AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-19, 09:58   Link #461
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

My online experience is all lag lol, I haven't fought a single round with connection better than blue. I don't think I met any Singapore players as well.

Yesterday's tournament has some really good matches. Its a 2 man team tournament, my friend's team lost before the semi finals. His partner had the strongest Tager with perfect executions lost to the 2nd best player in Singapore, a Rachel player. He was able to take it to 5 rounds, but the Rachel is simply too strong. That Rachel player can execute the triangle jumping combo over and over again, doing forced cross-ups and stuff, he has superb arcade stick skills. They cheered for the Tager though the they lost and gets disqualified.

The Rachel then lost and got in 4th place when fighting an underdog Sol, he was cheered by the crowd. The Sol's team became 3rd place when they lost to a Haku-men player who came back from USA just in time. Haku-men's team lost to Singapore's top player, a Nu-13 who swept all competition.

What's most amazing was after the tournament when the machines were reset back to normal coin mode. There was a Bang player who wasn't in the competition who first put in his token. He then continued to defeat the tournament players one after another, even the Rachel player, he almost didn't lose a single round. I didn't see the end of his winning streak, I had to leave lol

That Bang was just insanely strong, he even uses Furinkazan regularly and executes an array of combos with it.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 10:34   Link #462
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not many people at my place even know about BlazBlue, so there are not many BlazBlue players around here. I wish I was there.

Is the tournament recorded?
Old 2009-07-19, 10:50   Link #463
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my. I'd love to see this Bang player in action. Do we have his name or nickname C.A.?
Old 2009-07-19, 10:53   Link #464
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Not many people at my place even know about BlazBlue, so there are not many BlazBlue players around here. I wish I was there.

Is the tournament recorded?
Yea it was recorded, not sure when they'll release it though.

The tournament wasn't really well organised, basically everyone just stands around the machines and watch them play. The players don't know when is their turn for their matches as well lol, had confusion all the time.

There were a decent number of players here, though incomparable to SF, KOF and Tekken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh my. I'd love to see this Bang player in action. Do we have his name or nickname C.A.?
I don't know who is he lol, I didn't see him play in the tournament as well, there were like zero Bangs.

Old 2009-07-19, 11:01   Link #465
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Wow sounded like a fun tournament experience. Too bad there is no such thing around my area. The only BlazBlue players I have to compete against at the moment (until I get my online working) are my two friends.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 11:11   Link #466
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

You can see the winners here: http://countered.blogspot.com/

Zer0kage the Haku-men player is the only person I've heard before lol

He's quite well known player I think, you can find him all over Youtube in lots of fighters.

He came back to Singapore from the USA just in time for this tournament.

Old 2009-07-19, 11:56   Link #467
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Zer0kage the Haku-men player is the only person I've heard before lol
Wow, didn't even know he's that popular. Have known him for a long time in HongFire. I should have thought about him since he's one active member of GG club in HongFire XD.
Old 2009-07-19, 18:39   Link #468
ZeroForever

Quote:
The Rachel then lost and got in 4th place when fighting an underdog Sol, he was cheered by the crowd. The Sol's team became 3rd place when they lost to a Haku-men player who came back from USA just in time. Haku-men's team lost to Singapore's top player, a Nu-13 who swept all competition.
Just to confirm when you said sol you meant ragna right?

either way sounds like a fun tourney.
Old 2009-07-19, 19:54   Link #469
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
Just to confirm when you said sol you meant ragna right?

either way sounds like a fun tourney.
Yea lol

I keep calling Ragna and Jin, Sol and Ky, even when I speak. No such problems for other characters though

@Duo, yea I remember him from Hongfire, I used to post there, but lacking of posting during National Service kind of made me out of sync to the forum.

His Haku-men was quite beastly, only losing to the champion's Nu-13.

Old 2009-07-20, 01:50   Link #470
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

That's why i call him Solgna. Everyone can get that, hehe.

There was a couple of matches of Blazblue in Evo, i only watched one, but i didn't think it was that great. The Nu-13 seemed a little off, the Noel was nice though.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 10:09   Link #471
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
It is hard to explain everything as the entire world is in a loop

Spoiler:
That wasn't what i was asking. i was asking about the dates of the events in the history of BlazBlue (eg.the year the Ikaruga Civil war started & ended, the birth of Arakune, Ragna's family was killed, etc)
Old 2009-07-20, 10:50   Link #472
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Does the Ranked Match system have any criteria whatsoever if you select Quick Match? I'm assuming no since at lv 6 I was matched up against a lv 52 Tager player (ouch) and nearly all the others have been at least 20 levels above me. I find it kind of amusing that my record is something like 5-5 but I'm lv 12 just because every time I manage a win I jump multiple levels since everyone else is so far above me. I did try Custom Match with "Players of Similar Skill Level" but that wasn't really any better, either got no matches or still people 20 levels above me.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 11:26   Link #473
ZeroForever

Pretty sure % win is the greatest contributing factor but honestly no clue on how it's determined. As noted up until like the 20's it's pretty easy to level simple cause one win against someone higher is like 1 to 8 levels gained.
Old 2009-07-20, 17:21   Link #474
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Good match this morning C.A. At least you manage to pull out a nice combo whereas I'm only trying out random moves with button smashing on my stick.That single win over you was by sheer luck, IMO.

PS :- Did you manage to get a stick like you said you would ? Know someone online who could build one out of scratch using Sanwa's locally at $170++.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 18:01   Link #475
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

It was fun lol, its the first time I saw a delay better than purple, it was yellow for me.

Because it was lag free I tried some stuff and died lol, but any win is a win. If I can't block 'random' moves, its only because my blocking skills are weak.

I haven't gotten a stick yet, my friend told me of a well priced HRAP, but he forgot where he saw that.

I may also skip buying one since my school is at Bugis, I'm going to practice at the arcades there daily for the next 4 years lol

Old 2009-07-20, 18:45   Link #476
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I remember I had an regular HARP, Tekken 5 arcade stick and even tried my friends arcade sticks. I didn't like the feel of them. So I just had byrdo make me an custom one. It was alot of money but it was well spent in my opinion.

Here's an picture of mine.

http://byrdo.org/Album149.htm

I'm pretty much using Noel more often now. Got her loop combo and setups pretty much down now. Just don't like how some of my friends are hating on my character since I use her properly and I don't even spam D.
Old 2009-07-20, 19:48   Link #477
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
What's most amazing was after the tournament when the machines were reset back to normal coin mode. There was a Bang player who wasn't in the competition who first put in his token. He then continued to defeat the tournament players one after another, even the Rachel player, he almost didn't lose a single round. I didn't see the end of his winning streak, I had to leave lol

That Bang was just insanely strong, he even uses Furinkazan regularly and executes an array of combos with it.
Must have been epic with his theme song blazing out every time he used Bang Install.
Old 2009-07-20, 22:38   Link #478
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

About the Bang player, I think I have an idea who he is:

Watch this, read the comment.

Then watch this grand final match of a previous tournament here in Singapore.

The Nu is Singapore's No.1 Blazblue player, the Bang should be the godly Bang player I saw.

EDIT: If this is the Bang player I saw, he has either further improved and mastered Furinkazan recently.

Old 2009-07-20, 23:31   Link #479
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Amazing. I've had 3 people disconnect against me in ranked matches within the last half hour. Yeah maybe Jin doesn't take a whole lot of skill to do decently with but if I'm winning with double perfects it kinda calls into question who really sucks. I never do that crap, not even when my supposed main is getting defeated repeatedly by lv 1s and icecar-spamming Jins (I don't just do this, I mix it up a bit which is why I think I'm winning, people don't seem to expect anything else).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 01:39   Link #480
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I remember I had an regular HARP, Tekken 5 arcade stick and even tried my friends arcade sticks. I didn't like the feel of them. So I just had byrdo make me an custom one. It was alot of money but it was well spent in my opinion.

Here's an picture of mine.

http://byrdo.org/Album149.htm

I'm pretty much using Noel more often now. Got her loop combo and setups pretty much down now. Just don't like how some of my friends are hating on my character since I use her properly and I don't even spam D.
It's such unusual to see someone using Noel and not spamming... You have to understand, hehe.

I'm getting way better with Greatchel... Finally doing some nice combos, but still needs to improve my air combos... A lot. Either way, i think i'm finally getting the handle of the character. I don't think i can win against you yet but hey, we're getting there, hehehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360