AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-25, 15:12   Link #301
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Guys, in what volume and what chapter of the LN does the School Festival happen? And in what part exactly do Ichika and Chal hang out together during it and then Chal meets Ichikaīs friend, Dan, the red-head dude. If anyone could give me a brief summary or something ? xD;;
Old 2011-03-25, 19:14   Link #302
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

That's true, but Laura kinda had her own little moment too when Ichika was doing something similar to her as well before she passed out. But let's be honest here, I saw this as some forced development to manipulate the viewers to have sympathy for a character that just had a power trip cause she got a new mecha from her sister for whom she doesn't even want to acknowledge as a sibling. I just feel that if the focus for the whole animated series was on her...this series would gotten boring so fast...I would have drop it due to the same formula. That's why, to save this series you'll need a dark horse and she gave us 4 great episodes. Charlotte's development and interaction with Ichika is what a female heroine should have at all times. I just don't like how they give Houki "that moment" because if that's the case and you're just gonna close the book in this story and roll the credits, then that's just poor writing. She hasn't done anything out of the ordinary to try to pursue him all she does is give him mean looks and a few a kicks. I like Houki, but if they were to give her a more balanced way of developing her character and not try push her to make us like her than, I wouldn't be so harsh. Anyways, was that Charlotte in the preview glowing with green eyes and stuff???

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2011-03-25 at 19:31.
Old 2011-03-25, 20:57   Link #303
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I myself have pretty much given up on IS plot. Iīm just watching it for Chal. I mean, ok, donīt get the wrong impression here. Iīm not suddenly stalking away because we havenīt got any Chal as of late and Houki getting more screentime.

When episode 10 ended, I was all: "Oh hell yeah! Finally some kick ass fight is going to ensue next episode!"

And then while watching episode 11: "WTF? WTF am I watching? Give me some real fight! Not some half assed emo crap about a girl who canīt even pull off the melodramatic act!"

>.>;

So yeah, good thing thereīs only one ep left. All just finish it for the sake of finishing it. xD;; If there is a second season, chances are:

96% that I wonīt watch it. Why? Because when I first picked up IS I had this great ass line of thinking: "Oh yes! I'ma see lasers beams, missiles, bomb attacks and war!"

And what I think now: "....Give me back my faith in anime!! D<"

And yeah.....I know its kinda harsh but meh. Chal is the only thing I liked about this series.
Old 2011-03-25, 21:00   Link #304
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
I myself have pretty much given up on IS plot. Iīm just watching it for Chal. I mean, ok, donīt get the wrong impression here. Iīm not suddenly stalking away because we havenīt got any Chal as of late and Houki getting more screentime.

When episode 10 ended, I was all: "Oh hell yeah! Finally some kick ass fight is going to ensue next episode!"

And then while watching episode 11: "WTF? WTF am I watching? Give me some real fight! Not some half assed emo crap about a girl who canīt even pull off the melodramatic act!"

>.>;

So yeah, good thing thereīs only one ep left. All just finish it for the sake of finishing it. xD;; If there is a second season, chances are:

96% that I wonīt watch it. Why? Because when I first picked up IS I had this great ass line of thinking: "Oh yes! I'ma see lasers beams, missiles, bomb attacks and war!"

And what I think now: "....Give me back my faith in anime!! D<"

And yeah.....I know its kinda harsh but meh. Chal is the only thing I liked about this series.
If they do make a 2nd season, i hope they change the director

Or if they cant do that, at least keep the Chal of ep 6-8, I hope they dont make her change to the Chal in the LN
Old 2011-03-25, 21:01   Link #305
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

What's wrong with the chal of the LN? I mean, sure she has gotten more timid in her love attack but she's still the most adorable and senseable character. xD
Old 2011-03-25, 21:20   Link #306
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
What's wrong with the chal of the LN? I mean, sure she has gotten more timid in her love attack but she's still the most adorable and senseable character. xD
Spoiler for LN:
Old 2011-03-25, 21:24   Link #307
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

You know whatīs more out of the world for me? xDD

How anime girls are so goddamn flawless look-wise. Or like how the typical glasses and braids girls are actually stunning beauties when they take their glasses off.

Heck, I take my glasses off and still look the same. D<
Old 2011-03-25, 21:31   Link #308
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
You know whatīs more out of the world for me? xDD

How anime girls are so goddamn flawless look-wise.
because, otherwise they wouldn't be so appealing. That's a feature, not a bug.
Old 2011-03-25, 21:34   Link #309
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I know, but it totally pisses me off. xDDD I donīt think Iīve ever seen an ugly anime girl. D:
Old 2011-03-25, 21:42   Link #310
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
I know, but it totally pisses me off. xDDD I donīt think Iīve ever seen an ugly anime girl. D:
and you probably won't ever see any. unless it's a background/unimportant character.
Old 2011-03-25, 22:31   Link #311
Joe88

Quote:
lol, if they started putting ulgy chicks in then males wont be attracted to the show
they do it for the ratings
Old 2011-03-25, 23:35   Link #312
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I want to know what's up with Char glowing in the previews. Hopefully, the next episode will make up for this one. If there is gonna be a second season, I'm gonna call it right now; they are probably gonna add a couple filler episodes just for our girl due to her "unexpected" popularity. Clearly, they didn't see this coming...

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2011-03-25 at 23:51.
Old 2011-03-26, 00:36   Link #313
Joe88

glowing?
looks to be some type of new shield

all the girls seem to have gotten upgrade packs for their IS's (excluding houki)
Old 2011-03-26, 01:44   Link #314
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I want to know what's up with Char glowing in the previews. Hopefully, the next episode will make up for this one. If there is gonna be a second season, I'm gonna call it right now; they are probably gonna add a couple filler episodes just for our girl due to her "unexpected" popularity. Clearly, they didn't see this coming...
I hope that we dont get those though, imagine having Char reduced to stupid fanservice provider, I'd rather we have no second season at all,

heck, to me IS first season ended at ep 8
Old 2011-03-26, 02:22   Link #315
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
heck, to me IS first season ended at ep 8
ep10 for me. Tabane's WIN. and for my Laura, of course.
although, I did enjoy a few parts of ep11.
Old 2011-03-26, 02:36   Link #316
Elladan
Ichika no Ecchi!

Send a message via AIM to Elladan Send a message via MSN to Elladan
Sigh... after watching ep 11.. i've lost hope for chal to end up with ichika ... sigh...
Old 2011-03-26, 03:29   Link #317
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladan View Post
Sigh... after watching ep 11.. i've lost hope for chal to end up with ichika ... sigh...
Don't lose hope! theres still more seasons! XD
Old 2011-03-26, 03:31   Link #318
eiyuu99

Even with such changes, Ichika is slow to pick it up.
Yet, he responds quickly towards Chifuyu.
Old 2011-03-26, 03:52   Link #319
indr0008
Physicist

Well Ichika only wants to see boobs, not legs )
Old 2011-03-26, 04:19   Link #320
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
Well Ichika only wants to see boobs, not legs )
But Char has both T3T

Tags
characters