AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 10:26   Link #761
dark998

crossing field sounds great.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 11:06   Link #762
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
*jumps into time machine and warps herself to the day the first episode airs*

Best anime of 2012, no doubt. :3
As long as the anime doesn't stray too far from how the story went down in the L/Ns, it may very well end up being just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
that one is just the voice that was made before this anime....
seiyuu of SAO voice with the anime are all different, yet I still think that those voices are good enough....
and I guess it's not a fanmade but rather an official one since Kawahara Reki took part in making this too
Ah, so that's what it is. Thanks. The art is pretty nice too..

Kawahara took part in making it..? I guess he really wanted SAO to get an anime adaptation, huh. ;3
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 23:26   Link #763
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hmm, out of curiosity, is the novel series still running? Curious as to how far it will go, though I've heard talk from people saying we might get the first four volumes. I rather hope not too much is cut out, but if the author is consulting then I'd imagine that might ease things.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 23:36   Link #764
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Hmm, out of curiosity, is the novel series still running? Curious as to how far it will go, though I've heard talk from people saying we might get the first four volumes. I rather hope not too much is cut out, but if the author is consulting then I'd imagine that might ease things.
Yep, it's still running. It's up to 9 volumes at the moment, with the next volume coming out soon.
Old 2012-07-05, 23:47   Link #765
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Also, that trailer is a thing of awesomeness. Starts off serious and depressing and with a bit of grim darkness to the whole thing, as well as the forceful abandoning of illusions, a feeling of overwhelming soul-crushing darkness.

Then the OP kicks in, the main characters counterattack, Kirito and Asuna perform a combo attack, and the viewer is reminded that this is not a grimdark show, it's a show that believes in Earn Your Happy Ending.
Great description of the trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Kawahara took part in making it..? I guess he really wanted SAO to get an anime adaptation, huh. ;3
I remember reading an ANN article of the author giving a lecture that he writes his novels like their were an anime script. Apparently he's genre savvy to know his works might be animes in the future so why not make it easier for the studio to adapt it.
Old 2012-07-05, 23:51   Link #766
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Yep, it's still running. It's up to 9 volumes at the moment, with the next volume coming out soon.
Thank you.

Any official releases or just fan translations? Though I suppose novels have never been too successful over in the west for some reason or at least it seems that way.

Always curious with anime based on still running novels. Mainly as to whether the novel series has any end in sight or not and what it might mean for future seasons.

If this turns out well and is successful, then hopefully we'll be seeing more of it in the future. Or not. But I'm rambling, sorry.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2012-07-06, 00:30   Link #767
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

All the novels have been released as fan translations. Currently there's 9 Volumes out.

[mod edit: details about the novels removed; this can be discussed in the novel thread]

Give everything that's going on, it seems likely that Volume 1-4 will be adapted for the anime, to give time for the rest of the story to unfold - I'm quite sure the author and the production team don't want a repeat of the Season 3 Rurouni Kenshin fiasco (where season 1 (Tokyo) was good, S2 (Kyoto Arc) was fucking awesome and S3 was horrible.)

Edit: Rewatching the trailer, Kayaba's voice sounded really familliar, so I looked up the cast list on ANN. Turns out he's voiced by Koichi Yamadera, aka Kaji, aka Togusa, aka Briareros, aka a great many leading men. Listening to his voice and how he addresses the players, I get a vibe of Togusa channelling some of the more hammy villains from Ghost in the Shell.

...also, from some angles, Cline's look really reminds me of Solid Snake.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-06 at 02:01. Reason: Novel discussion does not belong in this thread...
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 03:01   Link #768
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Always curious with anime based on still running novels. Mainly as to whether the novel series has any end in sight or not and what it might mean for future seasons.

If this turns out well and is successful, then hopefully we'll be seeing more of it in the future. Or not. But I'm rambling, sorry.
In a manner of speaking SAO is already "finished", since the original web novel was already completed. The author is rewriting script from the web version for the published version however, so in that sense it's also still running :P

People that are familiar with the web version seems to think SAO will end up with around 14~ish volumes when all is said and done, so there are plenty of materials for future seasons if this one does well I imagine
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 07:59   Link #769
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

have there been any changes to the original web novel regarding the publication?
(yes/no many/few, i dont want spoil myself)
Old 2012-07-06, 08:29   Link #770
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
have there been any changes to the original web novel regarding the publication?
(yes/no many/few, i dont want spoil myself)
From what I gather after going through the entire novel thread, there have been no significant changes in the first 9 published volumes. However, it appears that author has indicated he's making some changes in the upcoming 10th publication.

Anyway, I hope they do this series well, I really liked .hack, so it's nice to see another animated series in a similar vein come out.
Old 2012-07-06, 08:38   Link #771
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I remember reading an ANN article of the author giving a lecture that he writes his novels like their were an anime script. Apparently he's genre savvy to know his works might be animes in the future so why not make it easier for the studio to adapt it.
Oh, that's an interesting tidbit of information. That's actually quite smart of him; I'm surprised other authors don't do this. Anyway, it's yet another reason to believe that the anime adaptation will be very good.
Old 2012-07-06, 08:47   Link #772
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
In a manner of speaking SAO is already "finished", since the original web novel was already completed. The author is rewriting script from the web version for the published version however, so in that sense it's also still running :P

People that are familiar with the web version seems to think SAO will end up with around 14~ish volumes when all is said and done, so there are plenty of materials for future seasons if this one does well I imagine
Ah, well that is interesting. I wasn't aware of that particular model of doing things. Did it have any particular length originally or was the web version not organized the same way?

Indeed, that would be quite a lot, though I can't recall any anime based on a novel that has ever followed the series to its conclusion. Usually, they end up either just ending with no end in sight or making significant changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
From what I gather after going through the entire novel thread, there have been no significant changes in the first 9 published volumes. However, it appears that author has indicated he's making some changes in the upcoming 10th publication.

Anyway, I hope they do this series well, I really liked .hack, so it's nice to see another animated series in a similar vein come out.
Hmm, curious how far off the rails he may go then.

Indeed, though it does seem to be shaping up alright from the looks of things. I think the only thing to worry about would be the pacing at this point. The story was always one of the best parts about .hack. Always would have liked to see a full series adapting the original game storyline, though the various media did make it all interesting.

Old 2012-07-06, 10:36   Link #773
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So..... it will soon be July 7th to those living in the East. Is it gonna air now or a later time?
Old 2012-07-06, 10:42   Link #774
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It's still only the 6th here, turning into 7th at midnight in 20 minutes. There's still more than 24 hours left before it airs.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 11:02   Link #775
Ray
Garnet

Woo~ SAO got it's own sub-forum; man, that was quick.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:05   Link #776
ninja_pintu

Well, it was going to get one anyway, better sooner than later
Old 2012-07-06, 11:27   Link #777
OPN

Aw yeah we got a sub forum for SAO .
Old 2012-07-06, 11:29   Link #778
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It's funny how the first episode isn't even out yet and in some forums people are already crying out for a season 2...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 13:18   Link #779
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
It's funny how the first episode isn't even out yet and in some forums people are already crying out for a season 2...
I'm more amused that it got its own forum before the first episode started and the thread got enough topics per episode to deserve a separate forum. Guess now if someone asks for a separate forum and a moderator says they need to wait and see if there is enough discussion, we can point at this.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 13:39   Link #780
larethian

Oh my, look at all these advanced thread creations. I can't imagine what will happen for Mahouka (if the LNs ever get translated before anime adaptation)
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, shounen