AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-27, 22:15   Link #6241
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome stuff, right here:
Old 2011-11-28, 01:05   Link #6242
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Ouch... now there's an image that perfectly depicts Kariya's pathos.
At first I was -pokerface-

And then I saw Sakura looking back D:
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 01:08   Link #6243
HinataShou

HinataShou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 05:16   Link #6244
careph

Spoiler for Two Kings:
careph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 11:28   Link #6245
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Ouch... now there's an image that perfectly depicts Kariya's pathos.
Not really. If Sakura was happily with the Tohsaka family, he wouldn't have a problem.

It would be better if Sakura was seen walking off with Zouken.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 12:03   Link #6246
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Actually I think it would be better if Toikomi was replaced with a pre-wormfucked Kariya
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 16:02   Link #6247
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Actually I think it would be better if Toikomi was replaced with a pre-wormfucked Kariya
No. It's because of Tokiomi that Rin is a tsundere. If you change that, you submit yourself to oblivion!
Old 2011-11-28, 17:11   Link #6248
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Not really. If Sakura was happily with the Tohsaka family, he wouldn't have a problem.
...Actually, he would. Okay, maybe not a "break down and cry on the ground" problem, but if you think Kariya's actions and transformation were fuelled merely by what Zouken's put Sakura through, then you're not paying much attention to his characterisation. It's heavily implied that he loves Aoi as well and envisions himself as the right man to take care of her and her daughters. But he can't have them because they were taken by this cold magus bastard instead, who cares so little about their familial bond that even goes as far as to discard one of his daughters as a political tool. Tokiomi has everything Kariya could ever hope for, but he treats it with a cold indifference rather than with the love Kariya believes they deserve and would show them if given the chance.

That's why depicting Kariya watching on from afar as Tokiomi walks off with Aoi and the two girls produces a more powerful image than simply Zouken with Sakura.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 17:11   Link #6249
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ I think the heartbreaking tragedy of that image is that Kariya is such an amazing person that despite what he may feel about Tokiomi, it's not hard to imagine that image being the end result if he were to obtain the Holy Grail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
No. It's because of Tokiomi that Rin is a tsundere. If you change that, you submit yourself to oblivion!
Lol, poor Kariya...
Old 2011-11-28, 17:30   Link #6250
Vicious108

Quote:
^ I think the heartbreaking tragedy of that image is that Kariya is such an amazing person that despite what he may feel about Tokiomi, it's not hard to imagine that image being the end result if he were to obtain the Holy Grail.
That too. If there's anyone selfless enough to do that, it would indeed be Kariya.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 18:31   Link #6251
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I think Kayneth and Kariya can be bros in the afterlife. They have a lot to relate to.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 01:04   Link #6252
GeostigmataShi

What kinda of father tokiomi is anyway...
i find it hard to believe aoi choose tokomi over kariya ; x ;
GeostigmataShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 01:12   Link #6253
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

It was more of a political type of marriage than love really, IIRC.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 13:04   Link #6254
HinataShou

HinataShou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 15:01   Link #6255
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That's horrible on so many levels. Horrible.
Old 2011-11-29, 15:33   Link #6256
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

For the love of God, put that under spoiler tags...and a clear warning....
Old 2011-11-29, 16:25   Link #6257
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, if nothing else, I'm now thoroughly convinced that Waver would not have worked as a female.

It would make the Waver/Iskander dynamic seem pretty creepy to say the least (rather than the compelling manly bonding we have right now).
Old 2011-11-29, 18:02   Link #6258
LostHanyou

Hell I'd still hit it.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 18:32   Link #6259
LunarMoon

Well, at least it used the CG Dolphin version...
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 19:58   Link #6260
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Ugh. That picture is very hard to look at...
Well, it's odd, because it's a sad picture, but really it's pretty much a happy end. He's seemingly saved Sakura, and returned her to her family.

Quote:
...Actually, he would. Okay, maybe not a "break down and cry on the ground" problem, but if you think Kariya's actions and transformation were fuelled merely by what Zouken's put Sakura through, then you're not paying much attention to his characterisation. It's heavily implied that he loves Aoi as well and envisions himself as the right man to take care of her and her daughters. But he can't have them because they were taken by this cold magus bastard instead, who cares so little about their familial bond that even goes as far as to discard one of his daughters as a political tool. Tokiomi has everything Kariya could ever hope for, but he treats it with a cold indifference rather than with the love Kariya believes they deserve and would show them if given the chance.

That's why depicting Kariya watching on from afar as Tokiomi walks off with Aoi and the two girls produces a more powerful image than simply Zouken with Sakura.
Well, I think he'd be conflicted. On one hand, from the moment he decided to allow Zouken to place the worms inside him, his life was forfeit. All he could ever hope to achieve was to return Sakura to her mother, and allow her to live her life, and he's achieved that goal, so he should be happy. On the other hand, to see the people you gave so much to save walking away from you with the man who is responsible for their suffering in the first place has got to hurt....

Quote:
It's not only "not hard to imagine", it's explicitly what he intended to happen (although probably without Tokiomi around). He knew he would die shortly after the war, and he outright states in the early part of Zero that helping Sakura get over the torments she went through in that house would be the job of others, since he will not be around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I think Kayneth and Kariya can be bros in the afterlife. They have a lot to relate to.
Really? How?

Kaneyth is a lot closer in nature to Tokiomi than he is to Kariya. If Sakura had been his daughter, he'd have given her away without a second thought if he felt it was best for the family.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/apocrypha, fate/extra, fate/grand order, fate/hollow ataraxia, fate/kaleid liner, fate/stay night, fate/zero, images