AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 22:04   Link #20901
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
EXTRA will be stuff like the stats in F/SN... character bios, unlocked story content, Director Koizumi stuff, that kind of thing.
Awesome. Can I assume they come with ranks too?

Quote:
Because you can't code infinite things?
You CAN, and it's actually not hard. Heatth will learn this soon, it's called infinite recursion and infinite loops. Both of them are something we try to avoid.

For those who are familiar with C++, try running this code:
while(){
fork();
}

Quote:
Of course I'll be going over/editing stuff.
I'd serve on the editing staff, but piloting is a real brain bleach requiring you to memorize A(IR) LAWZ.
Quote:
I think he needs to believe in him who believes in you who believes in himself who believes in me who believes in her.

Wait.
No, NO TTGL references. Next one will get a stabbing from me.

Last edited by besieger; 2009-11-02 at 22:21.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:05   Link #20902
Iaevuous

Quote:
I think he needs to believe in him who believes in you who believes in himself who believes in me who believes in her.

Wait.
Kaisos thinks that Kogetsu needs to believe in Kogetsu himself who believes in believes in Heatth who believes in Heatth himself who believes in Kaisos who believes in...

Wait.

Who is "her"?
Iaevuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:07   Link #20903
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Kyonko?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:09   Link #20904
Iaevuous

That's who my mind leapt to at first, but then I thought of the other candidates...
Old 2009-11-02, 22:12   Link #20905
luap1138

Perhaps Midori?
luap1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:12   Link #20906
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
Awesome. Can I assume they come with ranks too?
What, like the servant ranks? No, there are no ranks. Maybe stats as a joke, but no ranks. Those are stupidly arbitrary anyway.

Hmm, stats.

Well, Kyonko's EVA would be off the charts, for starters... probably have above-average STR for a female character, but little else besides those...

Quote:
You CAN, and it's actually not hard. Heatth will learn this soon, it's called infinite recursion and infinite loops. Both of them are something we try to avoid.
Fair enough, I don't remember much from my coding classes.... but I don't see how you'd feasibly code infinite save slots. Feasibly.

Quote:
Why? It's, like, the best original anime ever.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:15   Link #20907
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
It's just a Go Nagai anime without Go Nagai directing it.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:24   Link #20908
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Gasp! I'm.....
NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Forgotton already? Tears.
lol I forgot about you guys sorry XD (would it be alright if you are one of the Radical 3? Aside from binjovi )

But Kogetsu did say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
You're supporting cast. Given how the series works, you should be glad you even have a name.
or I think he was joking XD

Quote:
That's who my mind leapt to at first, but then I thought of the other candidates...
I thought the "her" was Itsuko XD or Tsuruya-san

Last edited by bhl88; 2009-11-02 at 22:34.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:34   Link #20909
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaevuous View Post
You guys are just over-analyzing my rambling, you realize...

Quote:
It's just a Go Nagai anime without Go Nagai directing it.
No, it's a tribute to the history of mecha anime. And it reintroduced a lot of old concepts to newer fans. Like Kamina's character type, which you don't goddamn see in anime nowadays, except in Mainstream Shounen Crap.

I loved it for its manliness, over-the-top-ness, and ballsiness. (It killed off major characters, both of which were character types that really don't tend to die easily...)

I loved it.
Old 2009-11-02, 22:35   Link #20910
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
Now we need a Haruki with his shirt off shouting "Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens!"
His spiral power would be off the charts.

Incidentally, I've always visualized a tiger dojo-esque corner after the bad ends led by none other than Taniguchi, Kunikida, and the occasional guest star since I'm doubting they get much screentime (and it always falls to the minor characters to do these things). Use it to shed some insight, make some jokes, and sometimes laugh at the choices of the protagonist (Kyon).

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:38   Link #20911
Iaevuous

Quote:
Incidentally, I've always visualized a tiger dojo-esque corner after the bad ends led by none other than Kunikida, Taniguchi, and the occasional guest star. Use it to shed some insight, make some jokes, and sometimes laugh at the choices of the protagonist (Kyon).
I vaguely recall some discussion about fourth-wall breaking bad ends. I think that it involved the adult Mikuru and the Time Traveller's agency the last time it came up. Something along the lines of "Silly player. Kyon would never hang out with Taniguchi if he had anything else to do."
Old 2009-11-02, 22:40   Link #20912
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Incidentally, I've always visualized a tiger dojo-esque corner after the bad ends led by none other than Taniguchi, Kunikida, and the occasional guest star since I'm doubting they get much screentime (and it always falls to the minor characters to do these things). Use it to shed some insight, make some jokes, and sometimes laugh at the choices of the protagonist (Kyon).
I was going to give that to the SCPs, actually... It's a good role for them.
Old 2009-11-02, 22:40   Link #20913
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaevuous
I vaguely recall some discussion about fourth-wall breaking bad ends. I think that it involved the adult Mikuru and the Time Traveller's agency the last time it came up. Something along the lines of "Silly player. Kyon would never hang out with Taniguchi if he had anything else to do."
I remember that. That was all the way back at the beginning. Even before the project was "officially" started I think.

Quote:
Really? I never really thought the SCPs would have any screentime at all (other than that cameo). Considering that it's September and female SCP doesn't even show up.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend

Last edited by swtrooper42; 2009-11-02 at 22:51.
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:45   Link #20914
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Now we need a Haruki with his shirt off shouting "Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens!"
His spiral power would be off the charts.

Computer Club President maybe (but he'll get more screentime in the future as Haruhi's slave or something).... or the leaders who created the game...

Taniguchi: So Binjovi, who created Midori?
Binjovi: Kaisos did.

or something like that
Old 2009-11-02, 22:45   Link #20915
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Really? I never really thought the SCP would have any screentime at all (other than that cameo). Considering that it's September and female SCP doesn't even show up.
They're awesome, that's enough reason to include them for that purpose.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-11-02, 22:47   Link #20916
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
A FLUFF WRITER WOULD ALSO BE NICE!
By fluff writer you mean someone to write useless small things, like the small scene variations I suggested in Day5? That would be awesome.

Speaking on that, wouldn't be a good idea having a recruting post where you/Danchou post every slot is needed to be fulfilled? Then we can link it from the first post and made a sig (whith maybe that "Haruki wants you" amage) linking to it.

Quote:
EXTRA will be stuff like the stats in F/SN... character bios, unlocked story content, Director Koizumi stuff, that kind of thing.
I actually totally missed that EXTRA in your post. So, I guess I understood how it should be. I will work on it.

Quote:
Because you can't code infinite things?
Quote:

For those who are familiar with C++, try running this code:
while(){
fork();
}

Eh, this don't matter. It is already codded. It is a standard feature. Every Ren'py made game has it by default.

Quote:
Would you mind stating who is who in that? The "you" is Heatth and the "me" is obviously you, but...
I believe both "him" and "her" are you. It is your fault, you know.

Quote:
I believe Danchou has other ideas... But that would also be awesome.

PP:
Quote:
That would be funny too. But I believe hearing Danchou saying something different. My memory is not that good, tough, so I might be mistake.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:49   Link #20917
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Really? I never really thought the SCP would have any screentime at all (other than that cameo). Considering that it's September and female SCP doesn't even show up.
I had considered the Anti-SOS too, but I'll save them for another game.

The SCPs work for this because of their dual personalities and also because I see Takehito Koyasu voicing male SCP... and they're incredibly awesome.
Old 2009-11-02, 22:51   Link #20918
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I believe both "him" and "her" are you.
So... wait... I am he... and she is me... and... uh... goo goo goo joob?
Old 2009-11-02, 22:52   Link #20919
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
By fluff writer you mean someone to write useless small things, like the small scene variations I suggested in Day5? That would be awesome.
Yeah, but I was mostly referring to romantic fluff though... and I'm not that great at that.

Quote:
Speaking on that, wouldn't be a good idea having a recruting post where you/Danchou post every slot is needed to be fulfilled? Then we can link it from the first post and made a sig (whith maybe that "Haruki wants you" amage) linking to it.
This is a good idea. We should do that sometime.

Quote:
ANIMA! FEEL MY PAIN!
Old 2009-11-02, 23:02   Link #20920
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Yeah, but I was mostly referring to romantic fluff though... and I'm not that great at that.
Ah. Well, this is a problem isn't it? I mean, it is a date sim an all...

Anyway, I would like to repeat my suggestion then: having a variation of tsuko's and Kyonko's scene in Day5, for when you don't fulfill, or just partially fulfill, the requeriments for the full scene. Just for the sake of consistence, it is not like Itsuko give up going to store just because Kyon didn't called Itsuki early in that day. Your reason for don't accepting was it would be too much work to you (which is true, given what you already do), however, it wouldn't be a problem if another person do right?

Quote:
This is a good idea. We should do that sometime.
How about now? We could begin by listing what we are needing. Meanly people image editor, also some music editors. A fluff writer and route writer (tought I believe we already have some writers right? They were just not assigned to a job, yet)

Quote:
As I said, it is all your fault.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan