AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-04, 21:38   Link #841
Nibelheim

I wonder if Suzuku will use this chance and kill off a few of the lower knights in order to get closer to his goal. I mean he already killed his own father to save the lives of innocent Japanese people so i could see him turning on the other knights if it gives him a better shot at the number one seat.
Nibelheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 21:47   Link #842
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It wasn't really about saving innocent Japanese. He was just a kid who freaked out really.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 23:03   Link #843
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It wasn't really about saving innocent Japanese. He was just a kid who freaked out really.
...because he didn't want more Japanese to die. It's not referred to in the series as a selfish wish because there was no reason for it. Oh, sure, the stabbing itself was heat of the moment, but the entire confrontation and reason behind it was because he didn't want the pointless bloodshed to continue. You can argue whether that was some horrible thing or not, but you're fighting the series if you try and say it wasn't there.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 01:11   Link #844
greyhawk
Some dude

Nunally is back as the new Governor-General, 3 Knights of Rounds are present (things look pretty grim for the Black Knights as they can neither fight nor win, of course this time Lelouch can't kill the Governor-General like the last time), and the Knight of One can choose any country he wants (one hell of a privilege, another moral dilemma like the SAR?). Lol, looks like I'll have to watch CG till the end as many more mysteries continue to unfold before making any new assumptions. This series just keeps getting better and better.
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 03:19   Link #845
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
I wonder if Suzuku will use this chance and kill off a few of the lower knights in order to get closer to his goal. I mean he already killed his own father to save the lives of innocent Japanese people so i could see him turning on the other knights if it gives him a better shot at the number one seat.
That would be entirely out of character for Suzaku. As someone else said, he was a kid who freaked out at the prospect of everyone in Japan dying for his father's arrogance and pride. Suzaku isn't the type to betray his friends and comrades so easily. His handing over of Lelouch to the emperor was warranted by Lelouch's killing of Euphie so that's different.
Old 2008-05-05, 04:39   Link #846
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
That would be entirely out of character for Suzaku. As someone else said, he was a kid who freaked out at the prospect of everyone in Japan dying for his father's arrogance and pride. Suzaku isn't the type to betray his friends and comrades so easily. His handing over of Lelouch to the emperor was warranted by Lelouch's killing of Euphie so that's different.
however he is handeling everything different right now as it is, he uses Nunnally for his own ambition not only to backstab Lelouch in his pressence but also so that she can lead the appointed sector for him..
btw he can't become Knight of One if the Knight of One is still alive so he might have to defeat and kill him in a duell anyway..
Suzaku isn't playing by the book as he used to, he has thrown it away and is using mean tricks to get what he wants and to uncover the truth

as for Genbu's murder is was something accidential, he wasn't coming into that room with that murderous intention, he tried to reason with his father and as a result stabbed him in a wave of panic.. if he had done it with the intention to then he wouldnt have that much of a guilty feeling in the progress
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 05:46   Link #847
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
he is using mean tricks to get what he wants and to uncover the truth
thanks to Lelouch sensei

Quote:
as for Genbu's murder is was something accidential, he wasn't coming into that room with that murderous intention, he tried to reason with his father and as a result stabbed him in a wave of panic.. if he had done it with the intention to then he wouldnt have that much of a guilty feeling in the progress
I agree with you
BTW Karuma, can you write something about SuzakuxNunnuly??? maybe something angsty.....
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 05:58   Link #848
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
thanks to Lelouch sensei

I agree with you
BTW Karuma, can you write something about SuzakuxNunnuly??? maybe something angsty.....
=3 he he after i finish my fan opening ill think of a storyline XD i had a funny dream concernign the two this morning might work that one out mhuhahaha
(right now doing the effects, took me two days to cut and edit the scenes for the opening o.o

and yes manyt hanks to Lelouch sensei, it's kind ahis faulth that Suzaku became the way he is in the first place after Euphie's death, he might deserve this kind fo threatment but we all love Lelouch and that is what make his actions okay compared to Suzaku.. he had a bad reputation to begin with
Old 2008-05-05, 06:09   Link #849
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
and yes manyt hanks to Lelouch sensei, it's kind ahis faulth that Suzaku became the way he is in the first place after Euphie's death, he might deserve this kind fo threatment but we all love Lelouch and that is what make his actions okay compared to Suzaku.. he had a bad reputation to begin with
No we don't. I want him to suffer in pain.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 06:14   Link #850
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
=3 he he after i finish my fan opening ill think of a storyline XD
Great!!!!*___* I'm looking forward it!!!
Old 2008-05-05, 06:16   Link #851
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
No we don't. I want him to suffer in pain.
It really isn't good to watch a show with the sole hope of seeing a paticular character die a horrible death. That and it annoys some who in return talk about how they watch the show just to see Lelouch suffer.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 06:25   Link #852
Sol Falling

On the idea of Suzaku 'using' Nunally...

Do you think Nunally doesn't want a peaceful Japan? Do you think she wants her precious brother to carve a path of bloody destruction, killing her siblings in her name? Or if she still doesn't know he's Zero, do you think she wouldn't take the only opportunity available to her to live peacefully with her brother again? I'm not sure anybody can say Suzaku is 'taking advantage' of Nunally; it rather seems to me that their goals neatly coincide, doesn't it?

Anyway, as for as Suzaku's patricide, I'm pretty sure that Picture Book 23.95 says he planned to do it. That doesn't provide any support for the idea that Suzaku would kill anybody who got in his way, though. The regret and guilt he felt after the death of his father is exactly the reason why he adopted his 'right methods' mentality and decided to change Britannia from within.

Think about it. How do you think Suzaku sees Britannia now, and how do you think Suzaku saw his father as a child? Both were strict, authoritarian people/organizations, who were content to use the populations under their rule for their own selfish purposes. Both were considerably better established than Suzaku, with the result that he had no immediate means of changing their intended policies. The situations parallel, but Suzaku has clearly shown that he's doing it differently this time around.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 06:35   Link #853
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
On the idea of Suzaku 'using' Nunally...

Do you think Nunally doesn't want a peaceful Japan? Do you think she wants her precious brother to carve a path of bloody destruction, killing her siblings in her name? Or if she still doesn't know he's Zero, do you think she wouldn't take the only opportunity available to her to live peacefully with her brother again? I'm not sure anybody can say Suzaku is 'taking advantage' of Nunally; it rather seems to me that their goals neatly coincide, doesn't it?
The only thing we know for sure that Nunnally wants is to be with Lelouch. That's it. "A peaceful world" is so damn vague, naive and it's impossible so I'm not even gonna go there. Other than that we do not know what Nunnally wants. The only reason Nunnally is governor is because Lelouch is Zero. She is being used as a tool against him and to keep the governor seat warm for Suzaku.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 06:43   Link #854
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Anyway, as for as Suzaku's patricide, I'm pretty sure that Picture Book 23.95 says he planned to do it.
Rewatch the episode 16. Of course, after his death, Suzaku had to find a reason to justify what he did, but in the flashback, they were arguing, Genbu slapped him and Suzaku reacted instinctively.
When Genbu falls on the floor, we see Suzaku's shocked face, and then he runs toward his father.
He wasn't coming into the room with murderous intention!
Old 2008-05-05, 06:54   Link #855
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I used to be up in the air over who was "Right" and who was "Wrong" between Suzaku and Lelouch. Now after seeing how he's using Nunally I just want Suzaku dead.
Old 2008-05-05, 07:08   Link #856
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-Tails-Nin View Post
I used to be up in the air over who was "Right" and who was "Wrong" between Suzaku and Lelouch. Now after seeing how he's using Nunally I just want Suzaku dead.
Nobody is "right".They both use mean tricks to get what they want
Old 2008-05-05, 07:21   Link #857
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Nobody is "right".They both use mean tricks to get what they want
but one's more loved than the other that is the difference
Old 2008-05-05, 07:26   Link #858
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
The only thing we know for sure that Nunnally wants is to be with Lelouch. That's it. "A peaceful world" is so damn vague, naive and it's impossible so I'm not even gonna go there. Other than that we do not know what Nunnally wants. The only reason Nunnally is governor is because Lelouch is Zero. She is being used as a tool against him and to keep the governor seat warm for Suzaku.
Even so, do you think Suzaku cares so little for Nunally that he would not respect her wishes in any manner? It's been stated that Nunally is not only Lelouch's raison d'etre, but Suzaku's as well. Suzaku isn't putting Nunally into the governor-general's seat to force her to do what he tells her too; rather, he trusts that she, like Euphie, has a kind heart that desires happiness for both Japanese and Britannians.

Quote:
Rewatch the episode 16. Of course, after his death, Suzaku had to find a reason to justify what he did, but in the flashback, they were arguing, Genbu slapped him and Suzaku reacted instinctively.
When Genbu falls on the floor, we see Suzaku's shocked face, and then he runs toward his father.
He wasn't coming into the room with murderous intention!
Suzaku may have performed the actual murder in the heat of the moment, but picture book 23.95 confirms that he had decided upon that course of action if it came down to it. Obviously Suzaku would have first tried to convince his father to give up on his do or die resistance, and maybe he thought he acted a bit hastily afterwards, but it still remains that Suzaku had planned beforehand that he would kill his father as a last resort.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 07:38   Link #859
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
but one's more loved than the other that is the difference
right Suzaku needs love!!!
Old 2008-05-05, 07:58   Link #860
Stretch5920

Quote:
Even so, do you think Suzaku cares so little for Nunally that he would not respect her wishes in any manner? It's been stated that Nunally is not only Lelouch's raison d'etre, but Suzaku's as well. Suzaku isn't putting Nunally into the governor-general's seat to force her to do what he tells her too; rather, he trusts that she, like Euphie, has a kind heart that desires happiness for both Japanese and Britannians.
He just forced her into a situation he knows will only hurt her. She is about to hear the most important person to her tell her that he doesn't even know her, never did. Quite the opposite of what Nunnally wants. And since when is Nunnally Suzaku's reason to live? Sounds like a crappy statement from an interview or something, judging from the show his reason for living is for Euphie's sake and dream. Your statement about Suzaku trusting Nunnally to do this and that is just speculation based on nothing. The only reason she is governor is because Lelouch is Zero, they stick her in there to mess with him. If Nunnally was their plan to make Japan peaceful, they would have already done it.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote