AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-11, 02:42   Link #61
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, it's definitely not a "bodily love"... not yet at least... more like a platonian romance relationship I guess... something like in Kiddy Grade, and maybe .hack//SIGN...

It's safe to say that Koichi loves lesbian overtone a lot I guess
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 05:30   Link #62
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, it's definitely not a "bodily love"... not yet at least... more like a platonian romance relationship I guess... something like in Kiddy Grade, and maybe .hack//SIGN...

It's safe to say that Koichi loves lesbian overtone a lot I guess
It seems that if some people look for sexual connotations they will find it. I think the only possible saphic aspect to Noir was Chloe's kiss, but I think even that was a tender act of 'joining'. Chloe and Kirika are sole mates, since the beginning, their bond was ethereal and the kiss was more like 'self love' than anything else.

That aside, Noir is an imperfect masterpiece.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 06:07   Link #63
dreamless

Well it's nothing "sexual", but more like "spiritual" and "emotional"... but then how often do we see real "sexual" relationships even between male and female leads in animes (excluding hentai animes of course)? Take for example, the relationship between Van and Hitomi in Escaflowne, there's also nothing sexual between them... Yanagi and Recca in Flame of Recca? Nothing sexual neither. Seiya and Athena in Saint Seiya? Not in a million years

It'd be hard to find real sexual relationship in normal shounen animes, not to mention shoujo-ai animes. I think the best way to describe them is that they are "companions of a lifetime" or something, as in Noir and Kiddy Grade...
Old 2004-08-11, 07:02   Link #64
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well it's nothing "sexual", but more like "spiritual" and "emotional"... but then how often do we see real "sexual" relationships even between male and female leads in animes (excluding hentai animes of course)? Take for example, the relationship between Van and Hitomi in Escaflowne, there's also nothing sexual between them... Yanagi and Recca in Flame of Recca? Nothing sexual neither. Seiya and Athena in Saint Seiya? Not in a million years

It'd be hard to find real sexual relationship in normal shounen animes, not to mention shoujo-ai animes. I think the best way to describe them is that they are "companions of a lifetime" or something, as in Noir and Kiddy Grade...
Well, the previous posts were concerned with the supposed sexual aspects of Kirika and Mirielle's relationship. I was merely suggesting if you look for it you will find it, whether it exists or not, as their relationship was purposefully vague at best. There's a lot open to interpretation between the main three characters, but only Chloe's kiss has any definate connotations.
Old 2004-08-11, 08:11   Link #65
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Well, the previous posts were concerned with the supposed sexual aspects of Kirika and Mirielle's relationship. I was merely suggesting if you look for it you will find it, whether it exists or not, as their relationship was purposefully vague at best. There's a lot open to interpretation between the main three characters, but only Chloe's kiss has any definate connotations.
Hmm... where do you find the "supposed sexual aspects"? you mean in previous pages months back? The recent previous posts said nothing about "sexual" aspects of Kirika and Mirielle's relationship, eternal asked "Is Kirika in love with mireille?" and I think there's nothing "sexual" in it. And the answer to the question is a resounding yes imo since Kirika clearly expressed that she loved Mirielle in the last letter she gave her. Anyway were you replying to me post or not? it could be kinda confusing

but then there are indeed some suggestive scenes that's open to interpretation for sure... as Fellini posted...
Old 2004-08-11, 08:29   Link #66
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hmm... where do you find the "supposed sexual aspects"? you mean in previous pages months back? The recent previous posts said nothing about "sexual" aspects of Kirika and Mirielle's relationship, eternal asked "Is Kirika in love with mireille?" and I think there's nothing "sexual" in it. And the answer to the question is a resounding yes imo since Kirika clearly expressed that she loved Mirielle in the last letter she gave her. Anyway were you replying to me post or not? it could be kinda confusing

but then there are indeed some suggestive scenes that's open to interpretation for sure... as Fellini posted...
Yeah sorry, I was responding to Fellini's comments. Most specifically ...

Quote:
Another is in NYC when Mireille gets up from bed in that nightgown; Kirika's eyes are definitely open for interpretation.
...suggestive or 'sexual' connotation? Same thing if you ask me in this context i.e. does Kirika harbour lustful feelings for Mirielle. I don't think she does. I think she loves her without a doubt. But it's the love of close friends. It may be intimate in one respect, but not sexual.

Let's not get into semantics though.
Old 2004-08-11, 13:20   Link #67
Khi

I read an essay on this whole relationship between Kirika/Mireille/Chloe, it's an interesting read
Khi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 17:01   Link #68
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I just finished watching Noir, and it was simply amazing. The story did progress slowly, but for some reason it still kept me enthralled and I just couldn't stop watching. There were some things that bothered me like the excessive flashbacks, but in retrospect those were built up very nicely towards the real revelation of what happened. The gunfights are a bit cliche (the bad guys never seem to be able to hit anything), but that didn't really bother me and I did generally like the action especially some of the near superhuman feats of agility and crafty moves by Kirika.

Spoiler:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 17:33   Link #69
dreamless

personally, this is what I think
Spoiler:

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-08-11 at 18:11.
Old 2004-08-11, 17:33   Link #70
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
I just finished watching Noir, and it was simply amazing. The story did progress slowly, but for some reason it still kept me enthralled and I just couldn't stop watching. There were some things that bothered me like the excessive flashbacks, but in retrospect those were built up very nicely towards the real revelation of what happened. The gunfights are a bit cliche (the bad guys never seem to be able to hit anything), but that didn't really bother me and I did generally like the action especially some of the near superhuman feats of agility and crafty moves by Kirika.

Spoiler:

It's been a while since I watched it, but wasn't it implied that...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-11, 17:57   Link #71
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
It's been a while since I watched it, but wasn't it implied that...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 18:09   Link #72
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Spoiler:
Yep...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-11, 18:37   Link #73
dreamless

but still
Spoiler:

And I always think
Spoiler:

Still the main plot is imo mediocre at best, especially with the repeated
Spoiler:
Personally I love a lot of the "side plots" in Noir much much more than the main plot...

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-08-11 at 19:11.
Old 2004-08-11, 18:40   Link #74
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-11, 18:53   Link #75
dreamless

actually I think
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-11, 18:57   Link #76
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Argh I'll have to rewatch the whole thing just so I can fill in some of the blanks... I'll let this sink in a while first though, don't wanna OD on this stuff.
Old 2004-08-11, 19:33   Link #77
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
actually I think
Spoiler:
Well...
Spoiler:
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 19:54   Link #78
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Well...
Spoiler:
Hmm... but
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-11, 20:16   Link #79
guess

Quote:
I wouldn't have been surprised if it was a pre-planned memory 'trigger' considering Altena's bias toward Chloe and Kirika was pretty obvious.

Ironic, in the end, that Mirielle made it to the Manor with sheer nerve rather than being 'engineered' by Altena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
I still wonder if it was really Altena's intention all along to get Mireille and Kirika teamed up, since she could have avoided this possibility altogether.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
That’s why I love this… cliché. This is one of the cliché that is SO VERY EASILY said than done. Sure everyone knows about it but how many have actually done it, not to mention to the extend that Kirika takes? Even more importantly, if they are to face this situation, very few people can actually do it. But Kirika did.
Old 2004-08-11, 20:32   Link #80
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
That’s why I love this… cliché. This is one of the cliché that is SO VERY EASILY said than done. Sure everyone knows about it but how many have actually done it, not to mention to the extend that Kirika takes? Even more importantly, if they are to face this situation, very few people can actually do it. But Kirika did.
I guess very few people can actually do it because very few people are actually stupid enough to do it, and that no people live in anime... not to mention as anime protagonists...

I mean, if you do that kind of things in real life, you'll most likely end up dead with your enemies laughing over your corpse... about whether everyone knows about it, I'm not sure, I myself don't particularly agree with that kind of logic (or philosophy, or reasoning, or whatever)

In the end the only thing it proved is that it's very hard to kill an anime main protagonist