AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 19:53   Link #1081
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Considering Saten and Uiharu can just be killed off easily... ;____;
As they should be!
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 20:35   Link #1082
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
As they should be!
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!!
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 20:42   Link #1083
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Easy Shinhwa, not a fan of those two! (°o°;)
Old 2013-09-22, 20:49   Link #1084
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Easy Shinhwa, not a fan of those two! (°o°
I am not really a fan of them either except maybe Saten teasing Mikoto about Touma and thinking she is cute and such but they don't need to die DX

Index deserves to disappear or leave Touma though *RAGE*
Old 2013-09-22, 21:01   Link #1085
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
I am not really a fan of them either except maybe Saten teasing Mikoto about Touma and thinking she is cute and such but they don't need to die DX

Index deserves to disappear or leave Touma though *RAGE*
Never said they should die! But I don't expect miss Aero Hand Bat-san to be pulling any surprises and surviving!
Old 2013-09-22, 21:06   Link #1086
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Never said they should die! But I don't accept miss Aero Hand Bat-san to be pulling any surprises and surviving!
Being Saten hurts.... Q___Q

Even in the doujin world.... TwT
Old 2013-09-27, 14:53   Link #1087
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Because I can't post this in the episode 24 discussion because these would be clear spoilers hints/references:

By the way though, the reason I thought it was so amazing was because of Synesthesia.

What exactly would I think if I see Mikoto at a very high altitude? Take a guess It gave me the chills when I remembered that. It's all about synesthesia (LN 22)

What would I think if I see Mikoto in space after seeing the space elevator Endymion in the episode? Synesthesia. (Index movie)

What would I think if I see Mugino flashing beams in the middle of a giant battle ground while the rest of ITEM is there too and Takitsubou is giving directions to Mugino while Mikoto is also fighting? Synesthesia. (NT 7 heroes )

What would I feel if ... I think you should see my point by now... J.C. staff did that VERY well. SYNESTHESIA

What would I feel if I saw Kongou fighting when the other two girls were and Kongou used an ejection point... SYNESTHESIA... (Daihasesai arc getting mad for the first time)

What would I feel if I heard amazing music from previous seasons of Railgun... SYNESTHESIA.

What would I feel if I see LO + Accelerator SYNESTHESIA.

What would I feel if I see Saten in a giant mecha... Well clearly not Synesthesia, but it's something better!!!
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:54   Link #1088
Haigon

So... you liked because of the fan-service?
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:54   Link #1089
Ilidsor
Angelerator

A story needs more than nostalgia to be good.
Old 2013-09-27, 14:55   Link #1090
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
So... you liked because of the fan-service?
So he at least admits it was piss poor outside of the visuals!
Old 2013-09-27, 15:01   Link #1091
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I don't understand the scathing remarks lol.

I really didn't think it was bad. I was just saying the Synesthesia was what made it really good... The visuals were what I liked the most, that wasn't the only thing... After getting 3 hours of sleep 2 days in a row, how am I supposed to feel about it?
Old 2013-09-27, 15:07   Link #1092
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I don't understand the scathing remarks lol.

I really didn't think it was bad. I was just saying the Synesthesia was what made it really good... The visuals were what I liked the most, that wasn't the only thing... After getting 3 hours of sleep 2 days in a row, how am I supposed to feel about it?
First of all that's not what synesthesia means. That's just nostalgia. And secondly we're unhappy because you're ignoring any legitament criticisms for the arc in favor of going "OMG it's so good because of a few moments I just happen to like". We're not trying to be rude it's just getting kind of grating.
Old 2013-09-27, 15:12   Link #1093
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
For the people dissing study, you can have that opinion, but it really isn't the only one that exists. I don't care how obvious it is that they "suck," but for me after watching episodes 23, 24 after looking at it with an open mind, I saw that it really was a good arc. I'm shocked at people not even giving it a chance...

If you want to be sarcastic with your reply to this go ahead, but it won't actually mean anything.

The whole reason I think it is a good story is because STUDY isn't really that powerful and all it is, is a group of people who feel disenfranchised by Academy City. That's a pretty nice group of people to have as villains. If we don't really consider them as part of the darkness of Academy City and just as a summer project (lol the reference to Touma/Mikoto interaction) then it really is good.

They have interesting motivations and they are good characters. I actually like the story. It is well thought out and the twist was good.

I'm just shocked people are criticizing this literally because the first impression of AC's darkness is like it's a little kid zone where Mikoto's friends can survive. But that's the point. This is a summer school project. No wonder there is no retaliation. This isn't actually the darkness, it's the lowest level of the darkness. It's on the same level maybe as skill out? It's not that powerful. It doesn't mean it isn't good.

I just think people don't want to accept new storyline content from Railgun, only from Index unless they 100% know Kamachi gave it. Everything in this arc is canon, so for the people who are ignoring it... I find that silly.

Go ahead and disagree with me, but I for one enjoyed this arc and didn't think it was that bad. I read LNs and I also like this arc. It is possible to like both. And if you say it's because I'm stupid then fine, think that. You are entitled to your own opinion, and me to mine.
It's nothing personal. There are just blatant flaws throughout this arc and some things that just don't make sense. It's okay to like it, but to disregard it and go for a perfect rating is a bit much.
Old 2013-09-27, 15:13   Link #1094
Sumeragi
Banned

I see few legitimate criticisms. Only "Saint Mikoto/Kuroko" might be problematic.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 15:16   Link #1095
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
First of all that's not what synesthesia means. That's just nostalgia. And secondly we're unhappy because you're ignoring any legitament criticisms for the arc in favor of going "OMG it's so good because of a few moments I just happen to like". We're not trying to be rude it's just getting kind of grating.
Let me explain It's a good arc in the same way that Railgun I part II was a good arc. The last 3 episodes were great! If I ignore most of the content there and just look at the good things, then I see that there were a lot of good things there. (I liked most of the arc, but if you think about it this way it should answer most of your concerns...)

I know this doesn't make sense, but when I watch shows I always ignore the parts I don't like and just focus on the good parts so that I can get the most out of it. This is why I tend to be able to give very high reviews to shows other people don't like because I appreciate the good ideas that exist in shows even if there are a few of them because all of the bad points I could really just skip if I had to while watching an episode I know it's weird, but that's how I rate shows...

Finally, I have to say... it was Synesthesia.

I'm not talking about the fact that it was nostalgic of these things, like it made me remember the good old times, I'm referring to the fact that when I see these images in my head, my brain immediately thinks of the parts of these other volumes happening because I link flying in an epic manner for example with the Index series to that one scene with the helicopter in volume 22...

I link flying in space to that one scene in the Index movie... you know which one...

I link the rest of the things to what I specified for each scenario... so when I saw what was happening my brain basically just registered the same enjoyment I had for those other things. So it really felt great!

I agree there was some nostalgia in there, but the nostalgia was what made me enjoy it. The Synesthesia was what made me nostalgic in the first place

@Sumeragi... I kind of forgot that volume 22 had special air , but in reality Kuroko was holding her breath also Mikoto might just be able to not need to hold her breath or something??? I'm not really sure I'm sure it has something to do with her powers. Perhaps she uses her electricity to better store in herself the oxygen that she uses. It just doesn't help in the water because in the water she would just electrocute herself if she tried to do that to hold her breath?
Old 2013-09-27, 15:16   Link #1096
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I see few legitimate criticisms. Only "Saint Mikoto/Kuroko" might be problematic.
Well I haven't seen the latest episode but so far: the whole STUDY somehow bought out Anti-Skill thing, the completely nonthreatening villains, etc.

EDIT:

Quote:
Let me explain It's a good arc in the same way that Railgun I part II was a good arc. The last 3 episodes were great! If I ignore most of the content there and just look at the good things, then I see that there were a lot of good things there.

I know this doesn't make sense, but when I watch shows I always ignore the parts I don't like and just focus on the good parts so that I can get the most out of it. This is why I tend to be able to give very high reviews to shows other people don't like because I appreciate the good ideas that exist in shows even if there are a few of them because all of the bad points I could really just skip if I had to while watching an episode I know it's weird, but that's how I rate shows...
Again, that's what we dislike. You want us to completely ignore everything bad about the arc and only focus on the good stuff. That's not how most people watch stuff. I can't just pretend that stuff I didn't like didn't happen and that this is a perfect arc.

Quote:
Finally, I have to say... it was Synesthesia.

I'm not talking about the fact that it was nostalgic of these things, like it made me remember the good old times, I'm referring to the fact that when I see these images in my head, my brain immediately thinks of the parts of these other volumes happening because I link flying in an epic manner for example with the Index series to that one scene with the helicopter in volume 22...
Synesthesia "is a neurological condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway." (quote Wikipedia). It doesn't just mean seeing one thing and having that remind you of something else you like.
Old 2013-09-27, 15:19   Link #1097
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Well I haven't seen the latest episode but so far: the whole STUDY somehow bought out Anti-Skill thing, the completely nonthreatening villains, etc.
Those 2 things are explained next episode...
Old 2013-09-27, 15:22   Link #1098
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^How so? For once I don't care about spoilers. Also see my edit.
Old 2013-09-27, 15:23   Link #1099
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
the whole STUDY somehow bought out Anti-Skill thing
Money makes Academy City go around. STUDY could have easily bought out a Director who applied the pressure.

Quote:
the completely nonthreatening villains, etc.
To be blunt, I see it as viewers being pampered too much. Not all villians are some absolute evil/threat.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 15:30   Link #1100
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Money makes Academy City go around. STUDY could have easily bought out a Director who applied the pressure.
With what money?

Quote:
To be blunt, I see it as viewers being pampered too much. Not all villians are some absolute evil/threat.
What kind of excuse is that? Expecting good villains is not being pampered. Why should we let the writers get off with such sub-par work just because it's not strictly-speaking necessary? No one's saying they should be an absolute evil/threat as they are filler villains but wanting them to be at least partly entertaining or threatening is not "being pampered".