AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 15:20   Link #6541
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Thanks! Wonder why wiki didn't translated that..

I awe you a +.. oh, we don't have that anymore...

Currently.. I'm planning to upgrade my RTW 1.5 to Europa Barbarodum.

Question to those who actually tried it..

1. Will it run just as the same as RTW?

2. Are the requirements just as the same?

3. Is the decreasing the quality available same as RTW? Like , pointed arms and legs?

NOTE: I'm playing RTW in my netbook...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-12-18 at 19:39.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 21:41   Link #6542
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

It's been a long while since I played EB, but since the version remains the same, I guess I can say a thing or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
1. Will it run just as the same as RTW?
Slower. EB is full of stuff. Neat, glorious stuff, that makes RTW twice, thrice the game it was at vanilla, but having a lot of stuff always has a cost. Turn times especially take a lot longer, because of campaign scripts.

I hate the AI and long turn times, so I deleted all the money scripts (meant to keep them afloat, develop and remain a challenge, since the EB economy is much, much harder than vanilla to handle) and screw 'em. That made it noticeably faster, and less balanced, but whatever. This same aspect goes for M2TW and its various heavy, but awesome mods (Stainless Steel, Broken Crescent, Third Age TW).

Quote:
2. Are the requirements just as the same?
Graphics, yes, more or less. CPU and Memory...it's probably happier playing on a faster and more memory-happy machine than vanilla.

However, if you can tolerate longer turn times -- say, ever played Civ on that Netbook of yours? -- yes, it's probably going to work just fine otherwise.

Quote:
3. Is the decreasing the quality available same as RTW? Like , pointed arms and legs?
No idea, come to think of it.

Also, welcome to EB. Come for the barbarians, stay for glorious Arche Seleukeia. And the overpowered vanilla Romans can all go snuff themselves on your phalanx's spear points. The Greeks are where it's at.

(If there's anything that EB taught me it's that spears are the easiest and most prevalent weapons for mankind, because pointy sticks)

Edit: final recommendation, if you have newer versions of RTW (i.e. the expansions), applying EB on them instead (see either the EB forum at TWCenter or The Org for how to's), it will get the same engine upgrade effects, meaning faster speed and more stability. Or so they say. I never bought the expansions.

Last edited by Irenicus; 2012-12-18 at 21:53.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 23:16   Link #6543
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Can anyone decode this?

BATDIV 7 MIAMI, VINCENNES, BILOXI, DESRON 52 LESS STEVEN POTTER, FROM TG 38.2 AND WASHINGTON, ALABAMA, WICHITA, NEW ORLEANS, DESDIV 100, PATTERSON, BAGLEY FROM TG 38.4 WILL BE FORMED AS TASK FORCE 34 UNDER VICE ADMIRAL LEE, COMMANDER BATTLE LINE. TF 34 TO ENGAGE DECISIVELY AT LONG RANGES. CTG 38.4 CONDUCT CARRIERS OF TG 38.2 AND TG 38.4 CLEAR OF SURFACE FIGHTING. INSTRUCTIONS FOR TG 38.3 AND TG 38.1 LATER. HALSEY, OTC IN NEW JERSEY.
Where you get that from? Sounds more like a transcript from the Pacific War...it's not even encoded
Old 2012-12-26, 07:27   Link #6544
HasuMasu
*Artist

Say, is it alright for me to use the computer even without my glasses?

Assuming that me being near-sighted isn't a factor. Just, is there any harm in looking at a computer screen for extended periods of time...well yeah I know there's harm in that even with my glasses but is there any more harm without them?
Old 2012-12-26, 07:29   Link #6545
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Say, is it alright for me to use the computer even without my glasses?

Assuming that me being near-sighted isn't a factor. Just, is there any harm in looking at a computer screen for extended periods of time...well yeah I know there's harm in that even with my glasses but is there any more harm without them?

A simple FAQ
Old 2012-12-26, 07:34   Link #6546
Zakoo

There has been no health informations towards some hard effects on the eyes by an heavy use of computer, but personally since I'm a megane, the brain pain you will get the morning are really aweful.

Worse than taking a 1 liter bottle vodka.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 07:36   Link #6547
HasuMasu
*Artist

I see, then.

Thanks, I'd give cookies if I could.
Old 2012-12-26, 07:50   Link #6548
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
I see, then.

Thanks, I'd give cookies if I could.
Mail it by LBC!
Old 2012-12-27, 21:21   Link #6549
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Why are Bobcat call Bobcats?
Old 2012-12-27, 21:37   Link #6550
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Why are Bobcat call Bobcats?
Probably because of the tail... its kinda bobbed or something.. shorten?
Old 2012-12-28, 08:49   Link #6551
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I cuddle my little Uni to bed every night. When I am on night shift/OT the previous day and need to rush out at 8am the next day, my mum would nosey into my room and make my bed.

I appreciate her kindness, but I wish she would stop complaining about Uni; I already told her Uni is one of my waifus yet she still gripes about me not getting a "legal and real" one.
So how do you get the creases out of her? Can't iron polyester....or do you just leave her as she is?
Old 2012-12-28, 08:54   Link #6552
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So how do you get the creases out of her? Can't iron polyester....or do you just leave her as she is?
You don't. In fact, when you air the bolster in the sun, just clip the 4 ends of the daki to stretch, and it will straighten out.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 09:22   Link #6553
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You don't. In fact, when you air the bolster in the sun, just clip the 4 ends of the daki to stretch, and it will straighten out.
ic...

welp, sucks that it rains almost daily now.

But won't sunning cause color fade and yellowing?
Old 2012-12-28, 10:39   Link #6554
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
ic...

welp, sucks that it rains almost daily now.

But won't sunning cause color fade and yellowing?
You COULD remove the stuffing and buy your own bolster so you can wash it in cold water. Mine is pre-stuffed and it is hard to wash, so I usually just febreze it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-12-28, 12:05   Link #6555
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Your daki is pre-stuffed? Mine is just a casing. Could wash in cold water but you still have to sun it....how resistant is polyester to yellowing and fading under sun?
Old 2012-12-28, 12:48   Link #6556
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Your daki is pre-stuffed? Mine is just a casing. Could wash in cold water but you still have to sun it....how resistant is polyester to yellowing and fading under sun?
Fade? You are not supposed to wash it every week! Once every 2 months is enough!

Dry it in the morning when the sun is not too hot, or if you don't want risk, dry it at night.

The yellowing is based on how much the cloth is bleached before the dye is added, if the bleach isn't completely washed off during production then the chlorine residue will surface under strong heat/UV light. If it is stuffed, get those kid-sized bathtubs from general stores - usually you can find them in heartlands outside of shopping malls. It will just be enough to soak your daki in. Or you could wet it completely and wipe over with mild detergent using a soft wet cloth.

Think of it as you are cleaning a real loli and don't apply too much force, even on the stained sweat marks. If you hate children then good luck figuring out how to clean it gently.

Old 2012-12-28, 22:14   Link #6557
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Orh I see...thanks.

The last line as general guide is very useful.
Old 2012-12-30, 00:06   Link #6558
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@CE
Turn over the dkm, so ur waifu pic is inside now.
That way, the color wont have direct contact with the sun...
Or you can apply dry it under the shade...

I wash my dkm once a month...
Though all of my dkm are custom made one...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 18:19   Link #6559
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Ok without make it very complicated

Explained me Left Wings and Right Wings Politic and the difference.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 18:31   Link #6560
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Ok without make it very complicated

Explained me Left Wings and Right Wings Politic and the difference.
Left = social equality
Right = social hierarchy

The difference is they're both stupid old fat bastards.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious