AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 07:30   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 558 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...early this time too...

Quote:
-2nd Mizukage is sealed. Muu, though, apparently escapes (and hides) and begins a summoning ritual.

-The clones Naruto made earlier finally start appearing on various battlefields...

-Cut to various scenes of Naruto’s clones helping on the battlefield.

-A Clone helps Shikimaru fight Dan (who comments on Naruto looking like Nawaki, Tsunade’s little brother).

-Another clone shows up at the hospital and helps Sakura take down a Zetsu body.

-Yet another clone appears before Hinata and helps her defeat a bunch of Zetsu bodies.

-Chapter ends with Muu completing his summoning.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-10-04 at 14:21.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 07:51   Link #2
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
-Naruto makes more clones and sends them out to help.
Well that surely was short. Guess Itachi's speech really went through one ear and came out the other. It is one thing to assist kages vs other kages, but it is simply using the bucket bailing anyone and everyone even from a mere Zetsu clone.

If this is true, Jesus Naruto has returned.
Old 2011-10-04, 09:39   Link #3
mrShady

Nevermind.

Last edited by mrShady; 2011-10-04 at 13:34. Reason: nvm vague spoiler
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 10:02   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm glad that mummy Muu didn't got beaten THAT easily ^_^.
Old 2011-10-04, 10:05   Link #5
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Well that surely was short. Guess Itachi's speech really went through one ear and came out the other. It is one thing to assist kages vs other kages, but it is simply using the bucket bailing anyone and everyone even from a mere Zetsu clone.

The whole point of Naruto entering battle was to fight the Zetsu clones, so I see no problem with him going off to fight Zetsu. I do find it annoying that Kishimoto keeps interferring with other's battles (between named characters (e.g. Dan and Shikimaru in this recent chapter)) by inserting Naruto.
Old 2011-10-04, 10:05   Link #6
ronin myael
lost ronin

more naruto? damn! oh well, it's to be expected. kishi did seem sold on the idea of messiah naruto.
Old 2011-10-04, 11:51   Link #7
GusGus

Quote:
He has never been gone... sadly.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 12:06   Link #8
kakakka

chapter out

Naruto saves the day huh...

Spoiler for 558:

Last edited by kakakka; 2011-10-04 at 12:20.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 12:14   Link #9
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Great Kishi is going slow again and apparently forgot he had Naruto create numerous clones a while back.
Eh? It looks like the exact opposite of that.

All the clones that Naruto created several chapters back have finally arrived.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 12:30   Link #10
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Decent chapter all things considered I suppose. It's about time Naruto finally got to weeding out those annoying Zetsu clones.

That aside however, here's hoping whatever Muu's summoning will be what's inside that Edo Tensei box that had Madara freaked out a while back.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:36   Link #11
epyon96

Seems like a clone battled Raikage and a clone battled Muu.

So the original Naruto didn't let 8-Tails pee alone.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:45   Link #12
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post

Yeah I misread the spoiler or something so I figured he created more clones. However it seems all along the Naruto with the kages was a clone.
It's really starting to get confusing

Anyway it's actually a decent enough chapter. I'm hoping Muu shows something wicked that will keep us entertained, though a bit more story would be preferred.
And Naruto smelling differently might just be because of the Kyuubi mode he's in. But then again a Zetsu copy is not yet ruled out until we see clone Hinata Naruto use some techniques.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 14:19   Link #13
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
chapter out

Naruto saves the day huh...

Spoiler for 558:
I took that as since Naruto is now in BEAST mode his chakra is combined with the Kyubi's no? That's what gives him the super saiyjin glow? Kiba has never seen him use this new power and I doubt anyone can simply clone themselves kyubi cloak and all...It's not like you can clone the Kyubi chakra.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:20   Link #14
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post

Yeah, the initial spoilers didn't clarify this point well enough.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:31   Link #15
sayde

The NaruHina fan in me enjoyed this weeks chapter immensely.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 15:13   Link #16
Ero-Senn1n

It seems Naruto is really very strong, assuming that the kagebunshin works as usual, that is if he makes KBs then his powers are divided between these clones and the original body equally. Now if he dispells the clones his original body should be multiple times stronger then the clone which did fight kages successfully. So i can't complain any more that he won't be strong enough to fight EMS-Sasuke

On the last page the clone which saved Hinata has an "evil laugh", that's wierd. I hope it's not Kishimoto trying to show what Itachi meant when he said to Naruto that if he could become like Madara if he didn't fight as a team member. Such a sudden tranformation in the way Naruto thinks would be unrealistic, for him to end up being like Madara it would have to take many years.
The other possibility is that it's a Zetsu clone impersonating Naruto.

Quote:
Well that surely was short. Guess Itachi's speech really went through one ear and came out the other.
Do you realize that the clones were made before the Itachi speech, they are not aware of what happened to the real one.

Quote:
It is one thing to assist kages vs other kages, but it is simply using the bucket bailing anyone and everyone even from a mere Zetsu clone.
The reason to for letting Naruto join the war was that he is the only one who can identify Zetsu clones. He could have skipped fighting the kages, but not skipped fighting the Zetsu clones.

Quote:
I don't think that saving your friends and allies is something that only Jesus has every made. Also Jesus was never the fighting type, so Superman would be a better example, he did try to save everyone even by risking his own life. Superman never killed the defeated evil guys, in case of Naruto we have Kishimoto's trick: these guys are already dead so no problem in destroying them
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 16:43   Link #17
Alchemist007
*Author

Probably the most random Naruhina moment to date
Guess even Kishi remembers his pairings once in a bloody while.
Old 2011-10-04, 21:34   Link #18
ChronoReverse

Hmm, looks like Naruto isn't quite doing everything on his own. He's also pointing out which ones are the fakes for other ninjas to take out even while he takes other fakes out himself.

I wonder if Naruto created a clone and then dispersed it so that all his clones would acquire the new information from Itachi.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 00:40   Link #19
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yeah for NaruHina scene.... although Naruto saved Sakura too
it's like a prince saving his princess (although I prefer more dramatic and romantic scene but it's not Naruto manga's style)

somehow, I don't really like the idea for sending Naruto to various places at same time. Dan's reaction isn't going as I'm expecting... but it's okaaayyyy

Naruto is running out of chakra.... I'm sure about it!! He will be defeated easily in front of Sasuke if he's wasting his energy like that.. although he will be viewed as hero in this war because of saving the troops from Zetsu

Naruto-Gaara combi??? please let them fight together against Muu
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 01:20   Link #20
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

*Squeal* Oh boy, I'm having a rabid NaruHina fan girl moment Squeeeeee!

I really can't wait when we find out what is in the magical edo tensei box...oh boy!

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion