AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-23, 17:04   Link #1961
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Hiramaru spinoff where art thou?
Shujin death / triangle flag approaching nxt chapter
Old 2011-04-24, 16:05   Link #1962
Excelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
The 'romance' (can you even call it that?) with Azuki is the biggest fail of this series. At least they finally acknowledged it (somewhat) in this chapter with Mashiro thinking about 'the essence of youth'.
Good catch. Hope Azuki does play a significant part in the reunion and we see some sort of progress. At some point they'll have to go back to an arc about manga though PCPs been successful for so long now that it seems like it could just get an anime at any time, and it's becoming unreasonable that it hasn't. We've seen a lot of time spent on fleshing out the new and secondary characters, which is fine, but I'm anxious for some progress with the main protagonists. Things have really slowed down with them a lot lately. That or maybe spending some time on Azuki.

Last edited by Excelion; 2011-04-24 at 16:18.
Old 2011-05-06, 10:02   Link #1963
blue_sora

Chapter 130 somehow makes me feel sad for Saikou and Takagi, they really aren't having fun like other youths. Kinda feel pity for mangakas now.

I hope PCP wouldn't get cancelled. But I think it would. That is really bad publicity for PCP and parents may ask it to be cancelled.
Old 2011-05-06, 10:20   Link #1964
lordshadowisle

They're drawing from their own experiences, aren't they?

It's bad publicity for PCP, but I don't think it would be canceled; at least no harm seems to be done (yet).
Old 2011-05-06, 10:32   Link #1965
Khalil

PCP needs to be cancelled in order for them to ever get an anime made - unless the notoriety helps them, which is doubtful.
Old 2011-05-06, 11:37   Link #1966
larethian

whatever the case, they need to get an interesting ordeal and overcome it or this manga will become stale.
Old 2011-05-06, 11:48   Link #1967
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And with this, Nanamine-kun will finally have his revenge, mwahahaha! ...wait a minute
Old 2011-05-06, 12:07   Link #1968
Tiberium Wolf

It's game over for PCP. Next we will probably have parents complaining that their children are being lead astray by PCP.
Old 2011-05-06, 13:11   Link #1969
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

There's no doubt about it, PCP will some sort of trouble out of this. Probably not cancellation, though it's hard to say at this point.

Ending drama aside, that was a damn good chapter. It's the typical problem i'm sure all mangaka's have come across during their careers, and it was done with such beauty.

& when did Saiko meet Oda-sensei?
Old 2011-05-06, 13:15   Link #1970
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
PCP needs to be cancelled in order for them to ever get an anime made - unless the notoriety helps them, which is doubtful.
in the US, the controversy would make them millionaires and hollywood would be beating down their door.
Old 2011-05-06, 13:23   Link #1971
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
in the US, the controversy would make them millionaires and hollywood would be beating down their door.
^True that. Maybe their readers will come to their aid and things will go from there...

Also someone better check on Nanamine's whereabouts when this happened...
Old 2011-05-06, 15:57   Link #1972
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& when did Saiko meet Oda-sensei?
Most likely at the new year's party. Wish they had shown it. There are real-life editors in the manga, so why not real-life mangakas?

Mashiro finally realized he's wasted his youth. It's fine since he's having fun with work and doesn't regret anything, but I still can't help but feel he and Azuki's helpless romanticism made them miss out on a lot. Was it worth waiting that long? How much longer are they going to have to wait? There are tons of things they will never be able to experience now that Mashiro is a pro and can't afford to take vacations.

I don't think PCP is going to get canceled, unless those incidents escalate. Death Note stirred up controversy in its time, and nothing every happened to it. If anything, it made it ever more popular.
Old 2011-05-06, 16:00   Link #1973
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The authors are clearly drawing this from personal experiences. With that being said I think we can assume that the conclusion of this will also be the same as reality which was nothing.
Old 2011-05-06, 16:35   Link #1974
viperx116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Death Note stirred up controversy in its time, and nothing every happened to it..
Really? Like what?
Old 2011-05-06, 17:11   Link #1975
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^Kids getting their own Death note, writing in it how they'd like their teachers, classmates, whatever to die. This actually led to the manga getting banned in China. Then again, it's China. I'm sure this phenomenon was present in Japan as well (a few kids in America did it too, and I'm sure the same goes for a lot of other countries) but I don't know how big of a deal it was in Japan though.

There was also that belgian murder case where the murderer left a note saying "I am Kira" written in lousy japanese near the victim (oh, seems like that case was finally solved! Took them three years). This was highly mediatized in Japan. It happened after the manga ended serialization though, so obviously it didn't affect it.
Old 2011-05-06, 19:05   Link #1976
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I think the authors of Bakuman are really using their experience from Death Note (that one real life murder incident based off of it) in a great way. PCP shouldn't really be affected as they're not the ones at fault here - the ones who broke in are.
Old 2011-05-07, 02:41   Link #1977
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
PCP shouldn't really be affected as they're not the ones at fault here - the ones who broke in are.
Not everyone will accept the situation like that. There will be problems because of this incident.
Old 2011-05-07, 05:28   Link #1978
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
My favorite chapter in a while.

The reasons I think this could lead to the cancelation of PCP are meta only,as Khalil said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
PCP needs to be cancelled in order for them to ever get an anime made

PCP's not getting an anime so the plot is stuck and to me it was starting to show,that last chapter felt to me like some kind of naruto anime filler episode.

So you need the manga to get canceled but it'd be hard to see why PCP would sundenly start droping in the ratings,so they needed another reason and this is it.
Old 2011-05-07, 09:33   Link #1979
Xagzan

Damn that Sakura TV, always causing trouble

And did everyone else forget about the several anime offers PCP got that the Chief had in his desk? Just because it'd be hard for it to get an anime doesn't mean it wouldn't.
Old 2011-05-07, 09:37   Link #1980
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... It'd probably take a change of editor-in-chief first. The problem isn't just finding a willing studio - it's for the owners (that is, Shonen Jump) to be willing to deal with the possible crap shower.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen