AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-02, 20:42   Link #1
amasposu

Stealth Symphony

Name: Stealth Symphony
Associated Names: ステルス交境曲〈シンフォニー〉
Author: Narita Ryougo (Durarara!! and Baccano!)
Artist: Amano Youichi
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 22:21   Link #2
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
Author: Narita Ryougo (Durarara!! and Baccano!)
You had me at this.

Whelp, I know what I'm reading later.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 02:11   Link #3
Iron Maw
Banned

ch 1-2

This turned out to be a lot more "fantasy-based" than I expected. Not that it's bad thing mind you, it's just that I have come to expect Narita's more contemporary stylings with are supported by hidden fantasy elements underneath.

That said, to be honest I'm pretty underwhelmed by the first two chapters. Feels like the concepts are mishmash of generic fantasy tropes without much in the way of coherency or sophistication I've come to expect from the author. The two leads don't much for me on a character level either. I don't feel much way of motivation to learn more about this world and it's characters because the plot so far comes as too standard (or it's better to say too JUMP battle manga-ike). If weren't Narita's involvement I might have dropped it already since so far since it looks to be Narita making a weekly JUMP without Narita's flair.

I'll still give a couple more chapters to hook me, but I really hope this doesn't suffer same curse that affected Medaka Box like it did with Nisio. Afterall It's always cool to see collaborations like this.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-11 at 13:46.
Old 2014-03-11, 11:00   Link #4
Kirandra

Chapter 3's up on Batoto.

It feels like Narita's still setting up the worldbuilding and introducing characters, and plot isn't going to kick in for some time yet. And I fully admit that Souya is a huge part of why I picked this up.
Kirandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 16:01   Link #5
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm also a bit wary of this one. Mentioning of "Item Ranks" has me rolling my eyes at Shounen Jump style powerlevel battles. And Toroana being literally a blank slate that has no motivations and just follows the MC around for Deus Ex Machina asspulls, seems rather poor characterization.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 16:28   Link #6
Tenzen12

Personaly I am quite fond of it as I don't have problem with classic shonen genre (I liked Mushibugyou and recent manga UQ holders, which I found actualy more interesting than it's predecessor). And due Naritas ability make interesting connection between large number characters and groups it has plenty of potencial to rise above most of them.

Also Toroana might be "blank slate" but it is appearently intentional and it also means it can be painted by all colours of rainbow
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 02:44   Link #7
kazzuya13

I wonder what the pickpocket master like. After all he/she was able to pick pocket out of a invisible dragon and a powerful assassin.
Old 2014-03-23, 10:06   Link #8
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 4-5

Ch 5 up.

Okay, the last two chapters have been pretty good. Starting to get into this now and twist at end of ch 5 helps quite a bit (something like that is sooo Nartia ). Looking forward to where things go with that.

For a-eh chick/cyborg with no eyes Laika is pretty cute.
Old 2014-03-25, 09:04   Link #9
com_gwp

Oh wow, that chapter 5 twist, should I say "as expected of Narita"? Give him a group of characters to work with and he can put them through the most interesting of situations. Stealth Symphony is really shaping up to be something special, I hope this has a good long run in it.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 16:02   Link #10
Iron Maw
Banned

ch 7

Heh, somehow I'm not surprised at Toroana;s response to situation when he finally met face to face Sieg.

I wonder if Narita is a Breath of Fire fan? The world mostly consisting mixed raced of anthropomorphic humanoids, with Dragons (who also can shape-shift into humans) standing a top of the hierarchy really reminds me of that now.

Heck, that fish merchant looks also entirely like Marlok (minus the fake french accent) from BoF 4!

Old 2014-04-11, 08:31   Link #11
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Heh, somehow I'm not surprised at Toroana;s response to situation when he finally met face to face Sieg.

I wonder if Narita is a Breath of Fire fan? The world mostly consisting mixed raced of anthropomorphic humanoids, with Dragons (who also can shape-shift into humans) standing a top of the hierarchy really reminds me of that now.

Heck, that fish merchant looks also entirely like Marlok (minus the fake french accent) from BoF 4!

I'm currently re-playing it again for all times sake. By the way for me Bof IV is the best amongst the series.
Old 2014-04-13, 02:38   Link #12
Iron Maw
Banned

ch 8

^Yeah, it's my favorite too. I actually replayed it last winter on my PSP.

Holy Shit @ that Laika's Satellite Cannon and even moreso when the Ninja not only pinpoint it, but LITERALLY THREW SHURIKENS IN SPACE JUST TO DESTROY IT?!

That aside, it's like how Sieg developing now. He's coming on to his own by establishing his convictions and values and learning stick by them even if causes friends to become his enemies. To that end he is now willingly making use of his power even doesn't care for it personally. Great thing about this is doesn't feel force and it take 20 chapters for it to happen.

Looking forward to how this conflict concludes net chapter.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-21 at 12:39.
Old 2014-04-13, 03:35   Link #13
Valky
Radioactive

It's pretty good so far.

Btw, a satellite that could snipe from orbit is only level D, huh? And that ninja's arm strength must be insane since he was able to throw a shuriken into the orbit, as expected of battle of people with absurd abilities. I wonder if level A treasure could destroy a country.
Old 2014-04-21, 12:11   Link #14
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 9

A sadistic mermaid huh? Didn't expect that. lol
Old 2014-04-30, 21:10   Link #15
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 10

I know this is JUMP and so the chance of a character dying is really low, but it's really hard to imagine Waybis surviving that.
Old 2014-05-01, 19:23   Link #16
kazzuya13

Quote:
I know this is JUMP and so the chance of a character dying is really low, but it's really hard to imagine Waybis surviving that.
Not really. In the early chapter of most jump action manga. The minor antagonist dies or erase.
Old 2014-05-02, 05:01   Link #17
SineMora
Wait for it...

RIP Mermaid, The more firepower you have, the more it will return to you... "Heavy Metal Karma Dragon" Hates Your Guts...
It's been NOT nice knowing you... Hope you get... Vaporized.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 06:18   Link #18
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 11-11.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Not really. In the early chapter of most jump action manga. The minor antagonist dies or erase.
Well after ch 11 I'm gonna have to take that back, at least for this manga.

Fishguy guy just got unceremoniously pushed off a building complete with the "splat" impact and our poor Mermaid was just sent off to some hell dimension where she will probably be tortured until broken by that creepy kid.

Oh and there is this gem:

Images
oh dear
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And we haven't gone over all the other things like slaves for human sacrifices or the unsavory characters and organizations in the city either. This is totally a Crapsaccharine World isn't?

In otherwords, this is pretty much now a Narita story.
Old 2014-05-11, 06:56   Link #19
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Well after ch 11 I'm gonna have to take that back, at least for this manga.

Fishguy guy just got unceremoniously pushed off a building complete with the "splat" impact and our poor Mermaid was just sent off to some hell dimension where she will probably be tortured until broken by that creepy kid.

Oh and there is this gem:

Images
oh dear
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And we haven't gone over all the other things like slaves for human sacrifices or the unsavory characters and organizations in the city either. This is totally a Crapsaccharine World isn't?

In otherwords, this is pretty much now a Narita story.
I wouldn't be surprised if the head of the police ends up inside of a Heavy Metal Dragonic Trash Compactor next time...
*clank*
*crush*
*splat*
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 09:07   Link #20
kazzuya13

I wonder if 1 of the 28 that he killed is his sister. After all even though he keeps writing to her sister it was never show that he is sending any letter.