AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-09-17, 21:51   Link #19861
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
I was under the impression that Kogetsu was male due to his rabid Yuki fanboyism. Much like my rabid Haruki/Kyon fanboyism, but without the death threats and the knife.

EDIT: Unless I stumbled upon a hardcore HarukiXKyon-MM yaoi picture and someone tried to take it away from me... Then I'd probably ask Kogetsu for a knife.
Old 2009-09-17, 22:00   Link #19862
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by yggdrasil325 View Post
Kaisos, can we still PM our guesses to you?
Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yggdrasil325 View Post
Battler and Ronove are like a reverse Koizumi/Kyon in almost every way, aren't they?
Yes. Which makes the anime's choices for VAs hilarious.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 23:14   Link #19863
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
I was under the impression that Kogetsu was male due to his rabid Yuki fanboyism. Much like my rabid Haruki/Kyon fanboyism, but without the death threats and the knife.

EDIT: Unless I stumbled upon a hardcore HarukiXKyon-MM yaoi picture and someone tried to take it away from me... Then I'd probably ask Kogetsu for a knife.
I have the same impression, but, you know, before you, all rabids fans of Yaoi I knew are fangirls. So, who knows? Also, Kogetsu is an "Alien Witch's Apprentice". I am not sure if you can have a male witch in english. It is why I started to think he(?) might be a girl in the first place.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 00:19   Link #19864
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I have the same impression, but, you know, before you, all rabids fans of Yaoi I knew are fangirls. So, who knows? Also, Kogetsu is an "Alien Witch's Apprentice". I am not sure if you can have a male witch in english. It is why I started to think he(?) might be a girl in the first place.
In modern days, generally not. Historically, though, witch was one of several terms used to describe users of magic or other arcane arts and was not gender specific.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 00:49   Link #19865
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Anyway, the greentext is, obviously, Kogetsu. Just see how he likes using a colored text for random comments.
Already said I'd be silver, not green.

Quote:
...Actually, sorry for asking, but, Kogetsu, are you male or female?
Oh dear... did someone put you up to this?

Look, if you want to keep thinking of me as a guy, go ahead. If everyone wants to start thinking of me as a girl, I'm perfectly fine with that, too.

I don't particularly see the need to force one thought or the other, as it really doesn't bother me.

Quote:
That doesn't really prove much. My attacks on people are simply on the grounds that they objectify her.

Also... ever hear of the term Yandere? I'm simply mad about the character type.

Quote:
Kogetsu is an "Alien Witch's Apprentice". I am not sure if you can have a male witch in english. It is why I started to think he(?) might be a girl in the first place.
"Great Goddess" and "Alien Witch" are terms attached to Nagato within the series, you know.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 01:53   Link #19866
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
"Great Goddess" and "Alien Witch" are terms attached to Nagato within the series, you know.
Being a witch's apprentice is probably gender neutral. Like Rin & Shirou.

Isn't green actually the composite of color blue and yellow? Why isn't there any red in the darkness of the human soul? Anybody want to analyse the symbology of color green to unearth the conspiracy? Paging Proffesor Langdon.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 02:57   Link #19867
Heatth

Quote:
Oh dear... did someone put you up to this?

Look, if you want to keep thinking of me as a guy, go ahead. If everyone wants to start thinking of me as a girl, I'm perfectly fine with that, too.

I don't particularly see the need to force one thought or the other, as it really doesn't bother me.

That doesn't really prove much. My attacks on people are simply on the grounds that they objectify her.

Also... ever hear of the term Yandere? I'm simply mad about the character type.

It...is not a matter if bother you or not, you know. Oh, well, cosidering 'Aboute me' informations on the profile, it is not really surprising you don't awsering.

Anyway, what is ' put me up to this'? no one asked me to ask you, if is what you are asking.

Quote:
Oh, that is true. I kinda didn't compute the 'apostrophe s'. Read it as Witch aprendice'.
Old 2009-09-18, 07:30   Link #19868
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Isn't green actually the composite of color blue and yellow? Why isn't there any red in the darkness of the human soul?
Because if there be Red, it won't be Green, but White. White is associated with Light, and Green is a Shadow of White/Light. Light is also associated with God, thus Green is a Shadow of God.

Or what.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 08:01   Link #19869
vivify93

So, Kogetsu...

...You're...Zoicite?

Or maybe Gogo?
Old 2009-09-18, 09:14   Link #19870
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
It...is not a matter if bother you or not, you know. Oh, well, cosidering 'Aboute me' informations on the profile, it is not really surprising you don't awsering.
I essentially gave you permission to call me whichever you prefer, so I don't see the problem.

Quote:
Anyway, what is ' put me up to this'? no one asked me to ask you, if is what you are asking.
Long story. People have been asking me about that recently, so I was just wondering, is all.

Quote:
So, Kogetsu...

...You're...Zoicite?
Hahaha, no.

Quote:
Or maybe Gogo?
... Which Gogo? I might take this as a compliment.

*e* What a lovely post number I have obtained.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-18, 09:58   Link #19871
Heatth

Quote:
I essentially gave you permission to call me whichever you prefer, so I don't see the problem.
Oh, sorry. I am not saying there is a problem. Just that don't answer the question at all. (Not you have to, anyway)

Quote:
... Which Gogo? I might take this as a compliment.
Final Fantasy (since FFV). Just a random misterious character that wear havy cloths and never speak (beinga a mimic). So no one have clue if he(?) is a man or a woman.
Old 2009-09-18, 11:21   Link #19872
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

FFV's was fun. You're doing perfectly nothing, perfectly!

FFVI's wasn't as fun. No fun at all.
Old 2009-09-18, 17:58   Link #19873
ryanasaurus0077
Nostalgia Critic's #1 fan

Quote:

What aboot FFVII? (Sorry, I'm in "speak-like-a-Canadian" mode today.)
Old 2009-09-18, 20:22   Link #19874
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: Morning- Dispute:

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: Classroom- Someone's Watching:
Shadow takes all.

Last edited by scify; 2009-09-18 at 20:54.
Old 2009-09-18, 20:56   Link #19875
vivify93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu

Either or. FFVI's was a homage to FFV's, remember. Also, if you use him right, he can be tons of fun! Need an extra thief? Equip the "Steal" command! Need an extra blue mage? Equip the "Lores" command! Need an extra ninja, wild youth, rune knight, monk, machinist, moogle? Equip the "Throw", "Rage", "Runic", "Blitz", "Tools", or "Dance" commands! Need an extra pictomancer, samurai, or gambler for some ungodly reason? Equip the "Sketch", "Bushido", or "Slots" commands! ...And of course we get the Plain Jane "Attack", "Magic", and "Items" commands.

Last edited by vivify93; 2009-09-19 at 04:16.
vivify93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 21:09   Link #19876
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Quote:
Either or. FFVI's was a homage to FFV's, remember. Also, if you use him right, he can be tons of fun! Need an extra thief? Equip the "Steal" command! Need an extra blue mage? Equip the "Lores" command! Need an extra ninja, wild youth, rune knight, monk, machinist, moogle? Equip the "Throw", "Rage", "Runic", "Blitz", "Tools", or "Dance" commands! Need an extra pictomancer, samurai, or gambler for some ungodly reason? Equip the "Sketch", "Bushido", or "Slots" commands! ...And of course we get the Plain Jane "Attack", "Magic", and "Items" commands.
I read a fan theory (second letter) in Sosa's Twinkin Out with Red Mage column that maintained that the entire series was in reverse chronological order, and that the Gogo from V was the descendant of the Gogo from VI.
Shadow takes all.

Last edited by scify; 2009-09-18 at 21:32.
Old 2009-09-18, 23:15   Link #19877
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
I read a fan theory (second letter) in Sosa's Twinkin Out with Red Mage column that maintained that the entire series was in reverse chronological order, and that the Gogo from V was the descendant of the Gogo from VI.
That wouldn't work. That tecnology level kept improving from FFI to, at last FFVIII(I didn't played the others). Also, it isn't like they have planed so far. They didn'teven belivethe firs Final Fantasywould becomsofamous.

Oh, yeah, FFV's Gogo ismore interesting then FFVI's one.However, this is because the latter becomes a main character (so he becomes flat after the first time we see him). The are, actually, the same character. 9all the extra 3 characters from FFVI, Mog, Umaro and Gogo, are not good, btw.

Oh, yeah, the mimic class is awesome in FFV. Gogo is just as awesome, exept he has not characterization (so is kinda a waist raplacing a talking character).

PP:
Wait! We are discussing FF? Seriously? Should we genderbend it too then?
Old 2009-09-18, 23:17   Link #19878
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I vote let's not genderbend it.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 23:20   Link #19879
baltakatei

Quote:

PP:
Wait! We are discussing FF? Seriously? Should we genderbend it too then?
From the latest bits of the Final Fantasy franchise that I've seen, it shouldn't be that hard. The main leads are becoming increasingly androgynous.
Old 2009-09-18, 23:20   Link #19880
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

No bending video games.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan