AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-08-04, 15:44   Link #41
Joke

Send a message via MSN to Joke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
Joke:

Hey those aren't bad for a first try. You should have seen my first attempt at fan art (I did Vegeta from DBZ ). I like the eyes in the first one. And how come Kairin is so sad in the second picture?

If you want to take the path to becoming a great artist, you must know that the road will be long, and ardjuous. But then again, nothing worth doing is easy, right? Then again if you just want to draw in your spare time as a hobby, that works too.

One of the things I did when I first started was to copy drawings that other people did (professional anime guys). I tried to make them as close to the original as possible. So, I don't know if that's a path you'd like to take. Likewise, other people sometimes like to not copy at all and just draw originals right from the beginning. Either way is good I guess.

But the most important thing is to have fun doing it and not worry too much about it not looking right.

So thank you for choosing Kairin as your first fan art ever. It's an honour
I like your path so I will take that way to become alittle bit better, but i will never try to reach the "Great artist" part my self! so Im only doing this in my spear time as a hobby nothing els... maby if it turns out that i have a hidden talent i will go for somthing in that way

And I most say that i really like Kairin she is so cute
Joke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 18:55   Link #42
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Well it's that time of the month again! Wallpaper time! YAY!!! Now Jojo can stop nagging me to finish it. lol

As promised, I said I would draw Kairin in a bikini, and after many grueling hours of work I finally finished. I have to say that I wish I had a widescreen monitor right about now. It just looks much better not having to crop off so much of the background. But I digress...

So without furthur a due, I present bikini Kairin - the 128th wonder of the world!

Yes I know it's not a thumbnail (don't hurt me NightWish) I just wanted people to get a good first look at it.

Btw, the kanji at the top right says "Umi no Yakusoku" which means "Promise of the Sea" which is what I have come to call this wallpaper.

Once again, I hope you guys enjoy it. I worked hard on it for you guys.
Here are the links for the zip files:

http://www.azuremidnight.com/Wallpap...Widescreen.zip
http://www.azuremidnight.com/Wallpap...chStandard.zip

So as usual, I'll take a short break, then do some more Kairin art. No wallpapers for a bit since I want to just do some sketching. My next wallpaper will probably be chibi Kairin so watch out for that.

Btw, since I don't have a widescreen monitor, could the people who do please give me any feedback. Like if something gets cut off or what-not. I don't think it will since the resolutions are fine but, like I said, I can't check. Infact I got a new LCD monitor which replaced my old CRT (broke), and now 1280x1024 is my max res. Ah well!

As always, any comments/questions/critiques are always welcome!

EDIT: Fixed the preview pic. Okay the new Zips are now online. Thanks to Wao for pointing out my spelling mistake. So if you downloaded the old version, you can now get the correct version.

Last edited by Kiva128; 2006-08-09 at 08:57.
Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 05:21   Link #43
wao
OK.

Sorry for being absolutely and terribly anal, but "yakusoku" is written like this:

You forgot the right side of the bolded character (that is "yaku") which looks like
"勺".

In order to not make this a spam post here's a lousy 10 minute sketch complete with useless, idiotic wapanese writing around it!
Spoiler:

I guess I'll colour it... and then get back to work >:[
Old 2006-08-09, 06:48   Link #44
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Kiva128
Thanks for removing those awful and annoying dots (reps Kiva)...
She looks so much better now... hope your future work will look even better... and you won't go back to using the Buddhist-monk-dots
P.S. In the future... could you draw a Karin with a little more hair showing (but still nice and relaxing positions like the your latest masterpiece) and without the two pony tails... those things like the dots just look stressful (actually the dots looked painful )... well that’s just my opinion...
Old 2006-08-09, 08:03   Link #45
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Sorry for being absolutely and terribly anal, but "yakusoku" is written like this:

You forgot the right side of the bolded character (that is "yaku") which looks like
"勺".

In order to not make this a spam post here's a lousy 10 minute sketch complete with useless, idiotic wapanese writing around it!
Spoiler:

I guess I'll colour it... and then get back to work >:[
Argh! I'm so stupid. I was looking right at the kanji but I just forgot the other part cause I was called to eat. Now I gotta fix it and re-do all the resizing/cropping. Thanks wao. And don't worry about being picky. I actually want that since it helps me improve. And if you never said anything I might have not noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
@ Kiva128
She looks so much better now... hope your future work will look even better... and you won't go back to using the Buddhist-monk-dots
P.S. In the future... could you draw a Karin with a little more hair showing (but still nice and relaxing positions like the your latest masterpiece) and without the two pony tails... those things like the dots just look stressful (actually the dots looked painful )... well that’s just my opinion...
I appreciate your feedback but the dots aren't going anywhere. I can picture you sighing in disappointment right about now but it's part of the character. The reason she doesn't have them in the beach pic is because those dots are makeup she puts on when she wears formal things, like her fancy dress. So you won't see them if she's in a t-shirt or the like. Sorry but, that's the way it is. Even if the entire forum was against me, I don't think I'd change that aspect of her. And I didn't draw them with some religious undertones or anything. I put them in to make her more unique so if they mean something like she's a bhuddist or the like, that wasn't intended.

As for the hair, I like the pony tail thingies. Without them, what would seperate her from any other anime elf character? That doesn't mean I won't try new hairstyles of course but I'm not sure why you find them 'stressful'
Eruruu from Utawarerumono has only on and has a giant metal ring in it. Now that would be stressful.

So if you don't like the dots and pony tails, you can watch for the pics where I don't have them. Other than that what can I say? I can't make everyone happy. Some like the dots, some don't. Some like the hair some don't, some like the ears, etc.
I wish I could make a design that everyone likes, but there's no such thing. So I'll do the best I can.

Last edited by Kiva128; 2006-08-09 at 09:08.
Old 2006-08-09, 10:43   Link #46
wao
OK.

Oh that's okay really....

I think if people don't like the design very much they could try editing them out themselves or drawing their own one if they really wanted to... I dunno. It depends on people's attitude towards the mascot... is it the context (i.e. the typical kind of expressions and demeanour the mascot has in pictures) or small specific features (the exact face shape, the exact dress or decoration) that define the mascot?

I coloured the pic I did earlier but it totally doesn't fit into the image of Kairin. I just felt itchy... so here we go:
Old 2006-08-09, 11:10   Link #47
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I appreciate your feedback but the dots aren't going anywhere. I can picture you sighing in disappointment right about now but it's part of the character. The reason she doesn't have them in the beach pic is because those dots are makeup she puts on when she wears formal things, like her fancy dress. So you won't see them if she's in a t-shirt or the like. Sorry but, that's the way it is. Even if the entire forum was against me, I don't think I'd change that aspect of her. And I didn't draw them with some religious undertones or anything. I put them in to make her more unique so if they mean something like she's a bhuddist or the like, that wasn't intended.
Won't change no matter what ehh... that's the spirit
Well I'm so glad you took the time to write that... for some reason I thought those things were suppose to be holes or some dent... Karin looks a lot better in my eyes now (though I think you should change the colour... that bright red is evil ... maybe dark red is better...)
But still... I'm so glad that's just makeup...
Quote:
As for the hair, I like the pony tail thingies. Without them, what would seperate her from any other anime elf character?
What other anime elf character !?... I thought the fact that you made an elf was pretty unique and original ... besides... those ears would make any character special
When I think anime-elf Shuffle is the only anime that comes to mind...
Quote:
That doesn't mean I won't try new hairstyles of course but I'm not sure why you find them 'stressful' Eruruu from Utawarerumono has only on and has a giant metal ring in it. Now that would be stressful.
Eruruu's little ring thingy is cute... and I think that its more part of her outfit then her character...
But the two metal rings in Karins hair are just too much... ribbons would be so much better... and don't you try to deny the fact that they're not metal coz I saw the wallpapers on page 1 and those things look like they're made from the exact same stuff that her earrings are made of... (actually its also visible in the pic above)

Anyway... to answer your question... they look too tight... (especially in the wallpapers)... I can't even imagine how someone could put some of those things on and squeeze that much hair so tight ... and secondly... when I look at them (in the pic above for example) they just don't feel like hair... I mean they feel a little out of place (actually the one on the right looks really good but the one on the left look like its some hair extension she used)... and a little too long...
Well that's just my n00by criticism... feel free to ignore some of the stupid things I say... I sometimes just get carried away... your work is excellent BTW

Quote:
So if you don't like the dots and pony tails, you can watch for the pics where I don't have them. Other than that what can I say? I can't make everyone happy. Some like the dots, some don't. Some like the hair some don't, some like the ears, etc.
I wish I could make a design that everyone likes, but there's no such thing. So I'll do the best I can.
So that means your not just going to use the same Karin design over and over and over ... now I want to give you another green cookie ... damn these stupid forum safety systems...
Old 2006-08-09, 11:17   Link #48
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
So that means your not just going to use the same Karin design over and over and over ... now I want to give you another green cookie ... damn these stupid forum safety systems...
Of course.
Where's the fun in drawing the same thing over and over again? Next time I'll draw the ponytails without the beads in them. I actually wanted to do that with the swimsuit picture but I changed my mind.

Glad we got the dot thing cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Oh that's okay really....

I think if people don't like the design very much they could try editing them out themselves or drawing their own one if they really wanted to... I dunno. It depends on people's attitude towards the mascot... is it the context (i.e. the typical kind of expressions and demeanour the mascot has in pictures) or small specific features (the exact face shape, the exact dress or decoration) that define the mascot?

I coloured the pic I did earlier but it totally doesn't fit into the image of Kairin. I just felt itchy... so here we go:
The one you drew for the banner was a good Kairin. This one is kinda scary
And she doesn't have her elf ears.
Old 2006-08-09, 11:49   Link #49
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
omg you are a god it looks amazing...and very kawaiiiii!!!and oooh the detail!!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 13:02   Link #50
lavielove

Absolutely creative and detailed ^^;; wao, I will stab myself to death if you enter the next contest with this version of Kairin.

*me* run!
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 13:10   Link #51
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
@ Kiva128
Heh, I totally second that. I had to find some kind of circlet to somehow get rid of the dots without going against the official Kairin design policies. Now I feel like no need anymore for the circlet (which is a great plus) , since I want to promote her in my avatar. She's just too unknown in the forums.
Old 2006-08-09, 23:20   Link #52
wao
OK.

Quote:
The one you drew for the banner was a good Kairin. This one is kinda scary
And she doesn't have her elf ears.
I forgot the elf ears again....... (cannot resist but use "OTL" in this situation) ....well who cares. Yeah, here she looks like a hottie surfing bitch which totally doesn't fit with the original idea or the general personality of the forum I originally just drew whatever, realised I drew her forehead rather large, and therefore drew her originally looking angry at having a large forehead... then that sort of disappeared...

Here's something I was scribbling on a paper while watching NHK ni Youkoso 5... and decided to give it a slapdash colouring since it's fun (and I'm slacking off again too!). As you can see, I switch around a lot of styles... and the drawings all look slanted cos there is a fair gap between the chair and the table so what looks normal to me while drawing, is actually slanted.

black and white

edit: oh yes, thanks for the compliments lavielove Don't stab yourself to death though, it's too much of a waste...
Old 2006-08-10, 07:15   Link #53
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

I like your latest one a lot wao. Kairin has a cute hairstyle there.

You know what that particular drawing style reminds me of? If you've ever played Breath of Fire III or IV, it looks pretty close to the style of the official art. And Kairin for some reason reminds me of Nina and that blue haired person reminds me of Ryu.
Which is cool since I love the Breath of Fire series (BoF2 FTW!).

I see you're not hesitating to experiment so good job with that.

Last edited by Kiva128; 2006-08-10 at 07:41.
Old 2006-08-10, 08:16   Link #54
wao
OK.

I took a look at this Breath of Fire series you mention and you're right - I really like the look of the Breath of Fire III illustrations. They really fit in with the kind of style I seem to be veering a little more to recently. I'd like to draw like that someday.... It's not like I experiment though, I just can't decide on a style, seriously (there are some which I don't do if I don't want to though, like shoujo manga styles)

But her hairstyle here is a very obvious (subconscious?) ripoff of Silvia's hairstyle from Sousei no Aquarion .

P.S. I coloured one of the other guys whose head pokes into there and made it my avatar... I kind of like how this doodling turned out - usually I don't work well with that pen, too....
Old 2006-08-12, 19:45   Link #55
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

God this is a great moment. Finaly more Kairin kun skin is revealed. And what skin! Kiva your so close to being a master, more! more! exotic-moe Kairin sample! ^-^

Arigatoo!!
Old 2006-08-16, 13:30   Link #56
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Hi folks. Just dropping in with a quick sketch of Kairin. I wanted to try some new things (angles and such). I know there are lots of mistakes in it (hence the fact it's a sketch )

Anyways, here she is:

I may re-do this one so that it looks like high quality like my wallpapers, but I don't think I will for some reason.
We'll see.

Anyways, until next time!
Old 2006-08-17, 00:48   Link #57
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Strangely I love it. The angle is very striking and I love the pattern of her clothing. Most interesting of all is the expression on her face. This is a very serious, forward looking Kairin focused on the horizon. I love her like this. Even the very roughness of the artstyle adds to the impresison that she makes.

I'm hoping that you finish this drawing someday. But don't polish her too much.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 08:19   Link #58
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Nothing new here (yet).

But I just saw the new Halloween banner contest and I was thinking. If people wanted to use the Kairin beach picture, there's a flower in her hair which isn't very Halloween-ish. So I removed it and made the picture easier to edit with an all white background.

Hope that helps!
Old 2006-09-12, 15:35   Link #59
watery
¤ simply h0t baby ;D

hm i m new in this forum and i did browse this thread.. maybe i overread it but:

with which program do u color :O

i really like the beach picture - especially because u used colored lineart. it makes the picture have a nice warm touch.

(maybe for a halloween pic u can post one with dark outlines :< would fit better i guess)

cant wait for an xmas angel pic tbh

edit: omg the smiley i used looked angry .__." wanted just a normal smiley
watery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 15:53   Link #60
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by watery
hm i m new in this forum and i did browse this thread.. maybe i overread it but:

with which program do u color :O

i really like the beach picture - especially because u used colored lineart. it makes the picture have a nice warm touch.

(maybe for a halloween pic u can post one with dark outlines :< would fit better i guess)

cant wait for an xmas angel pic tbh

edit: omg the smiley i used looked angry .__." wanted just a normal smiley
Hehe...thanks for the kind words.

I used Photoshop to draw and colour all the pictures I did in this thread. No pencils or paper involved.

I'm glad you like my work. Keep an eye out since the next one coming should be...good.

Tags
kairin, wiki candidate