AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-14, 17:33   Link #23561
Sworra

That AGE 2 has Zeta and Victory writen all over it. Its slick and decent, better looking then the AGE 1 I'd buy it when the MG comes out..
Old 2011-12-14, 18:05   Link #23562
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Unlike with the AGE-1 and its forms... AGE-2 is love at first sight

Superb boxart; they're even focusing more on the waverider mode.

Bandai could have hidden the head better though.
Old 2011-12-14, 18:57   Link #23563
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It's a throw back to the Victory Gundam, that's what I'm betting. Or the flag, given the position of the gun and the head. Either way, I like it. I hope this means we'll be getting official reveals of the Dorado and Adele soon.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 19:27   Link #23564
DV04

I really like the design of this Gundam, but I'll probably get the MG scale like most. I tend to just buy 1/144 HG for grunt units.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 20:04   Link #23565
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
beam rifle for Age-2 is like gun form of 00 Qan[t] GN sword v =x
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 20:34   Link #23566
DV04

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Yeah, it does. There's a lot of influences from past series in AGE, but I personally don't mind. Speaking of influences, they also take some ideas from other anime series too. For example, the UE's Zedas really reminds me of Code Geass' Gawain/Shinkirou (probably mentioned before by others).
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 22:29   Link #23567
pumpkins

Quote:
yup, its like the gn sword iv too, just add a gn blade below it and you can use it for your 00. lol

not too fond of the transformed mode.. and i dunno if thats a shield on its left arm but if it is, its tiny!
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 22:42   Link #23568
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
yup, its like the gn sword iv too, just add a gn blade below it and you can use it for your 00. lol

not too fond of the transformed mode.. and i dunno if thats a shield on its left arm but if it is, its tiny!
the transformation is similar to union flag/overflag/enact/Braves of 00
Old 2011-12-15, 00:39   Link #23569
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Actually that style of transformation dates back all the way to Zeta Gundam, specifically MS like the Gaplant. That style is more prevalent among non-Gundams though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
For example, the UE's Zedas really reminds me of Code Geass' Gawain/Shinkirou (probably mentioned before by others).
Same mecha designer. Junya Ishigaki worked on the designs for Code Geass and now the UE for AGE. He's also worked on designs for Gundam Wing, like the Maganacs.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 01:29   Link #23570
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Are you sure? For me, it looks like the GN Sword II Blaster from the 00 Gundam 7 Swords/G, just without the blade.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 01:58   Link #23571
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Are you sure? For me, it looks like the GN Sword II Blaster from the 00 Gundam 7 Swords/G, just without the blade.
the top n bottom blue cover for the rifle though the barrel kinda like GN Sword II blaster
Old 2011-12-15, 05:02   Link #23572
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaKkisa View Post
Hey everyone!

Just a quick question and hopefully someone might have an answer. It is with the HG G-Exes that is soon to be released. The black parts on the shoulders, will Bandai include stickers or will I have to paint it? (I've never painted before, I just started to panel line the gunpla, what paint/marker should I use for it?)

Spoiler for picture without black:

Spoiler for Picture with black:
in rgds to yr qn which i finally found:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10166777

sad to say is stickers if u look at the manual
Old 2011-12-15, 05:12   Link #23573
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Who cares about the Banshee when we're getting the Byalant Kai?!

giant text aside, what scale are robot damashii's? 1/144's?
Yes but the Byalant Kai is an exclusive. Which means if you don't live in Japan, you're screwed. Because you'll have to use middleman services, or ebay. The Byalant Kai as a Robot Damashii figure is hardly anything to be happy about. Unless you can spend the 80-150 bucks it'll eventually cost, then power to ya.

It's actually just another reason why the Robot Damashii line is disappointing me more and more. I use to be such a big fan, but now my like for the line is barely holding on by a thread. The line now is plauged by poor selection, spaced out relases, and too many exclusives. Thank god the AGE Gundam and the Gafran got made and AREN'T exclusives. Otherwise, I'd have very little cause to keep buying.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Byalant, it's a cool design. But after the total screen time of 1:14 seconds, I feel it's justification as a figure is...very low. What Bandai should be making from Gundam Unicorn is the ReZel, Delta Plus, Loto, and Kshatriya, those mobile suits have all had lengthy roles and appeared in more than OVA. But for some reason, the Byalant Kai gets more attention.

And I just did three paragraphs of complaining....it's not directed at you Znozzy I swear. I just feel the Robot Damashii line is dying and it shouldn't be.
Old 2011-12-15, 05:35   Link #23574
HasuMasu
*Artist

The AGE looks more and more like a 00 suit as it evolves.
Old 2011-12-15, 06:10   Link #23575
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
the top n bottom blue cover for the rifle though the barrel kinda like GN Sword II blaster
Oh, that's what you mean. But still, the resemblance isn't that high imo.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 06:59   Link #23576
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Yes but the Byalant Kai is an exclusive. Which means if you don't live in Japan, you're screwed. Because you'll have to use middleman services, or ebay. The Byalant Kai as a Robot Damashii figure is hardly anything to be happy about. Unless you can spend the 80-150 bucks it'll eventually cost, then power to ya.

It's actually just another reason why the Robot Damashii line is disappointing me more and more. I use to be such a big fan, but now my like for the line is barely holding on by a thread. The line now is plauged by poor selection, spaced out relases, and too many exclusives. Thank god the AGE Gundam and the Gafran got made and AREN'T exclusives. Otherwise, I'd have very little cause to keep buying.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Byalant, it's a cool design. But after the total screen time of 1:14 seconds, I feel it's justification as a figure is...very low. What Bandai should be making from Gundam Unicorn is the ReZel, Delta Plus, Loto, and Kshatriya, those mobile suits have all had lengthy roles and appeared in more than OVA. But for some reason, the Byalant Kai gets more attention.

And I just did three paragraphs of complaining....it's not directed at you Znozzy I swear. I just feel the Robot Damashii line is dying and it shouldn't be.
Oh, i don't really care about the Robot damashii line either tbh, i was just being sarcastic while writing that

i'm really holding my thumbs for a Byalant Kai HG though, that would make my year.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 07:21   Link #23577
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post

I just started 2 months ago with buying some Robot Damashii figures. I agree with most of what you say, but besides the selection of certain suits i'm not to found of teh overall quality of RD. The selection is mainly based on what's new rotated with older popular suits. I have no problem with this as not all new suits are great, nor from gundam age, nor from unicorn. Unicorn will probably get a few more releases in RD, as it aint finished yet, got to be patient.

After having done 4 comparisons, between RD and the previous HCM Pro line (4 00 season 4 main suits) , i found that RD is a sort of compromise between the old MSIA and the HCM Pro line.

RD are simply put too expensive for what you get, luckyly i got most of my figures on HLJ at -60% and -70%. I still would have liked the old HC Pro line to continue, despite the smaller 1/200 scale the figures are overall alot better then RD.

My last RD was Aile strike gundam and i was dissapointed, being a huge strike fan it is not as great a some people claimed. When i have built my 1/144 RG Aile strike i'll do a comparison of both.

I hope RD follows a progressive line of quality like HCM Pro did so in the future they will get better.

Today i'll be opening my RD Gouf Custom , hope it's better, because i really like the fact that it comes with 2 gatling shields.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 16:37   Link #23578
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

My last RD figure was the Aile Strike Gundam and Tallgeese III. While the Aile Strike is a good figure, it's WAY too stylized. Doesn't really reflect the boxy design the anime version had.
Old 2011-12-15, 19:51   Link #23579
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

i have a few RD figures (Unicorn Unicorn mode, Unicorn Destroy ver1, Unicorn Destroy OVA, F-91, Destiny, Strike Freedom, Wing Zero Custom)

So far im impress for the Destiny, Strike Freedom & new Unicorn Destroy
Old 2011-12-15, 20:35   Link #23580
Appel

they added new items to the HLJ EMS shipping campaign! in the gunpla category they now also have the MG the-o and both mega size zakus. so when you order one of those the whole package will be only 2000 yen shipping!^^ thats pretty good considering how big the box of the-o is!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy