly veiled bashing up above...

OK, I think I'd better just avoid this place for the time being.
I believe Kawamori comes up with the general line of the plot. Now maybe am I wrong, I was simply presenting a theory (which isn't even mine to begin with)trying to explain the main romance drama being suych a trainwreck. And a lot of other things being obvious troll-writting. I never presented it as a fact.

And please stop being so agressive toward me. I'm not personnally attacking you.
Closed Thread