Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-15, 11:15   Link #2141
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
seriously the whole fight and the talks of Shichika and Shikizaki just gives a trolling feeling that Shikizaki would say "just as planned" and the grin on his face with his been stab. WoW.
Ja.
Sad that I wasn't on /a/ after the episode was released. Now I would have a couple of good reaction images of that part of the episode.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 13:13   Link #2142
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post

And since Hitei is Kiki's descendant, we can assume she has these same fortune telling powers, right? I wonder what she has been able to predict thus far. When she was talking about "dying beautifully" towards Enmonzaemon, I know that was in regards to Kiki possessing Houou and she was sort of joking, but it's kind of interesting to think about how that possibly indirectly foreshadows what will happen in the next episode.

She said she didn't inherit the powers.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 13:31   Link #2143
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Yeah, I kinda remembered that last minute. ._. Kinda unfortunate. Then again, this show would probably be a looooot different/way shorter if she did, so it only makes sense.
Old 2010-11-15, 15:00   Link #2144
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

I m just curious who this genius with a Perfected stance from 150 years into the future is. At first when Kiki said 3 unavoidable attack i thought of tsubame gaeshi, but then i realized Kojiro would have been dead for 100 years by the time of Katanagatari so is this future genius Shinsengumi 's Okita Souji and his signature move the Sandanzuki?
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 19:29   Link #2145
Maniwa Akagin
Member of the Beast Squad

Wow. Can't really say much more than that, without going 'damn', but seriously. Just wow. Pengin, Houou... you will not be forgotten. Mon-kun, you are really pushing your fans, you know that?

Was I the only one who got just a hint of Houou and Emonzaemon actually enjoying their match? Up until Dokutou Mekki showed up, at least. With everything being matched so perfectly, it almost looked like they were just sparring or something.

As for Kiki's use of Houou, I wonder if it really 'was' Kiki himself, and not just a recording of his personality or something along those lines. Like an old save file? Which would certainly show why he wouldn't care about what happened at the end, pretty sure he pulled his punches so that Shichika would win.

Turns out I was WAY wrong about Pengin's Ninpou, though I don't see how they let him seem to become so knowledgeable? Unless luck extends to 'just happens to know' by chance? Pengin... PENGIN!

Next episode is going to be about as painful as a smack to the head by Konayuki...

-As virtuous men pass mildly away,
And whisper to their souls to go,
Whilst some of their sad friends do say,
"The breath goes now," and some say, "No,"-
-John Donne
Maniwa Akagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 21:36   Link #2146
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniwa Akagin View Post
Wow. Can't really say much more than that, without going 'damn', but seriously. Just wow. Pengin, Houou... you will not be forgotten. Mon-kun, you are really pushing your fans, you know that?

Was I the only one who got just a hint of Houou and Emonzaemon actually enjoying their match? Up until Dokutou Mekki showed up, at least. With everything being matched so perfectly, it almost looked like they were just sparring or something.

As for Kiki's use of Houou, I wonder if it really 'was' Kiki himself, and not just a recording of his personality or something along those lines. Like an old save file? Which would certainly show why he wouldn't care about what happened at the end, pretty sure he pulled his punches so that Shichika would win.

Turns out I was WAY wrong about Pengin's Ninpou, though I don't see how they let him seem to become so knowledgeable? Unless luck extends to 'just happens to know' by chance? Pengin... PENGIN!
I am damn sure it was Shikizaki, despite my fanatical fanboy for Houou. As he was not one to joke around according to togame, plus Houou-sama would not let himself die, all he wanted was to fix his village.

Guess we were both wrong on Pengin's ninpou haha, he even had 2 of them to that extent. Just as Houou had 3 (if you count Kiroku Tadori)

And I do suspect they were enjoying their little fight (Houou/Emonzaemon) as they obviously knew each other. Perhaps Houou-sama was in the Aioi corps :O Actually that depends because his real ninpou allowed him to live longer by replacing his body parts (But he both learned Ninpou: Namagoroshi with Emonzaemon). So, who knows, maybe he founded it?

Spoiler for Ro Giri Bangai of the gauntlet:

Last edited by shichi-chan; 2010-11-15 at 21:46.
shichi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 01:19   Link #2147
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
Spoiler for Ro Giri Bangai of the gauntlet:
Unlikely, since remember Houou's arm which he used to grab the sword used to belong to Kawauso the ninja that use record tracer. that and combined with the fact that Dokutou Mekki has the strongest taint is what probably caused "Shikizaki kiki" to surface.
Old 2010-11-16, 07:21   Link #2148
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Unlikely, since remember Houou's arm which he used to grab the sword used to belong to Kawauso the ninja that use record tracer. that and combined with the fact that Dokutou Mekki has the strongest taint is what probably caused "Shikizaki kiki" to surface.
It's still the most poisonous sword. Just because conditions were perfect with Houou doesn't mean it's not Dokutou Mekki anymore.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 12:29   Link #2149
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
It's still the most poisonous sword. Just because conditions were perfect with Houou doesn't mean it's not Dokutou Mekki anymore.
i agree with what you said.Since i said unlikely rather than its not going to happen.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:37   Link #2150
faiz blaster

A question for those who have read the novel

Spoiler for old topic:
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 14:16   Link #2151
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Was the fight against Sabi Hakuhei "skipped" in the novel too?
Yeah, yeah, it was.
Old 2010-11-16, 19:48   Link #2152
HandofFate

I thought that the whole thing with Pengin was kind of a lame.

Spoiler for richochet:
Old 2010-11-16, 21:30   Link #2153
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I thought that the whole thing with Pengin was kind of a lame.

Spoiler for richochet:
Because: his luck ran out, and as Emonzaemon-sama stated, his long overdue luck would not last for a 100 years.
Plus he said. Iron will deflect Iron, there was iron inside the pillars in the room.
Old 2010-11-17, 04:04   Link #2154
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
Because: his luck ran out, and as Emonzaemon-sama stated, his long overdue luck would not last for a 100 years.
Plus he said. Iron will deflect Iron, there was iron inside the pillars in the room.
Not just any iron. What he did was he richochet the bullets into the bullets he already shot.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 06:32   Link #2155
tsunade666

He can also probably ricochet it on the iron ball it self. But I don't see him surpassing Houou so why was he second again and said to surpass houou one day?
Old 2010-11-17, 10:42   Link #2156
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
He can also probably ricochet it on the iron ball it self. But I don't see him surpassing Houou so why was he second again and said to surpass houou one day?
First of all I don't think the ball was iron. Second, he is second in the sense that he has so much potential. The fact that he is a head at such a young age means he has plenty of time to hone his skills.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 23:24   Link #2157
shichi-chan
Mippa~

And he could learn other Ninpou
Old 2010-11-18, 02:56   Link #2158
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
So much of Shichika being the greatest fighter. He didn't even react seeing the masked guy going to shoot. Was it because he doesn't know what a pistol is?

Well even if he didn't, the masked dude could fire a dozen bullets at once. Six at each. Or did he want a fair fight? Well if he did, he WOULDN'T be using pistols in the first place.

And what was all that about his rivalry with Houou and the sword maker possession? Troll subplots.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 04:09   Link #2159
Sol Falling

It is a good question as to how Kyoutou Yasuri can actually deal with a gun (he's practically naked). Particularly defensively, I'm not sure if it would even have been possible for him to cover for Togame in that situation.

We'll probably get Emonzaemon backstory in the final episode...As for Shikizaki Kiki's possession and Dokutou Meki...the way that I understand Dokutou Meki is this: it's focus is supposed to be the most "poisonous" blade, but what does that actually mean? Well, the poison of the deviant blades is said to make their owners go mad (with covetousness or whatever, but the blunt sword and bladeless sword seem to show various psychological possibilities) so to say that Dokutou Meki is the most poisonous would essentially be to say that it has the most potential to corrupt/change your personality. In that sense, having your personality completely written over with the memories of the original Shikizaki kiki somewhat makes sense. As such, as far as the events of this episode, I'm not all that sure that Houou being the body actualy had anything to do with Shikizaki Kiki emerging. It might just be what the sword does.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 07:34   Link #2160
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
He didn't even react seeing the masked guy going to shoot. Was it because he doesn't know what a pistol is?

Well even if he didn't, the masked dude could fire a dozen bullets at once. Six at each. Or did he want a fair fight?
First, Togame told him to stand down. Second, the shooting was done really fast and he was there unexpecting. Emonzaemon didn't come there to fight. He came there to carry out an execution.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy