AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-10-06, 23:42   Link #20301
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
First of all, it should be impossible to connect to another universe through the internet. I'm sure we would have known by now if we could.

More likely, Yuuki turned himself into an interuniversal router/modem leaving the PC as an interface for the team to use.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 23:44   Link #20302
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Widescreen shouldn't be a problem. I was assuming it was pretty advanced. But who knows. Kaisos assumes it is seting in 2007 and Kyon/ko are not savy enough to know by look which one is the mos advanced (exept that LCD > CRT).
I assume 2003-04, when the novels were first written, actually.

Quote:
I assumed he was using himself as a 'computer'. And the router was for the school lan right? There are probably more (crapy) computers there, and all needs internet. The computer being mostly to show the image... But, now I think on it, then to PC itself shouldn't be necessery. Just the monitor (also pluged in Yuuki's veins... iiierk)
Most of the school computers would run Windows 2000, given that the Computer Club's "newest model" ran XP.

The reason Nagato needs the entire setup is mostly because he needs something with a screen and an internet connection, and it's easier for him to physically connect with that particular type of cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
Umm... I'm not sure if that would work via a standard router. Wouldn't it make more sense with a Yuuki--->Computer--->Router--->Wall configuration? Also, I've never seen a router that accepts RJ-25 cable, though that doesn't mean they aren't out there...
What, a cable like this? That's what my router uses.

Maybe we're talking about different kinds of routers, or something.

...Hmm. Maybe I'll just change it to them having him plugged into the PC itself... it'd make more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wasn't he almost completely broken down before due to complete lack of contact with the... whatever it's called? He may need the cable to hack into it while being able to maintain his other programs.
Exactly. He's gotten a little more control at this point, but he CANNOT manipulate data outside of his own body, which is why he has to use a physical connection to hack through universes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
First of all, it should be impossible to connect to another universe through the internet. I'm sure we would have known by now if we could.
Humanoid interfaces, lol. And there's a little more to it than that, but...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 23:51   Link #20303
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I assume 2003-04, when the novels were first written, actually.
Oh, wait, so it was Danchou who said 2007. Well, the Win 95 don't seen so absurde anymore.

Quote:
Most of the school computers would run Windows 2000, given that the Computer Club's "newest model" ran XP.
I have to say that 'ran XP' is anime only. I always tought it was 2010, because of the 07/07/07 thing ("lucky date" and all).[/QUOTE]
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 23:57   Link #20304
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

RJ-25 is a phone wire type with six pins (from the wall to the modem). Most modern computers use Cat5 or Cat6 which is the 8-pin version used between the modem and the router/computer.
Old 2009-10-06, 23:58   Link #20305
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
RJ-25 is a phone wire type with six pins (from the wall to the modem). Most modern computers use Cat5 or Cat6 which is the 8-pin version used between the modem and the router/computer.
The crossover cable plugged into Yuuki would be the 8-pin version, then.
Old 2009-10-07, 00:18   Link #20306
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
Also, October 5th? That lines up with Umineko suspiciously well.
Damn... I wish I had a birthday associated with something awesome... all mine really associates me with is the color green...

Quote:
I always tought it was 2010, because of the 07/07/07 thing ("lucky date" and all).
Actually...

Spoiler for Disappearance, BT Trans:

The text rather clearly states that he didn't confirm the year until after the "lucky" comment. Besides, I highly doubt the newspaper would abbreviate the year like that.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 00:19   Link #20307
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
More likely, Yuuki turned himself into an interuniversal router/modem leaving the PC as an interface for the team to use.
Let's just go with something like this. Long winded explanations are bleh.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 00:20   Link #20308
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

But they fit the Nagatos so well!
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-10-07, 00:21   Link #20309
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Not like he has the processing power or time to explain anything at the moment.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 00:28   Link #20310
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
The crossover cable plugged into Yuuki would be the 8-pin version, then.
That would make it RJ-45, EVERY router has RJ-45.

Also, isn't the 6-pin phone wire called RJ-11?
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 00:43   Link #20311
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
The text rather clearly states that he didn't confirm the year until after the "lucky" comment. Besides, I highly doubt the newspaper would abbreviate the year like that.
Oh, true. Sad. Anyway, the video with the promotion for BLR also hadn't the date as 07/07/07? It could be the video was realesed that year, tough. But the symbolism is just more cool that way.

Oh, well, It can be any year actually. Kaisos guess is the one that make more sense, tough.
Old 2009-10-07, 01:00   Link #20312
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Exactly. Of course, this leads to the other problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
That would make it RJ-45, EVERY router has RJ-45.
... Wherein dial-up modems don't use Cat5e or 6e, which makes it impossible for them to interface with every router I've ever seen. In fact, I've never come across a dial-up modem that wasn't an internal computer component that the phone line plugged directly into (with no router interfacing at all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Also, isn't the 6-pin phone wire called RJ-11?
There actually seem to be a couple of varieties of 6-pin... I've come across RJ-25 a lot before, so I assumed that was the most common one. Wikipedia seems to agree with you that most phone cables are RJ-11s, though.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 02:19   Link #20313
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Those with access to Project Crossroads might want to check out what I just posted there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
... Wherein dial-up modems don't use Cat5e or 6e, which makes it impossible for them to interface with every router I've ever seen. In fact, I've never come across a dial-up modem that wasn't an internal computer component that the phone line plugged directly into (with no router interfacing at all).
Then edit that in for me. What else do I not pay you for?
Old 2009-10-07, 04:17   Link #20314
Binjovi
Artist

Send a message via AIM to Binjovi
Here are a few roughs that will probably eventually turn into sprites. I know there are a few glaring problems here and there, but I'd still like your feedback. Thanks.

Spoiler for large image:
Binjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 04:44   Link #20315
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
Here are a few roughs that will probably eventually turn into sprites. I know there are a few glaring problems here and there, but I'd still like your feedback. Thanks.

Spoiler for large image:
I fail to seen any 'glaring problem' here. Except, maybe, Kyonko don't seen to be using socks. They are seen awesome to me. I am not an expert, tough.

Hmmm, about something you said earlier on this thread (like, 70 pages ago). I could see the similaritys in the haird of each character with their conterpart. However, curiously, their face don't mach. Insted, Kyonko's face is more round, just like Haruhi's and Haruki's is more long, simmilar to Kyon's... Was it on purpose?
Old 2009-10-07, 05:18   Link #20316
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Insted, Kyonko's face is more round, just like Haruhi's and Haruki's is more long, simmilar to Kyon's... Was it on purpose?
Completely intentional. The idea is that they're not exactly just genderbent versions of the other... there's some of Kyon/Kyonko in Haruhi/Haruki, and vice versa.
Old 2009-10-07, 05:20   Link #20317
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I may or may not see a problem with Kyonko's hair... it looks as though her bangs are sticking up, but I could just be seeing things.

... bah, stupid Cat...
Old 2009-10-07, 05:32   Link #20318
Heatth

Quote:
Completely intentional. The idea is that they're not exactly just genderbent versions of the other... there's some of Kyon/Kyonko in Haruhi/Haruki, and vice versa.
Heh, I tought it wa something like that. So Haruki is a taller Kyon with Haruhi's hair (but shorter) and eyebrows and Kyonko is a shorter Haruhi with Kyo's hair (but longer) and eyebrows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... bah, stupid Cat...
...Cat? This was to me?
Old 2009-10-07, 05:36   Link #20319
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Heh, I tought it wa something like that. So Haruki is a taller Kyon with Haruhi's hair (but shorter) and eyebrows and Kyonko is a shorter Haruhi with Kyo's hair (but longer) and eyebrows?
I meant personality-wise too...
Old 2009-10-07, 05:37   Link #20320
Heatth

Quote:
I meant personality-wise too...
Ah, that Kyon already proove in the End of Endless Eight.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan