AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-18, 00:45   Link #1
save_hyzenthlay

Send a message via AIM to save_hyzenthlay
Question Tenshi ni Narumon. Where are the angels?

hello everyone

this has been bothering me for a long time... and I'm sure I am not alone, haha.

Does anyone know WHAT happend to the anime series I'm gonna be an angel! aka Tenshi ni Narumon? I bought the first DVD as soon as it came out.. and for AT LEAST a year there have been no other releases or new as to what is going on with this series. I thought the series was selling quite well, and it sure was promoted a lot, so I can't see why they would stop releasing it.
Does anyone know what's going on??

I hope they release the rest of it! That series is so wonderfully weird!
Old 2004-01-18, 01:06   Link #2
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by save_hyzenthlay
hello everyone

this has been bothering me for a long time... and I'm sure I am not alone, haha.

Does anyone know WHAT happend to the anime series I'm gonna be an angel! aka Tenshi ni Narumon? I bought the first DVD as soon as it came out.. and for AT LEAST a year there have been no other releases or new as to what is going on with this series. I thought the series was selling quite well, and it sure was promoted a lot, so I can't see why they would stop releasing it.
Does anyone know what's going on??

I hope they release the rest of it! That series is so wonderfully weird!
Seen it all and yes... it get weirder and funnier as the story progresses. The U.S. company that is producing it is rather new to the rest of the anime world and because of that, the DVDs are coming out rather slowly due to the fact that it is a small company. There will be six volumes and the second one was released in the late summer of 2003. If you want to order it... go to animegamers.com and just search for it (or go to "synch-point.com" ... the company that licenced it).

Hope this helps you out.
Old 2004-01-18, 01:13   Link #3
save_hyzenthlay

Send a message via AIM to save_hyzenthlay
=)

thank you! and yes it helps a lot, hehe.

just wondering, you said summer 2003... I'm guessing you meant 2004, haha. I'm hoping, because 2003 ended a bit ago, haha.

thanks again! I'm going to check out that site.
Old 2004-01-18, 03:40   Link #4
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by save_hyzenthlay
thank you! and yes it helps a lot, hehe.

just wondering, you said summer 2003... I'm guessing you meant 2004, haha. I'm hoping, because 2003 ended a bit ago, haha.

thanks again! I'm going to check out that site.
Nope... it was released in 2003, not 2004 (said so on the the company's website). It is out now though, so if you want to get it... just go to animegamers.com and that should do it for you (besides, I remember the recent Newtype USA magazine advertising it on sale now, so it definatly has been out since summer 2003 or just released recently).
Old 2004-01-18, 12:45   Link #5
babbito2k
annoying white bat

This is my favorite series! I know it's not the best anime ever made but it is damned good. It's amazing how badly the American release thing is going. I hope that things get straightened out.

The show also seems to be rather inexpertly marketed. Overall the show is much more of a blend in terms of comedy and drama than it seems to get credit for. Maybe it's just me but it seems that a lot of good shows when licensed get advertised in a way that is deceptive or clumsy.
Old 2004-01-18, 13:41   Link #6
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

I like it too, fun and interesting setup...but I also think Noelle is cute and funny (heck I even like her in English and that's rare...I despise Mahoro and Aoi's dub voices, for example..). Most people I know can't stand her in either language, however, so the show has a lot less to offer them.

The drama is almost all at the end as well, I've seen the early eps of TnN show at conventions several times and almost all of the comments I hear afterwards are making fun of it... Lousy Synch-Point for concentrating on FLCL for so long ;/
Old 2004-04-08, 03:33   Link #7
Iskandar Taib

Just a warning. This show starts out all fun and sweet, but

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-09, 13:14   Link #8
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
i still have the fansubs ..never bought the DVDs because i never found it interesting enough
Old 2007-04-10, 14:48   Link #9
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Post Tenshi ni Narumon License Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime On DVD
According to information posted from SakuraCon, a Synch-Point representative has indicated that their license to I'm Gonna Be An Angel has expired. The show has not as of this writing been licensed by anyone else. The series was the first from Synch-Point but never completed due to poor sales.
Source. Anime On DVD
Old 2007-04-10, 22:56   Link #10
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

I'm not surprised. This was an unknown anime that got licensed even before the anime boom we're having now. Maybe someone else will release a fansub? I don't see this being licensed again.