AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 35 27.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 38.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-25, 16:53   Link #221
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, the idiot bought it. And after 2 attacks, still approached her.
Well, she's hot.

(And it's not just puberty. It's also the contractor thing, which would be rather shocking, even without the removal of emotions thing.)
Old 2009-10-25, 17:59   Link #222
blewin

About Yin, I've a feeling that Hei's gonna kill her because of a promise between them, rather than Yin doing something so bad that he hates her for it and decides to hate her. Looking at the flashback/dream sequence with Yin saying a teary goodbye, it's obvious that whatever she decided was against her will. I just can't see why Yin would betray Hei.

As for Mao bringing a new order to Hei, now that really got me confused. I thought Hei's detached himself from the syndicate at the end of last season? then why is he still following orders?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-10-25, 18:06   Link #223
neothe0ne

Quote:
You'd be surprised what some young people would do (or not do) out of love.
Old 2009-10-25, 18:10   Link #224
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
As for Mao bringing a new order to Hei, now that really got me confused. I thought Hei's detached himself from the syndicate at the end of last season? then why is he still following orders?
It looks like Hei and Mao are working for some woman. My bet is the information seller woman Oreille? It looks like Hei disappeared out of sight of the CIA already too so he obviously wasn't working for them.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-25, 20:03   Link #225
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphic View Post
This seems highly unlikely, as Yin's primary role as a Doll (remember, she's not a contractor) was simply to "observe"/"survey" (similar to July) and she was rather harmless in the first season - in fact, she was quite an easy target for the Syndicate's enemies. So, as she cannot possess contractor powers, or powers that would enable her to kill, how could she possibly kill anyone...?
I stand corrected. That makes sense. But I still know what I heard and how I interpreted it: that he said he would kill her. I just have no idea why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Well just to make what I meant clear, I am convinced Hei said he'll kill Yin........but I don't believe he truly wants to.
That makes sense to me, too. But to call her "ano onna" ("that woman") sounds like a kind of hatred...unless it's just him trying to distance himself from her psychologically. From the dream/memory, it looks so much as if he loves her and she loves him. Why, then, would he say he'd kill her? As yet unknown. If it's some verbal trick and he didn't mean that, as Mr. Anime suggests, it would be a black mark against the show, for me, unless they can correct my impression somehow.

As PiggyBank says, it does seem as if getting on the train was mainly for the cool explosions in the railyard. If they are in Vladivostok, they are at the end of the Trans-Siberian Railroad and in the main port from which ships leave for Japan.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-10-25 at 20:25.
Old 2009-10-25, 20:25   Link #226
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, she's hot.

(And it's not just puberty. It's also the contractor thing, which would be rather shocking, even without the removal of emotions thing.)
No one's hot enough to die for imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It looks like Hei and Mao are working for some woman. My bet is the information seller woman Oreille? It looks like Hei disappeared out of sight of the CIA already too so he obviously wasn't working for them.
I'm betting Oreille is the one pulling the strings too.
Old 2009-10-25, 20:29   Link #227
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
That makes sense to me, too. But to call her "ano onna" ("that woman") sounds like a kind of hatred...unless it's just him trying to distance himself from her psychologically.
That's pretty much exactly what I've been saying in most of my posts all this time.
Old 2009-10-25, 20:34   Link #228
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As PiggyBank says, it does seem as if getting on the train was mainly for the cool explosions in the railyard. If they are in Vladivostok, they are at the end of the Trans-Siberian Railroad and in the main port from which ships leave for Japan.
It's cheaper to go by train (at least the first leg) but it seems the long way to go. Vladivostok ---> Moscow (7 days), Moscow ----> Beijing (6 days), Beijing---> Shanghai (14 hours max if use overnight train) Shanghai -----> Osaka via ferry (46 hours). Trip: 15.5 days (estimated) Train station available when get off.

Vladivostok ----> Fushiki is more convenient imo. Trip: 40+ hours (estimated). Train station less than a mile away.

Hmmm...maybe something else was planned on their way to Japan that got nixed by the fight at the train station.

I don't think we're suppose to think too hard about the trip dilemma. Speed wasn't one of the main points for taking the train. Maybe Hei wanted to sleep in a comfy bed.

Last edited by orion; 2009-10-25 at 21:33.
Old 2009-10-25, 22:32   Link #229
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Didn't deserve it though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-10-25, 22:53   Link #230
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Maybe Hei wanted to sleep in a comfy bed.
Then he can finally achieve his long-cherished dream using Suou's money.
Old 2009-10-25, 23:31   Link #231
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Well, probably more like he didn't care; as corny as it is, he obviously loved her so much that he didn't care that she was even attacking him.
Old 2009-10-26, 04:24   Link #232
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

i watch it at animax and not bad.
all these thing about hell's gate
Old 2009-10-26, 04:34   Link #233
Joe_fh

Quote:
It's cheaper to go by train (at least the first leg) but it seems the long way to go. Vladivostok ---> Moscow (7 days), Moscow ----> Beijing (6 days), Beijing---> Shanghai (14 hours max if use overnight train) Shanghai -----> Osaka via ferry (46 hours). Trip: 15.5 days (estimated) Train station available when get off.

Vladivostok ----> Fushiki is more convenient imo. Trip: 40+ hours (estimated). Train station less than a mile away.

Hmmm...maybe something else was planned on their way to Japan that got nixed by the fight at the train station.

I don't think we're suppose to think too hard about the trip dilemma. Speed wasn't one of the main points for taking the train. Maybe Hei wanted to sleep in a comfy bed.
Maybe Hei wasn't thinking clearly enough because of all the drinking ?
I mean going from Vladivostok anywhere by train and after that going back in the same direction is kind of pointless to say the least. Since that is the biggest Russian port the first thing that comes to mind when you want to go to Japan is to use a ship. Maybe Hei wanted to go to China and from there transfer to a ship but considering the fact that at least 3 of the biggest intelligence agencies in the world and the "sindicate"are after him the best thing to do is to get out of therefast.
Old 2009-10-26, 07:41   Link #234
Thoguht

After the "school romance" feint at the start of the second season, we seem to be more or less back on track now. The one thing I miss desperately though is the S1 music, and in particular Yin's leitmotif ("Stargazing", OST track 15). It's what we probably would have had during the "naked Yin" flashback near the start of this episode if Kanno had still been in charge of the music.

There should be more to music than just notes and, at its best, Kanno's music can pack more punch than Souo's ATR because there's so much thought put into it. It's not just an accompaniment or a decoration for the plot, it becomes an integral part of it. For example, take Yin herself. Her name means "silver", the color traditionally ascribed to moonlight, which connects her to her life before she became a doll. She was a gifted pianist who, even though she was blind, loved moonlight and said she could feel it on her skin. In the S1 story "On a Silver Night..." (eps 13/14), we see her playing a piece by moonlight ("Yin's Piano", OST track 20) that is clearly a homage to Debussy's "Clair de Lune" ("Moonlight") - it's even in the same key, D flat major. And is it just a coincidence that Debussy himself was allegedly a member of a real-life "Syndicate"?

Anyway, I shall miss these little touches, and I feel as though I've lost Yin twice over now...
Old 2009-10-26, 08:38   Link #235
orion

Well, this season is more in your face. I actually love Hei's rave music and Mao's new music this episode.

They would prob have to alter it a bit to fit in imo. It's a nice piece of music.

------

So if they are traveling north by ferry, would their next destination be Sakhalin or Kuril?

An alternate route could be Vladivostok ---> Vanino (40 hours), Vanino ----> Sakhalin, Korsakav, Sakhalin ----> Wakkanai, Hokkaido There's a trip guide for this route here.

Last edited by orion; 2009-10-26 at 09:33.
Old 2009-10-26, 09:50   Link #236
nubby

Well I don't believe that Hei is out to kill Yin. I believe something happened to Yin and "that woman" is responsible for it. Yin might still be alive and under control of "that woman." When Hei said he was going to kill someone, he meant killing "that woman" and it surprised Mao. Besides meeting Shion in Tokyo, his other reason to go there is to kill her.
Old 2009-10-26, 10:11   Link #237
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^ I think the woman he wants to kill is that blonde...Yin must've been forced to do something else, so thats why he is g0n kill this bl0nde

edit:

^*sigh* just wishful thinking on my part, please forgive me :'(
Old 2009-10-26, 10:15   Link #238
nubby

Yes that woman is the blond lady. The CIA guy came to her because she ordered Mao to give Hei new orders.
Old 2009-10-26, 10:55   Link #239
Joe_fh

Thanks for the music. Now I feel like listeing to the DtB sountrack and rewatching the epiodes with Yin (13-14)
Indeed the music in s1 was really good and made every scene deeper. We haven't seen enough of DtB s2 but the music isn't bad at all. They are in somewhat different styles so I don't think we can actually compare them.
Quote:
So if they are traveling north by ferry, would their next destination be Sakhalin or Kuril?

An alternate route could be Vladivostok ---> Vanino (40 hours), Vanino ----> Sakhalin, Korsakav, Sakhalin ----> Wakkanai, Hokkaido There's a trip guide for this route here.
I don't think they should be tavelling North since well Japan is South-East, mostly South. Their best bet would have been Toyama if they were going to Japan where they actually need to go. Toyama is the biggest port on that side of Japan so ships travel from Vladivostok to there on a regular basis. But form the preview we saw that they went North for some strange reason so I guess the choices are limited.
As far as I know Sakhalin and Vanino are part of Russia. The sign on the street in the preview wasn't in Russian (as far as I can remember it was in the left part of the screen and there was a big one in the beckground before that) so from that I'd go with the Kuril Islands. Especially if you consider the fact that those islands are small and probably are a good place to hide.
Actually I'd like to point out a third option - the town called Sapporo in North Japan. It fits with the big buildings that were flooded in the preview. And it's still North and in Japan so it counts. And it has a river which might have caused the flooding.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:46   Link #240
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
Anyway, I shall miss these little touches, and I feel as though I've lost Yin twice over now...
Those little touches are what's so beautiful about scores by Yoko Kanno, and it brings a smile to my face that someone here noticed them.

Like i said, i've excepted second season's score, though i don't think it's anyway near the same level as first seasons score. The main problem i have with second season's score is that i feel like it pushes itself to the front to much, though thankfully that calmed down a bit in the third episode.