5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.39%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-05, 05:39   Link #541
steven3242

sergei definitely got a death flag on his head ever since his introduction in season 1. what surprised me is his death flag somewhat lowered in season 2 since he retired but it seems the flag is going up again

basically i see saji is like us in real world. here we posting crap about mecha anime and keep debate over and over while over there in iraq (or Afghanistan?) many people die and we just "chilling" in here and more care about your home project for your college.

saji situation is pretty much "what if" your area suddenly got attacked by those terrorist, dragged and interrogated by them and later saved by US military, to be found that you cant go home and must stay with them until situation is clear.

if i am in saji situation, pretty much i do the same too since i want to go home, after all i got nothing to do with it. iam a realist guy, so i am sure i will lost my calm / temper / whatever and end up do something stupid too if no one going to straight me up (put it simple a "welcome to reality / war" punch to my face)
steven3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 05:45   Link #542
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven3242 View Post
saji situation is pretty much "what if" your area suddenly got attacked by those terrorist, dragged and interrogated by them and later saved by US military, to be found that you cant go home and must stay with them until situation is clear.

if i am in saji situation, pretty much i do the same too since i want to go home, after all i got nothing to do with it. iam a realist guy, so i am sure i will lost my calm / temper / whatever and end up do something stupid too if no one going to straight me up (put it simple a "welcome to reality / war" punch to my face)
That's pretty much correct. Saji, Kinue and Louise were put into the story to represent the effect organisations like CB have on ordinary bystanders. In fact, that's the only reason that Saji and Louise are major characters.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 05:55   Link #543
steven3242

Quote:
That's pretty much correct. Saji, Kinue and Louise were put into the story to represent the effect organisations like CB have on ordinary bystanders. In fact, that's the only reason that Saji and Louise are major characters.
and thats also why i dont want him to

Spoiler for etc:

seriously, i prefer saji to to finally realize what kind of world he live in here and start accepting it, and stay on CB side as a "guest" character. so later in the epilogue later maybe saji become somekind of journalist or a writer and he wrote a book about CB when everything is over.
steven3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 05:58   Link #544
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Saji is more than just a bystander; he is a JAPANESE bystander.

This is rather unique, as a Japanese person has limited options when it comes to fighting for one's country. Or for that matter, support any kind of military action even indirectly through politics was impossible. Conflicts happen everywhere, and Japan can only watch from a distance and have nothing to do with it.

It would be easy, then, for a Japanese to stop caring about wars elsewhere. They can't go against it or support it, so why bother even caring?

That's why I believe Saji became an engineer, while his Western girlfriend joined the armed forces; Saji can't fight in battle without changing his citizenship. This of course, run counter to all Japanese school boys in mecha anime, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Old 2008-11-05, 06:51   Link #545
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
First off, the whole point of my post was to point out the CB DOES blame themselves for the way the world is

Second of all, the term "Criminal" in the sense that Ian uses it should not be taken that literally. He is not talking about the Legality of what they are doing, he is speaking about morality. No amount of political backing, or legality will change how they feel morally... morality and Legality are two things that do not necessarily go together; just because its legal, doesn't mean its right

And CB do not want to join with Catalan... They are not just fighting the A-laws but also the earth federation and have their own political ideologies; something they can't really get themselves tied with. CB is fighting for what they believe must be done; so long as they can bring an end to war then they don't care about their own personal fates after the fighting is over.
yeah i agree with this though having their own political ideologies would mean they actually need to be able to carry those out which they cant considering they are just hiding either in the sea or up in space.

So regardless if they dont mind being put for a firing squad when the job is done they can still use CB and the other way around.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 07:51   Link #546
Ryuk

Ha ha. Is A-Laws just an abbreviation for Above-Laws? Just didn't think to much about the name in the past.

All in all a good episode though. No complaints here.
Ryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 07:57   Link #547
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
@ WD, if Katie didnt get Natarle'd as you said, I proposed that she marries PapaBear and have a quiet life.. all 3 of them
Off with his/her head!

It's Katie x Patrick! PATRICK!
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 08:01   Link #548
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Same o' same after 5 years...
Spoiler:
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 08:18   Link #549
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Same o' same after 5 years...
Spoiler:
Not exactly..... He's much more crazier now... Looking forward to his rampage.

On a side note: What would have happened if Ali piloted the Destroy Gundam instead of Stella?
Old 2008-11-05, 08:25   Link #550
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Not exactly..... He's much more crazier now... Looking forward to his rampage.

On a side note: What would have happened if Ali piloted the Destroy Gundam instead of Stella?
He wouldn't.

Seriously, the Destroy Gundam, or any other giant weapon, is not Ali's style. Because in those things, you usually end up leaving all the targeting to computers due to there being too many guns to fire at once. There would also be very limited mobility options, and you end up relying on your forcefield/armour for defense because dodging in something the size of a cityblock is just an impossible prospect.

Ali doesn't want to simply destroy things; he wants to kill people. The giant weapons of the Gundam universe are more like demolition equipment than real machines of war. I can't see Ali piloting a fortress-with-legs.
Old 2008-11-05, 08:30   Link #551
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
He wouldn't.

Seriously, the Destroy Gundam, or any other giant weapon, is not Ali's style. Because in those things, you usually end up leaving all the targeting to computers due to there being too many guns to fire at once. There would also be very limited mobility options, and you end up relying on your forcefield/armour for defense because dodging in something the size of a cityblock is just an impossible prospect.

Ali doesn't want to simply destroy things; he wants to kill people. The giant weapons of the Gundam universe are more like demolition equipment than real machines of war. I can't see Ali piloting a fortress-with-legs.
Has there been any other pilots in the Gundamverse who is a phsycopath just like Ali, or at least close to his level?
Old 2008-11-05, 08:31   Link #552
miles316

Smile dead man walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
im realy glad bushido decide not to par take in such a slaughter...

What i dont get is seeing karton getting mad at CB.. i mean if CB wanted to take them out they could have done it without A-laws. I hope Saji tells his side of the story maybe than i wont see him as a pussy for his mistakes.

Man now i want to see a three way battle with Ali... setsuna and Bushido..that would be totally epic.
If kataron found out they would probably cut his head off or some other grisly manner for betraying them even if it was by accident.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 08:38   Link #553
Galerian

Quote:
Has there been any other pilots in the Gundamverse who is a phsycopath just like Ali, or at least close to his level?
Nah, Ali is up there. Way up there!

But I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find some one hiding in the dustballs of the universal century. I just can't be bothered by relics.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 09:06   Link #554
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hopefully this will pull Saji off his high horse. I mean, I'll be the first to call the CB morons, but blaming everything from the fall of man onwards on them is going too far.

I also have to wonder about the stupidity to taking a relatively hostile guy and giving him the run of a secret base. Without even warning the guys he wasn't to be trusted.

Also, Marina as a baby sitter is more convincing than in any other role she's had to date.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 09:08   Link #555
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian View Post
Nah, Ali is up there. Way up there!

But I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find some one hiding in the dustballs of the universal century. I just can't be bothered by relics.
He's one of the top kill-list players in the Gundam universe.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 09:13   Link #556
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk View Post
Ha ha. Is A-Laws just an abbreviation for Above-Laws? Just didn't think to much about the name in the past.

All in all a good episode though. No complaints here.
Absolute Laws.
Old 2008-11-05, 09:34   Link #557
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why would it be a turn of events?
Of course it is the objective of the original plan. Even the meisters agree with this, explicitly stating, that they fight against A-LAWS and not against the federation.
The only thing, that is against the plan is, that this federation is still armed.
I meant the A-Laws. My fault.

If they were against the Federation being armed they would have attacked hangers and military bases where the MS are stored. They are against A-Laws because of how extreme A-Laws actions' are. The fact that the Federation is still armed is an aside. It is what they do with that power that counts.
The Monarch of Roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 17:54   Link #558
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Rau Le Creuset.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 17:57   Link #559
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Rau Le Creuset.
And Muruta Azrael. And Lord Djibril.

Personally, I find it refreshing that some villains in the Gundam universe turn out to be villains, unlike some characters.
Old 2008-11-05, 18:07   Link #560
sgogeta4

Nah Ali is different than those guys. Those guys wanted to either wipe out everyone or just the coordinators. Ali likes to kill people for fun.
sgogeta4 is offline   Reply With Quote