AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 17.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 27.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 17.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.66%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-24, 07:05   Link #41
Kristen
*Author

Well... that was a bit of a waste. Far too much comedy for the 1/3 way part in any Key show. They should've had this been like episode 2 instead of 4 if they wanted to. And now they should've started developing the serious plot.

Well, at least next week seems serious again based off the preview.

7/10 base, minus 1 for cutting out Lia, so 6.
Old 2010-04-24, 07:52   Link #42
DownloadingData

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

The change to the OP (one-episode only, probably) was nice, though just like the previous episode, the seiyuu for the actual character doesn't sing....... ( -_-)
Isn't that the case for Iwasawa as well? Both characters has a seiyuu and a singer.
Old 2010-04-24, 07:52   Link #43
kuro341
Lucky Star love anyone?

Nice OP, I am wondering is it a one-time op, (either with a new one next next or switching back top the old one or having a new OP) or are we going to stay with it. This episode was funny and I really started to like Yui! However, with this being the 4th out of 13 episodes I wonder what next week's episode is going to be like? I totally agree with Kristen that they have not start any major plot development. Also, we still do not know what Angel is. But I do not think that they (Key) can't still do this. I believe that this episode brought something interesting (or not) in the development of the story.
Old 2010-04-24, 08:06   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownloadingData View Post
Isn't that the case for Iwasawa as well? Both characters has a seiyuu and a singer.
Yes, and that's exactly what he said in his post. "Just like the previous episode"...

I don't know why they aren't just making the seiyuu sing. It's not like Kitamura Eri can't sing, and it would sound more natural than having someone else with a totally different voice sing for the character. I guess they might be planning to release a GirlsDeMo album, but even so...

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-04-24 at 08:20.
Old 2010-04-24, 08:23   Link #45
hero147

Yurippe's line at the end bothers me. Did she know Hinata would disappear?
Old 2010-04-24, 08:29   Link #46
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Yurippe's line at the end bothers me. Did she know Hinata would disappear?
Coincidental tongue in cheek. Considering her sharpness its probably just a pun.
Old 2010-04-24, 08:30   Link #47
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Yuri giving out her evil laugh (CHANNELING DA SAYA!) is enough to make this ep a win!

Also, given by Yuri's last sentence, she's becoming ruthless, wanting to rebel as much disregarding the amount of sacrifices.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2010-04-24 at 08:47.
Old 2010-04-24, 09:15   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Comedy - Piss freaking hilarious. XD

Drama - VERY jarring. But the twist at the end was just....XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Where's Kitamura Kou when you need him?
It had to be said.
Old 2010-04-24, 09:18   Link #49
Hallgaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Pretty much all comedy episode. They sure seem comfortable adding in semi-filler episodes with only a 13 episode season. -_-
I'm pretty sure i read there are at least 24 episodes (Maybe 26 but I'm not positive on the exact) confirmed, and a large chunk of them have already been completed. I really wouldn't call this filler, it was character/rule development episode so it's aloud to be a little goofy as a Key work. Key really likes for you to get attached to characters and think "Oh it'll be ok!" before they gut punch you.
Old 2010-04-24, 09:21   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm pretty sure this anime is more about the characters than plot so i don't think this was a filler episode...
Old 2010-04-24, 09:24   Link #51
KariOhki

Slayers Revolution had filler and it was also 13 eps (with a sequel season, but still, that one season had a "conclusion" at the end)

Baseball ep! Following cliches, it was obvious that the MC would get that "baka" team. I didn't mind the new op, but jeebus I don't like Yui/Deviloli. Plus her VA is Finnel from AT3, and I can't stop comparing the two.

But I guess following cliches, every show needs a ahoge hyper loli.
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
Old 2010-04-24, 10:21   Link #52
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

I am finding myself loving this show more and more. Really loved the Hinata and Yui interaction moments. That was golden. Can't wait for more of this.
Old 2010-04-24, 10:35   Link #53
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well that OP sucked. Yui barely moved at all. Just a bunch of stills inserted where Tenshi was and keeping the souls descending and ascending with the highlights of this ep in.

I hope watchers in Japan complain about that OP.

I want Tenshi's OP back.
Old 2010-04-24, 10:44   Link #54
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
Seems like the disappearance of one character per one episode has been thrown out the window. Although, it might start later on because of some unexpected writing and twist of all mighty, Maeda. Nevertheless, I had mix of joy and disappointment on Hinata's turn. I didn't see it coming that Yui pulled the "good end" trigger here.
Is it the good end?

Maybe it's not bad to disappear, at least that's what I would be thinking.

Isn't finding fulfillment usually a good thing?

Like Quantum Leap? "Set right what once went wrong!"

Or Groundhog day? Maybe Angel isn't behind people disappearing at all. Maybe she's just helping people deal with their past problems in a way different from Yuri.

That's what I'm thinking here.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-04-24, 11:18   Link #55
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
This ep... mainly humour with a little on Hinata. No mention of the punishment game at the end though.
Well, didn't she say only a punishment game for those who did worse than normal students? All the SSS teams beat the regular teams, only to lose to each other or Tenshi's team. I definitely wouldn't qualify her team as "regular", so Yuri likely doesn't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
A hip hop or version by TK?
Do want.
Old 2010-04-24, 11:54   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I'm surprised about the mixed reactions with this episode...in terms of enjoyment it really didn't feel that much different from the previous ones and in that I mean that I enjoyed this episode very much.

Yui definitely hits the "cute and funny" bone for me with her bakabaka personality but what makes it even better is Hinata giving the blatant moe moe moe blob a much needed back breaker, as a revenge to all those annoying moe blobs out there. The only difference here is that Yui is actually a likeable moe blob for me (shock, horror!) which unintentionally creates more hilarious irony for me

The scene with Yui going "yui nyan" had me rolling with laughter when the following scene had her back being dislocated by Hinata, gotta love the expressions ^^

Then there is otonashi and noda playing ball by themselves

But I was really worried that Hinata nearly disappeared at one point if it wasn't for Yui. I'm officially rooting for Hinata x Yui now! Can't have the best comedy pair disappearing so soon.

Also great opening! ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2010-04-24, 11:58   Link #57
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Where's Kitamura Kou when you need him?
I prefer Hiro, nasty fastball with a nasty splitfinger

I kinda disappointed i didn't see a Kazuya look alike this ep.

otonashi throws like a girl, he is man, he needs to throw overhand. Submariners are for girls softball.

As for Yui, i am beginning to think there is a bit more to that custom of hers.

and Yurippe needs to practice that laugh more.
Old 2010-04-24, 12:03   Link #58
orangejuicetang

Was it a submariner? It looked more like a side-throw (or whatever they're called, I haven't played baseball in a long time) to me.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2010-04-24, 12:51   Link #59
Velsy

Tenshi, this episode made her out to be a stuck up regular school pres. Not only does she assemble the best baseballers in the school (that I have no problem with) but the fact that she sits on the sideline and doesn't even play making it the baseball clubs only boys elite team. That really made me frustrated over Tenshi.

She should have had the decency of joining in. Hinatas team had girl players, girls who would even get out of the way of an incoming hit (not to be bias or rude, but most girls are like that). Have to say negative points for Tenshi this episode because she had no leadership over her team. She shouldn't even have turned up with the team. She should of been like Yurippe. I've liked Tenshi in previous episodes, except this one.

Moving on

Well I have mixed feelings about the characters disspppearing. I mean they are just so happy when the time comes, I mean Hinata had a second chance to make things right from his reallife stuff up. Iwasawa the same when she sung her heart out. The negatives I have is I will miss them from the anime when they are gone.

To say the truth I felt a little dissapointed with the ending. Not that Hinata didnt dissppear. It's just I wanted to see Otonashi snatch the catch! or push him out of the way. Yui's intervene I didn't like. It was rather silly. That sorta ruined it for me. Otonashi running and shouting dont dissapear was a great feel to it.

One great thing however. I really like how Otonashi's figured it out. He knows why they dissapear in an alternative way. He realized it when Iwasawa dissappeared.

If Hinata had dissappeared, I at least would of felt a little happy for him. yet sad hes gone.

Also good to see they are trying to keep the band alive. Tho Yui auditioning for the replacement singer ? I not so sure if she'd do any good. But she has a dedication for it

Velsy~

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2010-04-24 at 13:09.
Old 2010-04-24, 13:11   Link #60
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
LOL Shina's locked herself in that room with the broom for how long?

Like Yui's rock version of the OP.
I seriously died laughing when she revealed her "training" for that, it was so dam random, and yet impressive . Shiina is just great.

Also looks like Eri kitamura got the tsundere[though loli one] again after all , her character to me is now like some weird epic cross between Fuko, and Mayoi which makes her pure win[to me anyways].

New OP was different, and still good I like both version of the song.

Overall episode was enjoyable, and was surprised Yui 'saved' Hinata from disappearing.
MAL
Closed Thread

Tags
baseball