AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 17:47   Link #621
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Oh yes! I was laughing each time they showed that. Poor Kurou.XD
The second one got me too .

About the ep in itself well, I'm not sure we are much more advanced about the pot with this episode, I felt the time pass slowly (again , felt like 1hour while shinsekai did the opposite).
I wonder how many Tvtropes/Cooltropes we could count in these 2 episodes .

I'm getting some half Guilty Crown vibe, this is not a good sign .

If it's the same next week I will drop this, I already have many thing to watch this season.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 17:52   Link #622
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Saw this on tumblr, haven't seen the other series to get the reference.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-11, 17:59   Link #623
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh, Kurou... XD
The second one was specially hilarious.
Old 2012-10-11, 18:08   Link #624
kuromitsu

Quote:
Oh yes! I was laughing each time they showed that. Poor Kurou.XD
The part where he ran into a wall was also pretty funny, especially with the dramatic music. XD

Quote:
Also, this is the first time in an anime I've seen where someone refers to themselves using wagahai.
She's a cat, after all, there was no way they wouldn't make her say that. (Btw wagahai crops up every now and then: from the top of my head I remember Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist and Switzerland from Hetalia.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
I wonder how many Tvtropes/Cooltropes we could count in these 2 episodes .
Quite a lot, I thin. XD This episode we even had a completely random maid!

Going by the preview the next episode seems to be more action-oriented... at least both the girly-named Skateboard Guy (seriously, Misaki?? ) and Septer 4's third-in-command seem to be getting some action.

Quote:
Saw this on tumblr, haven't seen the other series to get the reference.
It's Togainu no chi, right? I don't think it's a reference, at least it's a pretty common pose...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:36   Link #625
Jin-MoRi

Im loving the Opening, reminds me of Asura Cryin!
Jin-MoRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:50   Link #626
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

after 2 episodes i have no freaking idea what im watching, the atmosphere of the show and character personalities seem to fluctuate by the second, the show is somewhat enjoyable mostly thanks to the visuals, but plot-wise everything seems like a blend of any genre you can find in anime nowadays without any focus.
Old 2012-10-11, 19:49   Link #627
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

For some reason the Cat girl reminded me of Shiro from Deadman Wonderland. A powerful, mysterious character that drifts about and is in close proximity to the main character. Visually interesting show.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 20:11   Link #628
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
She's a cat, after all, there was no way they wouldn't make her say that. (Btw wagahai crops up every now and then: from the top of my head I remember Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist and Switzerland from Hetalia.)
You also forgot the cat voiced by Norio Wakamoto in Azumanga Daioh.

"Wagahai wa neko de aaaru."
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 20:26   Link #629
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Still no idea where this show is headed, but the second episode was pretty fun to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
My favorite part:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh, Kurou... XD
likewise. Its the highlight of the episode. I was just grinning until he closed his eyes, and I ended up laughing hysterically.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 20:42   Link #630
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Loser View Post
For some reason the Cat girl reminded me of Shiro from Deadman Wonderland. A powerful, mysterious character that drifts about and is in close proximity to the main character. Visually interesting show.
Yeah yet another one. It's why I continue to laugh every time i hear people claim how misogynistic anime is towards female characters. Yeah usually theres also still a male lead that gets most of the focus in action shows usually but yeah...evidence speaks for itself lately.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 21:06   Link #631
Insane
Banned

Speaking of which, who the heck tagged this thread with "shoujo", "yaoi", and "shounen-ai"? It's very ill-informed and misleading.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 21:09   Link #632
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Second episode left nowhere near of an impact as the first one did. However, it was still pretty interesting. Guess we can't go two episodes without a naked cat girl appearing, but I guess they did warn us in the preview.

Nya ~:3
Old 2012-10-11, 21:57   Link #633
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'd like to have the GIF of Kurou's painted eyes as an avatar.
Seriousness destroyed by graffiti.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-10-12, 00:41   Link #634
dark998

Goddamn, Shiro is definitely more cunning than he looks, being able to fool Kuro with the tale of his poor, sick sister and then managing to escape graciously with those light bombs and the bear costume. 10/10, Shiro.

Also, small clash between Kuro and Yata featuring one of those Angela insert songs. And the highlight of the episode was of course, Neko, who has some nifty abilities so that's a nice bonus in addition to her looks and easygoing personality.

Finally the ED, which is all about Neko so...yeah. It's good.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 00:54   Link #635
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I really don't get the comparisons to that pile of poop called Guilty Crown. It took itself seriously, when it was anything but.

K, so far, has been pretty good, because it hasn't buried itself under pretending to be a pretentiously serious show. So far, at least. Just a beautiful (if oversaturated), irreverent, borderline surreal, stylish bit of fun. Of course, a lot can change over the course of a season, but so far, I think things look good.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 02:02   Link #636
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Speaking of which, who the heck tagged this thread with "shoujo", "yaoi", and "shounen-ai"? It's very ill-informed and misleading.
Blame all the people who freaked out over Shiro blushing in ep 1, declared the show BL and left in a huff, feeling betrayed. (Seriously, read back in the thread, it's ridiculous.)

I wonder where they are now and how stupid they feel with all the Neko fanservice in this episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Goddamn, Shiro is definitely more cunning than he looks, being able to fool Kuro with the tale of his poor, sick sister and then managing to escape graciously with those light bombs and the bear costume. 10/10, Shiro.
The way he bullshitted his way out of danger was hilarious. Poor Kurou, he's too naive for this job. (And he even tried to be intimidating with dangling Shiro in the air like that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
K, so far, has been pretty good, because it hasn't buried itself under pretending to be a pretentiously serious show.
Yeah, from the first ep it seemed it would be all about posturing, but it showed in this ep that it's not afraid of making fun of itself, which is always a good thing.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 05:41   Link #637
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Someone should really get a mod to deal with those two tags...
Old 2012-10-12, 07:12   Link #638
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was pretty funny, which isn't what I expected from this series at all. It was basically a cat and mouse episode. Not much happened other than that.

I don't know what to think anymore. As long as it remains enjoyable to watch, I suppose it's ok.
Old 2012-10-12, 07:48   Link #639
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Now I've lost it.

Old 2012-10-12, 08:31   Link #640
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Best OST of this season.

Kurou can safely change his name to Honda Futayo now. They're like clones or something...

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural