AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-08-04, 01:48   Link #21
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

I reserved mines long ago... I was going to pre-pay my copy, but I didn't have enough cash to do so...

So, um... Recap of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness anyone???

One of my favorite Disgaea 1 scene...
Spoiler:
~Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 03:33   Link #22
Bridget
I'm a boy, darnit!

Send a message via AIM to Bridget
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tsukuyomi
I reserved mines long ago... I was going to pre-pay my copy, but I didn't have enough cash to do so...

So, um... Recap of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness anyone???

One of my favorite Disgaea 1 scene...
Spoiler:
KWA! Kawaii ne! ^_^ I loves Flonne....not as much as the Remittance Man, though.
Fun fact, actually...The Remittance Man is, in fact, a Woman. Funny old world, ain't it? She was trolling as a gay guy. She does that a lot...on Gaia and such.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 22:59   Link #23
Laharu
mao de makai

Send a message via AIM to Laharu Send a message via MSN to Laharu
2 weeks exactly until it comes out! ^__^
Laharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 14:11   Link #24
UGPnam

I's coming out today! Just need to wait for a call 'bout my pre-order.
UGPnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 14:05   Link #25
Laharu
mao de makai

Send a message via AIM to Laharu Send a message via MSN to Laharu
yay! i got all of the stuffs that came along with the pre-order. That being the OST and the Original Art Books (in japanese) fwahahaha!

Disgaea = <3
Laharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 14:46   Link #26
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laharu
yay! i got all of the stuffs that came along with the pre-order. That being the OST and the Original Art Books (in japanese) fwahahaha!

Disgaea = <3
Gah! Why weren't these pre-order extras better publicized?!
Old 2006-09-01, 22:15   Link #27
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Ok the story goes like this, I call all around Hamilton, Ontario asking if anyone has a copy of Disgaea and nobody apparentely has it, so I'm downtown later that day before work and I'm in Jackson Square a mall (Vertical City practically) in the downtown core and I think what the hell I'll browse around Microplay and see whats there. I had called Microplay earlier that day and they said they didn't have Disgaea, but what should I find but two copies sitting side by side in the display case in plain goddamn site for everyone to see and I yell over at the guy behind the counter, "There, That Game, NOW!" because I was a little excited and then I let him have it for being incompetent and not even bothering to literally look straight down when I called, and berated him on how he pretty much almost cost the store a sale because I was lucky to be there that day and almost didn't bother to stop by.

I also managed to track down copies of every game from the Makai series including La Pucelle, Makai Kingdom and Phantom Brave. Hopefully now that they know of Disgaea's cult hit status they'll make more copies this time around.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 22:18   Link #28
UGPnam

Ahhhh! Haruhi Kirby!

Just finished Chapter 6, my eyes are starting to bleed.

I also wanna try Makai Kingdom 2 and Phantom Brave 2 (More of a remake than anything)
Old 2006-09-01, 22:43   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGPnam
Ahhhh! Haruhi Kirby!

Just finished Chapter 6, my eyes are starting to bleed.

I also wanna try Makai Kingdom 2 and Phantom Brave 2 (More of a remake than anything)
Said games do not exist.

Disgaea 2 wasn't even out when I went to check the EB near my place of work yesterday.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 01:08   Link #30
UGPnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Said games do not exist.

Disgaea 2 wasn't even out when I went to check the EB near my place of work yesterday.
Typo on Makai, but PB 2 does exist, just not yet. It's supposed to feature the regular game with a New Game + and extra bosses. Or so rumors say.

Edit: Maybe it got delayed over there :P
Old 2006-09-02, 11:17   Link #31
Jeiku

I really want to look into this and I'm already excited that a certain character from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is in this game (guess who...). I just recently bought the first game right before the release date of Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories... but I may want to wait on this sequel until I can get enough out of its predecessor. And what's even better, Atlus isn't even part of this game's American licensing, meaning chances are it won't sell out on shelves in just a couple of months. I'm just hoping it won't achieve the same level of rarity of the original Disgaea soon...
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 23:01   Link #32
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Anyone get the strategy guide for Disgaea 2? That thing is BEEFY! 640 Pages! . Been having a blast with it so far, they fixed alot of the things that bugged me about the first game. You get xp for healing , in fact I think my cleric outleveled Adell that way heh. Totem attacks are cool, so are the team attacks. You dont get screwed for doing combos. So far I dont really care for Adell or Rozalin as characters, but Im still really early into the game. I think I like Adell's mom the best .

As for Phantom Brave 2 in the strat guide for Disgaea 2 there is an interview that says "At the current we do not have any plans to release a sequel to Phantom Brave, but you never know. If there is enough demand we will definitely consider it." So start demanding I guess . No idea when the interview took place so maybe things have changed since.

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 22:05   Link #33
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeiku
I really want to look into this and I'm already excited that a certain character from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is in this game (guess who...). I just recently bought the first game right before the release date of Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories... but I may want to wait on this sequel until I can get enough out of its predecessor.
Recommendation from someone who's played both: Do Disgaea 1's story mode fully then get Disgaea 2. 2 has pretty much everything 1 had in the postgame and a ton more, whereas Disgaea 1 was mostly just a timesink for about 5 extra maps that was fun to do purely because the item world ruled. D2 has more like 10, 2 variants of the entire set of storymaps with extra challenging aspects, the dark assembly IN items, and so much other stuff it's hurting my brain to think about all of it.

On the last chapter now and I've got to say I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. Having not played a NIS game in ages (played a few chapters of the Japanese Disgaea 2 then before that it was Makai) the nostalgia aspect plus the sheer amount of stuff to do makes this seem like a great way to kill a month of my life. Music's fantastic, story's great, dub's so good I've ignored the Japanese voice option for it (the game's just not the same without Tink's dub voice ) and... yeah.

Bandersnatch, wait on Rozalind. I wasn't THAT fussed on her about one event later changed my mind

As for character and story spoilers (up to where I am, don't check until you're at least on the final chapter). You've been warned:
Spoiler for Up to, but not including, the final chapter:
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 22:15   Link #34
ImperialPanda

Odd question for anyone that has the JP ver....

In the innocent town of item world, one NPC I talked to said, "The criminal... is YOU!" Or something like that. Is this a reference to Kunkun tantei?
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 13:58   Link #35
UGPnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch
As for Phantom Brave 2 in the strat guide for Disgaea 2 there is an interview that says "At the current we do not have any plans to release a sequel to Phantom Brave, but you never know. If there is enough demand we will definitely consider it." So start demanding I guess . No idea when the interview took place so maybe things have changed since.
As I said, it's just the original. with a New Game+ Ability and extras.
Old 2006-09-04, 16:38   Link #36
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda
Odd question for anyone that has the JP ver....

In the innocent town of item world, one NPC I talked to said, "The criminal... is YOU!" Or something like that. Is this a reference to Kunkun tantei?
LOL! Proabably, not. But it'd be funny if it were. :x

I can't wait to FORCE my dad to buy this GAME! Grrr...

If you'd like to download the ENTIRE soundtrack for free online, PM/email me. I'll give the link. (Or, if it doesn't exist anymore, I can give you the songs.)

*dances to sinful rose (tsumi na bara) like a funky monkey!!!*
Old 2006-09-04, 17:26   Link #37
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You know what's sad? Buying a game just for collection's sake, with no intention of playing it.

You know what's even sadder? Pre-ordering the said game just because it had goodies.

Both are true in my case. ^^;

Hey, what can I say? I love omake stuff as much, sometimes even more than the game itself (such as this case). Damn you Working Designs, this is all your fault!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 15:06   Link #38
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
So like, the OP is absolutely awesome. Both the song and the animation.
Old 2006-09-07, 09:43   Link #39
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Disgaea 2 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

It's everything Disgaea was and better.
Up to Chapter 8 now
Old 2006-09-08, 09:41   Link #40
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Disgaea 2 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

It's everything Disgaea was and better.
Up to Chapter 8 now
Pretty much.

Currently about 50 hours in with a L1300 Etna, hoorah. I take it the reason this topic's dead is that everyone's horribly addicted to the game. Can't say I blame them
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote